AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 5 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Click Here to Read Current Affairs April 5 2019
- Who has chaired the High-level discussion on ‘Fiscal Relations across levels of Government’ organised by 15th Finance Commission in partnership with the World Bank, OECD, and ADB?
1) Antony Cyriac
2) Ravi Kota
4) Arvind Mehta
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) N.K.Singh
On 4th April 2019, a High-level discussion on “Fiscal Relations across levels of Government” was held by 15th Finance Commission under the chairmanship of Shri N. K. Singh in New Delhi.This discussion was organized in partnership with the World Bank, OECD (Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development), and ADB (Asian Development Bank).The Chairman discussed the four technical sessions in this meeting: Sub-national debt Transfer design incentives and fiscal equalization. Sub-national budget and Public financial management system Finances of third-tier of Government.In April 2018, the Commission had held separate workshops with the OECD and in July 2018 with the World Bank to discuss the initial thoughts and country experiences on the issues related to fiscal federalism and inter-governmental transfers.But the present discussions were based on the work being done by the World Bank, OECD, and ADB for the Commission and about the findings coming out of the research work and analysis done by their teams.
- Which city is set to host the NuGen Mobility Summit 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Manesar
The International Centre for Automotive Technology (ICAT) is organizing a NuGen Mobility Summit, 2019, at Manesar, NCR, from 27th to 29th November 2019. The objective of the Summit is to share new ideas, learnings, global experiences, innovations and future technology trends for faster adoption, assimilation and development of advanced automotive technologies for a smarter and greener future. This event will help in building a platform for bringing together all stakeholders in the automotive industry to understand global advancements in technologies. The Summit is being organized in association with SAENIS, SAE INDIA, SAE International, NATRiP, DIMTS, Department of Heavy Industry, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, SIAM and ACMA. More than 2500 participants and over 250 exhibitors are expected to take part in the Summit.
- Which Bank has signed agreement with Bharti Axa Life Insurance Company Ltd to sell its life insurance products?
1) Nainital Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
4) Karnataka Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Karnataka Bank
Karnataka Bank has signed a pact with Bharti Axa Life Insurance Company Ltd to distribute the latter’s life insurance products to provide insurance solutions to the customers of Karnataka Bank. The pact was signed at the head office of the Karnataka Bank by Bharti representatives of the Karnataka Bank and the Bharti Axa Life Insurance Company.This collaboration will facilitate wide choices of life insurance products to its customers across all its 836 branches of bank supported by the customer centric products of the insurance company.
- Which of the following became the first Indian stock exchanges to sign MoU with Moscow exchange(MOEX) to connect investor community and companies?
i. Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
ii. National Stock Exchange of India (NSE)
iii. NSE International Exchange
iv. India International Exchange (INX)
v. Magadh Stock Exchange
1) Option i & ii
2) Option i & iv
3) Option ii & iii
4) Option ii & v
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Option i & iv
BSE (earlier called Bombay Stock Exchange) and INX (India International Exchange) are the first Indian exchanges to sign MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) with MOEX (Moscow Exchange) in order to allow capital formation platform and connect investor community and companies in both India and Russia. BSE, INX and MOEX have accorded with the secondment of senior workforce to strengthen understanding of activities in each other’s market and to enhance the development of the communication channels. They will administer joint research in the areas of cross-listing of fixed income product cooperation, derivative products, dual listing and Exchange Traded Fund (ETF).On Wednesday, 3rd April 2019, the Mou was signed with MOEX CEO Alexander Afanasiev by Ashishkumar Chauhan , the Managing Director and CEO of BSE.The 3 exchange companies will use the India-Russia initiative to enlarge the client network and enhance professional intermediaries in both the home market and through cross-border.
- Which telecom company has granted with In-Flight Connectivity license from the Department of Telecommunications (DoT)?
1) Vodafone Idea Limited
2) Reliance Communications
3) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
4) Bharti Airtel Limited
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
On 4th April 2019, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has received the In-Flight Connectivity license from the Department of Telecommunications (DoT) for enabling in-flight and maritime connectivity (IFMC) within Indian airspace. BSNL and Inmarsat, which is the satellite partner of BSNL, also operates the GX Aviation service will be able to offer in-flight connectivity to airlines.With this facility users can send messages, surf the internet and/or tweet, when a flight is at a minimum height of 3,000m in Indian airspace. Presently any form of internet connectivity for both domestic and international flights is not available on Indian flights.After, this facility enabled, users will still have restricted amounts of data available for their uses, applicable for all airlines.
- Recently Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has signed 18 APAs,APA stands for?
1) Advance Pricing Agreement (APA)
2) Agreement on Pricing in Advance (APA)
3) Agreement on Pricing and Alternate tax (APA)
4) Agreement on Pricing and Advance tax(APA)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Advance Pricing Agreement (APA)
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) has entered into 18 APAs (Advance Pricing Agreements) inclusive of 03 Bilateral APAs (BAPAs) during the month of March 2019.The total number of APAs entered into by the CBDT in 2018-19 is 52, which is inclusive of 11 BAPAs. As of now, the number of APAs entered into by the CBDT is 271, which includes 31 BAPAs.In March 2019, the BAPAs entered into with following treaty partners:- Australia – 1 Netherlands – 1 USA – 1.The Unilateral APAs (UAPAs) and BAPAs which entered into March 2019 concern very many sectors and sub-sectors of the economy, namely, risk management solutions platforms, BPO, IT/ITeS, ATMs, industrial and institutional cleaning and hygiene products, anti-friction bearings.
- Which company will launch India’s first AI-enabled electric motorcycle?
1) Mahindra & Mahindra
2) Yamaha Motor Company
3) Enfield Cycle Co. Ltd
4) Revolt Intellicorp Pvt. Ltd.
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Revolt Intellicorp Pvt. Ltd.
Micromax co-founder Rahul Sharma has announced his incursion into smart mobility with the launching of an AI (Artificial intelligence) enabled electric motorcycle. This launch is expected to hit the roads by June this year.He has set up Revolt Intellicorp Pvt Ltd, headquartered at Gurugram, to make personal mobility practical, affordable and sustainable, earmarking around Rs 500 crore of investment.He has claimed that Revolt Intellicorp is going to be a game changer in the automobile industry.
- Name the bollywood actor,who was conferred with an honorary doctorate in Philanthropy by the University of Law, London recently.
1) Amitabh Bachchan
2) Shah Rukh Khan
3) Salman Khan
4) Aamir Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shah Rukh Khan
On 4th April, 2019, Eminent Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan was conferred with an honorary doctorate in Philanthropy by the University of Law, London. He was awarded this for his efforts to give back to society. He has received the merit during a graduation ceremony which had more than 350 students in attendance.Earlier, the actor was also conferred with honorary doctorates from the University of Bedfordshire and the University of Edinburgh.
- Who was appointed as the managing director of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Limited (IL&FS)?
1) Srinivasan Natarajan
2) Vineet Nayyar
3) Chandra Shekhar Rajan
4) Malini Shankar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Chandra Shekhar Rajan
On 3rd April 2019, the non-executive director of IL&FS (Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services), Chandra Shekhar Rajan has been appointed as managing director of IL&FS. He will succeed Vineet Nayyar, who will be the executive vice chairman.This decision was taken under the chairmanship of Uday Kotak at the board meeting.Bijay Kumar was appointed as deputy managing director.The total outstanding debt of IL&FS is Rs 94,216 crore, and out of this Rs 48,470 crore is in the four holding companies IL&FS, IL&FS Financial Services, IL&FS Energy Development Company Ltd and IL&FS Transportation Networks Ltd.
- Under which project, Indian Navy has initiated the process to build six lethal submarines worth over Rs.50000 crore?
1) Project – 75I
2) Project – 50I
3) Project – 06I
4) Project – 70I
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Project – 75I
Under the ambitious Project75-India, the Indian Navy desires to build 6 standard diesel-electric submarines. These submarines would be 50% massive in size than the Scorpene class submarines which are under-construction at the Mazagon Dockyards Limited. This would incur an overall cost of Rs. 50,000 crore. Since the maritime force needs the boats to have minimum 12 Land Attack Cruise Missiles (LACM) and Anti-Ship cruise missiles (ASCM), it wants the diesel-electric submarines to be furnished with heavy-duty firepower.The firepower required for these diesel-electric submarines is multiple times higher as compared to that of Scorpene.The main weapons of the Scorpene are: the heavyweight torpedoes and the Exocet surface to surface missiles.The submarines should have the ability to carry and launch 18 heavyweight torpedoes in the sea.The navy has commenced the tender process by issuing the draft to the foreign vendors and the probable Indian partners by first issuing the Expression of Interest (EoI) to the foreign vendors, then continuing the stance with the Indian partners.
- Which country has unveiled the world’s first nationwide 5G mobile networks?
4) South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) South Korea
South Korea has unveiled the world’s first nationwide 5G mobile networks. This has made South Korea to be the first providers of the super-fast wireless technology. Top 3 telecom providers namely SK Telecom, KT, and LG Uplus have began their 5G services on 3rd April.This 5G service will bring smartphones to instantaneous connectivity which will be 20 times faster than 4G. allowing users to download entire movies in less than a second.This service is important for the future development as it is expected to bring about $565 billion in global economic benefits by 2034.
- Researchers from Queen’s University Belfast and Aberystwyth University had used which telescoped during the study of magnetic field of the sun, which came out to be ten times stronger than previously thought?
1) Daniel K. Inouye Solar Telescope
2) 1-m Solar Telescope
3) Chinese Giant Solar Telescope
4) New Vacuum Solar Telescope (NVST)
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 1-m Solar Telescope
On 29th March 2019, the magnetic field of the sun is ten times stronger than previously thought according to a new study by the Queen’s University Belfast and Aberystwyth University.The Sun’s corona extends millions of kilometers above the surface about 1,400,000 kilometers across and 150,000,000 kilometers from Earth.For this research, the researchers use the Swedish 1-m Solar Telescope at Roque de los Muchachos Observatory, La Palma in the Canary Islands.This study can not only potentially change our understanding of the solar atmosphere but also its effects on Earth.This magnetic field has direct effects on Earth. It can affect terrestrial weather, magnetic compasses, GPS, and radio communications. Also, it can lead to an electromagnetic pulse event that could knock out the power grid of an entire continent.
- To which country Hayabusa2 spacecraft belongs, which recently dropped an explosive on asteroid for the first time to form a crater?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Japan
On 5th April, 2019, Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency, or JAXA has dropped an explosive from its Hayabusa2 spacecraft. It has successfully blasted the surface of an asteroid for the first time to form a crater.The mission has paved the way for the collection of underground samples for clues to the origin of the solar system.The Hayabusa2 has dropped a small explosive box which sent a copper ball the size of a baseball weighing 2 Kg into the asteroid.
- Which telescope was used to determine that, dark matter is not made up of tiny primordial black holes as stated by Stephen Hawking?
1) Hobby-Eberly Telescope
2) Subaru telescope
3) Large Binocular Telescope
4) Large Zenith Telescope
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Subaru telescope
An international research team including Dr. Surhud More and Dr. Anupreeta More from Inter-University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics (IUCAA), Pune has ruled out the possibility of primordial black holes being a major constituent of dark matter using Subaru telescope. This finding disproves a theoretical claim of Prof Stephen Hawking. In the solar system, Mercury, the planet closest to the Sun, takes just 88 days to make one revolution around the sun, while Neptune, the farthest one, takes 165 years to make one round. In like manner, laws of gravity expect us to see stars closer to the centre of galaxies rotating faster than the stars on the edge.
- Which village was tagged as India’s first carbon-positive settlement recently?
1) Phayeng, Manipur
2) Mawlynnong, Meghalaya
3) Saiha, Mizoram
4) Lunglei, Mizoram
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Phayeng, Manipur
On 1st April 2019, Phayeng, a scheduled caste village of the Chakpa community in Imphal West district of Manipur has been tagged as India’s first carbon-positive settlement.The village is surrounded by three densely forested hillocks with fruit trees at centre and a stream flowing through it.Also, it has been revived from the dry and denuded village through the sheer determination of its residents and funding under National Adaptation Fund for Climate Change (NAFCC), which is a central scheme launched in 2015-16 to support adaptation for climate change impact in various states.
- Where did palaeontologists, found a whale-with-four-legs, webbed feet and hooves of biological group “Achaeocetes”?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Peru
A 40 million-year-old fossil of a whale-with-four-legs, webbed feet and hooves has been excavated by palaeontologists from the marine sediments inland from Peru’s Pacific coast at Playa Media Luna.The whale belongs to a biological group of ancient sea mammals, termed as Achaeocetes. The 13 feet long mammal has been named as “Peregocetus pacificus”.It is believed to be the first ancestor of whales and dolphins to reach the Pacific Ocean after crossing the Atlantic. The findings have been published in the scientific journal Current Biology.Over the passage of time, whales have lost connection between their backbone and hind legs, which again through evolutionary transformation have led to their losing of their hind legs completely.
- What is the rank of India in the FIFA(Federation Internationale de Football Association)ranking 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 101
On 4th April 2019, in the latest release of FIFA (The Federation Internationale de Football Association) world football rankings, Belgium has edged the World Cup winners France to retain at the first rank.Meanwhile, Indian football team also mounted two places to rank at 101. With 1219 total ranking points, the Indian team lies 18th among the Asian countries while Iran has topped it.Belgium has been followed by France, Brazil, England and Croatia at 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th position respectively.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Kundan: Saigal’s Life & Music’?
1) Ruskin Bond
2) Aravind Adiga
3) Sharad Dutt
4) Salman Rushdie
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Sharad Dutt
“Kundan: Saigal’s Life & Music”, book authored by documentary filmmaker and former DDG of Doordarshan Sharad Dutt was released on 4th April, on the 115th birth anniversary of Saigal.The book has been transcreated in English by Jyoti Sabharwal of Stellar Publishers.Sharad Dutt won the National Award (Swarna Kamal for best book on cinema) in 2005 for the original book in Hindi.Kundanlal Saigal was an Indian singer and actor who is considered the first superstar of the Hindi film industry.
- What was the theme of the 56th edition of National Maritime day observed on 5th April,2019?
1) Theme – “Indian Ocean- An Ocean of Opportunity”
2) Theme – “The Scourge of Plastic Pollution”
3) Theme – “Preventing Plastic Pollution for a Healthy Ocean”
4) Theme – “Together we can protect and restore our ocean”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Indian Ocean- An Ocean of Opportunity”
On 5th April, 2019, India celebrated 56th edition of National Maritime day to support the global economy as the most well-organized, safe and sound environmentally responsive approach of transporting goods from one corner to another corner of the world. The theme of the National Maritime Day 2019 celebrations is “Indian Ocean- An Ocean of Opportunity”. It was first celebrated on 5th April, 1964.In 2018, the Central Committee of the National Maritime has instituted “Varuna Award” the highest award in the field of maritime.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Who is the CEO of Karnataka Bank?Mahabaleshwara M.S.
- What is the Capital and Currency of USA?Capital: Washington, D.C. & Currency: US Dollar
- Who is the President of South Korea?Moon Jae-in
- Keibul Lamjao National Park is located in which state?Manipur
- What is the capital of Peru?Lima
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification