AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs August 13 2019
- Children above which age have to wear headgear of prescribed standards as per the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) act 2019 ?
1) 5 years
2) 4 years
3) 6 years
4) 10 years
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 4 years
The govt. has made a significant move on safety measures by making it mandatory for children above 4 years of age to wear a headgear of prescribed standards. This safety measures for the children has been included in the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) act 2019 which was passed by the government recently. Violators will be fined an amount of Rs.1000.
- How much percent of India’s skilled youth are jobless as per the Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) 2017-18, conducted by the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 33%
An analysis of the unit-level data from the Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) 2017-18, conducted by the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO), found that 33% of India’s skilled youth are jobless. 4 out of 10 youth who received vocational training are out of the labour force. Nearly a third of trained young men and more than a third of trained young women were unemployed.
- Who launched the fifth edition of annual cleanliness survey, Swachh Survekshan 2020 (SS 2020) which is to be conducted from January 2020 ?
1) Prakash Javadekar
2) Narendra Singh Tomar
3) Hardeep Singh Puri
4) Satya Pal Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Hardeep Singh Puri
The Minister of State (Independent charge) for housing and urban affairs Shri Hardeep SinghPuri launched the fifth edition of annual cleanliness survey, Swachh Survekshan 2020 (SS 2020) which is to be conducted from January 2020.
- Name the app launched to track waste collection by Urban Local Bodies(ULB) through vehicle monitoring, notification to citizens, etc.
1) Swachh Nagar
2) Swachh Survekshan app
3) PLUS app
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Swachh Nagar
Swachh Nagar app launched to track waste collection by Urban Local Bodies(ULB) through vehicle monitoring, notification to citizens, etc.
- Under which act, individuals can be declared as terrorists and their properties can be seized ?
1) Prevention of Terrorism & Unlawful Activities Act, 2019
2) Unlawful Activities on Terrorism Amendment Act, 2019
3) Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Act, 2019
4) Prevention of Terrorism Amendment Act, 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment Act, 2019
On August 8, 2019, President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind approved the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Amendment (UAPA) Bill, 2019 under which individuals can be declared as terrorists, their properties can be seized and travel ban can be imposed once they are declared as terrorists. Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) founder Hafiz Saeed and Jaish-e-Mohammad chief Masood Azhar are likely to be the first 2 individuals to be designated as terrorists.
- Name the mission launched by Indian Army post revocation of Article 370 in Jammu Division to ensure basic necessities and essential services are available in the region.
1) Mission Enduring Freedom
2) Mission Reach Out
3) Mission Raahat
4) Mission Restore Hope
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mission Reach Out
On August 10, 2019, The Indian Army has launched a “Mission Reach Out” post revocation of Article 370 in Jammu Division to ensure basic necessities and essential services are available in the region.Mission Reach Out: Under this mission, Army has undertaken many initiatives which includes, providing water in locations where supply is disrupted and mobile medical care units with essential medicines, giving essentials including rations, assistance in transportation of patients to hospitals, facilitating people to speak to their near and dear ones through Army exchange and creating a safe environment for ATMs, banks and hospitals to function.
- Who lead the high-power Indian delegation to explore the opportunities for enhancing trade and investment to Vladivostok, Russia ?
1) Nirmala Sitharaman
2) Nitin Gadkari
3) Suresh Prabhu
4) Piyush Goyal
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Piyush Goyal
Commerce and Industry Minister, Mr Piyush Goyal led a high-power delegation to explore the opportunities for enhancing trade and investment from India to the Far East region of Russia at Vladivostok, Russia from August 11-13, 2019.
- Which country is set to host the 5th edition of the Eastern Economic Forum ?
1) Vladivostok, Russia
2) Geneva, Switzerland
3) Berlin, Germany
4) Paris, France
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Vladivostok, Russia
5th edition of the Eastern Economic Forum in Vladivostok, Russia in September, 2019 where PM Narendra Modi will be the guest of honour.
- Which year is set as a target by India & Russia to achieve the bilateral trade worth $30 billion between them?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2025
Russia’s Deputy Prime Minister, Yuri Trutnev and Commerce Minister of India Piyush Goyal underlined the need to diversify and deepen trade links in priority sectors, in order to meet the trade target of $30 billion by 2025. In 2018-19, the bilateral trade between the countries stood at $8.3 billion.
- Which country’s Kajin Sara lake(5200 metre) is set to become world’s highest lake surpassing Tilicho lake(4,919 metre)?
3) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Nepal
A newly discovered Kajin Sara lake in Manang district of Nepal is all set to record the world’s highest lake. It will replace the Tilicho lake, which is the current world’s highest lake situated at an altitude of 4,919 metres in Nepal(also in Manang) measures 4 km long, 1.2 km wide and around 200 metres deep. The lake called Singar locally, located at an altitude of 5,200 metres. But this measurement is yet to be officially verified. It is estimated to be 1,500-metre-long and 600-meter-wide.
- Which bank becomes the second bank to link its home loan product to RBI’s (Reserve Bank of India (RBI)repo rate after State Bank of India(SBI) ?
1) Union Bank of India(UBI)
2) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
3) Bank of India(BoI)
4) Punjab National Bank(PNB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bank of Baroda (BoB)
On August 11, 2019, Indian multinational, public sector bank, Bank of Baroda (BoB) has linked its home loan product to RBI’s (Reserve Bank of India (RBI)repo rate after State Bank of India (SBI). With this, home loans at BOB will be available at repo rate linked interest rate starting at 8.35%, thus passing on the further benefit of 10 basis points to the present MCLR rated pricing.Presently, the MCLR linked home loan product is available starting at 8.45%, which had come into effect on 7th August 2019 after the MCLR was reduced by 15 basis points(bps).
- Name the insurance company which has partnered with Oyo Hotels and Homes to provide a complimentary insurance cover as part of the booking price for guests at its hotels across India.
1) ACKO General Insurance Company
2) ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
3) IFFCO Tokio General Insurance Company
4) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) ACKO General Insurance Company
On August 12, 2019, Budget hotel chain Oyo Hotels and Homes has partnered with ACKO General Insurance to provide a complimentary insurance cover as part of the booking price for guests at its hotels across India. The visitors will get insurance protection against accidental death, baggage damage, accidental medical expenses amongst other benefits like OPD (Outpatient Department)treatment, etc during their stay.
Category Insurance coverage Accidental death upto Rs 10,00,000 Baggage Damage up to Rs 10,000 Accidental medical expenses upto Rs 25,000
- Name the MIG police station in-charge in Indore(MP), who will be conferred with the National Award on January 26, 2020, in New Delhi for his excellent services at the national level .
1) K. Vijay Kumar
2) Rakesh Maria
3) Indresh Tripathi
4) Vinod Chaubey
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indresh Tripathi
Indresh Tripathi, a MIG police station in-charge in Indore(Madhya Pradesh) will be conferred with the National Award on January 26, 2020, in New Delhi by the central Government for his excellent services at the national level.Tripathi already praised by the Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Kamal Nath for finding a girl who went missing from her home.
- Name the first Indian chef, who was awarded with ‘Chevalier de l’Ordre du Mrite Agricoleto’ (Order of Agricultural Merit) in New Delhi .
1) Vikas Khanna
2) Ranveer Brar
3) Sanjeev Kapoor
4) Priyam Chatterjee
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Priyam Chatterjee
On August 13, 2019, The government of France conferred the Indian Chef Priyam Chatterjee(30) with ‘Chevalier de l’Ordre du Mrite Agricoleto’ (Order of Agricultural Merit) in New Delhi. With this distinction, Chatterjee becomes the 1st Indian from Kolkata (West Bengal) to receive this honour, in recognition of his great contribution towards reinventing the gastronomic scene in India. French Ambassador to India Alexandre Ziegler conferred Indian chef Chatterjee, who is currently the head chef at Jaan Restaurant Yacht in France, before that he was the head chef of Rooh, and Qla, in Mehrauli(France).
- Who was elected as the 51st President of Guatemala ?
1) Mario Estrada
2) Alejandro Eduardo GiammatteiFalla
3) Sandra Torres
4) Zury Ríos
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Alejandro Eduardo GiammatteiFalla
On August 11, 2019, Conservative Alejandro Eduardo GiammatteiFalla was elected as Guatemala’s 51st President defeating Sandra Torres, Former first lady(spouse of Alvaro Colom- 47th Guatemala president) by gaining more than 58% of the votes. Giammattei succeeds outgoing corruption tainted president Jimmy Morales (50th president of Guatemala). Morales will be leaving office in 2020 in the month of January.Giammattei, a 63 year old doctor and former prison chief was defeated in three previous presidential elections.
- Name the first Indian judge, who was appointed to the Supreme Court of Fiji recently.
1) Madan Lokur
2) Arjan Kumar Sikri
3) Altamas Kabir
4) Ashok Bhushan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Madan Lokur
On August 12, 2019, the president of Fiji Major.General(Retd) Jioji Konrote has appointed Justice Madan Lokur from India as the new Supreme Court (SC) judge of Fiji.Madan Lokur sworn in as Fiji’s SC judge. He will serve as the judge of the non resident panel of the Supreme Court of Fiji.The swearing in ceremony was conducted and the oath was administered by president of Fiji in presence of Chief Justice Kamal Kumar and others.This is the first time ever an Indian has been appointed to the Supreme Court of another country.
