Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 29 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- ’International Dance Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
5.29th AprilAnswer – 5.29th April
International Dance Day was introduced in 1982 by the International Dance Council, a UNESCO partner NGO, and is celebrated yearly, on April 29. The main purpose of Dance Day events is to attract the attention of the wider public to the art of dance.
- Sushila Panwar, who has failed the dope test, is associated with which sport?
5.Discus ThrowAnswer – 3.Weight Lifting
A few days after Arjuna Awardee footballer Subrata Paul was caught for doping, Indian weightlifter Sushila Panwar has also failed the dope test. Panwar’s `A` sample was found positive for a banned substance and now the Indian Weightlifting Federation has suspended her provisionally.
- Which policy has been launched by Union Govt. for People living with HIV?
1.’Low Cost Treatment’ Policy
2.‘Subsidised Treatment’ Policy
3.’HIV Insurance’ Policy
4.’Test and Treat’ Policy
5.’Treatment at Home’ PolicyAnswer – 4.‘Test and Treat Policy’
Union Health Minister JP Nadda has launched the Test and Treat policy for providing treatment to patients suffering from Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV). Under this policy the government will provide Anti- Retroviral Therapy (ART) treatment to the patients free of cost.
- India’s first ever transgender sports meet was held in which state?
5.KeralaAnswer – 5.Kerala
More than 130 athletes belonging to the third sex participated in six disciplines in the first ever sports meet for transgenders held in Thiruvananthapuram on April 28, 2017. It was organised by Sexual and Gender Minority, an organisation working for the uplift of third sex.
- India’s first book village will be inaugurated in ____________, Maharashtra
5.GaneshwadiAnswer – 2.Bhilar
Bhilar, a hamlet in Satara district of Maharashtra, popular for its strawberries is all set to embrace the tag of India’s first ‘village of books’, a concept inspired by Britain’s Hay-on-Wye, a Welsh town known for its book stores and literature festivals. It will be inaugurated by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on May 4, 2017.
- Which country has placed India in its ‘Priority Watch List’for not providing adequate protection to Intellectual property Rights (IPR)?
5.JapanAnswer – 3.US
On April 28, 2017, office of United States Trade Representative (USTR) released 2017 edition of ‘Special 301 Report’. In this report, India has once again been placed in the ‘Priority Watch List’ for not providing adequate protection to Intellectual property Rights (IPR). Besides India, other countries that have been placed in this year’s ‘Priority Watch List’ are: China, Indonesia, Thailand, Algeria, Russia, Ukraine, Kuwait, Argentina, Chile and Venezuela.
- India signed three agreements with ___________ in the field of cultural co-operation, youth affairs and peaceful use of outer space during Vice President Hamid Ansari’s official visit to the country
5.BelarusAnswer – 4.Armenia
In Armenia, Indian Vice-President Hamid Ansari held extensive talks with the top leaders including President Serzh Sargsyan, Prime Minister Karen Karapetyan and Foreign Minister Eduard Nalbandian. After the talks, India signed three agreements with Armenia in the field of cultural co-operation, youth affairs and peaceful use of outer space.
- Which international organisation has stated that Goods and Services Tax (GST), the landmark tax reform to be implemented from 1 July, would help raise India’s GDP growth rate to above 8%?
2.Asian Development Bank
3.International Monetary Fund
4.New Development Bank
5.World Trade OrganisationAnswer – 3.International Monetary Fund
IMF has observed that India is the “fastest growing emerging market economy” in the region, and will continue to grow at a fast pace, with a projected 6.8% rate for financial year 2016-17 and 7.2% in 2017-18.
- A small panchayat ward in_______became India’s first digitalised panchayat ward
5.JharkhandAnswer – 4.Kerala
Union minister of state for social justice and empowerment Krishan Pal Gurjar has inaugurated the website of the first digitalised panchayat ward number 15 of Aymanam grama panchayat in Kottayam district of Kerala.
- A tripartite Memorandum of Understanding has been signed among BBNL, Department of Posts and ______ for providing broadband connectivity of BharatNet to Post Offices in rural areas
5.BSNLAnswer – 5.BSNL
The MoU signed under the chairmanship of Minister of Communications Shri Manoj Sinha is the first tri-partite agreement to provide broadband connectivity to about 1.3 lakh post offices in rural areas and 25,000 sub-post offices for high speed internet connectivity to the rural masses.
- Which two Indian-Americans are among 46 emerging college and university leaders selected by American Council on Education (ACE) for its prestigious fellowship?
1.Ritu Raju and Sundeep Muppidi
2.Ritu Raju and Rajesh Nair
3.Sanjana Rai and Rajesh Nair
4.Sanjana Rai and Sundeep Muppidi
5.Sanjana Rai and Vikram MathurAnswer – 1.Ritu Raju and Sundeep Muppidi
Ritu Raju of Houston Community college in Houston Texas and Sundeep R Muppidi of the University of Hartford in Hartford (HCC) Connecticut were named Fellows as part of the ACE Fellows Programme 2017-18 class. Ritu is the division chair of speech, communication and sign language at the community college. Sundeep is a professor of communications and an associate dean for academic planning and curriculum at the university’s College of Arts and Sciences.
- Which among the following companies has been adjudged the ‘Indian MNC of the year’ by All India Management Association (AIMA)?
4.Mahindra and Mahindra
5.TVS MotorsAnswer – 3.Hero MotoCorp
Pawan Munjal, Chairman, Managing Director and CEO, Hero MotoCorp Ltd., has been felicitated by the All India Management Association (AIMA) for the rapid global expansion of Brand Hero. Hero MotoCorp is the only Indian two-wheeler company to have a manufacturing facility in Latin America.
- CII Presidents Award for Lifetime Achievement has been presented to:
5.Pallonji MistryAnswer – 3.Rahul Bajaj
The President of India, Mr. Pranab Mukherjee presented CII Presidents Award for Lifetime Achievement to Mr. Rahul Bajaj and CII foundation Woman Exemplar Award in New Delhi on April 27, 2017.
- Yusra Mardini has been appointed as the new Goodwill Ambassador of:
5.Reporter Without BordersAnswer – 3.UNHCR
Yusra Mardini, a Syrian woman who helped save a boat carrying fellow refugees, has been appointed by the UN agency for refugees as its new Goodwill Ambassador. The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees said Mardini’s actions saved the lives of 20 refugees who were fleeing the Syrian capital, Damascus.
- Who among the following will take over as new President of Coca-Cola India?
5.Nisha ShelatAnswer – 3.T Krishnakumar
Krishnakumar will take over from Kini as Coca-Cola India president. He’s currently chief executive of Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages (HCCB), the bottling arm. Christina Ruggiero will succeed Krishnakumar at HCCB, becoming the unit’s first woman CEO.
- Which among the following Indian Coast Guard Ship was decommissioned on April 28, 2017?
5.ICGS VarahaAnswer – 4.ICGS Varad
On April 28, 2017, Indian Coast Guard ship, ICGS Varad, the eighth in the Vikram-class offshore patrol vessel, was decommissioned at Chennai Port. ICGS Varad was in service for 27 years. It was formally commissioned on July 19, 1990.
- On April 29, 2017, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, unveiled translated volumes of Vachana, penned by medieval age social reformer Basavanna and other saints in 23 Indian languages to commemorate the _______ birth anniversary of Basavanna.
5.883rdbirth anniversaryAnswer – 5.883rd birth anniversary
The translation of 23 Vachana volumes, edited by esteemed literary scholar late M M Kalburgi was commissioned by the Bengaluru based Basava Samithi. More than 200 people were involved in the translation work. Rs. 2.5 crore was spent on this activity, out of which Rs. 1 crore was contributed by Karnataka State Govt.
- ‘Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare’ is observed on which date every year?
5.29th AprilAnswer – 5.29th April
In November 2005, the UN decided to observe a memorial “Day of Remembrance for all Victims of Chemical Warfare” on April 29 each year. The date April 29 was chosen for this observance because it was when the Chemical Weapons Convention came into force. This commemoration provides an opportunity to pay tribute to the victims of chemical warfare.
- On April 27, 2017, following formal talks between Indian Vice President Hamid Ansari and Polish Prime Minister Beata Szydlo, India and Poland signed an agreement on the exchange of information and technology in the ________ sector.
3.peaceful use of outer space
5.steel productionAnswer – 2.agriculture
From the Indian side, the agreement was signed by Minister of State of Small Industries Giriraj Singh. India and Poland are keen to explore possibilities of collaboration in fields of mining, solar energy, food processing, solid waste management, and civil aviation.