Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Canadian American Director and Former Academy president has passed away in Los Angeles of Natural Causes at the age of 92 years. Who is he?
D.Maratru DellerAnswer – B.Arthur Hiller
Canadian-American director and former Academy president Arthur Hiller has passed away in Los Angeles of natural causes. He was 92 years old.
- Which Indian player has been honoured with the honorary life membership of the Merylenborne Cricket Club?
D.Anil KumbleAnswer – A.Virender Sehwag
Indian Batting Great Virender Sehwag has been honored with the honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club.
- Name the Indian Tennis Men’s Doubles pair clinched ATP title at the Abierto Mexicano Mifel in Las Cabos, Mexico?
A.Rohan Bhopanna and Leander Paes
B.Leander Paes and Mahesh Bhupathi
C.Divij Sharan and Rohan Bhopanna
D.Divij Sharan and Purav RajaAnswer – D.Divij Sharan and Purav Raja
Indian tennis Men’s doubles pair Divij Sharan and Purav Raja clinched ATP title at the Abierto Mexicano Mifel in Los Cabos, Mexico. This is the second title for the Duo.
- Name the tigress which known as the Queen of Ranthambore tiger Conservation passed away in National Park in Rajasthan?
D.DelphiAnswer – B.Machli
Machli tigress known popularly as the Queen of Ranthambore perhaps India’s most iconic big cat and the face of the country’s tiger conservation programme, died at Ranthambore National Park in Rajasthan.
- Which research Centre has developed a simple, user friendly, quick and cost effective kit for on site determination of Cr (VI) Concentration?
A.Indian Institute of Science
B.Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
C.Kudankulam Atomic Power Station
D.Neyveli Lignite CorporationAnswer – B.Bhabha Atomic Research Centre
Bhabha Atomic Research Centre has developed a simple, user friendly, quick and cost effective kit for onsite determination of Cr (VI), which meets IS10500 as well as EPA criterion.
- Which Country has developed the world’s largest aircraft Airlander 10 has embarked on its maiden flight to the skies over the airfield in Cardington?
D.ChinaAnswer – C.England
The world’s largest aircraft Airlander 10 has embarked on its maiden flight to the skies and applause from crowds gathered at an airfield in Cardington England. The Aircraft was developed by United Kingdom maker Hybrid Air Vehicles.
- Which Public Sector Enterprise signed Memorandum of Agreement with National Mission for Clean Ganga helps in the establishment of STP in Mathura?
A.Indian Oil Corporation
B.Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
C.National Thermal Power Corporation
D.Bharat PetroleumAnswer – A.Indian Oil Corporation
An MoU was signed between National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG) and Indian Oil Corporation (IOC). This MoU helps in the establishment of STP in Mathura which will provide treated water for industrial use.
- The Union Railways Ministry and Surat Municipal Corporation signed tri party agreement with which state to develop Surat Station under the PPP model?
D.RajasthanAnswer – B.Gujarat
The Union Railways Ministry, Gujarat state government and Surat Municipal Corporation went into tri-party agreement to develop Surat station under the Public Private Partnership model.
- Which State Government has approved to implement the 7th Pay Commission for 4.65 Lakh Employees and 4.12 Lakh pensioners?
D.Uttar PradeshAnswer – C.Gujarat
Gujarat state Cabinet chaired by Chief Minister Vijay Rupani has approved to implement the 7th pay commission recommendations at a meeting in Gandhinagar.
- Cricket Icon and Rajya Sabha MP Sachin Tendulkar has adopted which village in Maharashtra for development under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana?
D.PundheAnswer – A.Donja
Cricket icon and Rajya Sabha MP Sachin Tendulkar has selected Donja village in Osmanabad district of Maharashtra for development under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna.
- Which institute has adopted five villages to restrict the flow of sewage into the river under the Namami Gange Programme?
A.Indian Institute of Technology, Kharaghpur
B.Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
C.Indian School of Mines, Dehradun
D.Indian Institute of Technology, KanpurAnswer – D.Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
IIT-Kanpur has adopted five villages to restrict the flow of sewage into the river under the Namami Gange programme. Five villages: L Ramel Nagar, Khoyra Katree, Pratapur, Hari Hindpur, and Katri Ladhva Khera.
- A three-member parliamentary delegation attended the first SAARC Young Parliamentarians Conference on “Peace and Harmony for Development” held in which country?
D.ChinaAnswer – B.Pakistan
A three-member Parliamentary delegation attended the first SAARC Young Parliamentarians Conference (YPC) on `Peace and Harmony for Development’ which held from August 16 to 18 in Islamabad, Pakisthan.
- Which Bank announced its partnership with Chillr, a mobile banking application to provide cashless transactions?
A.Catholic Syrian Bank
D.Federal BankAnswer – D.Federal Bank
Federal Bank announced its partnership with Chillr, a mobile banking application, to provide cashless transactions.
- Which Bank has come into existence after it received certificate of incorporation from the Registrar of Companies, setting the stage for the new bank to begin operations in 2017?
B.India Post Payments
D.None of the aboveAnswer – B.India Post Payments
India Post Payments Bank has come into existence after it received certificate of incorporation from the Registrar of Companies, setting the stage for the new bank to begin operations in 2017.
- Which of the following Indian Companies is not listed in the Carbon Clean 200 List created by Corporate Knights?
D.JB Aluminium ExtrusionAnswer – D.JB Aluminium Extrusion
A special institution named Corporate Knights created the Carbon Clean 200 (Clean 200 TM) – a list of the 200 largest companies worldwide ranked by their total clean energy revenues as an invitation to a larger discussion of how we can invest in a clean energy future.
- Who has been elected as the President of Zambia in a common voting against his main National Development Party Rival?
D.Edgar LunguAnswer – D.Edgar Lungu
Zambian and Patriotic Front’s (PF) Presidential Candidate Edgar Lungu has won the re-election in a common voting against his main National development Party Rival.
- Who has been selected for the prestigious Vyas Samman 2015 for the poetry collection?
D.Sunita JainAnswer – D.Sunita Jain
Well-known Hindi scholar and writer Sunita Jain’s poetry collection Kshama has been selected for the prestigious Vyas Samman 2015 for her poetry collection “Kshama”.