AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 15 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Name the policy, which has received the approval from cabinet for the extension of its duration from April 1, 2019 until further orders.
1) Drug policy of India-2013
2) Energy policy of India-2014
3) New Urea Policy-2015
4) National Policy on Education-2016
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) New Urea Policy-2015
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given approval for the proposal of the Department of fertilizers for extension of the duration of New Urea Policy-2015 for existing gas-based area unit from April 1, 2019 until further orders.The prime objective of this policy is to promote energy efficiency in urea production, maximise facilitation of operations and regular supply of urea to the farmers, and rationalizing subsidy burden on the government. Presently, in India there are 31 urea units of which 28 units are gas-based and the rest 3 units use naphtha as feedstock.
- Which launch vehicle, received approval from cabinet for continuation of its Phase 4 programme that consists of 5 rocket flights during 2021-2024 ?
1) Satellite Launch Vehicle(SLV)
2) Augmented Satellite Launch Vehicle(ASLV)
3) Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle(PSLV)
4) Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle(GSLV)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle(GSLV)
On 15th April, the Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, has given the approval for ongoing GSLV continuation programme Phase-4 that consists of 5 GSLV rocket flights during 2021-2024.The GSLV Programme- Phase 4 will enable the launch of 2 tonne class of satellites for geo-imaging, navigation, data delay communication and space sciences. The total fund requirement for the phase 4 programme is Rs 2,729.13 crore. This amount includes the cost of 5 Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicles (GSLVs), addition of essential facility, programme management, launch campaign and extra funds required to meet the scope of the programme.
- India and Denmark have signed an agreement to enhance which sector?
1) Renewable energy
2) Safety and Health
4) Weather and Climate Science
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Renewable energy
On 15th April, 2019, Union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for an agreement between Ministry of New and Renewable Energy and Denmark’s Ministry for Energy, Utilities and Climate to facilitate deliberate collaboration in renewable energy with focus on offshore wind energy and a Letter of Intent to establish an Indo-Danish Centre of Excellence for renewable energy in India.
- Which country has signed an agreement with India to develop a concrete deliberated plan in the area of biotechnology education, training and research?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Brazil
On 15th April, 2019, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval for an MoU signed in May, 2018 between India and Brazil. The motive behind this pact is to enhance the ties between India and Brazil to work out the future agenda for the amalgamation for innovation in Science & Technology diplomacy to develop a concrete deliberated plan in the area of biotechnology education, training and research.
- Name the theme, under which India and Republic of Korea jointly issue the Postage Stamp?
1) 10th Anniversary of India and Korea
2) Hibiscus with Rice 1946
3) Queen Hur Hwang-ok of Korea
4) Gold Crown of the Silla Dynasty 1946
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Queen Hur Hwang-ok of Korea
On 15th April, 2019, Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave its approval about an MoU, which was signed in February, 2019 between India and Republic of Korea. Department of Posts, Ministry of Communications, Government of India and The Ministry of Science and ICT (Korea Post), Government of the Republic of Korea have mutually collaborated to issue Postage Stamps on the theme “Queen Hur Hwang-ok of Korea”.
- India and Bolivia has signed agreement in which of the following sector?
i. In the field of Renewable Energy
ii. In the field of Geology and Mineral Resources
iii. In the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy
iv. In the field of Housing
1) Option i & ii
2) Option ii & iii
3) Option iii & iv
4) Option iv & i
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Option ii & iii
The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding between India and Bolivia on collaboration in the field of Geology and Mineral Resources. This pact will facilitate for exchange of information on resources, laws and policy, organisation of seminars to exchange views on development strategies. The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding between India and Bolivia in the Field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homoeopathy. The pact was signed in March 2019 in Bolivia. The MoU will facilitate a framework for cooperation between the two countries for promotion of traditional systems of medicine and homoeopathy.
- Which entity launched the India’s first Foreign Interactive Bird Park in Mumbai?
1) EsselWorld Leisure Pvt. Ltd.
2) Aquatica India Pvt. Ltd.
3) Nicco Parks & Resorts Limited
4) Tikuji-Ni-Wadi Pvt. Ltd.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) EsselWorld Leisure Pvt. Ltd.
On 11th April 2019, India’s first exotic Bird Park ‘EsselWorld Bird Park’ was launched by EsselWorld Leisure Pvt. Ltd., the family entertainment arm of the $6-billion Essel Group in Mumbai. The Park is spread over 1.4 acres of land and surrounded by flora and fauna.It is home to over 500 exotic birds from more than 60 species of flying, terrestrial and aquatic birds and has 200 species of special plants and trees for the birds. EsselWorld is the largest amusement park in the country and Water Kingdom is one of the largest Theme Water Parks in Asia.
- Where was the 4th Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific Congress 2019 organised by the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) held?
4) New Delhi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) New Delhi
On 15th April 2019, The 4th Resilient Cities Asia-Pacific Congress 2019 organised by the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) and co-hosted by South Delhi Municipal Corporation started in New Delhi. It was addressed by Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu. It will conclude on 17th April 2019. It offers a lot of innovative solutions that build resilience to climate change at the sub-national level.Local governments in the Asia Pacific region is the main target of the event.The RCAP 2019 is a platform for discussing the opportunities and mechanisms of executing the Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs).Representatives from UNEP, UNDP, UN-HABITAT, UNESCAP, UNISDR, UNIDO being joined in the event.
- Which two countries have signed pact with India to implement two projects in Africa?
iii. United Arab Emirates (UAE)
1) Option i & iv
2) Option i & iii
3) Option ii & iii
4) Option iv & ii
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Option ii & iii
On 15th April 2019, India joined hands with Japan and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to implement two projects in Africa as it seeks to extend its footprint on the continent as a counter to China’s ambitious Belt and Road Initiative (BRI).India will build a cancer hospital in Kenya in collaboration with Japan and will to set up an information and communications technology (ICT) center in Ethiopia in partnership with the UAE.Through this partnership, India has undertaken many projects like the ambitious Pan African e-network project on tele-education and tele-medicine which provides “integrated” satellite, fiber optics and wireless network between educational and medical institutes in Africa and India.
- Which country is set to host the World’s first Artificial Intelligence Summit to empower global dialogue on the future of government, business and society?
4) United Arab Emirates(UAE)
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) United Arab Emirates(UAE)
UAE is set to host the world’s foremost Artificial Intelligence,AI Summit to empower global dialogue on the future of government, business and society. The inaugural ‘AI Everything’, AIE will take place at the Dubai World Trade Centre, between 30th of this month and 1st of next month. Emirates News Agency reported that the two-day event will bring together world leaders to define the underlying pillars of governance, business and society – augmenting the world’s happiness.
- Name the financial service company which has launched a unique proposition to pay electricity bill on EMIs.
1) Muthoot Finance
2) Bajaj Finserv
3) Capital First
4) Rupee Power
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Bajaj Finserv
On 15th April 2019, a unique proposition to pay electricity bill on EMIs has been launched by Bajaj Finserv through its lending arm Bajaj Finance Ltd. through the campaign of #BijliOnEMI.Customers can avail an Insta Credit loan in their Bajaj Finserv Wallet to pay their electricity bills on EMI.In the year 2018, Bajaj Finance Ltd. financed the purchase of over 12 lakh air conditioners in the country. Observing the purchase trend, Bajaj Finance Ltd launched this campaign.Customers buying air conditioners of Rs 20,000 and above will be eligible for Rs 5000 Insta Credit loan and for the air conditioners above Rs 40,000 will receive Rs 7000 Insta Credit loan to their Wallet.
- ‘Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch’ or Llanfairpwll railway station has become the world’s longest railway station name by an alphabet is from which country?
2) Northern Ireland
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Wales
On 15th April 2019, Chennai Central Railway station in Tamil Nadu, officially known as Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station with its 57-character count missed the chance of having the title of world’s longest railway station name by an alphabet.The title was won by Llanfairpwll railway station in Wales, also known for its 58 letters long name ‘Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch’. Although, the erstwhile Chennai Central railway station which was renamed after the legendary actor-turned-politician Dr. M.G. Ramachandran is still the longest railway station name in India.
- Who was selected for UNESCO/Guillermo Cano Press Freedom Prize 2019, along with Wa Lone in recognition of the commitment, courage and resistance to freedom of expression?
1) Anderson Cooper
2) Kate Adie
3) Madhu Trehan
4) Kyaw Soe Oo
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Kyaw Soe Oo
Reuters journalists, Kyaw Soe Oo and Wa Lone have been selected for UNESCO/Guillermo Cano Press Freedom Prize 2019 for recognizing their commitment, courage and resistance to freedom of expression. Currently, they are serving seven-year prison sentence in Myanmar since 12 December 2017 under the Official Secrets Act for illegally collecting, classified military records that revealed extrajudicial assassinations of Rohingya Muslims by the army in Rakhine State, while working for the Reuters.The UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize will be given on May 2 as part of the observance of World Press Freedom Day (3 May) in Ethiopia.
- Name the Israel Spacecraft that crashes the moon recently.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Beresheet
The Israeli spacecraft – called Beresheet – attempted a soft touchdown, but suffered technical problems on its descent to the lunar surface.The first privately funded mission to the Moon has crashed on the lunar surface after the apparent failure of its main engine. The aim of the mission was to take pictures and conduct experiments. Only government space agencies from the former Soviet Union, the US and China have achieved soft lunar landings. Israel hoped to become the fourth country to do this.
- Which country has developed World’s first armed amphibious drone boat ‘Marine Lizard’?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) China
The world’s first armed amphibious drone boat named “Marine Lizard”, which is guided by China’s BeiDou Navigation Satellite System has been successfully tested by China. With a capability of forming a combat triad with aerial drones and other drone ships, it could be used in land and sea assault operations. The drone ship has been built by Wuchang Shipbuilding Industry Group under China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC).It has a maximum operation range of 1,200 kms and can be remotely controlled with the help of satellites. iii. Marine Lizard, 12-metres-long, is shaped in the form of a ship. It is a trimaran and is driven by a diesel-powered hydrojet that can reach a maximum speed of 50 knots while maintaining its furtiveness.
- What is the name of India’s first indigenously designed and developed long range sub sonic cruise missile, which is developed by Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE) ?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Nirbhay
Nirbhay’, long range sub sonic cruise missile indigenously designed and developed by Bengaluru – based Aeronautical Development Establishment (ADE), a lab under Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) was test fired from launch complex-3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur, Odisha. This all-weather missile can be launched from multiple platforms. It is India’s first indigenously designed and developed long-range cruise missile. The missile is nuclear capable, can be equipped with 300kg warhead.It can strike land targets at a distance up to 1000 km at an altitude as low as 100 metre so that missile can avoid detection by enemy radar.It has an ability to reach speed of 0.6-0.7 Mach and can be deployed from multiple platforms.The missile weighs 1,500 kg, width of 0.52 meters and has a wingspan of 2.7 metre.
- Name the world’s rarest giant softshell turtle that passed away in Suzhou Zoo,China.
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Yangtze
On 13th April 2019, the last known female member of Yangtze giant softshell turtle, 90 years old, died in Suzhou Zoo, China. Now, there are only three left in the world. The Wildlife Conservations Society (WCS) declares the Yangtze giant softshell turtle the world’s most critically endangered turtle species. One male Yangtze giant softshell turtle lives in Suzhou Zoo and the other two in Vietnam.
- Who clinched the fifth Masters and 15th major title at Augusta National Golf Club recently?
1) Anirban Lahiri
2) Arjun Atwal
3) Shiv Kapur
4) Tiger Woods
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Tiger Woods
On 14th April 2019, Golfer Tiger Woods clinched his fifth US Masters and 15th major title at Augusta National Golf Club, Georgia. It was the, 43 year old American golfer’s first major title victory in 11 years and his first Master’s win since 2005.All-time leader, Jack Nicklaus is just three major titles ahead of the former world No.1.Woods, 43, won 14 majors before 33 years of age. And gained the Masters in 1997, 2001, 2002 and 2005.
- Name the Indian Badminton Player, who won 20th Victor Dutch International Badminton title in Wateringen, The Netherlands.
1) Prannoy Kumar
2) Pullela Gopichand
3) Harsheel Dani
4) Srikanth Kidambi
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Harsheel Dani
On 14th April 2019,India’s Harsheel Dani, a former junior national champion, defeated Mads Christophersen of Denmark, world no 149, to clinch the 20th Victor Dutch International Badminton title at Wateringen, The Netherlands with a 15-21, 21-12, 21-13 victory in a 47 minute clash. It was the second win for Dani opposite Christophersen. In the Czech Open in 2017, Dani had beaten him.The 22 year old won the Ghana international crown in 2018 and second Karvy All India junior-ranking badminton tournament in 2012.Dani, ranked 111 in the world, represented Mumbai Masters in 2016 Premier Badminton League.
- Who won the Men’s Singles title in Singapore Open Badminton title 2019?
1) Parupalli Kashyap
2) Kento Momota
3) Anthony Sinisuka Ginting
4) Prannoy Kumar
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Kento Momota
On 14th April, 2019, Kento Momota of Japan defeated Indonesia’s Anthony Ginting to win the Men’s Singles title in Singapore Open Badminton title by 10-21, 21-19, 21-13 victory at Singapore Indoor stadium in Singapore. The tournament was held from 9th to 14th April, 2019 and had a total purse of $355,000. It was organized by Singapore Badminton Association with sanction from the Badminton World Federation (BWF).
Event Winners Runners Men’s Singles Kento Momota(Japan) Anthony Sinisuka Ginting(Indonesia) Women’s Singles Tai Tzu-ying(Taiwan) Nozomi Okuhara(Japan) Men’s Doubles Takeshi Kamura and Keigo Sonoda(Japan) Mohammad Ahsan and Hendra Setiawan(Indonesia) Women’s Doubles Mayu Matsumoto and Wakana Nagahara(Japan) Kim Hye Jeong and Kong Hee Yong(South Korea) Mixed Doubles Dechapol Puavaranukroh and Sapsiree Taerattanachai(Thailand) Tan Kian Meng and Lai Pei Jing(Malaysia)
- Name the first Chilean professional tennis player, who has won the US Men’s Clay Court Championship 2019.
1) Christian Garin
2) Nicolás Jarry
3) Cristóbal Saavedra Corvalán
4) Marcelo Ríos
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Christian Garin
On 15th April 2019, Chilean professional tennis player Christian Garin (22) won his first ATP title in 10 years in the final of the US Men’s Clay Court Championships in Houston. He beat Norway’s Casper Ruud. He became the first Chilean to win an ATP Tour title since Fernando Gonzalez in 2009.He reached the final by defeating American Sam Querrey.This Championship is an annual ATP Tour tennis tournament which was started in 1910 and is the last remaining ATP World Tour-level tournament in the United States to be played on clay courts.
- Name the former director of Indian Space Research Organisation Satellite Centre (ISAC), who passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka recently.
1) Yash Pal
2) Henry Moseley
3) SK Shivakumar
4) Udupi Ramachandra Rao
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) SK Shivakumar
Former Director of Indian Space Research Organisation Satellite Centre (ISAC), SK Shivakumar died at the age of 66 in Bengaluru. He hailed from Mysuru, Karnataka. He was part of the team which had developed telemetry system for India’s first moon mission Chandrayan – I.He served as the project director for India’s first indigenous Deep Space Network Antenna at Byalalu. He also led the team of 2,500 engineers which contributed to ISRO’s Mangalyaan Mission.He contributed in several missions like Bhaskara, INSAT, IRS-1B and IRS-1C. He also served as the director of ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network (ISTRAC).
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- What is the Capital and Currency of Japan?Capital: Tokyo & Currency: Japanese yen
- Who is the Prime Minister of United Arab Emirates (UAE)?Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- Bhitarkanika National Park is located in which state?Odisha
- Where is the headquarter of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) located?Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Which state celebrated Rongali Bihu festival recently?Assam