AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 30 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs April 30 2019
- Who will be the head of the Defence Cyber Agency (DCA), which is set to be operational soon?
1) Rear Admiral G. S. Pabby
2) Rear Admiral M. S. Pawar
3) Rear Admiral Mohit Gupta
4) Rear Admiral G. Ashok Kumar,
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rear Admiral Mohit Gupta
Ministry of Defence (MoD) is expecting to raise a Defence Cyber Agency (DCA) by May to tackle non-civilian cyber issues arise from China and Pakistan, including safeguarding critical infrastructure. Rear Admiral Mohit Gupta, Senior Navy officer will be the first head of this agency, headquartered in New Delhi.As per the clearance given by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in 2018, two more agencies are under construction namely, Defence Space Agency and Special Forces Agency.The Special Forces agency would be headed by a Major General rank officer of the Army and is likely to come up at Agra.
- Where was the ADMM-Plus Maritime Security Field Training Exercise (FTX) held?
1) Shanghai, China
2) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
3) Beijing, China
4) Busan, South Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Busan, South Korea
ADMM-PLUS (ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting) Busan, South Korea.The ships will depart on 1st May, 2019, after which they are scheduled to join a maritime security exercise with the participating navies. After the completion of this exercise, the warships will sail to Singapore to celebrate the closing ceremony of the ADMM-Plus exercise.
- Name the Indian Naval Ship(INS) that has accompanied INS Kolkata for participating in ADMM-Plus Maritime Security Field Training Exercise (FTX).
1) INS Shakti
2) INS Sumitra
3) INS Sukanya
4) INS Sharada
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) INS Shakti
INS Kolkata and INS Shakti arrived at Busan, South Korea to participate in ADMM-PLUS (ASEAN Defence Ministers’ Meeting). Indian Navy’s 2 warships, INS Kolkata and INS Shakti had gone to Qingdao in China to participate in the International Fleet Review (IFR), which is an international maritime parade organised off the coast of China. It is celebrated to commemorate the 70th anniversary of the founding of the Chinese Navy.After participating in the parade, the 2 warships, INS Kolkata and INS Shakti reached Busan, South Korean port city on a 5-day visit as part of a deployment of the Eastern Fleet to the South China Sea. The deployment was regarding demonstration of Act East policy of India and the Indian Navy’s rising footprint and operational reach.
- Which think tank has recently predicted that the Military Expenditure of India grew by 3.1% to reach $66.5 billion?
1) Peace Research Institute Oslo
2) Center for Strategic and International Studies
3) Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
4) NITI Aayog
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
According to the report from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), a think-tank, shows that military expenditure has increased for the 2nd consecutive year to the highest level since 1988 and is 76% higher than it was in 1998. In this total share, India, United States, China, Saudi Arabia and France altogether contributed to 60% per cent of the amount, with US and China being the 2 biggest spenders.
- According to Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) report, which country became the world’s biggest Military Spender in 2018?
2) Saudi Arabia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) US
The United States which retains its title as the world’s biggest military spender — raised its spending for the first time in seven years to $649 billion in 2018. The US spent almost as much on defense in 2018. The US’ military spending increased for the 1st time since 2010, by hiking by 4.6% to reach 649 $ billion in 2018. The report also notified that the US’ expenditure comprises 36% of global military spending and is almost equal to the combined expenditure of the next 8 largest spending countries together.China’s expenditure has risen for the 24th consecutive year to hike by 5% more to reach $250 billion, thus representing 14% of the world’s military expenditure. This amount is 10 times higher than the amount spent by Beijing in 1994.
- Military expenditure of the world rise by what percent to reach 1.82 $ trillion in 2018, as per the report from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 2.6%
According to the report from the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), a think-tank, the world’s military expenditure has risen by 2.6% to reach 1.82 $ trillion in 2018. This shows that military expenditure has increased for the 2nd consecutive year to the highest level since 1988 and is 76% higher than it was in 1998. In this total share, India, United States, China, Saudi Arabia and France altogether contributed to 60% per cent of the amount, with US and China being the 2 biggest spenders.
- Which Indian e-commerce payment system and digital wallet company has launched a new option of recurring payments for its merchants?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Paytm
On 29th April 2019, Noida-based e-commerce payment system and digital wallet company, Paytm launched a new option of recurring payments for its merchants.Recently it also started its own subscription business at an annual fee of Rs 750 where consumers pay at regular intervals.Consumers can opt for recurring payments from Paytm wallet, also from their bank accounts, debit cards, credit cards, net banking and more.So, if the Paytm customer doesn’t have money in their wallet, the recurring payment can be deducted directly from the bank account or credit card.
- Name the General Insurance company which has collaborated with Wishfin insurance to become the first company to sell 2-wheeler policies via WhatsApp.
1) Bharti AXA General Insurance
2) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
3) National Insurance Company Limited
4) SBI General Insurance Company Ltd
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bharti AXA General Insurance
Bharti AXA General Insurance, the first company in the domestic non-life insurance industry has collaborated with web aggregator, Wishfin Insurance to sell 2-wheeler policies via social media messaging platform, WhatsApp. Bharti AXA General Insurance. Bharti AXA General Insurance is a joint partnership between Bharti Enterprises and AXA, global insurance firm. It will sell the policies on Wishfin’s insurance arm, Wishpolicy’s website.Wishfin has launched ‘Buy Two-Wheeler Insurance on WhatsApp’ (that is available on Wishpolicy’s website) through Wishfin Insurance. This policy is an instant, effortless and additional customer service option avaiable for the policyholders.
- What is the revised GDP growth of India for the financial year 2019-20, as per India Ratings and Research company ?
3) 7.3 %
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 7.3 %
India’s GDP growth projection for 2019-20 lowered to 7.3 percent by India Ratings and Research, a Fitch Group company, due to below normal monsoon prediction, continued agrarian distress and loss of momentum in industrial output. The earlier projected GDP growth was 7.5 percent.Other reason for lowered growth projection is slow progress on cases referred to the National Company Law Tribunal under Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016.Investment Expenditure Growth which is measured by gross fixed capital formation (GFCF) has also been downgraded to 9.2 percent from the earlier forecast of 10.3 percent for the year 2019-20, is another reason cited for lowering the growth forecast.
- Which industry body has released a report titled “Cyber Insurance in India- Mitigating Risks amid Changing Regulations and Uncertainties” stating that the Indian cyber insurance market grew by 40% in the year 2018?
1) Centre for Internet and Society
2) Data Security Council of India (DSCI)
3) Cloud Security Alliance
4) Internet and Mobile Association of India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Data Security Council of India (DSCI)
A report titled ‘Cyber Insurance in India- Mitigating Risks amid Changing Regulations and Uncertainties‘ by Data Security Council of India (DSCI) stated that cyber insurance market is gradually gaining momentum in India as cyber-theft has increased substantially to become one of the most prominent threats to the corporates’ operations. The report broadly offers market insights on the stances in cyber insurance with its prime objective to increase awareness and help evaluate a cyber insurance policy effectively.Data from the report showed that between 2016 and 2018, India ranked as the 2nd most affected country from cyber-threats. 350 cyber insurance policies were bought by Indian corporates in 2018 as compared to 250 in 2017, which marks a 40% hike in the sale of these policies.
- Which life insurance company, has been named in Forbes’ inaugural Blockchain 50 List for its world’s first, Vitana experiment automated insurance solution using blockchain technology?
2) New York Life
3) Prudential Financial
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) MetLife
Life insurance company, MetLife has been named in Forbes’ inaugural Blockchain 50 List for its Vitana experiment, world’s first, automated insurance solution using blockchain technology was launched in August 2019 by LumenLab, MetLife’s Asia innovation center in Singapore.Forbe’sblockchain list the first-ever ranking of the top 50 organizations that are leading the pack in regard to adapting decentralized ledgers to their business.Vitana Solution offers pregnant women financial protection in case of gestational diabetes– a condition affecting up to one in five expectant mothers in Singapore.Vitana securely connects to customers’ electronic medical records via their mobile device to dispense a policy within minutes.If the customer’s consultant reports a positive diagnosis in her medical records, Vitana will trigger an automatic payout, without the customer needing to make a claim.
- Who has become the first Manchester City player to win the Football Writers’ Association (FWA) Footballer of the Year 2019?
1) Raheem Sterling
2) David de Gea
3) Marcus Rashford
4) Lee Grant
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Raheem Sterling
England national team player and Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling has been named as the Football Writers’ Association (FWA) Footballer of the Year 2019. He topped the poll of the 400-strong FWA membership with 62 percent of the votes and defeated Liverpool defender Virgil Van Dijk. Manchester City Forward.England and Manchester City’s player Nikita Parris won the FWA’s Women’s footballer of the year 2019 award.With this win, Sterling became the first Manchester City player to win the football’s oldest individual award.Sterling earned praise for his courageous stance against racism in the game.
- Name the Air Marshall, who was appointed as the Vice chief of the Air Staff after resignation of Air Marshal Anil Khosla.
1) Arup Raha
2) Norman Anil Kumar Browne
3) Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
4) Pradeep Vasant Naik
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
On 30th April 2019, Air Marshal Anil Khosla PVSM AVSM VM ADC, Vice Chief of the Air Staff retired after four-decade of career span.WhileAir Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria will take over as the Vice Chief of Indian Air Force on May 1. Air Marshal Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria.Bhadauria is at present heading IAF’s Bengaluru-based Training Command and he had served as the Deputy Chief. He was also the chairman of the Indian negotiating team for the 36 Rafale combat aircraft deal with France.In 15 June 1980, Bhadauria was commissioned into the fighter stream of the Air Force with the Sword of Honour.He had decorated important positions such as Commandant of the National Defence Academy, Senior Air Staff Officer at the Central Air Command and Deputy Chief of the Air Staff from January 2016 to February 28, 2017, and Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief (AOC-in-C), Southern Air Command from March 1, 2017.
- Who was appointed as the officer on Special Duty (OSD) in office of Lokpal?
1) Govind Prasad Mathur
2) Dilip Kumar
3) J.S. Verma
4) Shivaraj V. Patil
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Dilip Kumar
According to an order issued by the Personnel Ministry, Dilip Kumar, senior IAS (Indian Administrative Office) officer has been appointed in the office of Lokpal as the Officer on Special Duty (OSD) for a period of six months on additional charge basis or till a new incumbent joins the post.Dilip Kumar presently the joint secretary of the National Human Rights Commission was a 1995-batch IAS officer of Punjab cadre.On 23rd March 2019, President Ram Nath Kovind administered the oath of office to the chairperson of Lokpal, Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose.Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose retired from Supreme Court in May 2017, after which he served as a member of the NHRC before taking over as the Lokpal chief.
- Which country launched two Tianhui II-01 satellites for scientific experiments, land resource and geographic survey, and mapping?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) China
China launched two Tianhui II-01 satellites from Taiyuan Satellite Launch Centre, also known as Base 25. The purpose of the satellite is to perform scientific experiments, land resource and geographic survey, and mapping. The satellites were launched by a Long March 4B carrier rocket also known as Chang Zheng 4B. This was the 303rd successful mission of the Long March series carrier rocket.
- Name the digital payments platform, that became the first company to launch a special keyboard that will allow users to do transactions easily and securely using Android Mobile Phone.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) PhonePe
Flipkart-owned PhonePe, digital payments platform having over 150 million users in India is the first company to launch a special keyboard that will allow users to do transactions easily and securely while using their Android phone. The transactions include sending and requesting money, checking account balance and inviting friends and family to explore the PhonePe platform and use cases on any phone where a keyboard is required. PhonePe’s keyboard aids in money transfer as well as offers the full functionality of a keyboard. The PhonePe’s keyboard can be set up in 3 steps: Open the profile section on the PhonePe app and navigate to the User profile menu. User Profile menu lies in the top left corner of the PhonePe app. The user needs to scroll down to find a new option named ‘Setup PhonePe Keyboard’. click on ‘Setup PhonePe Keyboard’, then select and enable the PhonePe keyboard. the user then needs to click on the PhonePe logo displayed on the keyboard to begin the transactions.
- Which intergovernmental organization has released a report titled “No Time to Wait: Securing the future from drug-resistant infections”, stating that if no action is taken, by 2050, drug-resistant diseases could cause 10 million deaths?
1) World Bank
2) World Health Organization
3) United Nations
4) North Atlantic Treaty Organization
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) United Nations
According to a report, by UN Ad hoc Interagency Coordinating Group on Antimicrobial Resistance, if no action is taken, by 2050, drug-resistant diseases could cause 10 million deaths every year which would in turn cause damage to the economy much like the 2008-2009 global financial crisis. The title of the report is “No Time to Wait: Securing the future from drug-resistant infections”. It also stated that by 2030, antimicrobial resistance could lead 24 million people to live in extreme poverty. Antimicrobial resistance is an already rising issue in India and an estimated 7,00,000 deaths occur annually from antibiotic-resistant infections in low- and middle-income nations which is inclusive of 2,30,000 deaths from multidrug-resistant TB (tuberculosis).Common diseases, namely, respiratory tract infections, sexually transmitted infections and urinary tract infections, are becoming untreatable and lifesaving medical procedures are becoming much riskier.
- Where was the 2019 ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup held recently?
1) Munich, Germany
2) New Delhi, India
3) Beijing, China
4) Jakarta, Indonesia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Beijing, China
The 2019 ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup was held in Beijing, China from 21 to 29 April. This event was the annual edition of the ISSF World Cup in the Olympic Shooting events and governed by International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF). This World Cup series was also the qualification tournaments for the 2020 Tokyo Olympic. India won 4 medals which include 3 gold and 1 silver, finished first in the tournament.
- Which country topped the medal tally of 2019 ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup that held in Beijing, China?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) India
The 2019 ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup was held in Beijing, China from 21 to 29 April. This event was the annual edition of the ISSF World Cup in the Olympic Shooting events and governed by International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF).
Top 3 Countries in Medal Tally
Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total 1 India 3 1 0 4 2 China 2 2 1 5 3 Russia 1 3 3 7
- Who won gold medal in 10m Air Pistol in 2019 ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup and secured India’s 5th Olympic Quota?
1) Heena Sidhu
2) Mehuli Ghosh
3) Manu Bhaker
4) Abhishek Verma
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Abhishek Verma
Asian Games bronze medallist Abhishek Verma won India’s third gold medal in 10m Air Pistol in 2019 ISSF Rifle/Pistol World Cup was held in Beijing, China, with a total score of 242.7. In shooting, Abhishek Verma secured India’s 5th Olympic Quota in 10m Air Pistol.
- Which country hosted the Asian Weightlifting Championships 2019 recently?
1) Munich, Germany
2) Moscow, Russia
3) Ningbo, China
4) Jakarta, Indonesia
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Ningbo, China
The Asian Weightlifting Championships 2019 was held in Ningbo, China from April 20 to April 28, 2019. It was the 48th edition of men’s and 29th edition of women’s championship. There were 214 athletes from 27 nations participated in the tournament. India won 5 medals which include 3 silver and 2 bronze medals and finished at tenth place in the tournament.
- Jeremy Lalrinnunga was in news recently,he belongs to which sport?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Weightlifting
Youth Olympic Gold medallist Jeremy Lalrinnunga competing in group B of the 67-kg men’s event in Asian Weightlifting Championships 2019. He claimed three world marks and smashed the Youth World and Asian Records in the snatch, clean and jerk. He lifted a total weight of 297 kg. He broke six international records and nine national records.
- Where was the Asian Road Para-Cycling Championships 2019 held recently?
1) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
2) Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
3) Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan
4) Dushanbe, Tajikistan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Asian Road Para-Cycling Championships 2019 was held in Tashkent, Uzbekistan from April 23 to April 28, 2019, and a total of twenty-eight countries took part. Indian para cyclists won a silver and two bronze medals. Divij Shah has clinched his third consecutive silver medal in the C5 category.GurlalSingh, Asian Para Games bronze medallist, became the only Indian cyclist (able-bodied or otherwise) to win a medal at the Asian Games level grabbed a bronze in the C4 section.Sudhakar Marathe, a Hand cyclist from Maharashtra has claimed bronze for India in H5 category.
- Who has become the first Indian to break into top-25 of International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Rankings?
1) Yuki Bhambri
2) Rohan Bopanna
3) Leander Paes
4) Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sathiyan Gnanasekaran
On 29th April 2019, 26 years old India’s Table Tennis player Sathiyan Gnanasekaran became the first Indian to break into the world’s top 25 of the latest International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) Rankings.Earlier he ranked 28th and now moved four places up to occupy the 24th position.He was the only Indian to reach the round of 32 in the World Championships in Hungary.Sharath Kamal Achanta is the only other Indian beside him in the top 50 position who is now 46th place in the list.
- Name the deceased director, who was the first African American and the youngest-ever film-maker nominated in Oscar Awards.
1) Denise LaSalle
2) Frankie Muse Freeman
3) John Singleton
4) Edwin Hawkins
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) John Singleton
On 29th April 2019, Boyz n the Hood director John Singleton, who was the first African American and the youngest-ever film-maker to be nominated for the best director Oscar, passed away at the age of 51 after suffering from hypertension. He was born on 6th January 1968 in Los Angeles, California, U.S.In 1991, he released the Boyz n the Hood film which reflected his own background growing up in South Central Los Angeles.
- Who was the author of the biography of diplomat-politician V K Krishna Menon titled “Chequered Brilliance: The Many Lives of V K Krishna Menon”?
1) Ruskin Bond
2) Jairam Ramesh
3) Arundhati Roy
4) Salman Rushdie
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Jairam Ramesh
A biography of Indian nationalist, diplomat, and politician V K Krishna Menon, titled “Chequered Brilliance: The Many Lives of V K Krishna Menon” has been written by Former union minister and writer Jairam Ramesh. This book will be released in the first quarter of 2020.This book will be published by Penguin Random House India.The book will narrate Menon’s early life, moving through his agitational career in the UK for a quarter of a century. This book also contains his political and diplomatic innings from 1947 to 1974, culminating in his resignation as the country’s defence minister in November 1962.
- International Jazz Day is observed globally on __________?
1) 30th April
2) 29th April
3) 28th April
4) 27th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 30th April
International Jazz Day was observed on 30th April 2019, globally, to recognize jazz and its diplomatic role in uniting people. The day was designated in 2011 by UNESCO. Jazz Day is chaired by Audrey Azoulay, Director general of the UNESCO along with UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador Herbert Jeffrey Hancock.Hancock is an American pianist, keyboardist, bandleader, composer, and actor. 2019 edition of International Jazz Day was launched in Australia. As a part of the celebrations, on 29 and 30 April, community service initiatives, education programmes and a wide range of jazz performances were presented in partnership with the Melbourne Conservatorium, University of Melbourne, featuring more than a dozen celebrated jazz masters.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of South Korea?Capital: Seoul & Currency: South Korean won
- Who is the president of Asian Weightlifting Federation?Mohamed Yousef Al Mana
- Where is the headquarter of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) located?New Delhi
- Who is the president of Uzbekistan?Shavkat Mirziyoyev
- Where is the headquarter of International Shooting Sport Federation (ISSF) located?Munich, Germany
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification