AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 29 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which economic corridor was excluded from the Belt and Road Forum (BRF) recently?
1) China-Myanmar Economic Corridor (CMEC)
2) China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)
3) Nepal-China-India Economic Corridor(NCIEC)
4) Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar (BCIM) Economic Corridor
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar (BCIM) Economic Corridor
The report titled, ‘The Belt and Road Initiative Progress, Contributions and Prospects’ released by the Leading Group for Promoting the Belt and Road Initiative had previously listed the BCIM as a BRI project. But, owing to the fact that India had skipped the Belt and Road Forum (BRF), the Bangladesh-China-India-Myanmar (BCIM) economic corridor ran the possibility to be excluded from the list of projects under the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) umbrella. The BRI is a major initiative speared by China to reconstruct the ancient Silk Road connectivity across Eurasia and Africa.This has come to limelight after a document attached with the Joint Communique of the Leaders’ Roundtable of the BRF that concluded in Beijing, the website did not list the BCIM as a project under the BRI.
- Name the Organisation, which has recently released the 2019 Global Food Policy Report (GFPR).
1) International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
2) Food and Agriculture Organization(FAO)
3) International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics
4) World Food Programme
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
On 27th April 2019, according to the 2019 Global Food Policy Report (GFPR), rural areas continue to be in a state of crisis and threatening to slow the progress toward the Sustainable Development Goals, global climate targets, and improved food and nutrition security due to hunger, malnutrition, poverty, environmental degradation. 821 mn people in the world are facing chronic food deprivation.The report was prepared by the Washington DC-based International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI). Rural transformation and revitalization have been the pre-eminent goal of India’s development efforts since independence, according to the report.
- Reserve Bank of India(RBI) has recently proposed the rules on opening and processing which account of corporate borrowers to prevent diversion of funds?
1) Recurring Deposit Account
2) Current Account
3) Deposit account
4) Fixed Deposit Account
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Current Account
India’s Central Bank, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) would tighten rules on opening and operating current accounts of corporate borrowers to prevent the diversion of funds. RBI had notified that the banks with collection accounts will have to transfer funds to the current account and the current accounts could be opened only with the lead bank of a lending association.The rules would be applicable to corporates who have borrowed and used credit facilities of more than Rs 50 crore from the banking system.Customers using credit facility of Rs 5 to Rs 50 crore can also open current accounts with any bank, even if it is not the consortium’s leading bank (which is not a consortium leader). But only collection accounts can be run with non-lending banks.
- Who became the first Indian Wrestler, invited by the American governing body to fight at New York’s Iconic Madison Square Garden?
1) Yogeshwar Dutt
2) Sushil Kumar
3) Bajrang Punia
4) Saurav Gurjar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bajrang Punia
On 27th April 2019, 25 years old Indian wrestler Bajrang Punia became the first Indian wrestler to fight at New York’s iconic Madison Square Garden. He won the gold medal at the 65kg men’s freestyle wrestling at the recent Asian Championships.He is the first Indian wrestler to be invited by the American governing body and will take part in the “Grapple at the Garden — Beat the Streets” fight night, which will be held on 6th May 2019.He also won eight gold medals from his previous nine international tournaments including last year’s Commonwealth and Asian Games and presently holds World No.1 title in the 65-kg weight category.
- Name the Indian golfer, who has been awarded with “Outstanding achievement as a player award for the year 2019” at the 4th Edition of the annual India Golf Industry Association (GIA) .
1) Arjun Atwal
2) Jyoti Randhawa
3) Anirban Lahiri
4) Gaganjeet Bhullar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Gaganjeet Bhullar
On 26th April 2019, Indian Professional Golfer, Gaganjeet Bhullar has been awarded outstanding achievement as a player award at the 4th Edition of the annual India Golf Industry Association (GIA) award for the year 2019 at the Delhi Golf Club. The GIA awards were held along with 8th edition of South Asia’s largest trade show, India Golf & Turf Expo (IGTE).31-year-old Bhullar was awarded Arjuna Award in 2013. Bhullar became the youngest golfer on the Asian Tour to achieve nine career victories on tour. He had won Fiji international in 2018.Vijay Divech and former Arjuna Awardee Nonita Lal Qureshi received for their contribution to Golf coaching.Naya Raipur Development Authority received ‘First 18 Holes International Standard Golf Course Development by a Smart City in India’.Best New Nine-Hole Golf course’ awards, was given to Eco Park, Kolkata.The Royal Calcutta Golf Club won the ‘Best Member Engagement Programme’ award for its successful Royal Premier Golf League.
- Who led the team of scientists at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi to develope the ultrasensitive quantum thermometer by using graphene quantum dots?
1) Saikh S. Islam
2) Tokeer Ahmad
3) Arshad Khan
4) Manoj Kumar Jena
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Saikh S. Islam
On 27th April 2019, Researchers at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, have developed an ultrasensitive quantum thermometer by using graphene quantum dots. It can precisely measure a wide range of temperature from 27 degree C to –196 degree C.It has high sensitivity in different temperatures and can measure every little (micro Kelvin) changes in temperature and has an extremely quick response time of just about 300 milliseconds.The team led by Saikh S. Islam, Director of the Centre for Nanoscience and Nanotechnology developed the thermometer.The results of the study were published in the journal Nanoscale Advances.
- Researchers from which institute, used a multi-lingual Optical Character Recognition (OCR) scheme to develop a method for reading documents in Bharati script?
1) IIT Roorkee
2) IIT Madras
3) IIT Delhi
4) IIT Kanpur
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IIT Madras
The research team from IIT Madras has used a multi-lingual Optical Character Recognition (OCR) scheme to develop a method for reading documents in Bharati script. The researchers have also developed a finger-spelling method that can be used by hearing-impaired persons to generate sign language, in collaboration with TCS Mumbai.The Bharati script is a conglomeration of 9 Indian languages, namely, Devnagari, Bengali, Gurmukhi, Gujarati, Oriya, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Tamil. In the last 10 years, Professor V. Srinivasa Chakravarthy’s research team at IIT Madras has worked on developing this script.The OCR scheme first segments the document into 2 parts, text and non-text. After this, the text is separated into paragraphs, sentences words and letters, where every letter is recognised as a character in ASCII (American Standard Code for Information Interchange) or Unicode. The letter again has several components, namely, the basic consonant, consonant modifiers, vowels.
- Where was the Asian Wrestling Championship 2019 held?
1) Beijing, China
2) Jakarta, Indonesia
3) New Delhi, India
4) Xi’an, China
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Xi’an, China
The Asian Wrestling Championship 2019 was held in Xi’an, China from April 23 to April 28, 2019. India won 16 medals which include 1 gold, 3 silver and 4 bronze by men’s freestyle wrestlers, 3 silver and 1 bronze by men’s Greco-Roman wrestlers and 4 bronze won by women’s freestyle wrestlers. India ranked 8th place in the tournament and the first three countries ranked in the tournament were Iran followed by China and Japan
- Name the Indian wrestler, who won the gold medal in Asian Wrestling Championship 2019 after defeating Kazakhstan’s Sayatbek Okassov in 65-kg Category.
1) Sunil Kumar
2) Vicky Chahar
3) Bajrang Punia
4) Gurpreet Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Bajrang Punia
A 25-year old Bajrang Punia, from Haryana defeated Kazakhstan’s Sayatbek Okassov by 12-7 in 65 kg men’s free style.This was India’s fifth medal and the only gold medal in Asian Wrestling Championship 2019.Previously, Punia won gold medal in Asian Wrestling Championship 2017 and bronze medal in 2018.
- Which country topped the medal tally by winning 11 gold and 6 Bronze medals in Asian Wrestling Championship 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Iran
The Asian Wrestling Championship 2019 was held in Xi’an, China from April 23 to April 28, 2019. India won 16 medals which include 1 gold, 3 silver and 4 bronze by men’s freestyle wrestlers, 3 silver and 1 bronze by men’s Greco-Roman wrestlers and 4 bronze won by women’s freestyle wrestlers.
Top 5 Countries in Medal Tally
Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total 1 Iran 11 0 6 17 2 China 5 5 6 16 3 Japan 4 7 6 17 4 Uzbekistan 2 3 5 10 5 Kazakhstan 2 2 12 16
- Which country topped the medal tally in 39th edition of Badminton Asia Championship or Badminton Asia Championship 2019?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Japan
The 39th edition of Badminton Asia Championship 2019 was held from 23 to 28 April 2019 at the Wuhan Sports Center Gymnasium in Wuhan, China. This tournament was hosted by the Chinese Badminton Association, sanctioned from the Badminton Asia. The prize money for the event was USD 400,000. Japan won 6 medals which include 3 gold, 1 silver and 2 bronze medal and topped the medal tally.
- Who was the first Japanese Badminton player, to win women’s singles title at Badminton Asia Championship 2019?
1) Wakana Nagahara
2) Akane Yamaguchi
3) Mayu Matsumoto
4) Megumi Yokoyama
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Akane Yamaguchi
Akane Yamaguchi became first Japanese woman to win singles title at Badminton Asia Championship after defeating China’s He Bingjiao by 21-19, 21-9 in the final. This was her 11thtitle of the career and the second title of this year.
S.No. Event Winner Runner 1. Men’s Single Kento Momota (Japan) Shi Yuqi (China) 2. Women’s Single Akane Yamaguchi (Japan) He Bingjiao (China) 3. Men’s Doubles Hiroyuki Endo (Japan)
Yuta Watanabe (Japan)
Marcus Fernaldi Gideon (Indonesia)
Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo (Indonesia)
4. Women’s Doubles Chen Qingchen (China)
Jia Yifan (China)
Mayu Matsumoto (Japan)
Wakana Nagahara (Japan)
5. Mixed Doubles Wang Yilu (China)
Huang Dongping (China)
He Jiting (China)
Du Yue (China)
- Nitendra Singh Rawat was in news recently,he belongs to which sport?
4) Half marathon
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Marathon
On 28th April 2019, Indian marathon runner, Nitendra Singh Rawat finished 27th in 2 hours 15 minutes and 59 seconds in the men’s Elite race of prestigious Virgin Money London Marathon 2019 at London, UK which was won by Eliud Kipchoge of Kenya for record fourth time.This was the fourth fastest in his career and his second fastest time in this season.The 32-year-old Rawat has qualified for the World Championships to be held in Doha in September-October.
- Who won the Women’s singles title in the 42nd edition of Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, that held in Porsche Arena in Stuttgart, Germany?
1) Anna-Lena Friedsam
2) Anett Kontaveit
3) Petra Kvitova
4) Mona Barthel
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Petra Kvitova
The 42-edition of Porsche Tennis Grand Prix was held in Porsche Arena in Stuttgart, Germany from April 22 to April 28, 2019.The prize money for the event was $8,86,077. Kvitova beat Kontaveit to win maiden Stuttgart title.A world number three Czech tennis player, Petra Kvitova beat Estonian Anett Kontaveit by 6-3, 7-6 (2) to win Stuttgart’s Porsche Grand Prix 2019 in women’s single.The 29-year old Kvitova, two-time Wimbledon Champion, won her second title of the year after Sydney in January 2019. Germany’s Mona Barthel & Anna-Lena Friedsam won women’s doubles A 28-year old Mona Barthel and a 25-year old Anna-Lena Friedsam, both from Germany defeated Russian player Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Czech player Lucie Safarova in the women’s double final by 2-6, 6-3 and 10-6.
- Valtteri Bottas of team Mercedes, won Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019 held in Baku, Azerbaijan.He hails from which country?
3) United Kingdom
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Finland
On 28th April 2019, Valtteri Viktor Bottas (Finland) of Mercedes captured Formula 1 State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) Azerbaijan Grand Prix 2019 by beating Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton at the Baku City Circuit in Baku, Azerbaijan. Bottas finished the race 1.5 seconds ahead of Hamilton. Valtteri Bottasi. Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari finished with 3rd position and Max Verstappen of Red Bull gained 4th position.Bottas has acquired87 points, Hamilton 86 and Vettel has 52.
- Pungam Kannan who was titled as ‘Pele of Asia’ passed away recently.He belongs to which field Sport?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Football
Pungam Kannan, former India’s ace footballer passed away at the age of 80 after suffering from prolonged illness. He was also facing huge financial crisis before his death.P. Kannan was born in Vandavasi, Tamil Nadu.The esteemed German coach, Dettmar Cramer had given Kannan the title of ‘Pele of Asia’ in 1968 when he was invited by the AIFF (All India Football Federation) to conduct 2-week coaching in Mumbai.The ace footballer played 14 matches for India, represented Universal RC for 4 years in the Chennai Football Association (CFA) senior division league.Kannan was part of Mohun Bagan (8 years) as well as East Bengal (2 years) and won the Santosh Trophy for West Bengal two times simultaneously from 1971 to73 and also turned out to be the top-scorer.
- Name the deceased playwright, who won Tony Award and the Olivier Award for writing ‘Children of a Lesser God’.
1) Arthur Miller
2) Mark Medoff
3) Ntozake Shange
4) Neil Simon
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mark Medoff
On 23rd April 2019, Olivier and Tony awards winner for writing ‘Children of a Lesser God’, Mark Medoff passed away at the age of 79 at Mesilla Valley Hospice in Las Cruces, New Mexico after a prolonged battle with multiple myeloma, cancer, and renal failure. The screen adaptation of “Children of a Lesser God” earned an Oscar nomination. He was born on 18th March 1940 in Mount Carmel, Illinois, United States.‘Children of a Lesser God’ won the 1980 Tony award for Best Play which was about the tale of a love affair between a speech teacher and a deaf woman who struggle to overcome the communications gap.
- Who is the author of the book titled “Politics of Jugaad: The Coalition Handbook” which speaks about the possibility of coalition government after the 2019 Lok Sabha polls?
1) Amitav Ghosh
2) Vikram Seth
3) Saba Naqvi
4) Anita Desai
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Saba Naqvi
Journalist Saba Naqvi has composed a book named “Politics of Jugaad: The Coalition Handbook” in which she examines the possibility of a coalition government after the 2019 Lok Sabha polls. The book discusses the nature of transformation in Indian political parties and their role in present times.The author, Saba Naqvi is a well-known journalist and political analyst in India. She has authored other books, namely, ‘In Good Faith’ (2012), ‘Capital Conquest’ (2015), and ‘Shades of Saffron’ (2018).
- What was the theme of the World Veterinary Day 2019?
1) Theme – ‘Antimicrobial resistance – from awareness to action’
2) Theme – ‘Continuing Education with a One Health Focus’
3) Theme – ‘Vector born diseases with zoonotic potential’
4) Theme – ‘Value of Vaccination’
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme – ‘Value of Vaccination’
World Veterinary Day was observed on 27th April 2019 to promote the veterinary profession all over the world. The theme for this year was ‘Value of Vaccination’.This Day was established in 2000 by the World Veterinary Association(WVA) and it has been observed on the last Saturday in April since 2001.As a part of celebrations, every year WVA co-host the World Veterinary Day Award with the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) which honours one WVA Member’s activities related to the theme.
- International Dance Day is observed annually on ____________?
1) 29th April
2) 28th April
3) 27th April
4) 26th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 29th April
International Dance Day, also called Dance day was observed on 29th April 2019 entire the world to attract the attention of the wider public to the art of dance. The theme for this year is “Dance and Spirituality”. Jean Georges Noverre‘s birthday was chosen as the date of World dance day. He is a French dancer and ballet master and a great reformer of dance who born in 1727. ii. This Day was established in 1982 by Dance Committee of the International Theatre Institute (ITI) which is the main partner of the performing arts of UNESCO. ITI also selects an outstanding personality from the world of dance to be the Message Author for the event. This year Karima Mansour of Egypt was selected as the Message Author. She is a dancer, choreographer & educator.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of Badminton Asia located?Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
- What is the Capital and Currency of Azerbaijan?Capital: Baku & Currency: Azerbaijani manat
- Who is the President of Indian Golf Industry Association?Deepali Shah Gandhi
- Where is the headquarter of World Organisation for Animal Health located?Paris, France
- What is the Capital and Currency of Bangladesh?Capital:Dhaka & Currency: Bangladeshi taka