AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs August 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2019 updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs August 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs July 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Who heads the Group of Transport Ministers (GoM), which recommends the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019 to address the issue of road safety ?
1) Raj Kumar Singh
2) Rao Inderjit Singh
3) Yoonus Khan
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Yoonus Khan
On July 31, 2019, Rajya Sabha passed the Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019. It will amend the provisions under the 1988 Motor Vehicles Act. Background: The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2019 is based on the recommendations of the Group of Transport Ministers (GoM) headed by Shri. Yoonus Khan, the then Transport Minister of Rajasthan, to address the issue of road safety and to improve the facilitation of the citizens while dealing with transport departments. Vehicle Fitness: The Bill mandates automated fitness testing for vehicles and provides for compulsory recall of defective vehicles and power to examine irregularities of vehicle companies.
- Name the bill passed by Parliament which helps to tackle the threat of illicit deposit taking activities like exploiting regulatory gaps and lack of strict administrative measures to dupe poor and gullible people of their hard-earned savings.
1) Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2019
2) Banning of Illicit deposit Scheme Bill, 2019
3) Banning of Illegal deposit Scheme Bill, 2019
4) Banning of deposits by Black Money Bill, 2019
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2019
On July 29, 2019, Parliament unanimously passed the Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Bill, 2019 which will replace the Banning of Unregulated Deposit Schemes Ordinance, 2019, promulgated on February 21, 2019. It will help to tackle the threat of illicit deposit taking activities in the country like exploiting regulatory gaps and lack of strict administrative measures to dupe poor and gullible people of their hard-earned savings.
- How many days are provided as a timeline for insolvency resolution process and specifies minimum payouts to operational creditors in recently passed Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) (Amendment) Bill, 2019 ?
1) 350 day
2) 310 day
3) 270 day
4) 330 day
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 330 day
August 1, 2019, The Parliament passed the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) (Amendment) Bill, 2019. It provides a 330-day timeline for insolvency resolution process and specifies minimum payouts to operational creditors in any resolution plan. The amendments will bring greater clarity to mergers, demergers, and amalgamations as part of the resolution process. Earlier, the timeline was 270 days.It provides greater clarity on permissibility of corporate restructuring schemes, clarity on the rights and duties of authorized representatives of voters.It gives committee of creditors of a loan defaulting company an explicit authority over the distribution of proceeds in the resolution process.
- Who inaugurated the Indian Airforce Facilitation-cum-Publicity Pavilion in National Bal Bhawan, New Delhi ?
1) Piyush Goyal
2) Ramesh pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
3) Arjun Munda
4) Prakash Javadekar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mr Ramesh pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
The Union Minister for Human Resource Development (MHRD) Mr Ramesh pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, inaugurated the Indian Airforce Facilitation-cum-Publicity Pavilion in National Bal Bhawan, New Delhi to motivate students to join Indian Air Force.
- Which country has partnered with India & launched the “Innovation for Clean Air” (IfCA) initiative in Bengaluru to test interventions related to equality and support India’s transition to EV (electric vehicles) integration ?
1) United States(US)
3) United Kingdom(UK)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) United Kingdom(UK)
A two-year UK-India joint initiative, the “Innovation for Clean Air” (IfCA) was launched by the British Deputy High Commissioner DominicMcAllister in Bengaluru to test interventions related to equality and support India’s transition to EV (electric vehicles) integration.The air quality is measured by integrating satellite and sensor data.The program is led by Innovate UK, which is a part of UK research and innovation (UKRI). The UKRI is funded by Newton Fund and by various other partners.
- Name the languages that will be included in the Sub-Field of Field “Literature” in the scheme component ‘Award of Senior/Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Artistes in the Fields of Culture’ .
1) Nepali and Santhali
2) French and Portuguese
3) Portuguese and Hausa
4) Javanese and Quechua
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Nepali and Santhali
On July 30, 2019, The Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel informed that 2 languages- Nepali and Santhali from the 8th Schedule of the Indian Constitution will be included in the Sub-Field of Field “Literature” in the scheme component ‘Award of Senior/Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Artistes in the Fields of Culture’. The Ministry of Culture regulates a scheme component namely Award of Senior/Junior Fellowships to Outstanding Artistes in the Fields of Culture.The Nodal institute for handling the Scheme of Sr. /Jr. Fellowship till selection process is the Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), Dwarka, Gujarat.
- What is the position of India among the highest risk country in the world as per the Verisk Maplecroft’s Water Stress Index 2019 ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 46th
According to the Water Stress Index 2019, formulated by London-based risk analytics firm Verisk Maplecroft, India is the 46th highest risk country in the world. It measured the water consumption rates of households, industries and farm sectors and the available resources in rivers, lakes and streams and plotted the index with projected population growth trends to rank the cities facing the biggest threat to their water resources. Chennai is the “tip of the iceberg” for India’s water-stressed cities.11 out of India’s 20 largest cities face an ‘extreme risk’ of water stress and 7 are in the ‘high risk’ category. Delhi, Chennai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Nashik, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Indore are among the cities facing ‘extreme risk’.
- In which four states, One Nation One Ration Card scheme was launched in order to boost the National Food Security ?
1) Arunachal Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat
2) Telangana, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat
3) Telangana, Kerala, Maharashtra and Gujarat
4) Telangana, Kerala, Karnataka and Gujarat
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Telangana , Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Gujarat
In order to boost the National Food Security, the pilot basis of One Nation One Ration Card scheme was launched by the government in four states namely Telangana , Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Gujarat. Families holding this card can buy subsidized rice and wheat from any ration shop in these four states. This program is expected to be implemented by August next year.A trial run of the project was conducted by the Telangana Civil Supplies Corporation last week where consumers from Andhra Pradesh bought their commodities from the fair price shop in Hyderabad.
- Name the state, which has launched a special digitized policing system called “Automated Multi-modal Biometric Identification System (AMBIS)” to aid police investigations .
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Maharashtra
On July 29,2019, Maharashtra Chief Minister(CM) Devendra Fadnavis has launched a special digitized policing system called “Automated Multi-modal Biometric Identification System (AMBIS)” to aid police investigations & it will soon be expanded across the country.Detection: AMBIS adopted by the Maharashtra Police, is an advanced crime detection database, detects crime based on the available fingerprint, palmprint and iris scan data of criminals on record as well as accidental finger/ palm-prints collected from crime scenes.AMBIS: It is an updated version of Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS), which has limited utility, providing only one-to-one fingerprint matches has been used by Indian law enforcement agencies to explore finger and palm prints.
- Which country has exempted visa fees for Indian tourists which range from $20 to $40 ?
1) Sri Lanka
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sri Lanka
The tourism minister of Sri Lanka, John Amaratunga announced that Indian tourists are exempted from visa fees which range from $20 to $40 with effect from August 1, 2019. It will not be charged for grant of one month visa for tourism.Initially, it will be implemented for 6 months. Decision for extension will be taken depending upon its impact on revenue.In 2018, Tourism accounted for almost 5% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in Sri Lanka. It is the country’s third-largest and fastest-growing source of foreign currency. iii. With this, India became one among the 48 countries to be exempted from visa fees for tourism by Sri Lankan government.
- Name the fourth African country that joined the Global coalition group to protect pollinators and their habitats by developing and implementing National pollinator strategies .
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Nigeria
Nigeria joined the Global coalition group of the willing on pollinators as the fourth African nation to protect pollinators and their habitats by developing and implementing National pollinator strategies, where currently the world’s pollinator species are on the decline.With a lack of data on pollinators, there are only 10 years left to meet the 2030 agenda on sustainable development which will be a very great challenge to achieve. Nations in coalition The other African nation members in this group are Ethiopia, the first nation to join in 2017 followed by Burundi and Morocco.Morocco became a member of this group in the month of May 2019
- OTS was in news recently, what does ‘S’ stands for _______ .
1) S – Stabilisation
2) S – Settlement
3) S – Securities
4) S – Supply
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) S- Settlement
S stands for Settlement.The full form of OTS is One Time Settlement.
- Which sector’s Non Performing Assets (NPA) can be directly sold by domestic banks to investors abroad as part of the one-time settlement (OTS) on behalf of the borrowing company ?
1) Production and Commercial mortgages
2) Manufacturing and Infrastructure sectors
3) Commercial mortgages and Manufacturing
4) Infrastructure sectors and Commercial mortgages
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Manufacturing and Infrastructure sectors
On July 31, 2019, India’s central banking institution, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has opened a new route to allow domestic banks directly sell their non-performing assets (NPA) in manufacturing and infrastructure sectors to investors abroad as part of the one-time settlement (OTS) on behalf of the borrowing company. It will allow overseas investors to take direct loan exposure to Indian corporates.
- Name the bank that will be converted into small finance bank(SFB) with the aim to provide micro-credit at the doorsteps to individuals and SME’s(Small and medium-sized enterprises) .
1) Jio Payments Bank
2) Airtel Payments Bank
3) India Post Payments Bank(IPPB)
4) Aditya Birla Payments Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) India Post Payments Bank(IPPB)
The postal department has decided to convert the India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) into a small finance bank (SFB) with the aim to provide micro-credit at the doorsteps to individuals and SME’s (Small and medium-sized enterprises). The postal department also sets a target to open one crore accounts for IPPB in 100 days.
- Which entity has partnered with Edelweiss Tokio Life insurance to offer mobile-based group insurance solutions for the customers ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) MobiKwik
A private life insurer Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance tied up with MobiKwik to offer mobile-based group insurance solutions for the customers of MobiKwik.Edelweiss Tokio Life will provide life insurance in the variants of Rs 1 lakh, Rs 3 lakh, and Rs 5 lakh through MobiKwik’s wallet app and website. The policies will be available for an annual premium of Rs 148, Rs 443, and Rs 738 respectively.Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance is a joint venture between Edelweiss Financial Services and Tokio Marine Holdings.
- Union Ministry of Finance of India has imposed definitive anti-dumping duty on Import of Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) from which countries?
1) Pakistan and China
2) Singapore and Malaysia
3) South Korea and Malaysia
4) South Korea and Thailand
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) South Korea and Thailand
Based on the recommendations of the Designated Authority in the Commerce Ministry in its sunset review findings, Union Ministry of Finance imposed definitive anti-dumping duty on all imports of Purified Terephthalic Acid (PTA) from South Korea and Thailand. PTA is a primary raw material in the manufacturing of polyester chips, which are used in a number of applications in textile, packaging, furnishings, consumer goods, resins, and coatings.
- Who was honoured with prestigious Entrepreneur of the year award 2019 in the event hosted by America’s Business Magazine Entrepreneur India ?
1) Suneil Shetty
2) Ruhan Rajput
3) Milind Soman
4) Arjun Rampal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ruhan Rajput
Co-founder and director of Einfolge Technologies Pvt Ltd, Mr. Ruhan Rajput was honoured entrepreneur of the Year award 2019 for his excellence in the service sector and for his contributions and achievements in the business industry. The event was hosted by America’s Business Magazine Entrepreneur India along with its Franchise India in New Delhi.Ruhan was also acknowledged as the “Entrepreneur Of The Year in Service Business- BPO/KPO recently” on 18th July.
- Name the youngest doctor of Gulbarga (Kalaburagi), Karnataka, who was felicitated with ‘Pride of Nation Award’ by the Defence Minister of India, Rajnath Singh .
1) Balamurali Ambati
2) Heenal Raichura
3) Vinayak S Hiremath
4) Akrit Jaswal
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Vinayak S Hiremath
Dr Vinayak S Hiremath, aged 30,the youngest doctor of Gulbarga (Kalaburagi), Karnataka was felicitated with ‘Pride of Nation Award’ by the Defence Minister of India, Rajnath Singh at the ceremony held at NCC (National Cadet Corps) auditorium parade grounds in New Delhi on the occasion of Kargil Vijay Diwas (July 26). He is the first South Indian doctor to offer free insulin consultation and treatment to gestational (pregnancy) diabetic mothers and family members of the Indian Army.He is presently working as the Chief Consultant Physician Diabetologist and Intensivist at KMK Hospital, Cochin, Kerala.He is credited to be one among the top 10 achievers in the healthcare industry in India.‘Pride of the Nation Award’ is given to the people who have made a notable contribution in their fields and in the process made India proud.
- Who was appointed as the 20th governor of Nagaland ?
1) RN Ravi
2) Krishan Kant Paul
3) Padmanabha Acharya
4) Ashwani Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) RN Ravi
On August 1, 2019, RN Ravi (A 1976-batch Indian Police Service officer of the Kerala cadre,), a former Intelligence Bureau(IB) officer was sworn in as the 20th governor of Nagaland. Arup Kumar Goswami, Chief Justice (Acting) of Gauhati High Court(HC) administered the oath of office to Ravi at the Raj Bhavan in Kohima, Nagaland. Ravi succeeds Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya, whose tenure ended on July 19, 2019.
- To which ministry, Ravi Capoor was appointed as the secretary ?
1) Ministry of External Affairs
2) Ministry of Minority Affairs
3) Ministry of Finance
4) Ministry of Textiles
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Ministry of Textiles
On August 1, 2019, Ravi Capoor (an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of 1986 batch) took charge as secretary in the Ministry of Textiles in New Delhi. He succeeds Raghvendra Singh. He was in charge of Mines & Minerals, Forest & Environment, Act East Policy Affairs, and Public Enterprises Department as Additional Chief Secretary, Assam, from the period of 2016 to 2019. Besides he also had the portfolios of Industry and Commerce & worked as additional Development Commissioner, Handicrafts from 2002 to 2004.
- Who was appointed as the Secretary of Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) ?
1) Shripad Yesso Naik
2) Guruprasad Mohapatra
3) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
4) Krishan Pal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Guruprasad Mohapatra
On August 1, 2019, Guruprasad Mohapatra (an IAS Officer of 1986 batch) assumed charge of the office of Secretary, Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) in New Delhi. He replaces Ramesh Abhishek.Guruprasad Mohapatra. Prior to this appointment, he served as chairman of the Airports Authority of India (AAI), a statutory body working under the Ministry of Civil Aviation, where he brought many changes in AAI’s strategic operations.
- Name the Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Officer, who took over as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) .
1) Raosaheb Danve
2) Babul Supriyo
3) Girraj Prasad Gupta
4) Ramdas Athawale
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Girraj Prasad Gupta
On August 1, 2019, Girraj Prasad Gupta(a 1983-batch Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Officer) took over as the Controller General of Accounts (CGA) in New Delhi. He succeeds Anthony Lianzuala as the new CGA, Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance. He held higher positions in the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT), Ministry of Rural Development and served as the Director of National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad.Gupta, as an Additional Controller General of Accounts, got credit for the work in development and implementation of Public Financial Management System (PFMS), a backbone IT (Information Technology) infrastructure for Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) in Government of India.
- To which government agency, Rakesh Asthana was appointed as the Director General ?
1) Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)
2) Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI)
3) National Investigation Agency(NIA)
4) Intelligence Bureau(IB)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)
The Appointments Committee chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given additional charge to 1984-batch Gujarat cadre IPS officer Rakesh Asthana, Director General of Civil Aviation security (DG CAS), as the new DG of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) by approving “entrustment of the additional charge of the post of Director General Narcotics Control Board”. The post of NCB was lying vacant as incumbent Abhay was appointed as a director Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Police Academy, Hyderabad, Telangana.Asthana will serve as the DG of NCB for the next 6 months or till new incumbent is appointed.
- Name the entity, which acquired BlueTalon that helps enterprises to set policies for how their employees can access their data for undisclosed sum .
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Microsoft
Microsoft acquired BlueTalon, a data privacy and governance service, for an undisclosed sum. BlueTalon works with leading Fortune 100 companies. It helps enterprises to set policies for how their employees can access their data.Microsoft acquired BlueTalon. BlueTalon will become part of the Azure Data Governance group.It had raised $25.87 million and was backed by firms like Biosys Capital, Signia Venture Partners, Maverick Capital, and Divergent Ventures.
- Which countries researchers developed a new computer model that can help accurately predict air pollution levels in the region using certain climatic patterns related to the ocean ?
1) Japan and China
2) China and the United States
3) India and the United States
4) Japan and Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) China and the United States
The team of researchers from China and the United States developed a new computer model that can help accurately predict air pollution levels in the region a season in advance. The data from El Niño and Antarctic Oscillation events can be used to predict air pollution levels in northern India. It will allow the government to forecast aerosol pollution conditions in winter and formulate plans for pollution control.The research was published in the journal Science Advances.
- Which institute scientists have developed the world’s first robot hand for the rehabilitation of stroke patients ?
1) Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Madras
2) Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Delhi
3) Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
4) Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Kanpur
The scientists at the Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) Kanpur have developed the world’s first robot hand for the rehabilitation of stroke patients. It is a two-finger robotic hand (exoskeleton) that uses a four-bar mechanism and has four degrees of freedom (DOF). It uses brain signals, with the help of the brain-computer interface (BCI).The exoskeleton is operated by a MEGA (Molecular Evolutionary Genetics Analysis) microcontroller of 300 Mhz and powered by a battery which costs around Rs 15,000.It was developed by Professor Ashish Dutta and Professor K S Venkatesh. In order to develop the product, they had partnered with the University of Ulster, United Kingdom, and their teacher Girijesh Prasad, who belongs to Gorakhpur.
- Name the telescope of NASA, which has discovered 3 new planets in a new planetary system TOI 270 which are the smallest and nearest known to date at just 73 light-years away from our earth.
1) Transmitting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
2) Kepler space telescope(KST)
3) James Webb Space Telescope(JWST)
4) Spitzer Space Telescope(SST)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Transmitting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
The Transmitting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) of NASA has discovered 3 new planets which are the smallest and nearest known to date. The planets include a small, rocky super-Earth and 2 Sub-neptunes orbiting a dwarf star just 73 light-years away from our earth. A paper describing the system was published in the journal Nature Astronomy. Planet System on TOI (TESS Object of Interest) 270.The members present in the planetary system are a dwarf star which is 40% smaller than the size of the sun and the three exoplanets which are named as TOI 270b, TOI 270c, TOI 270d orbiting the star every 3.4 days 5.7 days and 11.4 days respectively. The innermost planet is the TOI 270b and is expected to be 25% bigger than earth.The TOI 270c and TOI 270d are Neptune like planets which are half the size of our icy giants( Uranus and Neptune).
- Who topped in the Badminton World Federation ranking in Women’s singles event ?
1) Saina Nehwal
2) PV Sindhu
3) Nozomi Okuhara
4) Akane Yamaguchi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Akane Yamaguchi
In the recently released women’s singles ranking by Badminton World Federation, India’s star players PV Sindhu and Saina Nehwal have retained 5th spot and 8th spot respectively. The ranking is topped by Japan’s Akane Yamaguchi. Chinese Taipei’s Tai Tzu Ying was overtaken by Akane Yamaguchi to become the new world no.1 champion. Japan’s Nozomi Okuhara is ranked second and Tai Tzu Ying is ranked third in the BWF rankings. In BWF men’s ranking japan’s Kento Momota is ranked first whereas India’s Kidambi Srikanth and Sameer Verma are ranked 10th and 13th respectively.
- Which country’s cricketer Malcolm Nash was passed away recently ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) England
Former England cricketer Malcolm Nash, who was best known for being hit by Sir Garfield Sobers for six sixes in an over has passed away after he collapsed while attending a dinner at Lord’s Cricket Ground in London. He was 74.He was born on 9 May 1945 in Abergavenny, United Kingdom(UK).He took 993 first-class wickets in a 17-year career between 1966 and 1983 and was Glamorgan’s leading wicket-taker when they won the County Championship in 1969.His name was forever linked with that of Sobers after the sober went on the attack during a County Championship in 1968. It was the first time any batsman had hit six sixes in a six-ball over in first-class cricket.
- Harold ‘Hal’ Prince passed away recently, he was associated with which field ?
1) Theatre Singer and Producer
2) Theatre Actor and Producer
3) Theatrical producer and director
4) Theatre Actor and Singer
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theatrical producer and director
On July 31, 2019, Broadway legend Harold ‘Hal’ Prince, aged 91, passed away in Reykjavík, Iceland after a brief illness. He was an American theatrical producer and director. Born on January 30, 1928 in Manhattan, New York, United States, he had won 21 Tony Awards over the course of his career.He was a producer and director known for his work on many classic musicals including, “Damn Yankees,” “West Side Story,” “Phantom of the Opera,” “Cabaret,” and “Sweeny Todd.”
- Name the founder of the largest coffee chain in India, Cafe Coffee Day(CCD), who passed away recently .
1) V. G. Siddhartha Hegde
2) Harshad Mehta
3) Harivansh Rai Bachchan
4) B.M. Khaitan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) V. G. Siddhartha Hegde
Indian billionaire and a founder of the largest coffee chain in India, Cafe Coffee Day(CCD), V. G. Siddhartha Hegde has been found dead on the banks of the Netravati river near Mangaluru. Siddhartha was the son-in-law of former Karnataka chief minister SM Krishna.Hailing from the Chikmagalur district of Karnataka, he established Cafe Coffee Day in 1996, which is an Indian café chain owned by Coffee Day Global Limited serves 1.8 billion cups of coffee, annually, in six countries like Malaysia, Egypt, the Czech Republic, and Austria.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Vani Vilasa Sagara Dam is located in which state ?Answer – Karnataka
- Who is the MD and CEO of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) ?Answer – Suresh Sethi
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) works under which ministry ?Answer – Ministry of Commerce and Industry
- Prithvi Shaw is associated with which sport ?Answer – Cricket
Prithvi Shaw was in news recently because he has been suspended by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) till November 15, 2019 for a doping violation. He was tested positive for the usage of Terbutaline, a specified substance, is prohibited both In & Out of Competition in the WADA Prohibited List of Substances.
- Who is the CEO of Microsoft ?Answer – Satya Narayana Nadella