AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs August 15 2019
- Who will chair the reconstituted Inter-State Council, which will investigate and advise on disputes arising between states ?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Narendra Singh Tomar
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Narendra Modi
The Inter-State Council was reconstituted with Prime Minister Narendra Modi as its chairman and 6 Union ministers and chief ministers as members. The Article 263 of the Constitution provides for the establishment of an Inter-State Council which is mandated to inquire into and advise upon disputes which may arise between states, investigate and discuss subjects in which some or all of the states, or the Union and one or more of the states, have a common interest.
- Where will the Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) set up in association with Tata Educational and Development Trust (TEDT) ?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Kolkata, West Bengal
3) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
4) New Delhi, Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
On August 14,2019, Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey, Minister for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) stated that world-class Indian Institute of Skills (IIS) will be set up in Mumbai, Maharashtra in association with Tata Educational and Development Trust (TEDT) aimed at scaling up of skill training enabling the young generation to acquire skills at par with global standards.
- Who will chair the reconstituted standing committee of the Inter-State Council, which will consult and recommend matters for consideration of the council & process all matters pertaining to Centre-state relations ?
1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
2) Amit Shah
3) Narendra Singh Tomar
4) Gajendra Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Amit Shah
The government reconstituted the standing committee of the Inter-State Council with the chairmanship of Home Minister Amit Shah. 4 Union ministers Nirmala Sitharaman, Narendra Singh Tomar, Thaawar Chand Gehlot & Gajendra Singh Shekhawat and 8 chief ministers are the members. It will have consultation and recommend matters for consideration of the council, process all matters pertaining to Centre-state relations before they are taken up for consideration in the council, monitor the implementation of decisions taken on the recommendations of the council and consider any other matter referred to it by the council.
- CORAS was in news recently, what does ‘CO’ stands for ______________ .
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Commandos
CO stands for Commandos.The full form of CORAS is Commandos for Railway Security.
- Who launched the Commandos for Railway Security(CORAS), a special railway unit for the Indian railways ?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Suresh Prabhu
3) Narendra Modi
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Piyush Goyal
On august 04,2019 CORAS (Commandos For Railway Security), a special railway unit for the Indian railways and a new establishment manual for the Railway Protection Force(RPF) was launched by union Railway Minister Shri Piyush Goyal at a function in New Delhi railway station.
- Where was the India’s first space museum inaugurated ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Hyderabad
On July 26 2019, the first space museum of India opening new attraction to space enthusiasts, was set up at Hyderabad in association with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). The museum is housed in the Birla Science Museum. It gave Space of 9000 square feet to set up the space museum. It was inaugurated on the celebration on golden jubilee year of the Birla Archaeological and Cultural Research Institute (BACRI).
- Name the Japanese ship, that visited Kochi, Kerala on a 2-day goodwill visit from 13th to 14th August, 2019 .
1) JS Ōnami
2) JS Sazanami
3) JS Inazuma
4) JS Samidare
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) JS Sazanami
Japanese Ship, JS Sazanami, the fourth vessel of the Takanami class destroyers of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) commanded by Commander Shoji Ishkawa visited Kochi on a 2-day goodwill visit from 13th to 14th August, 2019.
- Where was the 4th India-China Media Forum 2019 held ?
1) Shanghai, China
2) New Delhi, India
3) Beijing, China
4) West Bengal, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Beijing, China
On August 12, 2019, 4th India-China Media Forum was held in Beijing, China has brought the important stakeholders and opinion makers from the two countries, attended by members of the Indian and Chinese media.
- Name the India delegation, who lead the 2nd meeting of China-India high-level mechanism on cultural and people-to-people exchanges held in Beijing, China .
1) Dr. Subrahmanyam Jai Shankar
2) Amit Shah
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Ramesh Pokhriyal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1)Dr. Subrahmanyam Jai Shankar
External Affairs Minister(EAM) of India Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar visited(3-day from August 11 to 13,2019)Beijing, China during which he had bilateral meetings with his counterpart Foreign Minister and State Councillor Wang Yi, Vice President Wang Qishan, 4th meeting of the India-China Media Forum on cultural and people-to-people exchanges & signed 5 MoUs(memorandum of understanding) during the visit.
- How many MoU’s were signed between India and China during External Affairs Minister(EAM) of India Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar visit to Beijing, China ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 5
5 MoU’s are signed between India and China.
S.No MoU signed between India and China Representative Signing from Indian Side Representative Signing from Chinese Side 1 Plan of Action to Implement the Protocol between the Ministry of External Affairs of the Republic of India and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China on Cooperation in Bilateral Relations, 2020 Dr. S Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister of India Mr. Wang Yi, State Councillor and Foreign Minister of PRC 2 MoU on Sports Cooperation Between the General Administration of Sports of People’s Republic of China and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of the Republic of India Shri Radhey Shyam Julaniya, Secretary Sports, Govt of India Mr. Gao Zhidan, Deputy Director-General, General Administration of Sports of China 3 Programme of Cultural Exchange between the Government of People’s Republic of China and the National Museum, New Delhi, Government of India Shri Vikram Misri, Ambassador of India to PRC Mr. Zhang Xu, Vice Minister, Ministry of Culture and Tourism of PRC 4 MoU Between National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine of the People’s Republic of China and Ministry of Ayush of the Republic of India concerning cooperation in Traditional Medicine Shri Vikram Misri, Ambassador of India to PRC Mr. Yu Wenming, Director General, National Administration of Traditional Chinese Medicine 5 MoU Between Hubei Provincial Museum, People’s Republic of China and the National Museum, New Delhi, Government of India Shri Vikram Misri, Ambassador of India to PRC Mr. Fangqin, Curator, Hubei Provincial Museum, PRC
- What is the maximum standard asset value of partial guarantee scheme under which state-run public-sector banks(PSBs) can purchase high-rated pooled assets originated up to March 31, 2019, from NBFCs ?
1) Rs 3 trillion
2) Rs 1 trillion
3) Rs 5 trillion
4) Rs 7 trillion
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rs 1 trillion
In a bid to help the Financially sound NBFCs (Non- Banking Financial Companies), including Housing Finance Companies (HFCs), which are facing stress following stocks of defaults, the Central Government has issued guidelines of partial guarantee scheme covering a maximum standard asset value of Rs 1 trillion under which state-run public-sector banks(PSBs) can purchase high-rated pooled assets originated up to March 31, 2019, from NBFCs.
- Expand CRAR ?
1) Capital Ratio Weighted Adequacy Ratio(CRAR)
2) Capital Risk Weighted Adequacy Ratio(CRAR)
3) Capital To Risk Weighted Assets Ratio(CRAR)
4) Capital Risk Weighted Assets Ratio(CRAR)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Capital To Risk Weighted Assets Ratio(CRAR)
Full form of CRAR is Capital To Risk Weighted Assets Ratio(CRAR).
- Which payment system has crossed milestone of 200 million transactions in July 2019 as per the National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI) ?
1) Aadhaar enabled Payment System (AePS)
2) Google Pay
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Aadhaar enabled Payment System (AePS)
Umbrella organisation for operating retail payments and settlement, National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI) has stated that Aadhaar enabled Payment System (AePS) used by a total of 6.65 crore Indian citizens stood at 220.18 million with transaction value Rs 9,685.35 crore during July 2019 against the transaction count of 194.33 million with transaction value of Rs 8,867.33 crore in June 2019.
- Which bank has launched the world’s first negative interest rate home loan ?
1) Danske Bank
2) Nordea Bank
4) Jyske Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Jyske Bank
Denmark’s third-largest bank, Jyske Bank has launched the world’s first negative interest rate mortgage – handing out loans to homeowners where the charge is minus 0.5% a year. It has begun offering borrowers a 10-year deal at -0.5%. Negative interest rates effectively mean that a bank pays a borrower to take money off their hands, so they pay back less than they have been loaned.Another Danish bank, Nordea will begin offering 20-year fixed-rate deals at 0% and a 30-year mortgage at 0.5%.
- Which state’s Dikom Tea Estate named “Golden Butterfly tea” created record of being sold at Rs.75,000 at the Tea Auction Centre ?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Assam
A rare tea variety of eastern Assam’s Dikom Tea Estate named “Golden Butterfly tea” created a record of being sold at Rs.75,000 per kg at the Guwahati Tea Auction Centre (GTAC), Assam.This golden butterfly tea surpassed previous record of sale of “Maijan Golden Tips” tea just by Rs.4,499. The Maijan Golden Tips was sold at Rs.70,501 per kg.The tea is actually handcrafted and is made from tender tea leaves and buds which are available only around June-July, thus raising its demand. It is judged by its aroma, taste, and colour and this tea is characterised by extremely mellow and sweet caramel flavour iii. The Dikom Tea Estate is situated near Eastern Assam’s Dibrugarh town.
- Which Indian State was conferred with “best innovation and initiative leadership award” at the 14th World Education Summit-2019 for its achievement in higher education ?
2) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rajasthan
On August 10, 2019, Rajasthan was awarded “best innovation and initiative leadership award” at the 14th World Education Summit-2019, held at New Delhi. The state was awarded for its achievement in higher education.The award was received by Minister of State(MoS) for Higher Education Shri Bhanwar Singh Bhati.
Innovative Practices for Academic Excellence award Sant Nandlal Vidya Mandir, Jharkhand Emerging University of India award O P Jindal University, Raigarh, Chattisgarh.
- Name the conference, which held prior to India’s Independence (June 25 – July 14, 1945) was added as a part of the National Film Archive of India (NFAI) collection.
1) Simla Conference
2) Calcutta Conference
3) Amritsar Conference
4) Ahmadabad Conference
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Simla Conference
Pune based National Film Archive of India (NFAI) has acquired rare black & white footage of the historic Simla Conference which was held during the crucial period prior to India’s independence (June 25 – July 14, 1945), at Viceregal Lodge (now known as the Rashtrapati Niwas), Simla, Himachal Pradesh.
- Who will be honored with the prestigious “2019 Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for excellence in Comedy” on 25th October?
1) Kevin Spacey
2) Rob Brydon
3) John C. Reilly
4) Steve Coogan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Steve Coogan
BAF TA LA ( British Academy of Film and Television Arts- Los Angeles branch) is to honour 53-year-old English actor Steve Coogan with the prestigious “2019 Charlie Chaplin Britannia Award for Excellence in Comedy”. He will be honoured during the 2019 Britannia awards to be held on 25th October at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, California, America.
- Name the scientist, who was honored with the Tamil Nadu Government’s Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam award during 2019 Indian Independence day .
1) G. Madhavan Nair
3) A. S. Kiran Kumar
4) Mylswamy Annadurai
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) K.Sivan
On August 15, 2019 chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) K.Sivan, under whose leadership the Chandrayaan- 2mission (mission to the moon) is launched, was conferred with Tamil Nadu Government’s Dr.A.P.J. Abdul Kalam award. Kalpana Chawla award for Courage and Daring Enterprise – P. Ramyalakshmi, Assistant director of fisheries. Special award for extraordinary Act of Bravery- Shanmugavelu and his wife Senthamarai.
- Who was appointed as the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) of Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) ?
1) D.K Chauhan
2) A. K. Pradhan
3) VG Somani
4) K. Bangarurajan
5) none of theseAnswer – 3) VG Somani
On August 14, 2019, The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) appointed VG Somani as Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) of Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) in Level 14 of the Pay Matrix as per the 7th Central Pay Commision (CPC), on deputation basis, for a period of 3 years. He is currently Joint Drugs Controller of India. He succeeds Dr. S. Eswara Reddy, who was on ad-hoc position for the post of DCGI.
- Researchers from which institute has fabricated a rechargeable iron ion battery designed using mild steel as the anode ?
1) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Madras
2) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Bombay
3) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Delhi
4) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Kharagpur
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Madras
For the first time, a team of Researchers led by Ramaprabhu Sundara at Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Madras has fabricated a rechargeable iron ion battery designed using mild steel as the anode.The rechargeable iron ion battery is cost-effective and it will store a high amount of energy in the battery & also displayed good stability with 54% capacity retention at the end of 50 cycles.
- Which country’s cricket team, won the T20 Physical Disability (PD) World Cricket Series 2019 that held in Worcester, England ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India
India won the T20 Physical Disability (PD) World Cricket Series 2019 after defeating England by 36 runs in the final held at the New Road Stadium in Worcester, England. The tournament was organized by the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB). 6 teams- India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, England, Bangladesh, and Zimbabwe had participated in the tournament.
- Name the state cricket association, which gets full member status in the Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) by the Committee of Administrators (CoA) .
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Uttarakhand
The Cricket Association of Uttarakhand (CAU) have been granted full membership in the BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) by the Committee of Administrators (CoA) on August 13, 2019.The association has been inducted as member association and as a full member with amendments that are required to be communicated by CoA.
- Who won the gold medal in 86-kg junior freestyle category at the Junior World Championships 2019 in Estonia ?
1) Yogeshwar Dutt
2) Pawan Kumar
3) Deepak Punia
4) Sushil Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Deepak Punia
On August 14, 2019, Wrestler Deepak Punia won gold in 86-kg junior freestyle category by beating Alik Shebzukhov of Russia at the Junior World Championships 2019 at Tallinn, Estonia. With this, he became the first Indian in 18 years to win the title. The last Indians to emerge gold medallists at the junior world championship were Ramesh Kumar (69 kg) and Palwinder Singh Cheema (130 kg) in 2001.In the 92kg, Vicky Chahar defeated Mongolia’s Batmagnai Eenkhtuvshin and claimed the bronze medal.
- Name the veteran Litterateur and first photojournalist of Nepal, who passed away recently in Kathmandu, Nepal .
1) Madan Mani Dixit
2) Gwen Ifill
3) Art Buchwald
4) Katharine Graham
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Madan Mani Dixit
On August 15, 2019, Nepal’s veteran Litterateur and Journalist, Madan Mani Dixit, aged 96, passed away in Kathmandu. He was suffering from pneumonia. Born on February 17, 1923, in Kathmandu, he was the first photojournalist of Nepal. He is the author of Nepali literary masterpieces, namely “Madhavi”, “Meri Nilima” and “Rigveda”.He was awarded the Madan Puraskar for his literary masterpiece “Madhavi” and won the prestigious Madan Puraskar of Nepal.
- José Luis Brown passed away , he was associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Football
Argentina’s 1986 World Cup winner José Luis Brown passed away on August 12, 2019, at the age of 62 in La Plata, Argentina after suffering from Alzheimer’s for a long time.Argentina’s football legend José Luis Brown.Born on November 10, 1956, in Ranchos, Argentina, José made 36 appearances for his country and scored the first goal of 1986 World Cup final led by Diego Maradona, against West Germany(Argentina won 3-2). ii. Commonly known as Tata, José worked as coach of the U-23 team of Argentina that won a gold medal in the 2008 Beijing Olympics.
- __________ Independence Day was celebrated on 15th August, 2019 .
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 73
On August 15, 2019, India celebrated its 73rd Independence Day. Prime Minister Narendra Modi unfurled the national flag at the Red Fort, New Delhi.
- How much amount will be invested in Infrastructure building by the government of India ?
1) Rs 75 lakh cr
2) Rs 50 lakh cr
3) Rs 100 lakh cr
4) Rs 10 lakh cr
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs 100 lakh cr
Government to invest Rs 100 lakh cr in infrastructure building. One nation, one constitution spirit has become a reality after scrapping of provisions of Article 370. There is a ‘huge’ scope for improvement in the tourism sector and everyone should visit at least 15 tourist destinations within India by 2022. India can become a 5 trillion dollar economy in the next 5 years.
- Name the mission launched by government of India to ensure safe drinking water to all households.
1) Jal Jeevan Mission
2) Jal Dayal Mission
3) Jal Suraksha Mission
4) Jal Sansad Mission
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jal Jeevan Mission
Jal Jeevan Mission to ensure safe drinking water to all households was announced. Government will spend Rs 3.5 lakh crore for it. Government has an aim is to reach among first 50 nations in ease of doing business. Implementation of GST achieved One Nation, One Tax. India achieved One Nation, One Grid in the energy sector. Arrangements have been made for One Nation, One Mobility Card and India endorsed the idea of One Nation, One Election emphasizing the need for democratic discussions on the issue. PM gave a motto to boost digital payment- ‘Yes to digital payment, No to cash’.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the Interim President of Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) ?Answer – CK Khanna
- Udanti Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state ?Answer – Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Udanti Wildlife Sanctuary was in news when five female wild buffaloes will travel more than 1,500 km crossing five States — the longest such translocation in the country ever — from Assam to the Udanti Wildlife Sanctuary in Raipur district, to help revive the waning population of Chhattisgarh’s State animal and expand its territory across States.
- Central Drugs Standard Control Organisation (CDSCO) works under which ministry ?Answer – Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- Mount APSARASAS-II is located in which UT/State ?Answer – Ladakh
Lt Gen YK Joshi, General Officer Commanding, Fire and Fury Corps flagged off a mountaineering expedition to Mount APSARASAS-II in the Ladakh region. The expedition is being undertaken by ‘Tejasvi Teen’ Battalion under the aegis of ‘Patiala Brigade’. The expedition team comprises of seasoned mountaineers who will attempt to summit the technically challenging peak located in the Siachen Muztagh mountain ranges. With an elevation of 7,239 metres, MOUNT APSARASAS-II figures amongst the 100 highest peaks of the world.
- Who is the MD and CEO of National Payments Corporation of India(NPCI) ?Answer – Mr. Dilip Asbe
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification