AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs August 12 2019
- Which year is set as target to achieve the goal of ending morbidity and mortality in children due to diarrhea ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 2022
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Dr. Harsh Vardhan, decided to provide Rotavirus vaccine (RVV) to children across all states and Union Territories (UT) by September 2019 inorder to achieve the goal of ending morbidity and mortality in children due to diarrhoea by 2022.
- How many member committee was set up by the government to resolve dispute between the Indian Railways and Steel Authority of India (SAIL) regarding issues related to the quantity and supply of high-quality steel rails ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Three
A three member committee was set up by the govt. to resolve dispute between the Indian Railways and Steel Authority of India (SAIL) regarding issues related to the quantity and supply of high-quality steel rails.
- Name the Union Territory, which was formed with legislature as per the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Reorganisation Act, 2019 .
2) Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)
4) Both 1 & 2
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)
On August 9, 2019, President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind approved the Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Reorganisation Act, 2019. The Ministry of Law and Justice issued the Gazette Notification. The Act seeks to make J&K a Union Territory (UT) with legislature and Ladakh, a UT without legislature. According to the notification by the Home Ministry the 2 new Union territories will come into existence on October 31, 2019.
- What is the new monetary threshold limit for an appeal before the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) as per the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) ?
1) Rs 20 lakh
2) Rs 30 lakh
3) Rs 40 lakh
4) Rs 50 lakh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rs 50 lakh
On August 8, 2019, The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) increased the monetary limit for an appeal before the Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT) to Rs 50 lakh from Rs 20 lakh. This is done to reduce litigation.High Courts limit: The limit has been doubled to Rs 1 crore from Rs 50 lakh.Supreme Court’s limit: The revised limit for filing appeal has been increased from Rs 1 crore to Rs 2 crore.
- Who inaugurated the 2 day exhibition on Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) spinoff Technologies for non-power applications in New Delhi ?
1) Pradeep Kumar Sinha
2) Ajit Kumar Doval
3) Rakesh Gupta
4) Nripendra Misra
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rakesh Gupta
A two-day exhibition on DAE spinoff Technologies for non-power applications organised by the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), was inaugurated by Shri Rakesh Gupta, chairman of UPSC (Union Public Service Commision) at New MotiBagh recreation club, New Delhi.
- Which entity is set to buy 20 % stake of RIL’s oil and chemicals business, making one of India’s biggest FDI(foreign direct investment) deal for about $15 billion (approximately Rs 1.06 lakh crore)?
1) Saudi Aramco
2) Abu Dhabi National Oil Company
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Saudi Aramco
On August 12,2019, In the 42nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Reliance Industries Ltd(RIL), its Chairman &MD(managing director) Mukesh Ambani stated that Saudi Arabia’s most profitable oil company Saudi Aramco will buy 20 % stake of RIL’s oil and chemicals business for about $15 billion (approximately Rs 1.06 lakh crore), which will be one of the biggest FDI(foreign direct investment) deal in the country.
- Name the entity, which has announced 10 year long-term strategic relationship with Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited to accelerate the digital transformation of Indian economy and society .
2) Microsoft Corporation
3) Oracle Corporation
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Microsoft Corporation
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited, a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited, and Microsoft Corporation announced a 10-year long-term strategic relationship to accelerate the digital transformation of the Indian economy and society. The objective of the partnership is to increase the adoption of leading technologies like data analytics, Artificial Intelligence (AI), cognitive services, blockchain, Internet of Things (IoT), and edge computing among small and medium enterprises to make them ready to compete and grow.
- Which Indian state has unfurled a 15-km long national flag by forming a human chain & entered the Champions Book of World Records for the longest tricolor flag ahead of Independence day ?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
3) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
4) Raipur ,Chhattisgarh
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Raipur ,Chhattisgarh
9, Ahead of the Independence day celebrations(15 August,2019), thousands of people including those belonging to 35 social organizations across the state, and students from various schools unfurled a 15-km long national flag by forming a human chain from Amapara Chowk to Pt Ravishankar Shukla University in Raipur ,Chhattisgarh. As per the public relations department of Chattisgarh state government, the event, organized by Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam Foundation, entered the Champions Book of World Records for the longest tricolor.
- Who has been conferred with an honorary degree, Doctor of Letters by the La Trobe University of Melbourne, Australia ?
1) Akshay Kumar
2) Aamir Khan
3) Shah Rukh Khan
4) Salman Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan (53), an Indian actor, film producer, and commonly known as “Badshah of Bollywood” has been conferred with an honorary degree, Doctor of Letters by the La Trobe University of Melbourne, Australia (1st Australian University to award Khan with this honour), during his visit to University as the chief guest of the 10th edition Indian Film Festival of Melbourne 2019 (IFFM). He received this honour in recognition of his humanitarian efforts towards underprivileged children, empowering women through MEER foundation, and his achievements in Bollywood.
- Name the first woman, who is set to be appointed as the President of Indian National Science Academy(INSA).
1) Chandrima Shaha
2) Renu Khanna Chopra
3) Archana Bhattacharyya
4) Manju Bansal
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Chandrima Shaha
Former director of the National Institute of Immunology (NII), Delhi, Ms Chandrima Shaha (66) is all set to become the first woman president of the Indian National Science Academy (INSA) from January 1, 2020. She will succeed Ajay K. Sood. She was the vice-captain of West Bengal’s first women’s cricket team and also the first woman cricket commentator for All India Radio (AIR).
- Who was appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of YES Bank ?
1) Maheswar Sahu
2) Anurag Adlakha
3) Anil Jaggia
4) Ravinder Kumar Khanna
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Anurag Adlakha
On August 10, 2019, YES bank had made Anurag Adlakha as the new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) replacing Raj Ahuja who previously served as the senior group president and head of financial management of YES bank, will now be in charge of strategy, planning, and functions of the bank. Appointed as Group Chief Strategy Officer, Raj Ahuja will report to the bank’s Managing director.
- Where was the India’s first-of-its-kind clinical ecotoxicology facility inaugurated?
1) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Bhopal
2) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Nagpur
3) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Raipur
4) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi
On August 9, 2019, India’s first-of-its-kind clinical ecotoxicology facility was inaugurated at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi. It will investigate the increasing number of diseases resulting from exposure to environmental toxins contaminating water, food, and air. It will provide diagnostic and research services to all the clinical departments dealing with diseases due to ecotoxicity.
- Which UN body has released the report titled “climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems” ?
1) Environmental Protection Agency
2) United Nations Environment Programme(UNEP)
3) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
4) International Union for Conservation of Nature
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
On august 8,2019,The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) based in Geneva, Switzerland reported that land is under pressure from humans and climate change. The report also stated that keeping Global warming below 2°c by reducing greenhouse gas can somehow sort out the issue as different uses of land i.e., Forests, agriculture, urbanisation are affecting as well as getting affected by climate change.This was the first time IPCC focused fully on land sector.
- By which year, India has promised to produce carbon sink additionally of about 2.5 – 3 billion tones by increasing forest cover, planting etc.?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 2032
India promised to produce carbon sink additionally of about 2.5 – 3billion tonnes by 2032 by increasing forest cover, planting etc.
- Which journal published the report named, “The global decline of freshwater megafauna”, stating that the giant river animals have been reduced to a great extent in the last 50 years ?
2) Global Change Biology
3) Journal of Veterinary Science
4) Journal of Biotechnology
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Global Change Biology
As per the report named, “The global decline of freshwater megafauna”, the giant river animals that once were in huge numbers have been reduced to a great extent in the last 50 years. This was published in the journal Global Change Biology. It is stated in the journal that the majority of the giant freshwater animal species are prone to extinction. 126 freshwater species around 72 countries were assessed for the study. It was found that freshwater species population declined by 88% and scientists attribute the reason for this loss to be from human activities like damming of rivers and population, killing of animals for meat, skins and eggs.
- Who won gold medal in the women’s singles category in the Bulgarian Junior International Championship 2019 ?
1) Aditi Bhattwon
2) Tanisha Crasto
3) Shruti Mishra
4) Samiya Imad Faruqui
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Samiya Imad Faruqui
Indian junior shuttlers won 6 medals- 3 gold, 1 silver, and 2 bronze at the Bulgarian Junior International Championships 2019 held at Sports Hall “Vasil Levski”, Pazardzhik, Bulgaria from August 8-11, 2019. It was organised by the Badminton World Federation (BWF). In the women’s single’s category, India’s Samiya Imad Faruqui won gold by defeating Anastasiia Shapovalova of Russia by 9-21, 21-12, 22-20 points.
- Which country’s women’s cricket team created world record for most consecutive wins(17 wins) by surpassing Australian Women cricket team(16 wins) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Thailand
The Women’s Cricket team of Thailand rewrote a world record by winning 17th successive T20 international match and surpassed the record held by Australian Women (16 victories). They won the match against the Netherlands in the fifth match of an ongoing Women’s T20I Quadrangular Series 2019 in the Netherlands. The other 2 teams of the quadrangular series are Ireland and Scotland.England and Zimbabwe (14), and New Zealand (12) are the 3 other teams who have registered 10 or more successive wins in the T20 format.
- Where was the Men’s tournament for 2019 Rogers Cup held, presented by National Bank of Canada?
1) Quebec, Canada
2) London, United Kingdom
3) Berlin, Germany
4) Canberra, Australia
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Quebec, Canada
2019 Rogers Cup/ Canadian Open presented by National Bank of Canada was held from August 5-11, 2019. The Men’s tournament was held at IGA Stadium, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and Women’s tournament was held at Aviva Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It was the 139th edition of Men’s tournament with prize money of $5.7 million and 128th Edition of Women’s tournament with prize money of $2.8 million. It was a part of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) Tour Masters 1000 of the 2019 ATP Tour, and of the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) Premier 5 tournaments of the 2019 WTA Tour, and 2019 United States (US) Open Series event.
- Who won the Men’s Singles title in the 2019 Rogers Cup/ Canadian Open ?
1) Horacio Zeballos
2) Rafael Nadal
3) Daniil Sergeyevich Medvedev
4) Marcel Granollers
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Rafael Nadal
Category Winner Runner Men’s Singles Rafael Nadal (Spain) Daniil Sergeyevich Medvedev (Russia) Women’s Singles Bianca Vanessa Andreescu Serena Williams (America) Men’s Doubles Marcel Granollers (Spain) & Horacio Zeballos (Argentina) Robin Haase & Wesley Koolhof (Netherlands) Women’s Doubles Barbora Krejčíková & Kateřina Siniaková (Czech Republic) Anna-Lena Groenefel (Germany) & Demi Schuurs (Netherlands)
- Tennis Player, Bianca Vanessa Andreescu of which country won the women’s singles title in 2019 Rogers Cup/ Canadian Open ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Canada
Bianca Vanessa Andreescu belong to Canada.
- Who won the Men’s singles title in the Hyderabad Open (Badminton) 2019 officially known as IDBI Federal Life Insurance Hyderabad Open 2019 ?
1) Na Sung-seung
2) Muhammad Shohibul Fikri
3) Sourabh Verma
4) Loh Kean Yew
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sourabh Verma
The Hyderabad Open (Badminton) 2019, officially known as IDBI Federal Life Insurance Hyderabad Open 2019, was held at G.M.C. Balayogi SATS Indoor Stadium in Hyderabad, India from August 6 -11, 2019. The total prize money of the tournament was $75,000. The 5th Super 100 tournament of 2019 BWF World Tour was organized by the Badminton Association of India (BAI), sanctioned by Badminton World Federation (BWF). Sourabh Verma (India) won the men’s singles title.
- Which team won the 3rd edition of Ultimate Table Tennis (UTT) 2019 in New Delhi ?
1) Chennai Lions
2) Goa Challengers
3) U Mumba
4) Dabang Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Chennai Lions
On August 11, 2019, Chennai Lions has captured the title for the 1st time by defeating defending champions Dabang Delhi with (8–1) scores in the final of the 3rd edition of Ultimate Table Tennis (UTT) 2019 played at Thyagaraj Stadium in New Delhi. Chennai Lions team was led by Sharath Kamal where Dabang Delhi led by Sathiyan Gnansekaran.
- Who won the Most Valuable Player Of The League (Male) award in the 3rd edition of Ultimate Table Tennis (UTT) 2019 in New Delhi ?
1) Jon Persson
2) Sathiyan G
3) Tiago Apolonia
4) Sharath Kamal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Sathiyan G
Sathiyan G won the most valuable player of the league(Male) in the 3rd edition of Ultimate Table Tennis (UTT) 2019 played at Thyagaraj Stadium in New Delhi.
Category Won By Super Server of League Jon Persson of Dabang Delhi Standout Player of League Sutirtha Mukherjee of U Mumba Most Valuable Player of League (Female) Doo Hoi Kem of U Mumba Most Valuable Player Of The League (Male) Sathiyan G of Dabang Delhi The Ultimate One Petrissa Solja of Chennai Lions
- Name the book based on Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu’s two years in office, that was launched by Amit Shah .
1) ‘Great Soul: Venkaiah Naidu’
2) ‘The Life of Venkaiah Naidu in Office’
3) ‘The Accidental Vice President’
4) ‘Listening, Learning and Leading’
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) ‘Listening, Learning and Leading’
The book ‘Listening, Learning and Leading’ marking Shri Venkaiah Naidu’s two years of service as vice president was launched by Union Home minister Amit Shah at Kalaivanar Arangam, Chennai during the function organized by Information and Broadcasting Ministry.
- Name the founder of Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO) & father of the Indian Space Program, whose 100th birth anniversary was observed on 12 August, 2019.
1) A. S. Kiran Kumar
2) C. V. Raman
3) Vikram Sarabhai
4) Satish Dhawan
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Vikram Sarabhai
On August 12,2019,The founder of ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) and is known as the Father of the Indian Space Program, Vikram Sarabhai’s 100th birth anniversary observed on 12 August,2019 across the country.On August 12,2019, To commemorate the birth centenary of Dr Vikram Sarabhai, ISRO has launched a year-long programmes and functions (include science and space exhibitions, competitions for school children, journalism awards and speeches by eminent personalities) will end on 12th August, 2020
- World Elephant Day is celebrated on ___________ .
1) August 12
2) August 11
3) August 10
4) August 9
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) August 12
Observed every year on August 12, The World Elephant Day is celebrated to create awareness and bring attention to the urgent plight (dangerous situation) of Asian and African elephants. The day was first launched on August 12, 2012.
- Which country is set to ban ivory sales by 2021 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Singapore
Singapore announced on World elephant day that ivory sales will be banned from the country from 2021.This comes as an initiative launched by the Singapore govt. to tighten its campaign against illegal wildlife trade.The announcement followed two years of consultation with non Government groups, ivory retailers and public.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Name the actor, whose autobiography titled “Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly” was launched in New York .Answer – Anupam Kher
Actor Rishi Kapoor, his wife Neetu Kapoor and the cast of the NBC show New Amsterdam launched Lessons Life Taught Me, Unknowingly, the autobiography of Anupam Kher in New York.
- Who is the President of Badminton Association of India (BAI) ?Answer – Himanta Biswa Sarma
- What is the tagline of YES bank ?Answer – Experience our Expertise
- Kanger Valley National Park is located in which state ?Answer – Chattisgarh
- Who is the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare ?Answer – Dr. Harsh Vardhan
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification