AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the Scheme, which is Scheme for Capacity Building In Textile Sector (SCBTS) to impart skill based training to workers signed by Ministry of textiles & 16 states in New Delhi .
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Samarth
On august 14,2019, Ministry of textiles and a total of 16 states from the country have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) at a function in New Delhi to take project Samarth– which is Scheme for Capacity Building In Textile Sector (SCBTS) to impart skill based training to workers. A total of 18 states were initially planned to partner with the textile ministry. But Odisha and Jammu & Kashmir were not present during the function.
- Who launched the 2nd Edition of Swaccha Survakshan Grameen, India’s largest sanitation survey, for 2019 in New Delhi ?
1) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
2) Hanuman Beniwal
3) Arjun Ram Meghwal
4) Bhairon Singh Shekhawat
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
On August 14, 2019, Jal Shakti Minister Shri Gajendra Singh Shekhawat launched the 2nd Edition of Swaccha Survakshan Grameen, India’s largest sanitation survey, for 2019 in New Delhi. Description: Under the Swachh Survekshan Grameen, districts and states will be ranked on data collected from citizen feedback, direct observation and service-level progress.Coverage: 45-day long survey will take place in 18 thousand villages of 698 districts.
- Name the Operation launched by Indian Railways’ Railway Protection Force (RPF) to check and verify unauthorised parking in the railway premises .
1) ‘Operation Parking in Railways’
2) ‘Operation Railways’
3) ‘Operation Parking’
4) ‘Operation Number Plate’
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) ‘Operation Number Plate’
Indian Railways’ Railway Protection Force (RPF) launched a drive named ‘Operation Number Plate’ under the direction of the Director General of RPF Shri Arun Kumar, to check and verify unauthorised parking in the railway premises.Unauthorized parking of unidentified vehicles are considered as a threat to the safety and security of passengers. Hence the Principal Chief Security Commissioners of RPF and all zonal Railways have been instructed to look into the threats related to security of Railways.
- Who inaugurated the New lighting system in the Parliament House ?
1) Amit Shah
2) Om Birla
3) Narendra Modi
4) Ram Nath Kovind
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Narendra Modi
On august 13, 2019, As many as 875 energy efficient LED(Light Emitting Diode) lights were installed in the parliament complex and dynamic Facade Lighting of the parliament House estate was inaugurated by the prime minister of India Shri Narendra Modi. These LED bulbs will illuminate lights throughout the year. These LED bulbs are capable of creating 16 million combinations of colours and uses only one-fifth of the electricity compared to other light types.
- By how much percent the paddy stubble burning declined in 2018 over 2016 level in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi-NCR ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 41%
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) Director General & Secretary of the Department of Agricultural Research & Education (DARE) under the Ministry of Agriculture , Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra highlighted that the paddy stubble burning declined by 41% in 2018 over 2016 level in Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Delhi-NCR. It was reduced with the help of a Rs 1,151.80 crore (2018-19 to 2019-20) Central Sector Scheme (CSS) on ‘Promotion of Agricultural Mechanization for In-Situ Management of Crop Residue’.
- Which city is set to host the 3-day Global Investors Summit 2019 on October 12, 2019?
1) Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir(J&K)
2) New Delhi, Delhi
3) Mumbai, Maharashtra
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir(J&K)
A 3-day Global Investors Summit 2019 starting from October 12, 2019, will be held in Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir(J&K) which will provide the state an opportunity to showcase its strengths, strategies, and potential.Global Investors Summit 2019.National Partner: The Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) will be the national partner for the investor’s summit, which has signed an MoU(Memorandum of understanding) with Jammu and Kashmir Trade Promotion Organisation (JKTPO).
- Which country has contributed $1 million to the UN Special Purpose Trust Fund (SPTF) to reform the United Nations (UN) Development system for the resident coordinator system ?
3) United States
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) India
India contributed $1 million to reform the United Nations (UN) Development system by contributing to the UN Special Purpose Trust Fund (SPTF) for the resident coordinator system. It is a specific fund established mainly to receive, consolidate, manage and account for all contributions and financial transactions in an efficient and transparent way. It is housed within the UN secretariat.SPTF web portal: The web portal displays in real-time all commitments,contributions and expenditures recorded for the fund.
- How much amount is set as minimum net worth for companies/banks for which Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will launch the sandbox as per its final draft ‘enabling framework for regulatory sandbox (RS)’ ?
1) Rs.40 lakh
2) Rs.30 lakh
3) Rs.25 lakh
4) Rs.20 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs.25 lakh
RBI will launch the sandbox for companies/banks that meet the criteria of the minimum net worth of Rs.25 lakh and the promoter/director of the entity should meet fit and proper framework.
- Who headed the high level steering committee on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), which has recommended to make CSR expenditure tax-deductible and that non-compliance of CSR norms ?
1) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
2) Injeti Srinivas
3) Nripendra Misra
4) Pramod Kumar Misra
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Injeti Srinivas
A high level steering committee on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) headed by Injeti Srinivas, Corporate Affairs Secretary has recommended to make CSR expenditure tax-deductible and that non-compliance of CSR norms be treated as a civil offence. The committee presented its recommendations to Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- Which company will be treated as one of the categories of NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies) & it will come under RBI’s supervision ?
1) Housing Finance Companies (HFCs)
2) Micro Finance Companies(MFCs)
3) Infrastructure Finance Companies(IFCs)
4) Industrial Finance Companies(IFCs)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Housing Finance Companies (HFCs)
On August 13, 2019, India’s central bank, the Reserve Bank of India(RBI) stated that, for regulatory purposes, Housing Finance Companies (HFCs) will be treated as one of the categories of NBFCs (Non-Banking Financial Companies) & it will come under RBI’s supervision.This comes after the Finance (No 2) Act, 2019 (23 of 2019) amended the National Housing Bank Act, 1987, granting certain powers to RBI for the regulation of HFCs.RBI will review the regulatory framework applicable to the HFCs & release a revised guideline for these companies. Till the time RBI issues fresh revised guideline, HFCs will continue to comply with the National Housing Bank’s(NHB) directions and instructions and submit various returns to it.
- Which bank has signed a bancassurance agreement with Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co Ltd (ABHICL) to provide Aditya Birla’s suite of insurance products to its customers ?
1) State Bank of India(SBI)
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Axis Bank
On August 13,2019,The 3rd -largest of the private-sector lender, Axis Bank has signed a bancassurance agreement with stand alone health insurer, Aditya Birla Health Insurance Co Ltd (ABHICL) to provide Aditya Birla’s suite of insurance products to its customers. Through this partnership, Aditya Birla will deepen the penetration of its product offers and enable more customers in Metro, Urban and Rural areas to access their risk solutions anytime, anywhere.
- Who is the highest paid bank chief executive in India for the FY19 ?
1) Sandeep Bakhshi
2) Uday Kotak
3) Aditya Puri
4) Amitabh Chaudhry
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Aditya Puri
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of HDFC Bank Aditya Puri, who led the bank since its inception 25 years ago, is the highest paid bank chief executive in India with a monthly basic salary of Rs 89 lakh in FY19. The data was compiled from annual reports. Perks and other privileges were not taken into account because these are treated differently by various banks.
- Which bank has signed an agreement to invest $23 million in non-convertible debentures(NCD) being issued by GRIL( GR Infraprojects Limited) for the construction of roads and highways in India?
1) International Bank for Reconstruction and Development(IBRD)
2) Asian Development Bank(ADB)
3) World Bank(WB)
4) International Monetary Fund(IMF)
5)None of theseAnswer – 2) Asian Development Bank(ADB)
In order to support road sector investment plans of the Indian government, Asian Development Bank(ADB) has signed an agreement to invest $23 million in non-convertible debentures(NCD) being issued by GRIL( GR Infraprojects Limited). This investment will promote the GRIL’s ability for the construction of roads and highways in India through the purchase of new building equipment & help execute its existing order book of $ 2.78 billion and enable it to bid for larger and more complex infrastructure projects.
- Which entity has signed MoU with Cochin International Airport Limited ( CIAL) for the commencement of Naval air operations ?
1) Naval Air Enclave (NAE)
2) Naval Air Entity (NAE)
3) Naval Air Agency(NAA)
4) Naval Air Aircraft(NAA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Naval Air Enclave (NAE)
On August 14,2019 the Naval Air Enclave (NAE) which is a naval aviation facility in Kochi, Kerala, and Cochin International Airport Limited ( CIAL) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for the commencement of Naval air operations from NAE in Nedumbassery, Kerala.The MoU was signed between NAE Officer-in-charge, Captain Satish Kumar S and CIAL airport director A.C.K Nair on behalf of both the organisations for safe and Secure military air operations.
- Who was conferred with the 2019 Prem Bhatia Award for his Outstanding Political Reporting with a career spanning over three decades ?
1) Sudhir Chaudhary
2) Ravish Kumar
3) Arnab Goswami
4) Rajdeep Sardesai
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rajdeep Sardes
On August 11, 2019 veteran journalist and consulting editor at India Today TV(television), Mr. Rajdeep Sardesai was awarded the 2019 Prem Bhatia Award for his Outstanding Political Reporting with a career spanning over three decades. This year the 2019 award for Environmental reporting was given to Down to Earth’s IshanKukreti and independent journalist Sharada Balasubramaniam. They both will be felicitated with 1.5Lakh each.
- Name the temple offering, which is the first to receive Geographical Identity (GI) tag .
1) ‘Ney Murukku’ of Tiruvarur temple
2) ’Special Pongal’ of Tirukkannapuram temple
3) ‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani Dandayuthaswamy temple
4) ‘Cooked Rice with Jeeraka’ of Madurai Chidambaram temple
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) ‘Panchamirtham’ of Palani temple
Geographical Identity (GI) tag was given to the famous Panchamritham, an offering of the Palani Dandayuthaswamy temple, in Tamil Nadu. It became the first temple offering – Prashad – from Tamil Nadu to be conferred this honour.Panchamirtham.Panchamritam (Five Nectars) of Palani temple is prepared using 5 sweet substances including plantains, jaggery, grapes, forest honey and ghee.The quality of the offering is monitored by the Central Research Institute of Food Technology in Mysore, Karnataka.
- How many police personnel were awarded with the Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation 2019? 1) 96
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 96
Union Home Minister’s Medal for Excellence in Investigation 2019 was conferred to 96 police personnel, including 15 Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) officers. The award was instituted in 2018 to promote high professional standards of investigation of crime and to recognize such excellence in investigation by officers.11 were from Maharashtra Police, 10 from Uttar Pradesh Police, 9 from Kerala Police, 8 from Madhya Pradesh Police, 6 from Delhi Police and Karnataka Police and the remaining were from the other States/Union territories and Central Investigating Agencies.13 women officers were among the 96 personnel.
- Who was appointed as one of the six members of the Asian Athletics Association’s (AAA) Athletes Commission for the second time on 13th August, 2019?
1) Humpy Koneru
2) P T Usha
3) Milkha Singh
4) Bula Choudhury
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) P T Usha
On August 13, 2019, Queen of Indian athletics, P T Usha (Pilavullakandi Thekkeparambil Usha) from Payyoli (Kerala) has appointed as one of the six members of the Asian Athletics Association’s (AAA) Athletes Commission, in recognition of her outstanding achievements at the continental stage. This is the 2nd time she has been appointed a member of the Commission.
- Name the app, which is set to be launched by the government of India to aid farmers in accessing cutting- edge technology at affordable prices .
1) Uber for tractors
2) Uber for agriculture
3) Uber for farmers
4) Uber for equipments
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Uber for tractors
The agricultural Ministry and the centre decided to launch a farm equipment rental app to aid farmers in accessing cutting- edge technology at affordable prices. Farmers can book and hire agricultural equipment and use them on rent basis. Through this initiative, small farmers will be able to make use of tools equipped with technology that are expensive to own.Uber for tractors’.The app is expected to be launched by the end of August 2019.The name ‘Uber for tractors’ was kept by the govt. keeping in mind the popular app ‘Uber’. Just like uber connects to cabs, this ‘uber for tractors’ will reach the grassroot level people and farmers.Trial run for the app was conducted in four states. They are Chattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Punjab.
- Who became the first woman in the world to make a “triple-double”( two flips and three twists in the air) floor exercise landing at the 2019 US(United States) Gymnastics Championships held at Kansas city, Missouri, US ?
