AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 13 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Which city has topped the ‘Ease of Living Index 2018’ released by Housing and Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri, on 13th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Pune
Rank City 1 Pune 2 Navi Mumbai 3 Greater Mumbai 4 Tirupati 5 Chandigarh 6 Thane 7 Raipur 8 Indore 9 Vijaywada 10 Bhopal
- Which ministry has approved the proposal for setting up of water aerodromes in India to enhance air connectivity through amphibian planes?
1.Civil Aviation Ministry
4.External Affairs Ministry
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Civil Aviation Ministry
On August 13, 2018, the Civil Aviation Ministry has approved a proposal for setting up of water aerodromes in the country. To enhance air connectivity through amphibian planes. In the first phase the places chosen for the development of such facilities are: Chilika Lake in Odisha, Sardar Sarovar Dam and Sabarmati River Front in Gujarat. Under the proposal, water aerodrome would be set up near locations of tourist and religious importance.
- The National Green Tribunal has formed a committee to monitor consistency of the sub-regional plans for protection of Natural Conservation Zones (NCZs). Which is the nodal agency of the committee?
1.Ministry Agriculture and Farmers Welfare
2.Ministry of Environment and Forests
3.National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development (NABARD)
4.Minsitry of Science and Technology
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Ministry of Environment and Forests
The committee will comprise
• Secretary, Ministry of Environment and Forests,
• Secretary, Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs,
• Chairman, Central Pollution Control Board,
• National Remote Sensing Centre,
• Indian Space Research Organisation and
• secretaries of Urban Development Departments of Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Haryana and Delhi.
Each participating state would submit a report within one month. The secretaries of Urban Development Departments of the states will be responsible for submitting the sub-regional plans.
- On August 13, 2018, Union minister of science and technology Harsh Vardhan inaugurated National Wildlife Genetic Resource Bank (NWGRB), which is India’s only lab for conservation of endangered species, in which city?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Hyderabad
On August 13, 2018, Union minister of science and technology Harsh Vardhan inaugurated and dedicated first scientific and most modern national wildlife genetic resource bank for conservation of Endangered Species at Hyderabad. It will be a part of Laboratory for the Conservation of Endangered Species (LaCON ES), a research wing of the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology (CCMB). It contains genetic resources of about 250 wildlife species. Presently it holds genetic material like DNA/RNA, cell lines, blood, semen, eggs and tissues of 23 endangered animals from India including Tiger, Lion, Thamin, Hyena, Wild Dog and Wild Ass.
- Which state government has started a ‘Tatkal sewa’ for property registration across the state?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Punjab
On August 13, 2018, the Punjab government started a ‘Tatkal sewa’ for property registration across the state. Under this, people can seek appointment for ‘tatkal’ (instant) registration for properties for an hour-long slot from 9 am to 10 am. The facilitation charges for the service would be Rs. 5000. 20 additional dedicated sub-registrars had been deputed at Ludhiana (East), Jalandhar, Amritsar, Patiala, Kharar and some more districts.
- Which state has become the first in India to provide Right to Skills’ Development to the youth?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh has become the first state in India to provide Right to Skills’ Development to the youth. This was said by Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh after he flagged off 15 Skill Chariots to launch the government’s’Skills on Wheels’ project in Chhattisgarh. The chariots are aimed to spread awareness about the project. They will tour 13 districts in the first phase and the remaining 14 districts in the second phase.
- Which state/Union Territory Police has inducted India’s first all-woman Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team for anti-terrorist operations?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Delhi
On 10th August 2018, Delhi Police has inducted India’s first all-woman Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) team for anti-terrorist operations. The all-woman SWAT team was formally inducted by Home Minister Rajnath Singh. The team has undergone training for nearly 15 months. The team consists of 36 women commandos from the northeastern states. 13 of the members are from Assam. Remaining members are from Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim and Manipur.
- Which will be the first city in North India to get a full-fledged Space Technology Research Centre?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Jammu
On August 13, 2018, the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh announced that Jammu will be the first city in North India to get a full-fledged Space Technology Research Centre. It would be devoted to research, academics and post-graduation study and would be under Central University Jammu. Another Space Technology Research Centre will be set up in Agartala, Tripura in the Northeast. It would work under National Institute of Technology (NIT) Agartala.
- Which railway station has emerged as the cleanest railway station in the A1 category, in the ‘Swach Rail’ ranking announced on 13th August 2018?
4.Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Cleanest Railway Station (A1 category) Rank Railway Station 1 Jodhpur (Rajasthan) 2 Jaipur (Rajasthan) 3 Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh) Cleanest Railway Station (A category) 1 Marwar (Rajasthan) 2 Phulera (Rajasthan) 3 Warangal (Telangana) Cleanest Zone 1 North Western Railway 2 South Central Railway 3 East Coast Railway
- Which entity has been ranked as India’s most patriotic brand, according to a survey conducted by YouGov, a UK-based online market research and data analytics firm?
2.State Bank of India
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.State Bank of India
The results as per the sectors are as follows:
• Financial Sector: SBI , LIC.
• Auto sector: Tata Motors, Bharat Petroleum, Maritu Suzuki.
• Food sector: Amul.
• Personal care: Patanjali.
• Oral Care: Colgate, Dabur , Vicco.
• Telecom sector: BSNL, Reliance Jio.
• Homecare products: Nirma.
• Beverages category: Tata Tea, Taj Mahal.
The Over-all list of the ‘Most Patriotic brand’:
2 TATA Motors
4 Reliance Jio
- Who was awarded the Hindu Playwright Award 2018 for the play Untitled-1, at the 14th edition of The Hindu Theatre Fest in Chennai, on 9th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Annie Zaidi
Annie Zaidi was presented the award by Ratna Pathak Shah, actor and director. The award was given for the best new unpublished and unperformed playscript in English. The award carried a cash prize of Rs 2 lakh. The winner was chosen by a panel of 3 judges: Ramu Ramanthan, Shernaz Patel and Parvathi Nayar. Yes Bank was the Title Sponsor for the fest. Other event partners were: Girias, Fever FM, UBER, Zebronics, Taj Coromandel and Evam. The Hindu Theatre Fest was held from 10th August to 12th August 2018 in Chennai.
- Who was appointed as the 30th new Chief Justice of Orissa High Court (HC), on 13th August 2018?
1.Justice Hemlatha Subramaniam
2.Justice Kalpesh Satyendra Jhaveri
3.Justice Sudeep Dayal
4.Justice Sonal Doomra
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Justice Kalpesh Satyendra Jhaveri
On August 13, 2018, Justice Kalpesh Satyendra Jhaveri has been appointed as the 30th new Chief Justice of Orissa High Court (HC). He will succeed Chief Justice Vineet Saran, who has been elevated to the Supreme Court. He has earlier been a Gujarat HC Judge and a Rajasthan HC judge. He obtained BSc and LLB degree from Gujarat Univeristy had started his career as lawyer at Gujarat HC in 1983. He was elected as Joint Secretary in 1984 and General Secretary of Gujarat High Court Advocates’ Association in 1988.
- Who was appointed the Chairperson of Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL), on 13th August 2018?
1.Justice Manjula Chellur
2.Justice Majid Khan
3.Justice Manish Sharma
4.Justice Apoorva Reddy
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Justice Manjula Chellur
On August 13, 2018, Justice Manjula Chellur has been appointed as Chairperson of Appellate Tribunal for Electricity (APTEL) by the power ministry. Prior to this, she was Chief Justice of Bombay High Court. She was the first woman Chief Justice of Calcutta High Court. She has served as the Chief Justice of Kerala High Court and the first female judge of the Karnataka High Court.
- Who was appointed the vice president of the newly formed South West Asian Football Federation (SWAFF), on 12th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.Subrata Dutta
On 12th August 2018, All India Football Federation (AIFF) senior vice president Subrata Dutta was elected as a vice president of the newly formed South West Asian Football Federation (SWAFF). Subrata Dutta was elected as vice president of SWAFF at the General Assembly of SWAFF in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. He has been elected for a period of 4 years. The President of SWAFF is Dr. Adel Ezzat. He is also, the President and Chairman of Saudi Arabian Football Federation. SWAFF consists of 10 member countries: India, Maldives, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain, Bangladesh, Kuwait, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Yemen.
- The lander on the Chandrayaan-2 mission, which is scheduled to be launched in 2019, will be named as _____?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Vikram
On August 13, 2018, the Space Commission has approved ISRO’s proposal of naming the Chandrayaan-2 lander ‘Vikram’ after Vikram Sarabhai, the father of Indian space programme. Apart from this, as part of the centenary celebrations of Vikram Sarabhai next year, It has planned a series of lectures at the national and international level. An international innovation award named after Sarabhai has been approved worth Rs.50 crore. ISRO would set up Sarabhai chairs at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Cambridge University and Gujarat University.
- Which tennis player won the Toronto Masters title on 11th August 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Rafael Nadal
On 11th August 2018, Rafael Nadal won the Toronto Masters title, in Toronto, Canada. Rafael Nadal defeated Stefanos Tsitsipas 6-2, 7-6 (7/4) in the final and won the Toronto Masters title. Through this win Rafael Nadal has gained a record-extending 33rd trophy at the elite Masters level and his 80th title. Rafael Nadal currently leads the all-time list of Masters 1000 titles on 32. Earlier, he has won the Canadian title in 2005, 2008 and 2013.
- Which cricketer has become the first player to take 100 wickets at Lord’s?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.James Anderson
On 12th August 2018, English cricketer James Anderson became the first player to take 100 wickets at Lord’s. James Anderson achieved this feat during the fourth day of the second Test against India. He took the wicket of Murali Vijay in the second over of India’s second innings to achieve this feat. Also, this was his 550th Test wicket. Overall, James Anderson is the second bowler to take 100 wickets at a single venue after Sri Lanka’s Muttiah Muralitharan, who has taken more than 100 wickets at 3 separate venues in Test matches.
- Name the Indian golfer who has become the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour, as he won his first title on the Asian Tour at Take Solutions Masters in Bengaluru?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Viraj Madappa
On 12th August 2018, Indian golfer Viraj Madappa became the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour, as he won his first title on the Asian Tour at Take Solutions Masters in Bengaluru. Viraj Madappa scored a total of 16-under 268 at the Asian Tour event. He is 20 years old and has become the youngest Indian to win on the Asian Tour. Earlier this record was held by Gaganjeet Bhullar, who won the Indonesia Invitational, when he was 21 years and three months. Viraj Madappa is also the first rookie and youngest player to win on the continental Tour this season.
- Who won the men’s singles title in the 2018 Vietnam Open held in Vietnam, from 7th to 12th August 2018?
2.Shesar Hiren Rhustavito
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Shesar Hiren Rhustavito
Event Winner Runner-Up Men’s Singles Shesar Hiren Rhustavito (Indonesia) Ajay Jayaram (India) Women’s Singles Yeo Jia Min (Singapore) Han Yue (China) Men’s Doubles Ko Sung-hyun, Shin Baek-cheol (South Korea) Lee Sheng-mu, Yang Po-hsuan (Chinese Taipei) Women’s Doubles Misato Aratama, Akane Watanabe (Japan) Nami Matsuyama, Japan Chiharu Shida (Japan) Mixed Doubles Nipitphon Phuangphuapet, Savitree Amitrapai (Thailand) Alfian Eko Prasetya, Marsheilla Gischa Islami (Indonesia)
- Somnath Chatterjee died following multiple organ failure, in Kolkata, on 13th August 2018. He was a former ____?
1.Chief Justice of India
2.Speaker of the Lok Sabha
3.Governor of Bengal
4.Presisent of BCCI
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Speaker of the Lok Sabha
On 13th August 2018, former Speaker of the Lok Sabha and 10 time MP, Somnath Chatterjee died following multiple organ failure, in Kolkata. Somnath Chatterjee was 89 years old. He was a barrister by profession. He was the first and the last communist leader to be elected as Speaker of the Lok Sabha. He held that position from 2004 to 2009. He was central committee member of CPI(M) from 1998 to 2008. He was also the leader of CPI(M) in the Parliament from 1989 to 2004.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chairman of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)?Answer – K. Sivan
- Where is Indravati National Park located?Answer – Chhattisgarh
- Who is the President of Badminton Association of India?Answer –Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Where is Dhyan Chand National Stadium located?Answer – Delhi
- Who is the President of All India Football Federation (AIFF)?Answer – Praful M Patel