Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 18 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated fully automated cattle feed plant of SUMUL Dairy at:
1.Bajipura Village, Gujarat
2.Santola Village, Gujarat
3.Ranpur Village, Gujarat
4.Jaspur Village, Gujarat
5.Bhimpur Village, GujaratAnswer – 1.Bajipura Village, Gujarat
On April 17, 2017, PM Modi inaugurated a fully automated cattle feed plant of SUMUL Dairy at Bajipura village in Tapi district of Gujarat. Surat District Co-operative Milk Producers’ Union Ltd (SUMUL) is one among the 17 district unions that are part of the Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd, the marketers of AMUL brand of products.
- National Commission for Women (NCW) has collaborated with which entity to develop training modules for empowering women panchayat leaders?
4.Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
5.IIM-AhmedabadAnswer – 4.Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
The Central Govt. has launched a training programme for women panchayat leaders to train them in governance and administration with a special emphasis on efficient usage of funds to achieve overall development. The National Commission for Women (NCW) with the help of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai, has developed training modules for empowering these elected women leaders.
- Which State Govt. has announced ‘Advanced Farming Enriched Farmer’ scheme, with an aim to increase farmers’ income by cutting production cost and increasing the output?
5.KarnatakaAnswer – 4.Maharashtra
This scheme will be launched in the upcoming kharif season. Raising production of major crops (up to the level of its genetic yield potential), Diversification of crops, Introducing marketing techniques and Uniting farmers through farm producers’ companies and making them financially stable are the major tasks to be executed under this scheme.
- President Pranab Mukherjee has inaugurated 3rd edition of the Global Exhibition on Services (GES 2017)from Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. GES 2017 is being held in:
1.Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
5.Cuttack, OdishaAnswer – 1.Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
GES-2017 is being held at India Expo Mart in Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh. It will continue till April 20, 2017. It has been organised by Ministry of Commerce and Industry together with the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Services Export Promotion Council.
- Which State Govt. has decided to provide pension to former circus artistes in the state?
5.AssamAnswer – 2.Kerala
The CPI (M)-led LDF government in Kerala has decided to provide pension to former circus artistes in the state. Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan had recently visited Kannur district which is considered to be the cradle of Indian circus. During this visit, group of circus artists met the CM and briefed him of their plight. Kerala State Govt. has allocated Rs 1.13 crore for this purpose.
- Which higher education institute of India will introduce Vastu Shastra classes for its architecture students from August, 2017?
1.J J School of Architecture, Mumbai
2.School of Planning and Architecture, New Delhi
3.Manipal School of Architecture and Planning, Manipal
4.Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
5.Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, AhmedabadAnswer – 4.Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
The country’s oldest IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) at Kharagpur is reportedly introducing Vastu Shastra classes for its architecture students. While undergraduate students at IIT-Kharagpur will be introduced to the basics of Vastu Shastra, for post-graduate and research scholars, the study will be more detailed.
- Which country has abolished its ‘457 Visa’, a visa programme which is used largely by Indians?
5.FranceAnswer – 4.Australia
Australia has abolished a visa programme used by over 95,000 temporary foreign workers, majority of them Indians, to tackle the growing unemployment in the country. The programme, known as 457 visa, allows business to employ foreign workers for a period up to four years in skilled jobs where there is a shortage of Australian workers. The programme will be replaced by another visa programme, with new restrictions.
- Which among the following public sector undertaking (PSU) surpassed ONGC in terms of market capitalisation on April 18, 2017?
1.State Bank of India (SBI)
2.Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
4.Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.
5.Coal India Ltd.Answer – 1.State Bank of India (SBI)
State Bank of India (SBI) surpassed oil exploration major Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) to become most valued public sector undertaking (PSU) stock in terms of market capitalization (m-cap) in intra-day trade on April 18, 2017.
- On April 12, 2017, which of the following banks celebrated its 123rd Foundation Day?
1.Bank of Baroda
2.Punjab National Bank
3.Bank of India
5.Corporation BankAnswer – 2.Punjab National Bank
On the occasion of its 123rd Foundation Day, Punjab National Bank (PNB) launched three new products for its customers. The three new products are automated electronic toll collection to facilitate hassle-free toll payment/ collection; a credit card mobile App; and a scheme for financing a grid connected Roof Solar Power Project.
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has inked a supervisory cooperation pact with the Central bank of which Asian country for information sharing?
5.MyanmarAnswer – 3.Bhutan
A memorandum of understanding on Supervisory Cooperation and Exchange of Supervisory Information was signed by RBI Deputy Governor S S Mundra and Royal Monetary Authority of Bhutan Deputy Governor Phajo Dorjee.
- In April 2017, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) opened ombudsman offices in which two cities?
1.Bhubaneswar, Odisha and Ranchi, Jharkhand
2.Raipur, Chhattisgarh and Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir
3.Raipur, Chhattisgarh and Bhubaneswar, Odisha
4.Ranchi, Jharkhand and Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir
5.Bhubaneswar, Odisha and Jammu, Jammu& KashmirAnswer – 2. Raipur, Chhattisgarh and Jammu, Jammu & Kashmir
The office in Jammu will have the jurisdiction over entire Jammu and Kashmir which was under the jurisdiction of the office of the banking ombudsman in New Delhi-I. New office in Raipur will look into the grievances of residents and entities in Chhattisgarh.
- Which city will host the main event of the International Day of Yoga (IDY) celebrations on June 21, 2017?
3.Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
4.Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
5.Bengaluru, KarnatakaAnswer – 3.Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow, has been finalised to host the main event of the International Day of Yoga (IDY) celebrations in which Prime Minister Narendra Modi will participate. A team of Ayush Ministry officials visited Lucknow last week and shortlisted Ramabai Ambedkar Maidan, Baudh Vihar Shanti Upvan and Janeshwar Mishra Park as possible venues for the third edition of IDY.
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has finalised a memorandum of understanding with which organisation to help develop low-cost lithium ion batteries for electric vehicles?
2.Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
5.Mahindra & MahindraAnswer – 2. Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)
This MoU is expected to take care of concerns on managing the waste generated at the end of battery life. According to the MoU, BHEL will set up a production plant, while ISRO will provide support for scale-up, joint effort in cost optimisation, research and development for alternate chemistry and buyback commitment.
- Which State Govt. has formulated guidelines for a market intervention exercise to support Red Chilli farmers in the state?
5.West BengalAnswer – 3.Andhra Pradesh
Chilli prices crashed from Rs. 14,000 per quintal last year to below Rs. 5,000 per quintal for most varieties this year, forcing the State government to take up the market intervention exercise. Under the guidelines of the scheme, every farmer can get an additional benefit of Rs. 1,500 per quintal, subject to a ceiling of 20 quintals, and the price per quintal should not exceed Rs. 8,000 inclusive of the Rs. 1,500 per quintal being offered by the government.
- Who among the following has been conferred with Dr. Paduru Gururaja Bhat Memorial Award 2017?
1.Prof. A.V. Narasimha Murthi
2.Prof. L.K. Dasgupta
3.Prof. G.N. Vaghela
4.Prof. A.P. Balasubramaniam
5.Prof. K.S. SagarAnswer – 1. Prof. A.V. Narasimha Murthi
On April, 17, 2017, D.V. Sadananda Gowda – Union Minister for Statistics and Programme Implementation, conferred the Dr. Paduru Gururaja Bhat Memorial Award 2017 on historian and archaeologist Prof. A.V. Narasimha Murthi in Udipi, Karnataka. This award has been conferred upon him to recognise his contribution to Indian Archaelogy, Ancient History and Numismatics.
- Indian Navy’s indigenously designed guided missile destroyer _____ was formally dedicated to the city on April 17, 2017
5.”INS Visakhapatnam”Answer – 2. “INS Chennai”
Naval ship ‘INS Chennai’ was formally dedicated to the city in the presence of Chief Minister K Palaniswami and Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command, Vice-Admiral HCS Bisht. The dedication ceremony of the ‘P15A Guided Missile Destroyer’ was marked by a series of drills and events, besides unveiling of a plaque by Palaniswami at the Chennai Port Trust.
- Leading bot platform Gupshup has launched a bot-to-bot communication platform. This platform has been named as:
5.’BotBook’Answer – 2.‘InterBot’
Leading bot platform Gupshup has announced the launch of ‘InterBot’, a first of its type platform that enables bot-to-bot communication. Ability to communicate will give bots human-like capabilities to transact, co-ordinate, compete, collaborate and negotiate with each other.
- Allan Holdsworth, who passed away on April 15, 2017, was a renowned:
5.British Novel WriterAnswer – 4. British Guitarist
Allan Holdsworth was a British guitarist and composer. He released twelve studio albums as a solo artist and played a variety of musical styles spanning a period of more than four decades. He is best known for his work in jazz fusion.
- Devineni Rajashekhar who passed away on April 17, 2017, was a former minister from which state?
5.GoaAnswer – 3.Andhra Pradesh
On April 17, 2017, senior Telugu Desam Party (TDP) leader and former Andhra Pradesh Minister Devineni Rajasekhar alias Nehru died of a heart attack in Hyderabad. Rajasekhar was 63 and was suffering from a kidney problem for the past few months.
- ’World Heritage Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
5.21st AprilAnswer – B.18th April
This day is celebrated to raise awareness of the importance of protecting and preserving various sites around the world that have achieved world heritage status. Theme of the World Heritage Day for 2017 is “Cultural Heritage & Sustainable Tourism”.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently inaugurated Phase-I of Link 2 pipeline canal of the ambitious Saurashtra-Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana in:
5.Gandhinagar, GujaratAnswer – 3.Botad, Gujarat
In Botad district of Gujarat, PM Modi inaugurated Phase-I of Link 2 pipeline canal of the ambitious Saurashtra-Narmada Avtaran Irrigation (SAUNI) Yojana by formally releasing the Narmada water in Krushna Sagar Lake. He also laid the foundation stone for Phase – II of Link 2 pipeline.
- Who among the following has been presented Shambhavi Puraskar, 2017?
2.Ashok Singh Bisht
4.Hari Shankar Rout
5.Rakesh Kumar NikhanjAnswer – 4.Hari Shankar Rout
Shambhavi Puraskar, 2017 has been persented to Hari Sankar Rout for his noteworthy contribution towards social change. Hari Shankar Rout is an engineer by profession. He has been working on natural resource management and livelihood promotion of marginalised communities in remote areas in Kandhamal district of Odisha.