Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 24 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- ____________ has become second state after Telangana to ratify Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill, 2017
Answer – 2.Bihar
On April 24, 2017, both the Houses of Bihar Legislature unanimously adopted the Goods and Services Tax (GST) Bill, becoming the second state after Telangana to pave the way for roll out of the GST from July 1, 2017.
- On April 23, 2017, India Post launched _______ scented stamp at price of Rs. 100
1.coffee scented stamp
2.rose scented stamp
3.saffron scented stamp
4.turmeric scented stamp
5.cardamom scented stamp
Answer – 1.coffee-scented stamp
The Coffee Board and India Post launched a coffee-scented stamp in Bengaluru on April 23, 2017. The Rs100 stamp featuring beans, a cup of the brew and the word COFFEE, is on sale via the India Post’s website, plus 84 “philatelic bureaus” across the country. Commerce and Industry Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha launched the stamps at the General Post Office.
- Taking a cue from Tamil Nadu and Kerala,which statehas established a welfare board for transgenders?
Answer – 3.Andhra Pradesh
The “AP Hijra Transgender Welfare Board” was launched at Sri Venkateshwara University in the temple town of Tirupati. The board would be run by the community members with special voting rights for minorities. It is also expected to help transgenders have access to government welfare schemes.
- Asia’s largest Baptist Church has been inaugurated in which state of India?
Answer – 4.Nagaland
Dubbed as Asia’s largest Baptist Church and Asia’s second largest Church, the new Sumi Baptist Church Zunheboto (SBCZ) is now open for public. Standing at the height of 1864.9 m above the sea level, this colossal structure has a height of 166’ft, length of 203’ft and breadth of 153’ft with a total plinth area of 23,73,476 sq.ft and seating capacity of 8500 seats.
- As per figures revealed by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI), India has become world’s _____ largest military spender in year 2016
Answer – 1.fifth
India’s military expenditure for 2016 was $55.9 billion, which marks 8.5% growth over 2015 figure. US retained its position as largest military spender in the world. It registered 1.7% growth in military expenditure as compared to 2015.
- Who among the following has broken the record for ‘most days in space by a US astronaut’?
Answer – 2.Peggy Whitson
Dr Whitson already holds records for the most spacewalks carried out by a woman astronaut and is the first woman to command the International Space Station (ISS) twice. Now she’s beaten the record previously set by Jeff Williams, who had a total of 534 days in space.
- First tranche of Sovereign Gold Bonds Scheme for the year 2017-18 has opened for subscription from April 24, 2017. It has been priced at Rs. _______ per gm
1.Rs. 2701 per gm
2.Rs. 2801 per gm
3.Rs. 2901 per gm
4.Rs. 3001 per gm
5.Rs. 3101 per gm
Answer – 3.Rs 2901 per gm
The Sovereign Gold Bonds Scheme was first announced in Union Budget 2015-16. Consequentially, the first tranche was issued in November 2015. Till date, seven tranches of SGBs have been issued and as a result 6,410 kg of gold has been mobilised.
- Confederation of Real Estate Developers’ Associations of India (CREDAI) has signed an agreement with which public sector bank to provide loans at a concessional rate to builders as well as customers for affordable housing projects?
1.Bank of Baroda
4.State Bank of India
5.Punjab National Bank
Answer – 4.State Bank of India
SBI and CREDAI have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to collaborate and work towards the development of the real estate sector, specifically through the affordable housing and green housing projects. The duration of the agreement is for a period of three years.
- India has replaced ______as the world’s second-largest importer of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG)
Answer – 1.Japan
Import of LPG, which is mostly used as cooking fuel in India, during 2016 -17 was 11 Million Tonnes. This marks a growth of 23% as compared to previous year. During the same period Japan imported 10.6 million tonnes LPG, marking a 3.2% reduction as compared to previous year.
- Which country has decided to import Indian Mangoes for the first time?
Answer – 2.Australia
Indian mangoes will be imported to Australia for the first time after protocols were revised to allow the Asian-grown fruit into the local economy. The fruit would be allowed into Australia as long as they were treated with irradiation before leaving India.
- India has imposed an anti-dumping duty of up to USD 135.40 per tonne for a period of five years on imports of a chemical used in foam making from:
Answer – 4.Thailand
The move is aimed at protecting domestic players from cheap imports of ‘Flexible Slabstock Polyol’ from the South- East Asian country. The application for the anti-dumping investigation was filed by Manali Petrochemicals Ltd on behalf of the domestic industry.
- Air India has partnered with which aerospace company to set up a maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility in Secunderabad?
4.Lockheed Martin, US
Answer – 5.Embraer, Brazil
State-owned Air India has partnered with Brazilian aerospace major Embraer to set up maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) facility to maintain its private and business jets in the entire Southeast Asian region. The proposed facility is expected to come up at the Begumpet airport in Secunderabad in Telangana.
- Who among the following has been announced as one of the six winners of 2017 Goldman Environmental Prize?
Answer – 2.Prafulla Samantra
The Goldman Environmental Prize website describes Prafulla Samantra as “An iconic leader of social justice movements in India, who led a historic 12-year legal battle that affirmed the indigenous Dongria Kondh’s land rights and protected the Niyamgiri Hills from a massive, open-pit aluminium ore mine.”
- Who among the following has been presented the P.C. Chandra Purashkar?
4.Aung San Suu Kyi
Answer – 3.Kailash Satyarthi
Nobel laureate and social activist Kailash Satyarthi was presented the P.C. Chandra Purashkar (award) for his global crusade against child slavery and exploitative child labour. Satyarthi was handed over a citation, a trophy and a cheque of Rs 10 lakh.
- Which among the following film has won the best film honour at the Hong Kong International Film Festival?
Answer – 3.Newton
Actor Rajkummar Rao-starrer “Newton” has won the best film honour at the Hong Kong International Film Festival. Amit Masurkar-directed “Newton”, which also stars Anjali Patil, is a political satire. It had its world premiere at the 67th Berlin Film Festival where it won the International Federation of Art Cinemas (CICAE) award.
- Who among the following has been elected as the President of Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI)?
Answer – 3.Mridul Gehlot
Mridul Gehlot has been unanimously elected president of Amateur Kabaddi Federation of India (AKFI). Observers from the Sports Ministry, Indian Olympic Association, International Kabaddi Federation and Asian Kabaddi Federation were also present for the elections.
- Which Indian company will acquire US-based mortgage business service provider Urban Fulfillment Services, LLC for more than Rs 199 crore?
1.Tata Consultancy Services
Answer – 4.HCL Technologies
HCL Technologies has said it would acquire US-based mortgage business service provider Urban Fulfillment Services, LLC for more than Rs 199 crore, in a deal that would help it to expand its local workforce in the US. Through the acquisition of UFS, HCL aims to scale up its digital technology based services to clients.
- Who among the following has won the Men’s Singles title at Monte Carlo Masters Tennis tournament?
Answer – 2.Rafael Nadal
Rafael Nadal captured an incredible 10th Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters crown by beating fellow Spaniard Albert Ramos-Vinolas. The victory also sees Nadal clinch his 50th clay-court crown, breaking the record he shared with Guillermo Vilas since 24 April 2016.
- Indian tennis player _______ and his Uruguayan partner Pablo Cuevas have won Men’s Doubles title at Monte Carlo Masters Tennis tournament?
Answer – 3.Rohan Bopanna
India’s Rohan Bopanna and his Uruguayan partner Pablo Cuevas lifted their first ATP World Tour title together when they downed seventh-seeds Feliciano Lopez and Marc Lopez in a three-set battle in the final of the Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters.
- Which state has won the team championship at the National Youth Athletics Meet on April 23, 2017?
Answer – 4.Haryana
Haryana beat arch rivals Kerala after six years to win the team championship at the National Youth Athletics Meet. Haryana emerged champions with 166.5 points. Kerala, which stood at the top place in the last five years, could manage only 134.75 points to finish runners-up.
- ’National Panchayati Raj Day’ is celebrated by Union Ministry of Panchayati Raj on which date every year?
Answer – 3.24th April
’National Panchayati Raj Day’ marks the passing of the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 that came into force with effect from 24 April 1993. Every year on this day Union Ministry of Panchayati Raj organises National Conference to commemorate the National Panchayati Raj Diwas.C