AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 19 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- How much amount was allocated by Union Cabinet headed by PM Narendra Modi for implementing 10% EWS Quota to create over 2 lakhs additional seats?
1) Rs. 3315.15 crores
2) Rs. 3815.15 crores
3) Rs. 4315.15 crores
4) Rs. 4420.15 crores
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Rs. 4315.15 crores
Recently, Rs. 4315.15 crores budget has been approved by Union Cabinet headed by PM Narendra Modi, to create over 2 lakhs additional seats in 158 central education institutions. The additional seats were created over next two years to implement 10 per cent Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) reservation.According to senior officials of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), a total of 2,14,766 additional seats will be created out of which 1,19,983 seats will be created in 2019-20 and the remaining 95,783 seats in 2020-21.
- Which country’s border trade route was suspended from Jammu & Kashmir LOC by Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) of Indian government recently?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Pakistan
On April 18, 2019, Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) issued an order to suspend the LOC (Line of Control) trade between Jammu & Kashmir and Pakistan occupied Jammu & Kashmir (POJK). The reason for the suspension is due to an increase in terror funding, drug trade and fake currencies among other illegal activities by misusing trade routes.The trade between J&K and POJK is allowed through two Trade Facilitation centers. First, one located at Salamabad, Uri, district Baramulla and the second one located at Chakkan-da-Bagh, district Poonch.The trade across LOC is meant to facilitate the exchange of goods, 4 days in a week between local populations across the LOC in J&K. The medium of exchange of goods is the barter system with zero duty on trade.
- Name the international organization, which has released the guidelines on the usage of digital health technology to boost health of the people.
1) Union of International Associations
2) United Nations
4) World Health Organization(WHO)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) World Health Organization(WHO)
WHO has released New Guidelines On 10 Ways To Use Digital Health Technology To Boost People’s Health The guidelines were based on a 2-year-long research study by WHO on digital technologies which was inclusive of consultations with global experts. The guidelines state ways for employing digital tools for birth notifications, deploying health worker decision support tools and using telemedicine (the remote diagnosis and treatment of patients with the help of telecommunications technology).
- Which of the following warships will participate in the Chinese International Fleet Review (IFR) maritime parade in Qingdao?
i. INS Kolkata
ii. INS Arihant
iii. INS Kalvari
iv. INS Shakti
1) Option i & ii
2) Option i & iv
3) Option iii & ii
4) Option iv & ii
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Option i & iv
As part of the 70th Anniversary of People’s Liberation Army Navy celebrations in China, two Indian Navy warships, namely INS Kolkata and INS Shakti will participate in the Chinese International Fleet Review (IFR) maritime parade in Qingdao,on April 23.The main objective of the IFR is to promote goodwill, co-operation strengthening and exhibit their organizational capabilities. INS Kolkata is a warship of Kolkata class stealth guided missile destroyers.INS Shakti is a deepak class fleet tanker.
- Which general insurance company is set to participate in 12th Astana Economic Forum 2019?
1) United India Insurance
2) New India Assurance
3) General Insurance Corporation
4) Life Insurance Corporation
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) General Insurance Corporation
India’s General Insurance Corporation (GICNSE -0.96 %) could soon emerge as the key firm for re-insurance issues for the vast and emerging Eurasian market. Astana International Finance Centre (AIFC), Central Asia’s emerging financial hub, held negotiations with the management of the General Insurance Corporation. The GIC management will participate in the 12th Astana Economic Forum and is ready to continue negotiations on cooperation with AIFC and sign the Agreement during the visit of its delegation to Kazakh capital.
- Which country received loan worth 267$ million(appx.) from EXIM Bank of India to implement various projects viz agriculture,road projects etc.,?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Rwanda
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) notified that Exim Bank has proffered soft loans worth 266.6$ million to Rwanda for various projects. The funding for the projects has been done in 3 distinct tranches. Thse names of the projects are as follows: for supporting agricultural projects for the development of Special Economic Zones (SEZs) for financing road projects in Rwanda.Amount of funds for the separate tranches are listed as under: Exim Bank, according to the agreement will provide $100 million to finance the development of 2 SEZs, as well as for the expansion of the Kigali SEZ in Rwanda. $100 million to finance 3 agricultural project schemes, namely, Warufu Multipurpose Project, Mugesera Irrigation Project and Nyamukana Irrigation Project. $66.60 million for the Base-Butaro-Kidaho Road Project.
- Which type of startup was allowed to test the regulatory sandbox or live-testing of innovative products and services in segments as per the draft named “Enabling Framework for Regulatory Sandbox” ?
1) Buyable startups
2) Scalable startups
3) Fintech startups
4) Lifestyle startups
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Fintech startups
Recently, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) released a 14 page draft document named “Enabling Framework for Regulatory Sandbox” in which RBI proposes that Fintech start-ups can set up regulatory sandbox or live-testing of innovative products and services in segments such as digital KYC, retail payments and data analytics among others in the financial sector.
- Name the head of the committee, who propose the concept of Regulatory Sandbox (RS) .
1) Viral V Acharya
2) Chetan Ghate
3) Pami Dua
4) Sudarshan Sen
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Sudarshan Sen
The concept of Regulatory Sandbox (RS) was proposed by a committee headed by RBI Executive Director Sudarshan Sen. RBI issues guidelines to prevent market. According to bank regulator RBI, a Regulatory Sandbox (RS) refers to live-testing of new products or services in a secure and test regulatory environment for which regulators may or may not allow certain regulatory relaxations for the limited purpose of the testing.
- Which insurance company has received ISO 31000:2018 certification by TUV India?
1) Bharti AXA General Insurance
2) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited
3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited
4) New India Assurance Co. Ltd.
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited
An insurance giant Cholamandalam MS General Insurance Company Limited has received ISO 31000:2018 certification by TUV India. Chola MS has received certification for applying risk management system which conforms to the prescribed standards. ISO 31000:2018 is an international risk management standard developed by International Organisation for Standardization (ISO). This standard issues guidelines, framework, principles and a process for risk management.
- Name the Padma Bhushan awardee, who was honoured by inducting into the 2019 list of new fellows of the UK’s Royal Society.
1) Yusuf Hamied
2) Manjul Bhargava
3) Anant Parekh
4) Akshay Venkatesh
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Yusuf Hamied
On 18th April 2019, Padma Bhushan awardee Yusuf Hamied (82) who is the chairman of Cipla pharmaceutical company was honoured in the 2019 list of new fellows of the UK’s Royal Society. Yusuf Hamied.It is an independent scientific academy of the UK and the Commonwealth, for promoting excellence in science.He was born on 25th July 1936 in Vilnius, Lithuania, raised in Mumbai and known for his effort to produce low-cost drugs to treat diabetes, cancer and other diseases.
- Which country’s peacekeepers were honoured with UN Medal for their service in UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS)?
1) South Sudan Peacekeepers
2) US Peacekeepers
3) Indian Peacekeepers
4) Bangladesh Peacekeepers
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Indian Peacekeepers
On 15th April 2019, in Malakal, South Sudan, the UN Mission in South Sudan (UNMISS) awarded 150 Indian peacekeepers with Medals of Honour for serving the mission with extreme dedication and sacrifice.Colonel Amit Gupta who commands a battalion of 850 soldiers in the Upper Nile region, South Sudan was 1 among the recipients of the Medal of Honour.Under Colonel Amit Gupta’s command, Indian peacekeepers conducted veterinary camps and run a veterinary hospital in Malakal, South Sudan.
- Who was appointed as the Ambassador of India to the Republic of Lebanon?
1) Lakshmi Kant Jha
2) Asaf Ali
3) Sanjiv Arora
4) Dr.Suhel Ajaz
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Dr.Suhel Ajaz
Deputy chief of mission in the embassy of India in Riyadh,Dr.Suhel Ajaz khan has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to the Republic of Lebanon.He hails from Indore,Madhya Pradesh. He will succeed Sanjiv Arora.He completed MBBS from Mahatma Gandhi Memorial Medical college, Indore.From American University in Cairo,Dr Khan completed a high intermediate level course in Arabic Language.In 1997,he joined the Indian foreign service.
- To which country, India has appointed Jaideep Sarkar as High Commissioner?
2) South Africa
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) South Africa
A 1987-batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer Jaideep Sarkar, currently serving as India’s ambassador in Bhutan, appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to the Republic of South Africa. He will succeed Ruchi Ghanashyam. Jaideep SarkarKey HighlightsAfter joining IFS service, Sarkar served in many different Indian missions in Tokyo, Seoul and Bangladesh.He also served in the Finance Ministry from 1992-1996. His responsibility is to deal with economic relations with European Union member countries.In 2004, Sarkar appointed as a director in Prime Minister’s Office (PMO). As a director, he dealt with a number of ministries including MEA, Finance and Planning.
- Who was the first Indian female scientist to be elected as a Fellow of the royal Society (FRS) in the UK?
1) Tessy Thomas
2) Rohini Godbole
3) Aditi Pant
4) Gagandeep Kang
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Gagandeep Kang
On 16th April 2019, Gagandeep Kang, 56 year old, executive director of Translational Health Science and technology Institute at Faridabad, has become the first Indian female scientist to be elected as a Fellow of the royal Society (FRS) in the UK in the 359 year history of the prestigious scientific academy. Gagandeep Kangi. Dr. Kang, called India’s vaccine “God Mother”,developed a vaccine against Rota Virus and was first identified by AIIMS, New Delhi in 1985.
- Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga is the Prime Minister of which country, who has resigned along with his entire government after Ogossagou massacre?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Mali
On 18th April 2019, The Mali government resigned after criticism over the handling of the rising violence in the country and Ogossagou massacre that resulted in the deaths of 160 people on March 2019. Soumeylou Boubeye Maiga‘s Goverment came to power in December 31, 2017. Mali’s Prime Minister,Soumeylou Boubeye Maigai. Maiga, the leader of “Alliance for Solidarity in Mali” ,From 2011-12, served as Foreign Minister of Mali under the President Amadou Toumani Toure and was the Secretary General of the Presidency from 2016 to 2017 and was Defence Minister from 2013 to 14.
- Name the person who was designated as the member of Railway Board under Signal & Telecom department.
1) Girish Pillai
2) V.P. Pathak
3) N. Kashinath
4) Arun Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) N. Kashinath
Shri N. Kashinath took over as Member (Signal & Telecom) of Railway Board on 16th April, 2019. He was associated with Train Describer Project, Survey for the Mobile Train Radio Communication in Northeast Frontier Railway, etc. V.P. Pathak took over as Member (Materials Management) Railway Board on 16th April, 2019. Previously, he had been working as Director General (RS), Railway Board since June 2018, and General Manager of Chittaranjan Locomotive Works since December 2016.
- Research team of which institute has identified a new method to detect breast and ovarian cancer recently?
1) IIT Delhi
2) IIT Roorkee
3) IIT Kharagpur
4) IIT Kanpur
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IIT Roorkee
On 17th April 2019, the Research team led by Kiran Ambatipudi from the Biotechnology Department at the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee has identified a new method to detect breast and ovarian cancer. The research published in the journal, ‘FASEB Bioadvances’. They identified certain proteins present in the saliva that could act as salivary biomarkers in the diagnosis of breast and ovarian cancers.
- Name the journal, which has published about the first molecule of the universe- Helium hydride ion (HeH+) that is formed 380,000 years after the big bang (Era : Recombination Epoch).
1) Journal of Biology
3) The Lancet
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Nature
Scientists have discovered the most ancient type of molecule in our universe, Helium Hydride ion (HeH+)in space, which supports the theories assumed to have formulated the universe after the Big Bang Theory. This molecule is believed to occur when a helium atom shares its electron with a hydrogen nucleus or a proton.This positive ion is considered the first molecule in the universe formed 380,000 years after the big bang (Era : Recombination Epoch) and is regarded as the first Molecular Bond.The latest news was published by Journal Nature.
- Name the NASA’s first female astronaut candidate, who passed away at the age of 88 in Florida.
1) Jerrie Cobb
2) Sharon Christa McAuliffe
3) Mya Lecia Naylor
4) Georgia Engel
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Jerrie Cobb
On 19th April 2019, pilot Jerrie Cobb, who was NASA’s first female astronaut candidate passed away at the age of 88 in Florida due to illness. Jerrie Cobb.She was born on 5th March 1931, in Norman, Oklahoma.She became the first woman to pass astronaut testing in 1961. Total 13 women passed the physical testing and became known as the Mercury 13.
- Cricket all-rounder, Con de Lange passed away.He belongs to which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Scotland
Scotland all-rounder Con de Lange, who had been diagnosed with brain tumor, passed away on 18th April, 2019 at the age of 38. He was a slow left-armer and middle-order batsman.Lange had played 21 internationals for Scotland, making his debut in a Twenty20 International against Ireland in June 2015.He also played domestic cricket for Cape Cobras and Knights in South Africa, and Northamptonshire in England.
- Name the former president of West Indies cricket Board (WICB) who passed away recently.
1) Phillip Hughes
2) Patrick Rousseau
3) Wasim Raja
4) Darryn Randall
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Patrick Rousseau
On 17th April 2019, Patrick Rousseau, aged 85, former president of West Indies cricket Board (WICB), from 1996 to 2001,and Jamaican Attorney at law has died in Jamaica.He hailed from Jamaica. He started first professional cricket academy in Granada.He has worked in the Law Department for more than 50 years.
- What is the name of the book containing English translation of the 100 year old classic Punjabi poem about Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
1) Drummer Hodge
2) Poets of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre
3) Poems about war
4) Khooni Vaisakhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Khooni Vaisakhi
On 19th April 2019, a book containing English translation of the 100 year old classic Punjabi poem about Jallianwala Bagh massacre, ‘Khooni Vaisakhi’ has been released in Abu Dhabi and was commended by India’s Ambassador to the UAE Navdeep Singh Suri.It was translated by Mr. Suri whose grandfather, revolutionary poet and novelist Nanak Singh, who was a Jallianwala Bagh survivor, wrote it after witnessing the Jallianwala Bagh massacre on 13th April 1919.
- World Liver Day is observed annually on ___________?
1) April 19
2) April 18
3) April 17
4) April 16
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) April 19
April 19 was observed as World Liver Day. This day is meant to raise awareness about liver and following a lifestyle which supports liver health.This day is observed to understand importance of liver in human body and how liver ailments can be treated.As per World Health Organisation (WHO), liver diseases are 10th most common cause of death in India.
- When was Good Friday also known as Holy Friday or Black Friday observed?
1) April 18
2) April 17
3) April 16
4) April 19
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) April 19
On 19th April 2019, Christians all around the world celebrated Good Friday also known as Holy Friday or Black Friday.The day is observed every year in honor and remembrance of Jesus’s Crucifixion and Christians believe Jesus was crucified on Good Friday and rose again three days later which is marked as Easter.Many countries observe Good Friday as a national holiday on the Friday before Easter
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- When was Indian Navy founded?1612
- What is the Capital and Currency of Rwanda?Capital: Kigali & Currency: Rwandan franc
- Where is the headquarter of International Organisation for Standardization (ISO) located?Geneva, Switzerland
- Who is the Prime Minister of Lebanon?Saad Hariri
- Where was the Desert National Park (DNP) located?Answer – Rajasthan
This park is recently in news when it is identified that 150 of the critically endangered Great Indian Bustards (GIBs)was found in the Jaisalmer area of the Desert National Park (DNP) in Thar. This was submitted in the ‘factual report’ by the state forest department following a directive of the National Green Tribunal (NGT). The NGT had directed the Union ministry of environment and forests (MoEF) to submit the ‘factual report’ in two months on a petition filed by the Centre for Wildlife and Environment Litigation (CWEL).