1) Laurie Hernandez
2) Aly Raisman
3) Gabby Douglas
4) Simone Arianne Biles
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Simone Arianne Biles
22 year old American Artistic gymnast Simone Arianne Biles became the first woman in the world to make a “triple-double” floor exercise landing which is a finale featuring two flips and three twists at the 2019 US(United States) Gymnastics Championships held at Kansas city, Missouri, US.Simone Biles.The event was held from August 8-11.The triple double involves two flips and three twists in the air( only 2 men in the world have done the move successfully).Biles was part of the “final five” gold medal winning team at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Which country’s cricket association announced a new guidelines with the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) gender recognition policy to include transgender players to play cricket ?
4) New Zealand
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Australia
On august 8, 2019, cricket Australia took a revolutionary move announcing new guidelines with the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) gender recognition policy to include transgender players to play cricket. The transgender players willing to play for the state and national women’s team will have to undergo a test to verify testosterone level limit set out in the policy. The testosterone concentration should be less than 10 nanomoles per litre over at least for 12 months and players should demonstrate consistency in their elected gender on a daily basis.
- Gaby Lewis is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Cricket
Openers Gaby Lewis and Orla Prendergast’s partnership scored 112 runs making the highest partnership for any wicket for Ireland women in T20Is.
- Which country’s Women cricket team has made two records in the 2019 Netherlands Women’s Quadrangular series against the Netherlands and also became history by posting the highest T20 Internationals score ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ireland
Ireland women’s cricket team made two records in the 2019 Netherlands Women’s Quadrangular series against the Netherlands held at Sportpark Het Schootsveld cricket ground in Deventer, Netherlands from August 8-14, 2019. It made history by posting the highest T20Internationals score made by a team. They scored 213-4 from 20 overs. Other records: It is also the second highest T20I team score for Ireland(men or women) and 7th highest team score in T20I history.Irish Opener Gaby Lewis made her second ever T20I half-century with a total score of 71 runs from 41balls marking her highest T20I score.
- Arafat, whose real name is Ange Didier Huon from Ivory coast passed away recently, he was associated with which field ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Music
On August 12, 2019, Ivorian musician DJ Arafat (Real name: Ange Didier Huon), aged 33, passed away in a road crash at a hospital in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. Born on January 26, 1986 in Yopougon, Ivory coast, he had issued 11 albums, mainly of “coupe-decale” – a dance music form combining rapid percussion, choppy rhythms with hip hop-style vocals.He was named as the “Best Artist of the Year” at the Ivorian “Coupé-décalé” Awards in 2016 and 2017.He was the recipient of 2 WatsUp TV Africa Music Video Awards in the year 2016.
- What was the theme of the International Youth Day 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Youth Building Peace”
2) Theme – “Eradicating Poverty and Achieving Sustainable Consumption and Production”
3) Theme – “Transforming education”
4) Theme – “Safe Spaces for Youth”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – “Transforming education”
The International Youth Day was observed on August 12,2019 to recognize the efforts put in by the youth for the betterment of the society. The 2019 theme is “Transforming education”.
- On which date, Pakistan observed its Independence Day as Kashmir Solidarity : Day ?
1) August 13
2) August 14
3) August 12
4) August 11
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) August 14
On August 14, 2019, Pakistan observed its 73rd Independence Day as ‘Kashmir Solidarity Day’, after India revoked Article 370 of the Constitution. The Acting High Commissioner of Pakistan Syed Haider Shah read out the message of Pakistan President Arif Alvi and Prime Minister Imran Khan, hosted on the Chancery’s lawns, by hoisting the Pakistani flag to the tune of its national anthem.Pakistan has announced to celebrate August 15 – India’s Independence Day – as “Black Day”.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the head quarter of Asian Athletics Association(AAA) located ?Answer – Bangkok, Thailand
- Who is the President of Asian Development Bank(ADB) ?Answer – Takehiko Nakao
- What is the tagline of HDFC Bank ?Answer – We understand your world
- Who is the MD & CEO of AXIS bank ?Answer – Amitabh Chaudhry
- Wular lake is located in which State/UT ?Answer – Jammu and Kashmir