- Which entity launched the fifth Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) for the Indian Coast Guard(ICG) ?
1) Goa Shipyard(GS)
2) Bharat Earth Movers Limited(BEML)
3) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE)
4) Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders(MDS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE)
On August 10,2019 the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) which is a premier warship builder based at Kolkata, launched the fifth Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) for the Indian Coast Guard(ICG). The miniratna Category 1 PSU( Public Sector Unit), GRSE, launched the FPV at its Rajan Bagan Dockyard unit, Kolkata.
- What is the name of the fifth Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV), which is launched by the Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) for the Indian Coast Guard(ICG) ?
4) Kanaklata Barua
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kanaklata Barua
Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) which is a premier warship builder based at Kolkata, launched the fifth Fast Patrol Vessel (FPV) for the Indian Coast Guard(ICG). The ship is the last series of the five FPVs built by GRSE.It is to be Commissioned as Kanaklata Barua, named after a freedom fighter from Assam.The first ship of FPV class is ICGS (Indian Coast Guard Ship) Priyadarshini that was commissioned on March 27, 2019.
- Where will the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 to be held ?
1) Paris, France
2) Birmingham, England
3) London, United Kingdom
4) Berlin, Germany
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Birmingham, England
The Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 which is to be held in Birmingham, England will be the first major multi-sport event to give additional spot to women’s medal thus making more Women’s medal than men’s medal.
- Which of the following sports are to be included in the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022?
1) Women’s T20 (twenty-twenty) cricket
2) Beach volleyball
3) Para-table tennis
4) All the above
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) All the above
The three newly added sports are Women’s T20 (twenty-twenty) cricket. beach volleyball and Para-table tennis.Birmingham will also have the largest Commonwealth Para-table programme. There are a total of 7 mixed events with the additional confirmed programme.
- Which sport is excluded from the Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2022 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Shooting
Commonwealth Games Chief Louise Martin announced that Shooting will not be part of the 2022 CWG even despite India’s threat of boycotting the entire event in form of protest.
- Who became the first Indian woman to win the FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme) Bajas World cup 2019 in Varpalota, Hungary ?
1) Neha Dabas
2) Mira Erda
4) Alisha Abdullah
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) AishwaryaPissay
23 year old Indian motorsport rider, AishwaryaPissay from Bengaluru became the first woman from India as well as the first Indian to win the FIM (Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme) Bajas World cup with a tally of 65 points. The final round of the championship was held at Varpalota, Hungary. She was the only one to compete all the four rounds over her rivals and represented TVS (Thirukkurungudi vengaram Sundaram) motors.
- Where was the Under-19 Tri-Series 2019(India, Bangladesh and England) held ?
1) Sylhet, Bangladesh
2) Hove, United Kingdom (UK)
3) New Delhi, India
4) Dhaka, Bangladesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Hove, United Kingdom (UK)
India’s U-19 cricket team defeated Bangladesh in finals by 6 wickets at the County Ground, Hove in United Kingdom (UK) and clinched the Under-19 Tri-Series 2019 Title. Tri-nation series between India, Bangladesh and England was held from July 21-August 11, 2019 in England. Bangladesh had scored 261 runs, all out in 50 overs and India reached the target and scored 264 runs for 4 wickets in 48.4 overs.The captain of Indian U-19 team was Priyam Garg and of U-19 Bangladesh team was Akbar Ali.
- Name the Indian woman wrestler, who won silver medal in Medved event 2019 in Minsk, Belarus .
1) Sakshi Malik
2) Babita Kumari Phogat
3) Geeta Phogat
4) Vinesh Phogat
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Vinesh Phogat
On August 11, 2019, Indian woman wrestler Vinesh Phogat (53kg), aged 24, settled for silver in the final of the Medved event 2019 in Minsk, Belarus. She suffered a 0-10 (technical superiority) defeat against N Malisheva of Russia. She had won 3 consecutive gold medals at the Grand Prix of Spain, Yasar Dogu International and Poland Open in 2019.
- Who won the men’s doubles 40-plus title in 2019 Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Senior Championships, officially YONEX BWF World Senior Badminton Championships Katowice 2019 ?
1) Ajith Haridas and Vijay Lancy
2) Ajith Haridas and Parupalli Kashyap
3) Parupalli Kashyap and Srikanth Kidambi
4) Srikanth Kidambi and Vijay Lancy
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ajith Haridas and Vijay Lancy
In the 2019 Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Senior Championships, officially YONEX BWF World Senior Badminton Championships Katowice 2019, Ajith Haridas and Vijay Lancy of India won the men’s doubles 40-plus title by defeating Danish pair of Esben Kaempegaard and Morten Rasmussen by 19-21, 21-17, 21-19. The 9th Edition of BWF World Senior Badminton Championship 2019 was held from August 4-11, 2019 at Spodek, Katowice, Poland. The duo are members of the Madras Cricket Club, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Who topped in the recently released ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) rankings ?
