AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 16 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the institute, that launched 5G use cases lab for altering the 2G-enabled technologies and applications, including point of sale (PoS) machines in the banking sector.
1) Central Warehousing Corporation
2) Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation
3) Industrial Investment Bank of India
4) Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT)
On 12th April 2019, a 5G Use Cases Lab for banking and financial sector along with blockchain technology has been launched by The Institute for Development and Research in Banking Technology (IDRBT), which is an arm of Reserve Bank of India. Shri Amit Yadav, who is the Joint Secretary in Department of Telecommunications, launched the 5G Use Cases Lab, and the White Paper on 5G Applications was released by Ms. Anjana Dube, who is the Deputy Director General in Department of Financial Services.
- Which Private sector bank launched the paperless account opening facility for NRIs residing in Financial Action Task Force (FATF) member countries?
1) ICICI Bank
2) IDBI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) IDBI Bank
IDBI Bank has launched ‘NRI-Insta Online’ account opening process for NRIs residing in Financial Action Task Force (FATF)member countries to open an account in the Bank without visiting the branch or submitting paper documents such as physical documents as well as KYC proofs. This online facility is available in IDBI Bank’s website.
- Which country received the highest ever sovereign loans worth USD 3 billion from Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) India
On 16th April 2019, Asian Development Bank (ADB) agreed to provide a total of USD 3.88 billion in sovereign loans to India in 2018, which is the highest ever loan amount since sovereign operations began in the country in 1986. ADB.With this total USD 21.6 billion in loans, granted from ADB’s own resources, which exceeded the target of USD 19.71 billion and up 10 percent from 2017.ADB committed several projects like a USD 100-million loan to Ostro Kutch Wind, which is a renewable energy company for constructing and operating a 250-megawatt wind power project in Gujarat, also provided USD 30 million in equity and USD 20 million in debt security to Annapurna Finance, a microfinance company.
- Name the organization, which owed USD 38 million(highest amount)to India for peacekeeping operations.
1) United Nation
2) World Trade Organization
3) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
4) Association of Southeast Asian Nations
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) United Nation
United Nation Secretary General (UNSG) Antonio Guterres voiced concern that the UN owes India USD 38 million, the highest amount which has to be paid by any country for peacekeeping operations as of March 2019.Till now, the total amount which has to be paid to troops and police-contributing countries (TCCs/PCCs) with respect to active peacekeeping missions was USD 265 million. Out of this, the UN owes USD 38 million to India, followed by Rwanda (USD 31 million), Pakistan (USD 28 million), Bangladesh (USD 25 million) and Nepal (USD 23 million).This dues to troops and police-contributing countries could increase to USD 588 million by June 2019 in the worst case scenario.
- In which city, the first African artificial Intelligence (AI) laboratory launched by tech giant Google?
1) Monrovia, Liberia
2) Bamako, Mali
3) Abuja, Nigeria
4) Accra, Ghana
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Accra, Ghana
Google has launched its first African artificial Intelligence (AI) laboratory in Accra, capital city of Ghana, to tackle Africa’s challenges. The lab will collaborate with researchers in Ghana and across Africa to create the need impact in the country.The technology would address economic, political and environmental issues.The new laboratory will use Artificial Intelligence technique to develop solutions in healthcare, education and agriculture.
- Which play won the Pulitzer Prize 2019 for the category “drama”?
1) “The New Negro” by Jeffrey C. Stewart
2) “Fairview” by Jackie Sibblies Drury
3) “The Overstory” by Richard Powers
4) “Frederick Douglass” by David W. Blight
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) “Fairview” by Jackie Sibblies Drury
The Pulitzer Prize is an award for achievements in newspaper, magazine and online journalism, literature, and musical composition in the United States. It was established in 1917 by provisions in the will of American (Hungarian-born) Joseph Pulitzer who had made his fortune as a newspaper publisher and is administered by Columbia University in New York City.
BOOKS, DRAMA, AND MUSIC
Category Winner Fiction “The Overstory” by Richard Powers Drama “Fairview” by Jackie Sibblies Drury History “Frederick Douglass” by David W. Blight Biography or autobiography “The New Negro” by Jeffrey C. Stewart
- Name the first Indian small finance bank, which received prestigious Celent Model Bank 2019 Award in Financial Inclusion category, for ‘Redesigning Lending to Reach Small Businesses’ .
1) ESAF Small Finance Bank
2) Equitas Small Finance Bank
3) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank
4) Fincare Small Finance Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Fincare Small Finance Bank
On 12th April 2019, Fincare Small Finance Bank (SFB) has been honoured with the prestigious Celent Model Bank 2019 Award in Financial Inclusion category, for ‘Redesigning Lending to Reach Small Businesses’. Fincare Small Finance Bank.The award recognizes LAP (Loans against Property) D.Lite, which is a tab-based solution designed and developed in-house by Fincare SFB for instant underwriting of loans against property targeted at micro and small enterprises.The Award was announced at the Innovation & Insight Day organized by Celent in New York.
- Who was appointed as the Goodwill Ambassador of Street Child Cricket World Cup 2019?
1) M.S. Dhoni
2) Sourav Ganguly
3) Mithali Dorai Raj
4) Virat Kohli
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Mithali Dorai Raj
Ace cricketer Mithali Dorai Raj, Captain of the Indian women’s cricket team, has been named as the goodwill ambassador of the Indian team for the Street Child Cricket World Cup (SCCWC) 2019 .Mithali joins IPL franchise Rajasthan Royals and former captain SouravGanguly in supporting the team.This is the first cricket world cup for street-connected children and final will be played at Lord’s in London on May 7.The tournament is being organised by Street Child United (SCU), a UK based organization.In the tournament, there are 10 gender equal national teams.i.e., boys and girls will play together.
- In which public sector bank Rajesh Kumar Yaduvanshi was appointed as the Executive Director?
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Allahabad Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Punjab National Bank
Punjab National Bank (PNB) has appointed Rajesh Kumar Yaduvanshi as the Executive Director of the bank. Rajesh Kumar Yaduvanshi had joined PNB as a management trainee in 1985.Currently, he is equipped with an experience of 34 years in the banking career and is a certified associate member of lndian lnstitute of Bankers. In the past, he had worked with Dena Bank in capacity of the Executive Director.Yaduvanshi holds a doctorate in science from lndian Agricultural Research Institute, (IARI) New Delhi.Currently PNB now has three Executive Directors, namely, Yaduvanshi, L V Prabhakar and A K Azad.
- Who was appointed as the brand ambassador of redBus?
1) Allu Arjun
2) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
3) Amitabh Bachchan
4) Mahesh Babu
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Mahendra Singh Dhoni
On 15th April 2019, cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni has been appointed as the brand ambassador of Bus ticketing platform redBus to strengthen the redBus brand. At present, Dhoni is the brand ambassador of sports firm Dream11, Colgate, MasterCard, Orient Fans, BharatMatrimony, Indigo Paints, SRMB Steel, and health supplement brand Revital H.RedBus started its operation in 2006, works with over 2500 bus operator and have sold more than 180 million bus tickets till date. It also a part of the MakeMyTrip group.
- Name the space telescope which has discovered an Earth-sized planet, HD 21749b and a “sub-Neptune” world, revolving around the star, HD 21749.
1) Swift Gamma Ray Burst Explorer
2) Hubble Space Telescope
3) Near Earth Object Surveillance Satellite (NEOSSat)
4) Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS)
The Transiting Exoplanet Survey Satellite (TESS) has discovered an Earth-sized planet, HD 21749b and a “sub-Neptune” world, revolving around the star, HD 21749. The star lies 53 light-years from Earth.The research study has been published on 15th April, 2019 in ‘The Astrophysical Journal Letters’.TESS was launched to Earth orbit in April 2018 on a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket.One tool termed as ‘Planet Finder Spectrograph’ (PFS) on the ‘Magellan II telescope’ in Chile helped to confirm the planetary nature of the TESS signal and measure the mass of HD 21749b.HD 21749b is about 23 times heavier and 2.7 times wider than Earth. It is gaseous, has a substantial atmosphere but not as puffy as Uranus and Neptune. HD 21749b has an orbital period of 36 Earth days.HD 21749b’s surface temperature is mostly around 300 degrees Fahrenheit (150 degrees Celsius).
- What is the name of the device, discovered by the researchers from University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) that produces electricity from snowfall ?
1) Snow Tribo electric nano motor
2) Snow Tribo electric nano ammeter
3) Snow Tribo electric nano generator
4) Snow Tribo electric nano galvanometer
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Snow Tribo electric nano generator
The researchers at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), US created a 3D-printed device that that can produce electricity from falling snow. The device is small, inexpensive, thin, flexible like a plastic-sheet and can work anywhere because it provides its own power and does not need batteries.The research study was published in the journal ‘Nano Energy‘ and UCLA’s Richard Kaner is the senior author of it. The device termed as snow-based triboelectric nanogenerator or snow TENG, generates charge through static electricity and produces energy from electron-exchange.
- Where was the Indian Coast Guard offshore patrol vessel ‘Veera’ commissioned?
1) Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Kochi, Kerala
4) Vijayanarayanapuram, Tamil Nadu
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
Indian Coast Guard vessel Veera has been commissioned by General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Army Staff in the presence of Director General of Indian Coast Guard Rajendra Singh, Chief of Eastern Naval Command Vice Admiral Karambir Singh and other senior dignitaries of the central and state government in a ceremony organised at Eastern Naval Command in Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.Veera, the third in the series of the new generation Offshore Patrol Vessel (OPV) is indigenously designed and built by Larsen & Toubro Ltd. at its shipbuilding facility at Kattupali in Chennai.It is commanded by Commandant Girish Datt Raturi and managed by 12 officers and 94 men.
- Which non profit organization has partnered with International cricket council (ICC) to launch the #OneDay4Children, a tournament-wide campaign for children, at the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019?
1) United Nations Office for Project Services
3) Save the Children
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) UNICEF
On 16th April 2019, International cricket council (ICC) cricket for good in partnership with UNICEF (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund), launched #OneDay4Children, a tournament-wide campaign to help construct a better world for all children, at the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019. England all-rounder Chris Woakes and #OneDay4Children ambassador Nasser Hussain launched the campaign.All 48 matches of the event will support #OneDay4Children activity and the funds gathered will strengthen UNICEF’s work for children in cricket playing nations across the world.The campaign will conclude at the England v India game at Edgbaston on 30 June.
- FIFA ban Jose Maria Marin for life,he belongs to which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Brazil
Former Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) president Jose Maria Marin has been banned for life from all football activities by FIFA as he had breached the art. 27 (Bribery) of the FIFA Code of Ethics. Jose Maria MarinKey.In August 2018, Marin who led Brazil’s organising committee for the 2014 World Cup, was sentenced to four years in prison for racketeering, money laundering and wire fraud. He became the first person to be imprisoned as the result of the US investigation into corruption at world football’s governing body.
- Which team has won the 2nd edition of Hero Super Cup 2019(Football) held in Kalinga Stadium, Bhubaneswar?
1) Goa FC
2) Mumbai City FC
3) Chennai City FC
4) Bengaluru FC
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Goa FC
On 13th April 2019, FC Goa, nicknamed as ‘Gaurs’, emerged as champions of the 2nd edition of Hero Super Cup 2019 after beating Chennaiyin FC 2-1 at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar. Goa lifted their first ever Trophy.19 year old Goa Goal keeper Mohammad Nawaz has been named as Hero of the Match. In six years of existence, FC Goa accounted for two Indian Super League semi-finals and two finals and then in their first Super Cup final, they conquered their first trophy.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Nandhaur Wildlife Sanctuary is located in which state?Answer – Uttarakhand
This Wildlife Sanctuary is recently in news,because its Authorities seek tiger reserve status for Nandhaur Wildlife Sanctuary in Uttarakhand due to its rise in number of tigers.
- Who is the president of FIFA?Gianni Infantino
- What is the capital and currency of Brazil?Capital : Brasilia & Currency: Brazilian Real
- Kaziranga National Park is located in which state?Answer- Assam
The Supreme Court has banned all mining activities along the Kaziranga National Park and catchment area of rivers originating in Karbi Anglong Hills in Assam. A bench comprising Justices Arun Mishra and Deepak Gupta issued a notice to the Assam government and sought its reply within three weeks.
- Where is the headquarter of Asian Development Bank (ADB) located?Manila, Philippines