AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 27 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which organization has signed the Letter of Intent (LOI) with NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) to promote participation, skill and empowerment among young children?
1) Child Rights International Network India
2) Children International India
3) United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) India
4) Save the Children India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) India
Recently, United Nations Children Fund (UNICEF) India and NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) has signed a Letter of Intent (LOI) to provide an open platform to promote participation, skill and empowerment among young children across different communities. The plan will be implemented through Atal Tinkering Lab which established under Atal Innovation Mission.
- Who was appointed as the head of the committee, formed by Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MOEFCC) to implement the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) to handle the major issue of air-pollution in India?
1) C K Mishra
2) Harsh Vardhan
3) Mahesh Sharma
4) Siddhanta Das
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) C K Mishra
The Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MOEFCC) notified that a committee will be formed to implement the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) which was launched to handle the major issue of air-pollution in India. Overall guidance would be provided by the committee to implement and review the progress of NCAP for each financial year.The committee would be headed by its Secretary, C K Mishra, and will comprise of one chief secretary each from around 20 states and union territories, an additional secretary and joint secretary, the chairman of the Central Pollution Control Board, the director general of TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) and an IIT Kanpur professor as its members.
- Which country is set to abolish its exit visa system for all foreign workers by the end of 2019 as per the United Nation’s International Labour Organization(ILO)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Qatar
On 26th April 2019, UN’s International Labour Organization announced that Qatar is set to abolish its exit visa system for all foreign workers by the end of 2019.The country was committed to labour reform following an Amnesty international report that the 2022 World Cup host was failing to stop widespread labour abuse. Qatar has launched labour reforms since its selection as the 2022 World Cup host, with the event set in motion a huge construction plan employing foreign workers.In 2018, Qatar approved legislation to dismiss the sponsorship system or “kafala”, which claimed that foreign workers obtain permission from their employers to leave the country.
- Who was appointed as head of 13 member committee formed by Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) to review regulatory framework on micro insurance?
1) Adnan Mahmood
2) Suresh Mathur
3) M.Rajyalakshmi Rao
4) Goraknath Agarwal
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Suresh Mathur
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) set up a 13-member committee in order to review regulatory framework on micro insurance, and suggest the steps to be taken to raise demand for such products in India by recommending product designs with customer-friendly underwriting, example, easy premium payment methods and simple claims settlement procedures. The committee is headed by Suresh Mathur, IRDAI’s Executive Director. It constitutes of officials from IRDAI, life, general and health insurance companies in public and private sectors, as well as NGOs (Non-Government Organizations).The committee was formed because of less than desired offtake of micro insurance products in spite of their immense benefits in India.
- Which private sector bank has collaborated with India’s health insurance company, Max Bupa to launch ‘AnyTimeHealth(ATH) machines’ for distributing health insurance products ?
1) Axis Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) HDFC Bank
Max Bupa, India’s health insurance company collaborated with HDFC Bank, India’s leading private sector banks, and launched ‘AnyTimeHealth (ATH) machines. The machine is an automated, web-based model that permits customers to avail health assessment, namely, Body Mass Index’, ‘Blood Pressure’, ‘Body Type & Fat percentage’, ‘Muscle percentage’, ‘Bone Mass’, ‘Body Temperature’ and buy health policy dynamically without incorporation of any kind of conventional manual efforts. Max Bupa partnered with HDFC Bank to design an end-to-end ‘digital journey’ for the bank’s customers, which is designed to support HDFC Bank’s assisted and non-assisted mode of selling insurance digitally, thus empowering the HDFC’s customers to avail health insurance solutions proficiently.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the ombudsman scheme coverage to non-deposit taking Non-banking Financial Companies (NBFCs) having asset size of how much worth?
1) 100 crore
2) 50 crore
3) 20 crore
4) 75 crore
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 100 crore
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) extended the ombudsman scheme coverage to non-deposit taking (NBFCs) Non-banking Financial Companies having asset size of Rs.100 crore or higher. This was notified in the Statement of Developmental and Regulatory Policies under the Monetary Policy Statement.The objective of this was to provide a cost-free and swift complaint-redressal mechanism relating to shortage in the services, concerning loan and other issues by NBFCs under the scheme.The scheme before the extension to some categories of NBFCs was effective for deposit-accepting NBFCs.
- Which of the following denomination note is set to release by Reserve Bank of India (RBI)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rs.20
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will issue new Rs 20 denomination banknotes. The first Rs 20 notes were issued in the Mahatma Gandhi Series in August 2001.
- Which motif is depicted in the back side of the new Rs.20 denomination note?
2) Ellora caves
3) Hampi with Chariot
4) Sanchi Stupa
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ellora caves
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will issue new Rs 20 denomination banknotes having a base colour of greenish -yellow with size of 63 X 129 mm. The first Rs 20 notes were issued in the Mahatma Gandhi Series in August 2001.The new note will have a motif of Ellora caves on the dorsal side.
- What is the revised interest rate of Employee’s Provident Fund (EPF) for 2018-19?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 8.65%
The Department of Financial Services, a wing of the Ministry of Finance, has approved an Employee’s Provident Fund (EPF) interest rate hike of 10 basis point to 8.65 percent for 2018-19, as decided by the retirement fund body Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). This move will benefit more than 6 crores formal sector workers. Earlier in 2017-18, the interest rate on EPF was 8.55 percent.In February 2019, the EPFO’s apex decision making body, the Central Board of Trustees headed by Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar, had decided to hike the interest rate on EPF to 8.65 percent for 2018-19 from 8.55 percent for 2017-18. This hike was the first increase in the last three years.
- Who won the Corporate Excellence award in the Manufacturing Industry, from Enterprise Asia of Malaysia for 2019?
1) Andreas Dulger
2) Thomas Koetzing
3) Prasanna Kumar Rao
4) Rainer Dulger
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Prasanna Kumar Rao
Managing Director, Heidelberg Prominent Fluid Controls India Pvt. Ltd., Prasanna Kumar Rao, received the Corporate Excellence award in the Manufacturing Industry, from Enterprise Asia of Malaysia for 2019, at event in Andaz, Hyatt Hotel, New Delhi.The prestigious Asia Pacific Entrepreneurship Award (APEA) from Enterprise Asia is a regional award recognition programme that recognizes entrepreneurial excellence.Top entrepreneurs across the region are honoured with the awards with ceremonies held in over 14 countries.
- Name the Social entrepreneur from India, who was ranked 45th in the Fortune magazine’s 2019 list of the world’s greatest leaders for inventing low cost pad making machine.
1) Arunachalam Muruganantham
2) Sandeep Ahuja
3) Naveen Krishna
4) Smita Ram
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Arunachalam Muruganantham
Arunachalam Muruganantham, inventor of a low-cost sanitary pad-making machine and grassroots mechanism has been featured in Fortune magazine’s 2019 list of world’s 100 greatest leaders.He is a social entrepreneur from Tamil Nadu.He ranked 45th in the list released by the American publication. The hero of the Oscar-winning documentary short “Period.End of Sentence” has been awarded a Padma Shri in 2016 and was named TIME magazines 2014 list of 100 Most Influential People in the World. Other top awardees : Bill and Melinda Gates – for the work of their charitable organisation Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Jacinda Ardern – for her response to Christchurch mosque shootings in February Robert Mueller – for his findings of the Donald Trump campaign’s collusion with Russia
- Who was appointed as the technical director for All India Football Federation (AIFF)?
1) Manvendra Singh
3) Gaioz Darsadze
4) Subrata Dutta
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) DoruIsac
Romanian football manager,DoruIsac has been appointed as as the new technical director for Indian football team.He succeeds Savio Madeira, who has been the interim technical director since 2017.All India Football Federation (AIFF) interviewed Isac, Jorge Castelo and GaiozDarsadze on 22 April 2019 for the post, but Isac,56-year-old emerged as the number one choice because of his youth-oriented approach.
- Which telescope is used by National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) for confirming that the Universe is expanding about 9% faster than expected?
1) Keck Observatory
2) Galileo National Telescope
3) Spitzer Space Telescope
4) Hubble Space Telescope
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Hubble Space Telescope
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s Hubble Space Telescope ejected measurements validate that the Universe is expanding about 9% faster than expected based on its trajectory seen shortly after the big bang. It was published in Astrophysical Journal Letters on April 25.The researchers using Hubble as a “point-and-shoot” camera to look at groups of Cepheids using a new method called DASH (Drift And Shift), while Hubble can observe one star for every 90-minute orbit around Earth.Adam Riess, Bloomberg Distinguished Professor of Physics and Astronomy at The Johns Hopkins University, Nobel Laureate and the project’s leader,is the first author of the research.
- Name the 95 million-year-old coin-sized ‘cartoon-eyed’ crab species that is found in Columbia recently.
2) Florida stone
3) Callichimaera perplexa
4) Callinectes sapidus
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Callichimaera perplexa
Alberta University paleontologists have discovered 95 million-year-old coin-sized ‘cartoon-eyed’ crab species called Callichimaera perplexa, name is an allusion to a Greek mythological creature & means “perplexing beautiful chimera”.It was published it in the journal, Science Advances. i. Dr Javier Luque, postdoctoral paleontologist at Yale University & the University of Alberta made the discovery in 2005 in the mountains of Pesca, Boyaca in Columbia while hunting for fossils as an undergraduate geology student. ii. It is believed that the crab is from mid-cretaceous period & it must have hailed from what is now Colombia, Northern Africa & Wyoming.
- Where was the Asian Boxing Championship 2019 held?
1) Beijing, China
2) Bangkok, Thailand
3) Jakarta, Indonesia
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bangkok, Thailand
The Asian Boxing Championship 2019 was held in Huamark Indoor Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand. This was the first time women and men boxing championship held together. This event was organized by International Boxing Association or AIBA.
- Who won the gold medal in 52-kg Category by defeating Kim Inkyu in Asian Boxing Championship 2019?
1) Amit Panghal
2) Deepak Singh
3) Satish Kumar
4) Shiva Thapa
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Amit Panghal
A 23- year old Amit Panghal from Haryana, defeated Korea’s Kim Inkyu in 52-kg category. This was the first gold medal at Asian Boxing Championship 2019. Amit played aggressively and won the gold medal after defeating Inkyu by 5-0. This was Amit’s second medal in Asian Boxing Championship, last time he won bronze medal in 2017.
- Pooja Rani was in news recently,she belongs to which sport?
5) None of these
Answer – 4) BoxingAnswer – 4) Boxing
A 28-year old Pooja Rani defeated world champion Wang Lina from China in the 81-kg category. This was the second gold medal at Asian Boxing Championship 2019. Pooja won first gold medal after moving from 75-kg to 81-kg category. She defeated Chinese Wang Lina by 4-1 in an enthralling contest. This was third medal in Asian Boxing Championship after a silver in 2012 and bronze in 2015. This was also India’s first ever gold medal in the 81-kg category from this elite Asian Boxing Championship tournament.
- How many medals does India won in the Asian Boxing Championship 2019?
1) 15 medals
2) 14 medals
3) 13 medals
4) 12 medals
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 13 medals
The Asian Boxing Championship 2019 was held in Huamark Indoor Stadium in Bangkok, Thailand. This was the first time women and men boxing championship held together. This event was organized by International Boxing Association or AIBA. A total 304 athletes including 112 women and 192 men participated in the event. There are 34 countries participated in the tournament. India finished with 13 medals that include 2 gold medals, 4 silver medals and 7 bronze medals.
S. No. Category Name Medal 1. 52-kg Amit Panghal Gold 2. 81-kg Pooja Rani Gold 3. 64-kg Simranjit Kaur Silver 4. 56-kg Kavinder Singh Bisht Silver 5. 49-kg Deepak Singh Silver 6. 75-kg Ashish Chaudhary Silver 7. 51-kg Nikhat Zareen Bronze 8. 54-kg Manisha Moun Bronze 9. 57-kg Sonia Chahal Bronze 10. 60-kg Sarita Devi Bronze 11. 60-kg Shiva Thapa Bronze 12. 69-kg Ashish Bronze 13. +91-kg Satish Kumar Bronze
- Which country has received the One Day International (ODI) status after USA and Oman recently?
2) Papua New Guinea
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Papua New Guinea
Papua New Guinea, a south-western pacific country got their One Day International (ODI) status and a place in International Cricket Council (ICC) Cricket World Cup League 2 after beating Oman by 145-run.Now, Papua New Guinea joins Namibia, Oman, Scotland, the US, Nepal and UAE in the ICC Cricket World Cup League 2. In the next two-and-a-half-year all six team will play 36 ODIs each in the run-up to the Men’s Cricket World Cup 2023.
- Name the Australian Cricketer, who retired from Big Bash League recently.
1) Shane Watson
2) Jhye Richardson
3) Michael Neser
4) Alex Carey
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Shane Watson
On 26th April 2019, Former Australia all-rounder has announced his retirement from Big Bash League to spend more time with his family during the summer. He captained Sydney Thunder in the Big Bash League.But he will continue playing for Sutherland DCC in NSW Premier Cricket.He has played 190 one-day internationals, 59 Tests 58 Twenty20 Internationals for his country.His last international match was in the quarter-final of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2016 against India.The Big Bash League is an Australian professional Twenty20 cricket league, which was established in 2011 by Cricket Australia.
- Who has became the first woman umpire to stand in a men’s ODI in the final match of ICC World Cricket League 2?
1) Claire Polosak
2) Meg Lanning
3) Nicola Carey
4) Ashleigh Gardner
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Claire Polosak
The 31-year-old, Australia’s Claire Polosak became the first woman umpire to stand in a men’s ODI in the final match of ICC World Cricket League 2 on April 27. Previously, she stood in 15 women’s ODIs matches, the first one played between Australia and South Afica in November 2016.She also stood some of the important international matches including semi-final of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2018 played between England and India.She was also the first woman to stand ever in a men’s domestic fixture in Australia in her first List A match in Australia in 2017.In December 2018, Claire Polosak and her counterpart Eloise Sheridan became the first on-field female umpires during a professional match between Adelaide Strikers and Melbourne Stars in World Big Bash League in Australia.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Huamark Indoor Stadium is located in which city?Bangkok, Thailand
- Who is the Chairman of International Cricket Council (ICC)?Shashank Manohar
- Where is the Headquarter of International Labour Organization(ILO) located?Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the Prime Minister of Qatar?Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani
- What is the Capital and Currency of Australia?Capital: Canberra & Currency: Australian Dollar