1) Roger Federer
2) Dominic Thiem
3) Rafael Nadal
4) Novak Djokovic
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Novak Djokovic
According to the recently released ATP (Association of Tennis Professionals) rankings as of August 12, 2019, Serbian professional tennis player, Novak Djokovic remains stays at the top position by collecting 12,325 points in the list, a huge lead over the 2nd placed Rafael Nadal on 7,945 points. The top five players in the latest ATP rankings:
Rank Player Points 1 Novak Djokovic, Serbia 12,325 2 Rafael Nadal, Spain 7,945 3 Roger Federer, Switzerland 7,460 4 Dominic Thiem, Austria 4,925 5 Kei Nishikori, Japan 4,040
- Wesley Sneijder announced retirement recently, he is associated with which sport ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Football
On August 13, 2019, Former Real Madrid professional footballer, Wesley Sneijder (35) of Netherlands has announced his retirement from football after arranging a business deal with Dutch football club FC Utrecht.
- Name the former Additional Solicitor General (ASG) and senior advocate of India, who passed away recently .
1) K.M. Nataraj
3) Atmaram Nadkarni
4) Vikramjit Banerjee
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) AmarendraSharan
On August 12, 2019, former Additional Solicitor General (ASG) and senior advocate AmarendraSharan passed away at the age of 69 due to heart attack in Rishikesh, Uttarakhand.He is survived by his wife, two daughters and a son.Sharan served as ASG in the supreme court during UPA-I (United Progressive Alliance) regime from 2004-2009. He also served as special counsel for CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) in coal block allocation scam case.
- Dorothy Olsen, who participated in world war II passed away recently, she was a ________ .
4) Social Activist
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Pilot
On July 23, 2019, A member of a group of civilian volunteers who flew planes during World War II, Dorothy Eleanor Olsen, aged 103, passed away in University Place, Washington, United States. Born on July 10, 1916 in Woodburn, Oregon, US, she flew about 60 missions as part of the 6th Ferry Group of the Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASP). She was the recipient of Congressional Gold Medal in 2010.
- Who authored the book on the life of actor Sridevi titled “Sridevi: Girl Woman Superstar” ?
1) R.K. Narayan
2) Salman Rushdie
3) Chetan Bhagat
4) Satyarth Nayak
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Satyarth Nayak
On August 13, 2019, Penguin Random House India has announced a book on the life of the actor, Sridevi titled “Sridevi: Girl Woman Superstar” on her 56th birth anniversary. The book is written by author-screenwriter Satyarth Nayak.Sridevi -Girl Woman Superstar.The book recalled the life and times(in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada cinema) of the legendary actor Sridevi will be published under the Ebury Press imprint of Penguin Random House. It is expected to release on August 29, 2019.The book also talks about her innings after her big-screen comeback in 2012 with “English Vinglish” film.
- World organ donation day observed on __________ .
1) August 12
2) August 11
3) August 13
4) August 10
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) August 13
The organ donation day is observed every year on August 13 to create awareness about organ donation. Aim: To motivate people to donate organs thus saving lives after their death. According to the National Health Portal, there are nearly 5Lakh people dying due to lack of available organs.Spain has the highest donor rate in the world at 46.9million people followed by Portugal at 34 million as of 2017.
- On which date, International Left-Handers Day was observed to promote awareness of the inconveniences faced by left-handers ?
1) August 12
2) August 11
3) August 10
4) August 13
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) August 13
International Left-Handers Day was observed on August 13, 2019. The objective of this day is to promote awareness of the inconveniences faced by left-handers in a predominantly right-handed world.International Left-Handers Day.13 August was designated as the International Lefthanders Day by The Left-Handers Club &It was first observed on the 13th of August, in 1976.Only 10% of the world’s population is left-handed and this has remained roughly the case for thousands of years. Men are also more likely to be left-handed.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the President of Badminton World Federation (BWF) ?Answer – Poul-Erik Høyer
- Under which ministry, National Sample Survey Office (NSSO) works ?Answer – Ministry of Statistics of the Government of India
- What is the tagline of Bank of Baroda (BoB) ?Answer – India’s International Bank
- Who is the Chairman of State Bank of India(SBI) ?Answer – Rajnish Kumar
- What is the Capital and Currency of France ?Answer – Capital: Paris & Currencies: Euro, CFP franc
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification