Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 2 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- On 1st April 2017, which scheme was launched by Union Textiles Minister, Ms. Smriti Irani for development of powerloom sector in India?
A.ReviveTex India Scheme
B.PowerTex India Scheme
C.FutureTex India Scheme
D.RisingTex India Scheme
Answer – B.PowerTex India Scheme
Union Textiles Minister, Ms. Smriti Irani launched PowerTex India Scheme on 1stApril 2017 at Bhiwandi in Thane district of Maharashtra. It is a gamut of schemes aimed at development of powerloom sector in India with a special focus on small powerloom weavers. The scheme was simultaneously launched at 45 locations across India.
- What is the length of India’s longest Chenani-Nashri All-weather road tunnel, that was inaugurated on 2nd April 2017?
Answer – A.10890 m
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the India’s longest Chenani-Nashri All-weather road tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway on April 2, 2017. The tunnel is among the longest highway tunnels in Asia. The tunnel was built at a cost of Rs 2519 crore at an altitude of 1,200 meters above sea level.
- India’s first International Centre for Foot and Mouth Disease(ICFMD) has been inaugurated in which state?
Answer – C. Odisha
India’s first International Centre for Foot and Mouth Disease (ICFMD) has been inaugurated by Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh at Argul near Bhubaneswar in Odisha on 1st April 2017. This centre will play a key role in protecting livestock from Foot-and-Mouth Disease Virus (FMDV).
- Which among the following has become the 27th state to join UDAY scheme?
Answer – : D.Mizoram
The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Government of India (GoI) and Mizoram under the scheme Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY). The agreement was signed for operational improvement of the State’s Power Distribution Department. By this agreement Mizoram would get an overall net benefit of approximately Rs.198 crores by participating in UDAY.
- On April 1, 2017,State Bank of India (SBI)successfully merged with its five associate banks and Bharatiya Mahila Bank. By this merger, SBI ranks at ______ position in the league of Top 50 Global Banks.
Answer – A. 44th
Post this merger, SBI now has 2.77 lakh employees, 50 crore customers, more than 25000 branches and 58000 ATMs. The market share of SBI has increased to nearly 22 per cent from 17 percent. Now SBI has the largest branch and ATM network in India.
- The New Development Bank (NDB)has invested a total of USD 1.5 billion through 7 projects in the year 2015 and 2016. NDB has been floated by:
C.International Monetary Fund
D.US Federal Reserve Board
Answer – B.BRICS Countries
Information about NDB’s investments was shared by NDB president K V Kamath during the second annual meeting of the bank on April 1, 2017. Out of the seven projects, six of the projects were from renewable sectors and one in transport financing sector.
- For the first time,Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)has assigned a task of making two Full Multi-Crore Heavy Duty Satellites to which private sector high-tech defense equipment supplier?
A.Illuminati Design Technologies
B.NextGen Design Technologies
C.Alpha Design Technologies
D.Alliance Design Technologies
Answer – C.Alpha Design Technologies
Alpha Design Technologies Private Ltd is a set up to utilize Government of India’s policies for liberalization and opening of Defense Production to Private Sector Industries. Its headquarters is located in Bangalore and Col. H.S. Shankar is the Chairman.
- Who has been appointed as the Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the UN offices in Geneva (UNOG) onMarch 30, 2017?
B.Vijay Kumar Rajput
C.Kirpal Singh Ahluwalia
D.Rajiv Kumar Chander
Answer – D.Rajiv Kumar Chander
Rajiv Kumar Chander, who is from 1983 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed the Ambassador and Permanent Representative of India to the UN offices in Geneva (UNOG) on March 30, 2017. He will succeed Ajit Kumar, who is from 1979 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) at the Geneva office in May, 2017.
- Which mobile application has been launched by Madhya Pradesh government to provide various municipal services online?
Answer – A. MP e-Nagarpalika
This App was launched by Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chouhan.
The mobile app is the part of Rs 225-crore e-nagarpalika project, under which all municipal services would be made available online on a unified web platform.
- Grant Elliott,who confirmed his retirement from international cricket on March 30, 2017, is an all-rounder cricketer from which country?
Answer – B. New Zealand
Grant Elliot will retire from cricket after playing his last T20 series against England.
He registered his retirement officially after receiving a special presentation alongside with Nathan McCullum.
- Joyciline Jepkosgei of Kenya is associated with which sport?
C.Long Distance Running
Answer – C.Long Distance Running
Joyciline Jepkosgei (female long distance runner) of Kenya broke three world records by winning the Prague Half Marathon in Czech Republic on April 1, 2017. Defending champion Violah Jepchumba and Fancy Chemutai, both from Kenya finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- ‘World Autism Awareness Day’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – B.2nd April
World autism Awareness Day is observed on 2nd April every year by United Nations (UN) member countries to raise awareness about autism and problems faced by people suffering from it. World Autism Awareness Day Theme 2017: ‘Toward Autonomy and Self-Determination’
- The designing and rebranding of State Bank of India’s (SBI’s) new logo has been done by which company?
Answer – B.Design Stack
From 1st April 2017, the associate banks which will be merging with State Bank of India will be displaying the SBI’s signage and logo. Some minor changes have been done in design and colour of SBI’s logo. Background of the original SBI sign board has been changed from white to inky blue, whereas the SBI logo has been changed to few shades lighter version. On the design, “SBI” legend will be seen in white colour and will be written in a new font called Effra.
- The Central Government has given its approval for setting up 1,320 MW coal-based super critical Khurja Thermal Power Project at a cost of Rs 9,747.5 crore in which district of Uttar Pradesh?
Answer – C.Bulandshahr
This project will be implemented by state-run THDC India Ltd (THDCIL) along with the Uttar Pradesh State Govt. It is expected to ease electricity shortage problem faced in Northern India.
- Which among the following space agencies has developed lithium ion battery for satellite and launch vehicle applications?
A.European Space Agency
B.National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
C.Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
D.The Roscosmos State Corporation for Space Activities (Russia)
Answer – C.Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
Dr Jitendra Singh, the Minister of State for the Development of North Eastern Region officially released the information that Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) has developed the four types of Lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries. The four types of batteries that have been developed are –1.5Ah, 5Ah, 50Ah and 100Ah.