AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 15 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Try August 2018 Quiz
- Try July 2018 Quiz
- Try June 2018 Quiz
Click Here to Read Current Affairs August 15 2018
- Which Union Minister inaugurated Smart City projects undertaken by the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC), in New Delhi, on 13th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Rajnath Singh
Projects inaugurated by Rajnath Singh include: Smart Poles, Solar Tree, Ideation Centre, 50 LED interactive screens, Ambedkar Vatika and 2 hi-tech nurseries, 4 mechanical road sweepers, 2 litter picking machines and 10 auto tippers. MTNL’s (Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited) hi-speed Broadband on Optical Fiber and Hi-Speed Wi-Fi were also launched in Connaught Place. New Delhi was one of the 20 cities included in the First Phase of the Smart City Mission in January 2016 announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Who has been appointed the brand ambassador for road safety campaign?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Akshay Kumar
On 14th August 2018, actor Akshay Kumar was appointed Road Safety Brand Ambassador. This announcement was made at an event in New Delhi. Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping, Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Nitin Gadkari launched three short films for creating public awareness on road safety. These films featured Akshay Kumar. The films were directed by R.Balki.
- The E-committee of the Supreme Court headed by _____ has launched 3 mobile applications for the benefit of litigants and lawyers, namely e-courts services, E-pay and NSTEP (National Service and Tracking of Electronic Processes)?
1.Justice M B Lokur
2.Justice Suresh Mathur
3.Justice Arun Prabhu
4.Justice Vijay Wandhakar
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Justice M B Lokur
These software have been developed on “open source technology” and thus has saved Rs 1,670 crore. The litigants and the lawyers would be able to file petitions in almost 17,000 district and ‘taluka’ courts in the country. e-pay would enable the litigants to pay court fees, costs imposed by courts, maintenance in matrimonial cases through digital means. The NSTEP would be connected to GPRS and the judges would be able to monitor any services being done by the court staff.
- Rythu Bima and Kanti Velugu schemes were launched on August 15, 2018, on the eve of 72nd Independence Day, in which state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Telengana
On August 15, 2018, on the eve of 72nd Independence Day, Telengana Chief Minister K. Chandrasekhar Rao launched two major schemes:
• Rythu Bima: insurance to farmers
• Kanti Velugu: free eye screening for all citizens.
- Governor of Manipur Dr. Najma A. Heptulla, inaugurated project “Development of North East Circuit: Imphal & Khongjom”, under which scheme of Ministry of Tourism?
3.Incredible North East
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Swadesh Darshan
On August 14, 2018, governor of Manipur Dr. Najma A. Heptulla, inaugurated project “Development of North East Circuit: Imphal & Khongjom” implemented under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme of Ministry of Tourism in Imphal, Manipur. It is the first project under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme being inaugurated in the country. The project under inauguration was sanctioned by the Ministry of Tourism in September 2015 for Rs.72.30 Crores. Under this project Ministry has carried out developmental works at a cost of Rs. 63.90 Crore.
- IDBI Bank has increased the marginal cost of funds based lending rate (MCLR) by up to what per cent for various tenors, with effect from 12th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.0.10 %
Tenors New Interest Rate (in %) Overnight 8 One month 8.25 Three months 8.45 Six Months 8.60 One year 8.85 Three years 8.90
- Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) has signed a loan agreement with which German bank for EUR 200 million?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.KfW Bank
On August 15, 2018, Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) inked a loan agreement with German bank KfW in Frankfurt for EUR 200 million. This would be used to finance clean energy projects in India. This is REC’s fourth line of credit under Indo-German development cooperation.
- As per ‘Ficci’s Economic Outlook Survey’, the Indian economy is expected to grow at ____ per cent in the current fiscal?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.7.4 %
On August 15, 2018, as per Ficci’s survey ‘Ficci’s Economic Outlook Survey’, the Indian economy is expected to grow at 7.4 per cent in the current fiscal. It projects that GDP will grow at 7.4 per cent for 2018-19, with a minimum and maximum range of 7.1 per cent and 7.5 per cent, respectively. The economic activity on the first quarter of the current fiscal would be 7.1 per cent. The study further said the median growth forecast for agriculture and allied activities has been put at 3 per cent for 2018-19. Industry and services sector are expected to grow by 6.9 per cent and 8.3 per cent, respectively in 2018-19.
- How many gallantry awards were conferred to Armed Forces Personnel and members of Paramilitary Forces, this year?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.131
Rifleman Aurangzeb has been honoured posthumously. He was abducted and killed by terrorists in Pulwama district of Jammu and Kashmir in June 2018. Also, Sepoy Vrahma Pal Singh has been conferred with Kirti Chakra posthumously. Also, Vayu Sena Medal (Gallantry) has been conferred on Group Captain Abhishek Sharma, Squadron Leader Vernon Desmond Keane and Sergeant Shashidhar P Prasad. The President has approved 131 Gallantry Awards to Armed Forces Personnel and members of Paramilitary Forces. This consists of: 1 Kirti Chakra, 20 Shaurya Chakras, three Bar to Sena Medals (Gallantry), 93 Sena Medals (Gallantry), 11 Nao Sena Medals (Gallantry) and three Vayu Sena Medals (Gallantry).
- President Ram Nath Kovind approved Nao Sena (Gallantary) medal for the 6 women crew members of Indian Naval Sailing Vessel (INSV) Tarini, who circumnavigated the globe. Name the captain of the crew?
1.Lt Cdr Vartika Joshi
2.Lt Cdr Pratibha Jamwal
3.Lt Cdr P Swathi
4.Lt Cdr Vijaya Devi
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Lt Cdr Vartika Joshi
Lt Cdr Vartika Joshi captained the 194-day mission. The mission started on 10th September 2017. Other crew members are: Lt Cdr Pratibha Jamwal, and Lts P Swathi, Vijaya Devi, B Aishwarya and Payal Gupta. Nao Sena Gallantary medals were also announced for marine Lt Cdr Anil Raina and Kunal Saini for anti-insurgency operations. The president also approved Shaurya Chakra for Capt P Rajkumar for his work during Cyclone Ockhi.
- Who was given the additional charge as Governor of Chhattisgarh, on 15th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Anandiben Patel
On 15th August 2018, Madhya Pardesh Governor Anandiben Patel was sworn in as Governor of Chhattisgarh. President Ram Nath Kovind gave Anandiben Patel the additional charge as Governor of Chhattisgarh following the death of Chhattisgarh governor Balramji Dass Tandon. Chhattisgarh High Court Chief Justice Ajay Kumar Tripathi administered the oath of office to Anandiben Patel. Anandiben Patel will perform additional duties as Chhattisgarh governor until regular arrangements for the office of the governor of Chhattisgarh are made.
- Who was appointed as the Ambassador to Russia, on 15th August 2018?
2.D Bala Venkatesh Varma
3.Mohammed Rasool Khan
4.Vijay Shekhar Varma
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.D Bala Venkatesh Varma
On August 15, 2018, D Bala Venkatesh Varma has been appointed as the Ambassador to Russia. He is currently serving as Indian envoy in Spain. He will succeed Pankaj Saran who has been appointed as the deputy National Security Advisor. Varma is a 1988 batch IFS officer.
- Who has assumed charge as Director (Pipelines) of Indian Oil Corp (IOC)?
4.Akshay Kumar Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Akshay Kumar Singh
Akshay Kumar Singh will be in charge of IOC’s 13,400-km network of crude oil, petroleum product and gas pipelines with a throughput capacity of 94.79 MTPA of oil and 9.5 million metric standard cubic metres per day of gas. IOC operates the world’s largest oil pipeline network. Akshay Kumar Singh is 57 years old. He joined GAIL in 1985. He was made Executive Director (Project) of GAIL in 2013. He has 32 years of experience in the petroleum and natural gas sector.
- Name the Managing Director of National Housing Bank (NHB) who has recently resigned from his post?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sriram Kalyanaraman
The government has accepted the resignation of National Housing Bank (NHB) Managing Director Sriram Kalyanaraman. Sriram Kalyanaraman was alleged for adopting unethical practices for sanctioning refinance facility to several housing finance companies. The Central Vigilance Commission (CVC) ordered an inquiry against him, few months back. Sriram Kalyanaraman was the first private sector candidate to be appointed as MD &CEO of NHB in 2015. He was appointed for a five-year term. Earlier, he was Director-Business Development at Equifax Credit Information Services Pvt Ltd.
- Manchester City midfielder David Silva announced his retirement from international football. Which country does he belong to?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Spain
On August 15, 2018, Manchester City midfielder 32 year old David Silva announced his retirement from international football. He is also known as “Spain’s Lionel Messi”.He was in the Spanish team which won the 2010 World Cup as well as the 2008 and 2010 European Championships. He made 125 appearances and scored 35 goals over 12 years. His final match was the penalty shootout defeat to Russia in the 2018 World Cup round of 16.
- Which team won their first Tamil Nadu Premier League 2018 title, at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai, on 12th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Madurai Panthers
On 12th August 2018, Madurai Panthers won their first Tamil Nadu Premier League 2018 title, at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. Madurai Panthers beat Dindigul Dragons by seven wickets in the final and won the 2018 Tamil Nadu Premier League title. Madurai Panthers’ Arun Karthik scored his sixth fifty of this season and remained the highest run scorer in the tournament. Dindigul Dragons scored 117 runs and all out in 19.5 overs. They lost to Madurai Panthers 119/3 in 17.1 overs by seven wickets.
- Chemmanam Chacko died on 15th August 2018, in Kakkanad, Kerala. What was his profession?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Poet
On August 15, 2018, noted Malayalam poet and Sahitya Akademi awardee 92 year old Chemmanam Chacko died in Kakkanad. He is survived by wife and two daughters. He is known for his satirical works on contemporary socio-political issues of Kerala through his poems. He taught Malayalam at schools and colleges, worked at Kerala University and then the Publication Department.
- India celebrated its _____ Independence Day on 15th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.72nd
India attained independence from the British rule on 15 August 1947. This day is celebrated as Independence Day, every year on August 15, in India. This day remembers and honours all those who fought and sacrificed their lives for the freedom of India. This year the Indian Navy was the coordinating service for Independence Day celebrations. The Guard of Honour was commanded by Commander PR Jagan Mohan of the Indian Navy. India’s first all-women SWAT team recently inducted by Delhi Police, provided security cover to the Red Fort in Delhi, for the Independence Day celebrations.
- JSW Group launched Inspire Institute of Sports (IIS) at _____ on 15th August 2018?
2.Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Vijaynagar, Karnataka
The Inspire Institute of Sport (IIS), claiming to be India’s first privately-funded High Performance Training Institute, was inaugurated in the presence of Olympic gold medallists Balbir Singh Sr. and Abhinav Bindra. The Institute aims to provide a world class training centre which can provide Indian athletes access to the most advanced infrastructure, coaching and sports science within the country. It is an initiative led by the JSW Group.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of Indian Oil Corp (IOC)?Answer – Sanjiv Singh
- Where is Indravati National Park located?Answer – Chhattisgarh
- Where is the headquarters of Rural Electrification Corporation (REC)?Answer – New Delhi
- Who is the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) of India?Answer – General Bipin Rawat
- When was the National Housing Bank (NHB) set up?Answer – 1988
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification