AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 26 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
Questions Based on Current Affairs April 26 2019
- Which ministry has distributed around 3,120 special kits termed ‘SAECKs‘ (The Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kits) to collect blood and semen samples?
1) Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Union Ministry of Home Affairs
3) Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
4) Union Ministry of Women and Child Development
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Union Ministry of Home Affairs
The Union Ministry of Home Affairs has distributed around 3,120 special kits among states and union territories. The kits are termed ‘SAECKs‘ (The Sexual Assault Evidence Collection Kits) and are also called ‘rape investigation kits’ that help to collect blood and semen samples for carrying out immediate effective medico-legal investigations on sexual assault cases.The kits consist of a set of test tubes and bottles, which indicates contents and specifications of the collected evidence.The kits also contain directives on a collection of evidence from the crime scene, after which the kits would be sent to the closest laboratory and the results would be declared within two months.The SAECK kits are obtained only with the financial support under the Central government’s ‘Nirbhaya Fund‘, termed after the 2012 Delhi gang-rape victim.
- Indian Army and National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) Limited, has signed MoU to build four underground tunnels along the borders of which country?
1) Option i & ii
2) Option ii & iv
3) Option iii & ii
4) Option iv & i
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Option iii & ii
Recently, Indian Army signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) Limited, to build four underground tunnels along China and Pakistan borders for storage of ammunition and other war-related equipment.Three tunnels will be built along Chinese border and one tunnel will be build along the Pakistan border. ii. The tunnel can store 175-200 metric tonnes of ammunition and the cost of this pilot project is around Rs 15 crore.
- Who was appointed as the head of 8-member committee constituted by Central Public Works Department (CPWD)to chart out a policy for buildings and infrastructure development?
1) Bimal Jalan
2) Ravindra Kumar Thathu
3) Prabhakar Singh
4) M K Sharma
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) M K Sharma
The largest construction agency of the central government, Central Public Works Department (CPWD) has set up an expert 8-member committee under M K Sharma, CPWD’s Additional Director General, Chairman for developing a design scheme to construct buildings and develop infrastructure. The report has to be submitted to Director General Prabhakar Singh within 30 days.The prime objective of this policy is to revive all levels of building construction and infrastructure development in CPWD, under the Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry.CPWD builds a maximum of the government’s buildings, erects fences on India’s international borders and carries out projects in foreign countries with collaborations with India.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) launched Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA) in order to eliminate the disease from India by which year?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 2030
On 26th April 2019, The Indian Council of Medical Research has launched the ‘Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA) India which is a conglomeration of partners working on malaria control in order to eliminate the disease from India by 2030.India has made impressive progress in malaria control over the past two decades. The disease has declined by over 80 percent, 2.03 million cases in 2000 to 0.39 million in 2018, and malaria deaths by over 90 percent, 932 deaths in 2000 to 85 in 2018.The National Vector Borne Diseases Control Program (NVBDCP) of India has developed a comprehensive framework to achieve the target of “Malaria free India by 2030” and for this reason the Malaria Elimination Research Alliance (MERA) India established.
- According to “State of the internet/security” report, released by Akamai Technologies, which country was most targeted nation by hackers in 2018?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) US
The report by Akamai Technologies notifies that with more than 120 crore account takeover attacks in 2018, India ranked second for hacking attempts in the world after the US.According to a new edition of the “State of the internet/security” report, Akamai Technologies, each of the attacks represented an attempt by a person or a computer to log in to an account with a stolen or generated username and password. Canada ranks third for attacks.By the report, the US registered 1,252 crore hacking attempts in 2018 while Canada registered 102 crore.The hackers attacks targeted large media brands, retail, gaming and various other sectors.
- Where was the 5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness held?
1) Beijing, China
2) Jakarta, Indonesia
3) Kathmandu, Nepal
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kathmandu, Nepal
5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness was held in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal.The aim of this two day summit was to address the key issue of utilizing media’s full potential of accelerating climate action and disaster preparedness and connect different stakeholders to media professionals for collaboration and joint practical projects. This summit was hosted by the Nepal government and organized by Radio Nepal, Nepal TV and ABU, led by Nepal’s Communication and Information Technology ministry.
- What was the theme of the 5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness?
1) Theme – “Innovative Solutions for environmental challenges and sustainable production and consumption”
2) Theme – “Focus on occupational safety and health has largely been confined to four sectors”
3) Theme – “For procurement and marketing support to MSMEs”
4) Theme – “Media Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities”
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme – “Media Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities”
5th Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) Media Summit on Climate Action and Disaster Preparedness was held in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal with a theme of “Media Solutions for Sustainable Future: Saving Lives, Building Resilient Communities”. The aim of this two day summit was to address the key issue of utilizing media’s full potential of accelerating climate action and disaster preparedness and connect different stakeholders to media professionals for collaboration and joint practical projects.
- Which is the sole Indian institute featured in the QS EMBA Rankings 2019?
1) Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
2) Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore’s (IIM-B)
3) Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
4) Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore
On 23rd April 2019, The Indian Institute of Management-Bangalore’s (IIM-B) post-graduate programme in Enterprise Management (PGPEM) has secured the 12th rank in APAC (Asia Pacific) listing and came 61st globally in the QS Executive MBA Rankings 2019.With this, it became the only Indian B-school to secure a place among the top 100 B-Schools across the world.This Ranking uses parameters such as leadership, executive profile, diversity, career outcomes, etc to mark the world’s best universities.IIM-B also ranked first under the Management category in the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Rankings 2019.
- Where was the first-ever talks between Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un held?
1) Khabarovsk, Russia
2) Pyongyang, North Korea
3) Vladivostok, Russia
4) Kaesŏng, North Korea
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Vladivostok, Russia
Russian President Vladimir Putin and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un hold first-ever talks at the Eastern Federal University Campus on Russky Island in the far eastern Russian Pacific port city of Vladivostok. The aim of this meeting is to break the deadlock over North Korea’s nuclear weapons programme. The meet was a part of Six-party talks on North Korean de-nuclearization, that started back in 2003 involving China, Japan, Russia, the US along with North Korea and South Korea. The last round of such talks took place in 2007.
- Which organization has received approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to implement e-mandates (electronic mandates) for internet banking and debit cards to automatically deal with their recurring payments?
1) National Payments Corporation of India
2) Immediate Payment Service
4) Indian Banks’ Association
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) National Payments Corporation of India
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has received approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to implement e-mandates (electronic mandates) for internet banking and debit cards, which will allow the users to automatically deal with their recurring payments.By June 30th, NPCI has to inform all the member banks to take immediate measure and implement both the variants.The limit for each mandate is set at Rs 1 Lakh, and depending on the usage, the organisation will review the limit from time to time.The circular notified that the NACH (National Automated Clearing House) mandates can be used for business to business (B2B) collections, investments, insurance products, utility payments, government payments, trades receivables, loan repayments, asset rentals and collection of education/society charges
- Which tech giant has became the world’s third entity to cross worth $1 trillion?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Microsoft
Seattle-based tech giant Microsoft has reached a valuation of $1 trillion for the first time after a jump in stock valuation that followed a qualitative-laden third fiscal quarter and has again taken over Apple as the world’s most valuable company. Microsoft India most attractive employer brand: Randstadi. Microsoft has become the third company to cross that once-unimaginable line following Apple,earned in August 2018 and Amazon,earned in september 2018.According to Q3 fiscal earnings,Office, LinkedIn, and Dynamics gained $10.2 billion USD,Azure Cloud, server products, and enterprise services gained $9.7 billion USD and Windows, Xbox, and Surface earned $10.7 billion USD.
- Name the British Indian Novelist, who won the Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2019 for the novel “Solo”.
1) Salman Rushdie
2) Rudyard Kipling
3) Preti Taneja
4) Rana Dasgupta
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Rana Dasgupta
British Indian novelist Rana Dasgupta has been awarded the second edition of Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize 2019 for his 2010 novel “Solo”, deals with a tale of estrangement and the ultimate failure of material existence. The Award included a Tagore statue, a certificate for contribution to literature and a cash prize of $10,000. World Health Organization Goodwill Ambassador Yohei Sasakawa has been awarded the Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize for social achievement 2019 for his incredible efforts to uproot leprosy and great contribution to world peace.Taiwan president Tsai Ing-wen was awarded Rabindranath Tagore Literary Prize for Social Achievement as “a beacon of democracy.Rana was awarded Ryszard Kapuscinski Award in 2016 for the novel “Capital: The Eruption of Delhi”. Besides, he also received Commonwealth Writers’ prize in 2010 for “Solo”.
- Who has been appointed as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of LIC Housing Finance?
1) Koteswara Rao
2) Jagdish Capoor
3) Siddhartha Mohanty
4) Savita Singh
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Siddhartha Mohanty
On 25th April 2019, former executive director of LIC of India, Siddhartha Mohanty has been appointed as Chief Operating Officer (COO) of LIC Housing Finance.He started his career with LIC of India in 1985.He also served as Chief of Investments (Monitoring), Regional Head of marketing channel in Western Zone spanning the States of Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa and was the Senior Divisional Manager in-charge of Raipur and Cuttack divisions of LIC.
- Name the World billiards and snooker champion, who won the first Asian Snooker Tour title recently.
1) Pankaj Advani
2) Dhruv Sitwala
3) Aditya Mehta
4) Sourav Kothari
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Pankaj Advani
India’s Pankaj Advani, the 21-time world snooker and billiards champion has defeated Ehsan Heydari Nezhad of Iran by 6-4 to clinch the inaugural Asian Snooker Tour title, in Bengaluru. Pankaj Advani beat Nezhad by 52-40, 66(58)-0, 1-63(62), 78-4, 35-47, 0-51, 47-35, 38-39, 53(49)-35, 51(50)-20 in the final and had previously defeated Aung Phyo of Myanmar by (5-2) 50-27, 92(92)-0, 86(86)-15, 12-62, 54-30, 24-70, 79-5 in the semifinal.He had previously bagged the 2nd leg of the Tour in China and was leading the ranking before the final leg of the Tour in Bengaluru.
- Who has become the first overseas player from India to represent Hampshire?
1) Rohit Sharma
2) Ajinkya Rahane
3) Virat Kohli
4) Shikhar Dhawan
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Ajinkya Rahane
Indian cricketer, Ajinkya Madhukar Rahane became the first overseas player from India to represent Hampshire and he will replace Aiden Kyle Markram, who will join South Africa’s World Cup Team.30-year-old Indian will feature in eight Specsavers County Championship fixtures throughout May, June and start of July, subject to visa clearance.It is expected that he will make his debut against Warwickshire at Edgbaston from 14 May.In Indian Premier League, he plays for Rajasthan Royals.
- Which team won the Arjan Singh Memorial International hockey tournament 2019?
1) Indian Air Force
2) Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
3) South Central Railway, Hyderabad
4) Integrated Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Integrated Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai
Integrated Coach Factory (ICF), Chennai beat South Central Railway, Hyderabad by penalty shootout of 7-5, in the final to bag the second Marshal of the Indian Air Force Arjan Singh Memorial International hockey tournament at the Astro Turf Hockey Ground at Air Force in Chandigarh.All total 31 matches were played, 202 goals were scored and a total of 16 teams participated in the Arjan Singh Memorial International hockey tournament including the Air Force teams from Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.Former hockey players, namely, Colonel GS Gill, Harpal Singh and Colonel Balbir Singh (Retd) who represented India in the 1966 Asian Games and 1968 Olympics were also felicitated.
- Ibrahim Kargbo was in news recently,he belongs to which sport?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Football
On 24th April 2019, Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) imposed eight-lifetime bans on current and former players and an agent for indulging in match manipulation of international games. Ibrahim Kargbo, former Sierra Leone captain and ex-Trinidad and Tobago player Keyeno Thomas were suspended from all football-related activities over attempts to rig matches at international level.Kenyan footballer George Owino Audi got a 10-year ban and a fine of 15,000 Swiss francs (13,165 euros).World football’s governing body imposed a ban on Zimbabwean agent Kudzanai Shaba and former players from Afghanistan, Benin, and Cuba, as well as Zimbabwean agent Kudzanai Shaba.
- Where was the International Shooting Sport Federation(ISSF) World Cup 2019 held?
1) Beijing, China
2) Munich, Germany
3) Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
4) New Delhi, India
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Beijing, China
International Shooting Sport Federation(ISSF) World Cup 2019 in Beijing, China. There are four competitions per year in each event.2019 venues are: Venue 1 : New Delhi, India Venue 2 : Beijing, China Venue 3 : Munich, Germany Venue 4 : Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Name the Indian Shooters, who won gold medal in the 10m Air Pistol Mixed event.
1) Anjum Moudgil and Divyansh Singh Panwar
2) Saurabh Chaudhary & Manu Bhaker
3) Saurabh Chaudhary, Apurvi Chandela
4) Divyansh Singh Panwar, Manu Bhaker
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Saurabh Chaudhary & Manu Bhaker
On 25th April 2019, the pair of Indian shooters Saurabh Chaudhary, 16-year-old, and Manu Bhaker, 17-year-old, clinched the 10m Air Pistol Mixed gold by beating Jiang Ranxin and Pang Wei of China 16-6 in the final at the International Shooting Sport Federation(ISSF) World Cup 2019 in Beijing, China. Prior to this, Saurabh Chaudhary and Manu Bhaker had already won a gold in the same category in the New Delhi edition of the shooting World Cup in February 2019.The two teammates scored 482 points at the fifth spot.Anjum Moudgil and Divyansh Singh Panwar bagged a gold medal in the 10m Air Rifle Mixed Team event by defeating China in the same tournament.
- Terry Rawlings passed away recently,he was from which field?
3) Film editor
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Film editor
Terry Rawlings, a British film editor, who earned BAFTA nominations for his work on ‘Alien’ in 1980 and ‘Blade Runner’ in 1983 as well as Oscar nomination for ‘Chariots of Fire’ in 1982, died at his home in Hertfordshire, England at the age of 85.He was a founding member of the Guild of British Film and Television Editors and elected as a member in the American Cinema Editors. He was honoured with American Cinema Editors’ Career Achievement Award in 2006.
- What was the theme of World Intellectual Property Day 2019?
1) Theme – “Reach for Gold: IP and Sports”
2) Theme – “Powering change: Women in innovation and creativity”
3) Theme – “Innovation – Improving Lives”
4) Theme – “Digital Creativity: Culture Reimagined”
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Theme – “Reach for Gold: IP and Sports”
April 26, 2019, was observed as a World Intellectual Property Day across the globe with a theme of “Reach for Gold: IP and Sports”. The objective was to increase awareness about the role intellectual rights play in encouraging creativity and innovation. In 2000, the General assembly of the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) pronounced April 26 as a World Intellectual Property Day. WIPO, a specialized agency of the United Nations, worked together with the different non-governmental organization, and international agencies to promote this day.
- When was the International Hospitality Day 2019 observed?
1) 25th April
2) 23rd April
3) 22nd April
4) 24th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 24th April
This is the fourth year of celebrations for International Hospitality Day held on 24th April 2019, across India and the world by hoteliers and hospitality professionals. Delighted to have a day dedicated to their passion and profession, hospitality professionals across the world celebrated the day with felicitations and discussions on the growth and changes of the business of hospitality. International Hospitality Day was initiated in 2016 by the International Hospitality Council (IHC), London, and Dr. Suborno Bose, hospitality evangelist, Chief Mentor of International Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM) and CEO and Convenor of IHC, London. The objective was to dedicate one day in the year to the hospitality industry and Celebrate, Promote and Educate in Hospitality.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) located?Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the President of Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA)?Gianni Infantino
- What is the Capital and Currency of North Korea?Capital: Pyongyang & Currency: North Korean Won.
- When was United Nations Security Council (UNSC) founded?24 October, 1945.
- Koodiyatam is a traditional performing art form of which state?Kerala
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification