AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 25 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which International organization has issued recommendations on the usage of screen for kids under 5 years of age?
1) United Nations System
2) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
3) World Health Organization (WHO)
4) United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) World Health Organization (WHO)
On 24th April 2019, With an aim to develop healthy youths, the World Health Organization (WHO) has issued recommendations on the use of sedentary screen which includes watching television or videos and playing computer games for children under 5-year-old. This is the first such guidelines which are released by the United Nations Agency. WHO Guidelines: i. The recommendations suggest that infants less than one-year-old should not be exposed to electronic screens at all and Children under 5 year should not be allowed more than one hour of “sedentary screen time” per day.The guideline underlines the significance of Healthy physical activity, sedentary behaviour and sleep habits in early life that moulds them into an active adult.
- Which of the following financial institutions are now fully owned by central government of India after RBI divested its entire stake?
i.National Housing Bank (NHB)
ii.Small Industries Development Bank of India(SIDBI)
iii.National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)
iv.Industrial Finance Corporation of India(IFCI)
1) Option i & ii
2) Option i & iii
3) Option ii & iv
4) Option i & iv
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Option i & iii
Recently, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has divested its entire stake in National Housing Bank (NHB) and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to the central government for Rs 1,450 crore and Rs 20 crore respectively. Now the central government holds a 100 percent stake in both these financial institutions.Earlier RBI had 100 percent stake in NHB, which was recently divested for Rs 1,450 crores on March 19 this year. RBI has divested its stake in NABARD in two phases. Originally RBI held only 72.5 percent stake in NABARD amounting to Rs 1,450 crore and remaining 27.5 percent stake held by central government.
- Name the private sector bank, which has partnered with Germany based global provider of digital payments and commerce solutions, Wirecard to promote financial inclusion in India.
1) HDFC Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) IDBI Bank
4) RBL Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) RBL Bank
On 25th April 2019, Germany-based global provider of digital payments and commerce solutions Wirecard entered into a partnership with RBL Bank to promote financial inclusion in India.The move will make digital payment and banking transactions easily accessible to all Indian citizens.With this partnership with RBL, Wirecard’s customer service representatives will be able to access basic payment and banking services which include cash withdrawals and deposits as well as balance inquiries. They also can offer an even broader range of digital financial services.
- Under the recommendation of which committee’s report, RBI has divested its entire stake in National Housing Bank (NHB) and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to the central government?
1) Second A C Shah Committee report
2) Second Narasimham committee report
3) Second A Ghosh Committee report
4) Second Adhyarjuna Committee report
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Second Narasimham committee report
Recently, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has divested its entire stake in National Housing Bank (NHB) and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to the central government for Rs 1,450 crore and Rs 20 crore respectively. Now the central government holds a 100 percent stake in both these financial institutions. This step has taken based on the recommendations of the second Narasimham Committee report and the discussion paper prepared by RBI titled “Harmonizing the Role and Operations of Development Financial Institutions and Banks.”
- Name the digital financial services company that has collaborated with Aegon Life Insurance and launched a insurance product “Aegon Life Group Term Plus Plan” for providing death and accident related disability cover up to Rs 2 lakh?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mobikwik
Mobikwik, digital financial services company collaborated with pioneer of digital insurance in India, Aegon Life Insurance to launch a Rs 20 smart digital insurance product in order to protect its wallet users from death and accident related disability cover for up to Rs 2 lakh. The insurance product launched is termed as the Aegon Life Group Term Plus Plan. It is available on MobiKwik App. The main objective for this initiative is to improve the insurance penetration in India (this is currently at 3.7%) , that is to drive financial inclusion for the masses.
- Which public sector bank has launched India’s first ‘Green Car Loan’ (Electric Vehicle) to encourage customers to buy electric vehicles?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Canara Bank
3) State Bank of India (SBI)
4) Indian Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) State Bank of India (SBI)
On World Earth Day- April 22, 2019 the State Bank of India (SBI) has launched India’s first ‘Green Car Loan’ (Electric Vehicle) to encourage customers to buy electric vehicles. The new scheme ‘Green Car Loan’ will offer loan at 20 basis points lower than the interest rate on the existing car loan schemes. The scheme comes with the longest repayment period of up to 8 years. It is thus a strategic inclusion to SBI’s auto loan segment that is offered with zero processing fee for the first 6 months of the launch.SBI has already notified 100% migration to EVs (Electric Vehicles) by 2030 in order to decrease carbon footprints, thus being in line with the government’s pledge of ensuring 30% EVs on road by 2030.
- Name the department, which has prepared the “Startup India Vision 2024” to promote entrepreneurs and to facilitate setting up of 50,000 new start-ups in the country by 2024.
1) Department of Heavy Industries
2) Department of Public Enterprises
3) Department of Information Technology
4) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
The Commerce and Industry Ministry has proposed measures such as tax incentives to promote entrepreneurs as part of the ‘Startup India Vision 2024’. The aim of the vision document is to facilitate setting up of 50,000 new start-ups in the country by 2024 and creating 20 lakh direct and indirect employment opportunities.The vision document has been prepared by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) which is under the Commerce and Industry Ministry.
- Which organization is set to partner with the Embassy of the US to jointly promote domestic investments during ‘Select USA 2019’ summit that will be held in Washington DC?
1) Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI)
2) Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO)
3) National Productivity Council (NPC)
4) Project Exports Promotion Council of India (PEPC)
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI)
The Trade Promotion Council of India (TPCI) on Thursday said it is partnering with Embassy of the US in the national capital to jointly promote domestic investments during ‘Select USA 2019’ summit. The summit, dedicated to promote foreign direct investment in America, will be held from June 10-12 in Washington DC. TPCI has signed a partnership agreement with the US Commercial Service, Embassy of the US in New Delhi for the same, it said in a statement.
- Who won the IPI’s (International Press Institute) World Press Freedom Hero award in 2019 for his “critical” & “tenacious coverage” of the civil-military relations in Pakistan?
1) Mazhar Ali Khan
2) Cyril Almeida
3) Rafael Marques
4) Gen Ziaul Haq
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Cyril Almeida
Dawn editor and Columnist Cyril Almeida from Pakistan has won the IPI’s (International Press Institute) World Press Freedom Hero award in 2019 for his “critical” and “tenacious coverage” of the civil-military relations in Pakistan. And also MadaMasr, an Egyptian news site, has won Free Media Pioneer Award 2019 of the IPI and International Media Support (IMS). Both awards will be presented in IPI’s annual World Congress and General Assembly function to be held in Geneva, Switzerland on 5th June, World Intellectual Property Day 2019. In 2016, after publishing an exclusive story regarding a top-level meeting of civil-military leaders in Dawn, Pakistan Government had imposed a travel ban on Almeida.In 2018, he was again temporarily placed on the Exit Control List (ECL) after publishing an interview with former prime minister Nawaz Sharif.
- Name the script writer, who won the Deenanath Mangeshkar Lifetime Award 2019 recently.
1) Javed Akhtar
2) Vishal Bhardwaj
3) Anurag Kashyap
4) Salim Khan
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Salim Khan
The Award which is organized by Master Deenanath Mangeshkar Smruti Pratishthan charitable trust, Pune, aims to encourage legends from the fields of music, drama, art and social work. The awards were given away by Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat while Directorate General of CRPF Vijay Kumar presided over the function.
• Award for music and art – Classical dancer Sucheta Bhide-Chapekar.
• Lifetime Award – Salim Khan (the father of superstar Salman Khan).
• Special Award for the contribution to Indian cinema – Madhur Bhandarkar.
• Special Award – Helen.
• Vagvilasini Award – VasantAbaji Dahake.
• Mohan Wagh Award (Best Drama of the Year 2019) – Bhadrakali Productions’ “Soyare Sakal”.
• AnandmayeePuraskar- Pandit Suresh Talwalkar of Taalyogi Ashram
- Who was honoured with the National (IP) Intellectual Property Award, 2019 in the category of Top Individual for Patents and Commercialization?
1) Dr. Benny Antony
2) Jomy Jose
3) Dr. Merina
4) P J Kunjachan
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Dr. Benny Antony
Dr. Benny Antony, Joint Managing Director and co-founder of the Kochi-based Arjuna Natural Ltd, has been honoured with the National Intellectual Property Award, 2019 in the category of Top Individual for Patents and Commercialization.Dr. Antony is the inventor of BCM-95, the world’s leading patented turmeric extract formulation. Dr. Antony has over 80 international patents to his credit.Along with the National IP Award, the Intellectual Property Office India and the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) have jointly honoured Antony with the ‘WIPO Medal for Inventors’.
- Who was appointed as the High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Seychelles?
1) Lalit Mansingh
2) Salman Haidar
3) Ausaf Sayeed
4) Dalbir Singh Suhag
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Dalbir Singh Suhag
General (Retd.) Dalbir Singh Suhag has appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of Seychelles. He will succeed Ausaf Sayeed.General Suhag was the 26th Army Chief of the Indian Army from July 2014 to December 2016.The General participated in the Indian Peace Keeping Force operation named Operation Pawan in Sri Lanka in 1987 and served as a Company commander in it.He was the Eastern Army Commander in the year 2016 when Indian soldiers were subjected to a surgical strike against Pakistan at terrorist launch pads inside Pakistan Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (PoK).
- Name the country, that has created the first-ever artificial crater on an asteroid.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Japan
On 25th April 2019, Japanese scientists have successfully created the first-ever artificial crater on an asteroid, which gave some clue on how the solar system evolved. Japan creates world’s 1st artificial crater on asteroid.Yuichi Tsuda, who is the project manager of Hayabusa2 confirmed the crater from images captured by the probe located 1,700 meters (5,500 feet) from the asteroid’s surface.Hayabusa2 space probe shot a projectile at the Ryugu asteroid around 340 million kilometers from Earth, as part of the probe’s mission to explore the origin of life and the evolution of the solar system.
- Which space agency has recorded the first “marsquake,” quake on the mars due to volcanic eruptions or land tides?
1) JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency)
2) NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
3) ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)
4) Italian Space Agency
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Mars InSight lander of NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) has recorded first “marsquake,” quake on the mars due to volcanic eruptions or land tides. The first faint signal, equal to a 2.5 magnitude earthquake came on April 6, the lander’s 128th Martian day, or sol. It has been detected by lander’s Seismic Experiment for Interior Structure (SEIS) instrument.The scientists believe that the tremble comes from the Martian interior, rather than from surface forces.It has been observed that Mars is still seismically active.
- What is the name of the world’s first floating nuclear power plant that is tested by Rosenergoatom of Russia?
3) Akademik Lomonosov
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Akademik Lomonosov
The 70 MW ‘Akademik Lomonosov’, world’s first floating nuclear power plant successfully tested by Rosenergoatom, operator subsidiary of Rosatom, state owned atomic energy cooperation of Russia. The ship was named after famous academician Mikhail Lomonosov. It will replace the four-unit Bilibino plant, with an aggregate 48 MW capacity. The nuclear power plant powered by its twin KLT-40S reactor system. This nuclear reactor was developed by OKBM Afrikantov and assembled by Nizhniy Novgorod Research and Development Institute Atomenergoproekt.The floating nuclear power plant is 144 metres in length, 30 metres wide and has a displacement capability of 21,000 tonnes.
- Two new bird species named as ‘Wakatobi white-eye’ and ‘Wangi-Wangi white-eye’ was found in which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Indonesia
On 24th April 2019, Zoologists at Trinity College Dublin have discovered two new bird species named as the Wakatobi white-eye and the Wangi-Wangi white-eye in the Wakatobi Archipelago of Sulawesi, Indonesia.Details of their discovery were published in the Zoological Journal of the Linnean Society. The discovery revealed the fact of how these species developed.In the same journal, Alfred Wallace and Charles Darwin published their game-changing original ideas about speciation in 1858. A team led by Professor Nicola Marples has been studying birds on Sulawesi Island since 1999.The Wakatobi white-eye also called as Zosterops Chloris flavissimus.
- Which country has attained the One Day International(ODI) status for the first time?
2) United States of America
3) Papua New Guinea
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) United States of America
On 24th April 2019, United States Cricket Team won their first one-day international status with a third straight victory at the World Cricket League Division Two event in Namibia. The Americans defeated Hong Kong by 84 runs.Xavier Marshall, former West Indies batsman scored a century as the Americans made 280-8 while Hong Kong scored 196-7 respectively.Oman has also secured their ODI status.
- Where was the 23rd edition of Asian Athletics Championship also known as Asian Athletics Championship 2019 held recently?
1) Wembley, London
2) Milan, Italy
3) Beijing, China
4) Doha, Qatar
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Doha, Qatar
The 23rd edition of Asian Athletics Championship was held from 21 to 24 April 2019 at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar. India won 17 medals which include 3 gold, 7 silver, and 7 bronze, finished fourth in the tournament. There are total 43 nations competing at Asian Athletics Championship 2019 and 43 events are conducted. This Asian Athletics Championship event is organized by the Asian Athletics Association (AAA). The previous Asian Athletics Championship took place at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, India from 6 to 9 July, 2017.
- Which country won 22 medals and ranked at 1st position in the 23rd edition of Asian Athletics Championship?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Bahrain
The 23rd edition of Asian Athletics Championship was held from 21 to 24 April 2019 at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar.
Top 5 Countries:
Rank Nation Gold Silver Bronze Total 1 Bahrain (BHR) 11 7 4 22 2 China (CHN) 9 13 7 29 3 Japan (JPN) 5 4 9 18 4 India (IND) 3 7 7 17 5 Uzbekistan (UZB) 3 0 2 5
- In which event, Indian Athlete, Gomathi Marimuthu has won the first gold medal in Asian Athletics Championship 2019?
1) 200 metres(Women)
2) 1500 metres(Women)
3) 800 metres(Women)
4) 100 metres(Women)
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) 800 metres(Women)
The 23rd edition of Asian Athletics Championship was held from 21 to 24 April 2019 at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar.A 30- year old Gomathi Marimuthu has won India’s first gold medal of the Asian Athletics Championship 2019, in 800m race. She clocked at 2:02.70s, a personal best timing. Her previous best is 2:03.21s in Federation Cup held in Patiala. Wang Chunyu of China and Margarita Mukasheva of Kazakhstan won silver and bronze respectively.
- Tejinder Pal Singh Toor was recently in news.He belongs to which sport?
1) Javelin throw
2) Shot put
4) 3000m steeplechase
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Shot put
The 23rd edition of Asian Athletics Championship was held from 21 to 24 April 2019 at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar.The 24-year old Tejinder Pal Sing Toor won gold medal in men’s shot put event in the 23rd edition of Asian Athletics Championship held from 21 to 24 April 2019 at the Khalifa International Stadium in Doha, Qatar. with an opening round throw of 20.20 metres which is his seasons best. He has won India’s second gold medal at the tournament.
- Name the English poet, whose date of birth and death date is celebrated as English Language Day.
1) William Blake
2) William Shakespeare
3) William Wordsworth
4) Lord Byron
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) William Shakespeare
English Language Day at the UN is celebrated on 23 April, the date traditionally observed as both the birthday and date of death of William Shakespeare. The Day is the result of a 2010 initiative by the Department of Public Information, establishing language days for each of the Organization’s six official languages. Arabic (18 December),Chinese (20 April),English (23 April),French (20 March),Russian (6 June) and Spanish (23 April).
- What was the theme of the World Malaria Day 2019?
1) Theme – “End malaria for good”
2) Theme – “ Malaria prevention: let’s close the gap
3) Theme – “Zero malaria starts with me”
4) Theme – “Ready to Beat Malaria”
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Theme – “Zero malaria starts with me”
On 25th April 2019, World Malaria Day was celebrated all over the world to create more awareness for the treatment and prevention of the disease. This year, it was observed with a theme “Zero malaria starts with me”. Malaria is caused by the bite of an infected female Anopheles mosquito which is caused by Plasmodium Parasites. Recently, the world’s first malaria vaccine RTS, S also known as Mosquirix has launched in Malawi, that can significantly reduce malaria in children up to two years of age.According to the World Health Organization’s (WHO) World Malaria report, the estimated number of death due to malaria was around 4,35,000 in 2017 and a child dies every 2 minutes from this treatable disease.
- International Girls in ICT (Information and Communications Technology) Day 2019 was observed on __________?
1) April 25
2) April 24
3) April 23
4) April 21
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) April 25
Every year, the fourth Thursday of April is observed as an ‘International Girls in ICT (Information and Communications Technology) Day’ by the United Nations and in 2019, it is celebrated on 25th April. The aim is to bridge the gender digital divide.In 2019, the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) celebrated the International Girls in ICT Day at the African Union Commission in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.This year the special focus is on Africa due to low internet penetration and African region has the widest digital gender gap in the world with only 18.6 percent of women using the Internet as compared with 24.9 percent of men.
- What was the theme of the World Immunisation Week 2019?
1) Theme – ‘Protected , VaccinesWork’
2) Theme – ‘Protect children’
3) Theme – ‘Protect and enhance gender equality’
4) Theme – ‘Protected Together: Vaccines Work’
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Theme – ‘Protected Together: Vaccines Work’
The World Immunisation Week 2019 celebrates ‘Vaccine Heroes’ worldwide ranging from parents and community members to health workers and innovators who help to ensure that we are protected via the power of vaccines. The theme for 2019 is ‘Protected Together: Vaccines Work’.The last week of April (24th-30th) every year is observed as World Immunisation Week in order to promote the use of vaccines for the protection of people of all age-groups against disease.
- National Panchayati Raj Diwas (NPRD) is observed annually on ___________?
1) 23rd April
2) 24th April
3) 25th April
4) 26th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 24th April
National Panchayati Raj Diwas (NPRD) is observed annually on 24th April in India which is anchored by Ministry of Panchayati Raj to mark a defining moment in the history of decentralization of political power to the grassroots level.The first National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated on 24th April 2010 and it was declared by the former Prime Minister of India Manmohan Singh.The Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 that came into force on 24th April 1993 has vested constitutional status on Panchayati Raj institutions.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Where is the headquarter of World Health Organization located?Geneva, Switzerland.
- Who is the chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD)?Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
- Where was the Khalifa International Stadium located?Answer -Doha, Qatar
The Stadium was in news recently bcs the 23rd edition of Asian Athletics Championship held in the stadium.
- What is the Capital and Currency of Ethiopia?Capital: Addis Ababa & Currency: Ethiopian Birr
- Who is the president of Asian Athletics Association (AAA)?Dahlan Al Hamad