AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which act will be amended by the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act 2019 that aimed to make India, a hub of domestic and global arbitration for settling commercial disputes ?
1) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1997
2) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
3) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1995
4) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1994
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
On August 9, 2019, President of India Ram Nath Kovind gave his assent to Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act 2019 aimed to make India hub of domestic and global arbitration for settling commercial disputes. It will amend Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996.
- Who can chair the Arbitration Council of India (ACI) as per the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act 2019 ?
1) Judge of the Supreme Court
2) Judge of a High Court
3) Chief Justice of a High Court
4) Individual with great knowledge in conduct of the arbitration
5) Any one of the aboveAnswer – 5) Any One of the above
Arbitration Council of India (ACI) allows appointment of arbitrators by “arbitral institutions” designated by the Supreme Court(SC) /High Court(HC) rather than Supreme Court or a high court themselves. The ACI will consist of a Chairperson who is either a Judge of the Supreme Court/ a Judge of a High Court/Chief Justice of a High Court/ an eminent person with great knowledge in conduct of the arbitration.
- Name the act that will be amended by the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019 to improve road safety .
1) Motor Vehicles Act, 1987
2) Motor Vehicles Act, 1989
3) Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
4) Motor Vehicles Act, 1986
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Motor Vehicles Act, 1988
On August 10, 2019, President of India Ram Nath Kovind gave his assent to the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019, to improve road safety and facilitation of the citizens while dealing with transport departments. The Act will amend the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
- Who headed the Group of Transport Ministers (GoM), which recommends the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019 ?
1) Sanjeev Ranjan
2) Manoj Kumar
3) V. K. Singh
4) Yoonus Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Yoonus Khan
The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019 is based on the recommendations of the Group of Transport Ministers (GoM) headed by the then Transport Minister of Rajasthan, Shri. Yoonus Khan.
- How much amount is penalized for an individual for driving without license as per the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Act, 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 5000
The Bill increases fine for several offenses under the Act.
Violation New penalty(in Rupees) Old Penalty(in Rupees) Driving under the influence of alcohol/Drug 10,000 2000 Driving without Insurance 2,000 1,000 Driving without license 5000 500 Over Speeding 1000 for LMV (Light Motor Vehicle) 2000 for medium passenger vehicle 400 Not giving way for emergency vehicles 10,000 – Speeding 5000 500 Driving without helmet 1000, disqualification of license for 3 months 100 Offense by Juveniles 25000 with 3 years imprisonment for guardian/owner – Traffic violations 500 100 Disobedience of orders of authorities Driving despite disqualification 10,000 – Penalty for dangerous driving 5,000 1,000 Seat Belt violation 1000 100 Oversize vehicles 5000 –
- Who inaugurated the inter-State portability in two clusters of adjoining States of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana and Gujarat & Maharashtra, for achieving the objective of ‘One Nation One Ration Card’ ?
1) Ram Vilas Paswan
2) Nitish Kumar
3) Ravi Shankar Prasad
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Ram Vilas Paswan
Shri Ram Vilas Paswan, Union Minister for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution inaugurated the inter-State portability in two clusters of adjoining States of Andhra Pradesh & Telangana and Gujarat & Maharashtra, as a major step towards achieving the objective of ‘One Nation One Ration Card’.Under the National Food Security Act, beneficiaries can avail the benefits from any of the two cluster States.
- 11 States/UT have implemented the intra-State portability for achieving the objective of ‘One Nation One Ration Card’, which of the following is not among the 11 States/UT ?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Madhya Pradesh
11 States/UT have implemented the intra-State portability. The 11 states are Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Punjab, Rajasthan, Telangana and Tripura.Having implemented intra-State portability already, the inter-State portability will be introduced in these 11 States by 1st January 2020.Other states apart from these 11 states will be included in the inter-state portability in a phased manner starting from 1st of June 2020.
- Under which ministry National Entrepreneurship Awards (NEA) will be presented?
1) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
2) Ministry of Rural Development
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
In a bid to encourage and recognise entrepreneurs and also to catalyse a cultural shift in youth for entrepreneurship, the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) has announced the 4th edition of National Entrepreneurship Awards (NEA) for the year 2019.
- Name the farmers financial assistance program of Jharkhand government, which was launched by the vice president of India, M.Venkaiah Naidu .
1) Mukhyamantri Swasthya Bima Yojana
2) Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana
3) Mukhyamantri Suraksha Bima Yojana
4) Mukhyamantri Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana
Under the Jharkhand state’s scheme,Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana launched by Shri Venkaiah Naidu, farmers/ beneficiaries having farmlands of less than 1 acre to 5 acres.The launching ceremony was held in 23 districts apart from Ranchi.This scheme would benefit approximately 35 lakh farmers and by september/october this year Rs 3000 crore will be sent to beneficiaries’ account.This scheme is apart from the benefits that the farmers are getting under Pratan Mantri Kisan yojana.
- How much amount is provided to farmers of Jharkhand as a financial assistance under Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana, who holds farmlands of two acres ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 10,000
Under the Jharkhand state’s scheme,Mukhyamantri Krishi Ashirwad Yojana launched by Shri Venkaiah Naidu, farmers/ beneficiaries having farmlands of less than 1 acre to 5 acres will be provided a financial assistance of Rs5,000-25,000.
Rs.5000- farmers having less than 1 acres of land.
Rs.10,000- farmers having two acres of land.
Rs.15000- farmers having three acres of land.
Rs.20,000- farmers having four acres of land.
Rs.25,000- farmers having five acres of land.
- Which bank has signed a corporate agency agreement with the Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Ltd, which will deliver a wide range of insurance policies to its customers?
1) Indian Overseas Bank
2) Bank of India
3) Indian Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indian Bank
Indian Bank Managing Director and CEO( (Chief Executive Officer), Padmaja Chunduru and Cholamandalam MS (Chola MS) General Insurance Company, Managing Director, SS Gopalarathnam, have signed a corporate agency agreement where the Chola MS will deliver a wide range of insurance policies to the Indian bank customers.Having over 2872 branches, this partnership would greatly benefit customers of the Indian bank.
- Name the entity, which launched the India’s first corporate credit card called ‘Freedom Card’ for small and medium enterprises (SMEs) .
1) ZipCash Card
2) Itz Cash
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) EnKash
Business-Business payments startup company EnKash launched the country’s first corporate credit card called ‘Freedom Card’ for small and medium enterprises (SMEs). This card provides the freedom to avail credit facility for immediate needs and to manage liquidity of startups. To enhance the experience, banks are currently offering credit cards and EnKash partners.Enkash: It has come up with a corporate card to look into to the varied billing cycles as per the working capital cycles of different businesses.
- Name the co-branded health focused credit card launched by RBL Bank in collaboration with Practo .
1) RBL & Practo Plus
2) RBL Bank Practo Plus
3) RBL Practo Health Plus
4) RBL & Practo Credit Plus
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) RBL Bank Practo Plus
On August 8,2019, RBL Bank , one of India’s fastest growing private sector banks and Practo ,a digital healthcare platform have jointly launched a co-branded health focused credit card called “RBL Bank Practo Plus” powered by Mastercard.It offers benefits include, Unlimited online consultations with experienced and qualified doctors on all time(24*7) for one year period One free full body health check-up Cardholders can earn 1 Practo HealthCash for every Rs. 100 spent on this card. (1 Healthcash = 1 Rupee , that can be used while getting Practo services like ordering medicine, tests, online consultations). The card also comes with complimentary access to the domestic airport lounge twice every quarter.
- Which bank has collaborated with Social Alpha to mentor &support the start-ups including inclusion, healthcare, and environment in India over the next 18 months ?
1) DBS Bank India
2) Standard Chartered
4) Bank of China (Hong Kong)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) DBS Bank India
On August 9,2019, A leading financial services corporation , DBS Bank India has tied up with Social Alpha, the non-profit start-up incubator to mentor &support the start-ups (Even Cargo, Trust Circle Incredible Devices) focusing including inclusion, healthcare, and environment in India over the next 18 months.DBS Bank will also give an annual programme grant of Rs.1 crore to the three ventures.Even Cargo: It is a is a social enterprise that has trained and employed women as delivery personnel for major e-commerce companies.Trust Circle: It is a mental healthcare start-up that utilises mobile & AI(Artificial Intelligence) technology to improve emotional resilience & well-being.
- Name the organization, which has collaborated with HDFC Bank, Mastercard, Common Service Centres (CSCs) of Meity and Global Linkers & launched the Digi Vyapari- Safal Vyapari to accelerate usage of digital payments .
1) Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC)
2) World Trade Organization(WTO)
3) Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT)
4) Organisation of Petroleum exporting countries (OPEC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT)
The Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT) in partnership with HDFC Bank, Mastercard, Common Service Centres (CSCs) of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (Meity) and Global Linkers, launched Digi Vyapari- Safal Vyapari– to accelerate usage of digital payments in the country.Live showroom of traders on e-commerce portal which will have integrated facilities of digital payments, logistics and live chat will be made.Aim: To accelerate the acceptance of digital payments among merchants and linking them with e-commerce portals by creating their e-commerce showrooms.
- How much percent of cargo will be transported through coastal shipping and inland waterways over the next 10 years as per the centre’s target ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 25%
On August 10,2019,In the event of 30th anniversary celebrations of the nation’s largest container port JNPT(Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust) Union Minister of State for Shipping , Mansukh Mandaviya stated that the central government has set a target of transporting nearly 25% of cargo through coastal shipping and inland waterways over the next 10 years in Mumbai.This target will be achieved with the help of initiatives for development of ports taken by the centre.The increment in exim cargo will also help to reduce inflation by nearly 2.5 %.
- Which state sets a world record by planting over 22 crore saplings by its mega greenery plantation drive, “Vriksharopan Mahakumbh” in a day ?
2) Uttar Pradesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Uttar Pradesh
To mark the 77th anniversary of Quit India movement, Uttar Pradesh(UP) chief minister(CM) Yogi Adityanath has launched the a mega greenery plantation drive called “Vriksharopan Mahakumbh”,which now sets a world record by planting over 22 crore saplings in a day. The state also entered the Guinness World Records’ for distributing 76,823 saplings simultaneously in six hours across the state.
- Name the Indian sports association, which has agreed to come under the jurisdiction of the anti-doping watchdog, National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) after years of resisting the move.
1) Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI)
2) Indian Hockey Federation (IHF)
3) All India Football Federation (AIFF)
4) Archery Association of India (AAI)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI)
On August 10,2019, The Indian Sports Secretary, Radheshyam Jhulaniya stated that the Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) has agreed to come under the jurisdiction of the anti-doping watchdog, National Anti Doping Agency (NADA) after years of resisting the move.BCCI had raised a number of concerns(quality of the dope testing kits, competence of pathologists and sample collection) but finally agreed to come under NADA after the sports ministry gave assurances about resolving issues of the cricket board.Background: BCCI calling itself an autonomous body,and was against the signing up with NADA for a period of time. The Indian cricket board decided in march 2019 to work with the country’s anti-doping agency on a trial period of 6 months.
- Name the deceased greek artist, who was well known for his kinetic sculptures .
2) Takis(Panayiotis Vassilakis)
3) Tomasso Masaccio
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Takis(Panayiotis Vassilakis)
Takis(Panayiotis Vassilakis,),a Greek artist known for his kinetic sculptures, known for artworks that made use of technology, motion and light and were displayed in art galleries and museums around the world has passed away in athens, Greece at the age of 93. He was the founder of Takis Foundation,a research Center for the Art and the Sciences that contains a museum, garden and the sculptor’s studio, and aims to promote the appreciation of the visual arts.His works adorn the most important museums of the world which include George Pompidou Center for Contemporary Art (Paris), the MOMA and the Guggenheim Museum (New York), the De Menil Collection (Houston), the Tate Modern (London), the Peggy Guggenheim Collection (Venice).
- What was the theme of the World Biofuel Day 2019 ?
1) Theme – “Energizing the World with Innovation”
2) Theme – “Biofuels – cost effective & environment friendly substitutes to conventional fuels”
3) Theme – “Production of Biodiesel from Used Cooking Oil (UCO)”
4) Theme – “Significant and measurable World Earth Day impact”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – “Production of Biodiesel from Used Cooking Oil (UCO)”
Inorder to create awareness about the importance of non-fossil fuels as an alternative to conventional fossil fuels and highlight the various efforts made by Government in the biofuel sector, August 10 is observed as WorldBiofuel Day. The theme for the World Biofuel Day 2019 is “Production of Biodiesel from Used Cooking Oil (UCO)”.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Kanjirankulam Bird Sanctuary is located in which state ?Answer – Tamil Nadu
The Ministry of Environment approved 13 wildlife sanctuaries, including one tiger reserve in Chhattisgarh, as eco-sensitive zones (ESZ) for scientific conservation of the ecosystem. 11 sanctuaries in Tamil Nadu are Vaduvoor Bird Sanctuary, Kanjirankulam Bird Sanctuary, Srivilliputhur Grizzled Squirrel sanctuary, Megamalai Wildlife sanctuary, Gulf of Mannar Marine National Park, Vettangudi Birds sanctuary, Kodaikanal Wildlife Sanctuary, Sakkarakottai Bird Sanctuary, Vallanadu Blackbuck Sanctuary, Oussudu Lake Bird Sanctuary and Point Calemere Wildlife Sanctuary. The Achanakmar Tiger Reserve in Chhattisgarh and Tungareshwar Wildlife Sanctuary in Maharashtra have also been approved as ESZ.
- Who is CEO of Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) ?Answer – Rahul Johri
- What is the tagline of Indian Bank ?Answer – Your own bank
- Name the Indian Naval Ship(INS), which visited Norway as part of Western Fleet Overseas Deployment .Answer – INS Tarkash
INS Tarkash, a state-of-the-art stealth frigate of the Indian Navy equipped with a versatile range of weapons visited Norway as part of Western Fleet Overseas Deployment. The ship is part of the Indian Navy’s Western Fleet and is under the operational command of Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the Western Naval Command based in Mumbai.
- When was Ministry for Law and Justice formed ?Answer – 1833