Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Organ Donation Day is being celebrated every year on which date to motivate human beings to donate the organs as well as to understand the value of organ donation?
D.15th AugustAnswer – B.13th August
Organ Donation Day is celebrated every year on 13th of August. With the objective to motivate normal human beings to donate the organs as well as to understand the value of organ donation in the life of an individual.
- Hanif Mohammad of Pakistan sportsman has passed away at the age of 81 years due to cancer and respiratory problems. He belonged to which sport?
D.None of the AboveAnswer – B.Cricket
Hanif Mohammad, Legendary former Pakistan batsman died at the age of 81 after a battle against cancer and respiratory problems.
- Who has clinched the first position in the category of Women’s Champions in 2016 Australian Open Squash?
D.Deepika KamrakarAnswer – A.Dipika Pallikal
Qatar’s seed Abdulla Mohd Al Tamimi and Indian squash queen Dipika Pallikal are the 2016 Australian Open, Men’s and Women’s crowned champions after they won the title clashes at the Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre in Australia.
- Supreme Court of India has allowed the sale of diesel cars and SUVs with engine capacity of 2,000 cc or more in which city?
D.MysoreAnswer – C.Delhi
Supreme Court (SC) allowed the sale of diesel cars and SUVs with engine capacity of 2,000cc or more in Delhi and the national capital region (NCR) on payment of 1% ex-showroom cost as environment levy.
- National Centre for Cell Science has succeeded in isolating Cancer stem cells that cause which cancer published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology?
D.KidneyAnswer – C.Skin
A team of Scientists from the Pune-based National Centre for Cell Science (NCCS) has succeeded in isolating cancer stem cells that cause skin cancer. The study results were published in the Journal of Investigative Dermatology.
- Which institute has bagged the 5 medals for Young Scientists award for the year 2015 by the Indian National Science Academy?
A.Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
B.Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
C.Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
D.Indian School of Mines, DehradunAnswer – C.Indian Insitute of Science, Bengaluru
Bangalore based Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has bagged the 5 Medals for Young Scientists award 2016.It was awarded by the Indian National Science Academy (INSA).
- Which city to hold the Indian Film Festival 2016 in Australia to showcase the Australian Film Industry and Pakistan Film Industry?
D.BrisberneAnswer – B.Melbourne
The Indian Film Festival Melbourne 2016 kick started at Melbourne Recital Centre, Australia. The function glitters with full of guests flowed in belonging to not only Australian Film Industry but also Pakistan industry.
- The First National Association of Software and Services warehouse has been launched at which city by NASSCOM?
D.VisakhapatnamAnswer – D.Visakhapatnam
The first National Association of Software and Services (Nasscom) warehouse has launched at Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam. It is the 9th warehouse of NASSCOM.
- Which Private sector bank partnered with India’s Largest Banker State Bank of India for their co-branded credit card for the Customers?
A.Catholic Syrian Bank
B.Rathankar Bank Limited
D.South Indian BankAnswer – D.South Indian Bank
Kochi Based leading private sector Lender South Indian Bank and India’s Largest lender State Bank of India has joined hands for their co-branded credit card for the South Indian Bank customers.
- National Payments Corporation of India tied up with which bank to launch an USSD based *99# mobile application for their customers?
A.United Bank of India
B.Union Bank of India
C.City Union Bank
D.Bank of IndiaAnswer – B.Union Bank of India
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) ties up with Union Bank of India to launch an USSD based *99# mobile application for their customers.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority has imposed Rs. 35 lakh fine to which insurance company for violation of laws?
C.Bharti Axa General Insurance
D.L & T General InsuranceAnswer – C.Bharti Axa General Insurance
Hyderabad based Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) has imposed Rs 35 lakh fine on Bharti Axa General Insurance Co Ltd for violation related with an inspection finding during December 2012 to March 2013.
- The Four day long Counter – Terrorism Financing summit 2016 has been conducted in which country to collectively develop regional solutions to critical tourism financing issue and risks?
D.NepalAnswer – B.Indonesia
The four day long Counter-Terrorism Financing (CTF) Summit 2016 conducted in Bali, Indonesia with cream of experts to collectively develop regional solutions to critical terrorism financing issues and risks.
- Which country to host the Tomorrow’s India Global Summit to be conducted by Global Social India Foundation during September 2016?
D.North KoreaAnswer – A.South Korea
Global Social India Foundation announced that it is set to host the Tomorrow’s India Global Summit, for the proposal the Embassy of India in the Republic of Korea has offered its support during the five-day event in Seoul from September 25-29.
- Union Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister and Urban Development Minister launched Smart Ganga City Scheme in how many cities located along Ganga to set up Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and improve drainage?
D.12Answer – B.10
Union Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Uma Bharti and Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu launched Smart Ganga City Scheme in 10 cities located along Ganga to set up Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and improve drainage.
- Which state has announced the decision to conducts polls to Urban Local Bodies (ULB) by granting 33% women reservation by the chief Minister?
D.NagalandAnswer – D.Nagaland
Nagaland has announced the decision to conducts polls to Urban Local Bodies (ULB) by granting 33% women reservation. It was announced by the chief Minister TR Zeliang on the state level Watershed Conference held in Kohima.
- Which state Government has given approval for full implementation of state Official Language act?
D.MaharashtraAnswer – C.Odisha
After Odisha State Cabinet has given nod for the Odisha Official Language Rules- 2016, to frame rules for proper implementation of the Odisha Official Language Act-1954 that came to the force with immediate effect.
- Which state government has lauched an online service for customers to apply for low-tension service connection ?
D.Tamil NaduAnswer – D.Tamil Nadu
In an e-governance initiative aimed at the common man in the power sector, the Tamil Nadu government has launched an online service for consumers to apply for low-tension service connections.It was launched by Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa.