AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily current affairs April 15 2018 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking , Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT , Railway and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz from our current affairs today updates.
- Union Communications Minister Manoj Sinha has announced that second edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) will be held from 25th – 27thOctober 2018. Where will the India Mobile Congress (IMC) be held?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.New Delhi
Union Communications Minister Manoj Sinha has announced that second edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) will be held in New Delhi from 25th – 27thOctober. Second edition of India Mobile Congress (IMC) will be hosted by the Department of Telecommunications and the Cellular Operators Association of India (COAI). The event will serve as a platform for policy makers, regulators and other industry stakeholders to engage in meaningful deliberations on contemporary issues and futuristic aspects of the sector. Discussions at the event will focus on networks of the future, enhancing consumer experience, technologies shaping our lives and start-ups. The three-day event will be attended by nearly 200000 professionals from the telecom industry, delegates from US, Canada, European Union, Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) and Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) countries. First edition of IMC was held in September 2017 in New Delhi.
- On April 13, 2018, Central Government announced extension of phase 1 of the FAME-India scheme by six months till end of ____ or till its second phase is approved, whichever is earlier?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.September 2018
On April 13, 2018, Central Government announced extension of phase 1 of the FAME-India scheme by six months till end of September 2018 or till its second phase is approved, whichever is earlier. Announcement in this regard was made through a notification issued by Department of Heavy Industry under Union Ministry of Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, which is the administrative authority for this scheme. Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid &) Electric Vehicles – FAME India Scheme was announced in Union Budget 2015-16 and is a part of National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP) 2020. Under Phase 1, incentives were offered for mass adoption of electric and strong hybrid vehicles. At the time of launch, phase 1 of FAME India was proposed for two years till March 31, 2017. Since, then, it was extended twice for six months up to March 31, 2018. Under Phase 2 of FAME India, spanning over five years, incentives will be restricted to new energy vehicles used for public transport, commercial purposes and high-speed two-wheelers. Total financial outlay for Phase 2 will be Rs 8730 crore.
- On April 14, 2018, on the occasion of 127th birth anniversary of BR Ambedkar, where did Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan launch Pradhan Mantri Ujwala Yojana (PMUY)?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Telangana
On April 14, 2018, on the occasion of 127th birth anniversary BR Ambedkar, Union Petroleum and Natural Gas Minister, Dharmendra Pradhan launched Pradhan Mantri Ujwala Yojana (PMUY) in Telangana. PMUY was launched in May 2016. The objective of this scheme is to provide deposit-free LPG connections with monetary assistance to women from below poverty line (BPL) households, thereby preventing health hazards emanating from usage of unclean cooking fuel and fossil fuel for domestic cooking purpose. PMUY has so far benefited more than 3.5 crore families. At the time of launching the scheme in Telangana, Mr. Pradhan stated that by the next year-end, over 20 lakh new gas connections will be provided in Telangana. He also added that beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Housing for the rural poor) and Antyodaya Anna Yojana (food scheme) will also be covered under the PMUY.
- On April 10, 2018, India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) signed a MoU with Hyderabad based firm M/s Suraas Impex Pvt. Ltd. for developing a Mega Tourism Destination project in ____, Andhra Pradesh?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Kakinada
On April 10, 2018, India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC) signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Hyderabad based firm M/s Suraas Impex Pvt. Ltd. for developing a Mega Tourism Destination project in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh. The proposed Mega Tourism Destination project in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh will be implemented at an estimated cost of Rs. 550 crore. ITDC will be the Consulting Agency as well as Implementing Agency for this project. ITDC has a commendable track record for executing such projects. So far, it has completed 67 infrastructure projects for Union Ministry of Tourism, Union Ministry of Culture and various State Governments. It also provides Engineering Consultancy Services through its division, Ashok Consultancy & Engineering Services.
- On April 15, 2018, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley took oath for his new ____ years term in the Rajya Sabha?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.6
On April 15, 2018, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley took oath for his new six years term in the Rajya Sabha. Mr. Jaitley took oath in Rajya Sabha Chairman Venkaiah Naidu’s chamber in Parliament, in presence of Union Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs, Ananth Kumar and Leader of Opposition in the Upper House, Ghulam Nabi Azad. He was elected to the Rajya Sabha from Uttar Pradesh. He was re-elected for new term in March 2018. Following his re-election, he was also appointed the Leader of the House on April 2, 2018. However, he was not able to take oath, owing to his health condition.
- United Nations (UN) has launched a UN Road Safety Trust Fund to spur action that could save lives and prevent the loss of opportunity associated with road accidents, with UNECE as the secretariat for the trust fund. Expand UNECE?
1.UN Economic Council for Europe
2.UN Economic Commission for Europe
3.UN Economic and Social Council
4.UN Social and Relief Work Council
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.UN Economic Commission for Europe
United Nations (UN) has launched a UN Road Safety Trust Fund to spur action that could save lives and prevent the loss of opportunity associated with road accidents. The fund has been launched in wake of tragic road accidents in Canada and India. As per data provided by UN Deputy Secretary-General Amina Mohammed, around 1.3 million drivers, passengers and pedestrians die each year, and up to 50 million are injured on the world’s roads. UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) is the secretariat for the trust fund. According to UNECE, every USD 1500 contributed to the fund could save one life, prevent 10 serious injuries, and leverage USD 51000 towards investments in road safety. Usage of the fund will be in accordance with five pillars of the Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety. Five pillars of the Global Plan for the Decade of Action for Road Safety are – strengthened road safety management capacities, enhanced safety of vehicles, improved safety of road infrastructure and broader transport networks, improved behaviour of road users and improved post-crash care. UN General Assembly also adopted a resolution on road safety, calling for a range of measures to prevent road accidents and to minimise the resulting damage. This resolution was sponsored by Russia.
- The government has raised the authorised capital of NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) by 6 times to ____, aimed to increase its lending to the rural economy?
1.Rs 300 billion
2.Rs 250 billion
3.Rs 400 billion
4.Rs 350 billion
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Rs 300 billion
The government has raised the authorised capital of NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) by 6 times to Rs 300 billion, aimed to increase its lending to the rural economy, as a part of the initiative to double farmers’ income by 2022. A notification regarding this was released by the Finance Ministry on 10th April 2018. A bill in this regard was approved by Parliament at the start of this year. The increased authorised capital will enable NABARD to perform the commitments it has undertaken, especially with respect to Long Term Irrigation Fund and on-lending to cooperative banks. Also, it will help NABARD to expand its business and activities, resulting in promotion of integrated rural development, prosperity of rural areas and generation of more employment.
- Which Indian company has recently signed an agreement to raise nearly Rs 3,250 crore as samurai term loan from Japan-based banks?
4.Aditya Birla Group
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Reliance Jio
Reliance Jio has signed an agreement to raise nearly Rs 3,250 crore as samurai term loan from Japan-based banks. Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited said that, it had signed approximately JPY 53.5 billion samurai term loan with 7 year bullet maturity. The facility is guaranteed by Reliance Industries Limited. It will be used for funding Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited’s ongoing capital expenditure. With exchange rate of 60 paise per Japanese yen, the loan value amounts to nearly Rs 3,248 crore. This deal is said to be the largest samurai loan (low interest loans from Japanese investors) for an Asian corporate company. Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited said that, the facility has been fully underwritten by Mizuho Bank, Ltd., MUFG Bank, Ltd. and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Singapore Branch. It added that, it will be launched into syndication soon.
- Who has been conferred the Best Actress award by the 65th National Film Awards for 2017, announced on 13th April 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 2.Sridevi
On 13th April 2018, the 65th National Film Awards for 2017 was announced by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting. The 65th National Film Awards will be presented by President Ram Nath Kovind on 3rd May 2018. The Feature Film Central panel was headed by Shekhar Kapur. The Non- Feature Film panel was headed by Nakul Kamte and the Best Cinema on Writing jury was headed by Anant Vijay.
- Name the movie that was conferred the Best Film award in the 65th National Film Awards for 2017, announced on 13th April 2018?
5.None of theseAnswer – 4.Village Rockstars
List of winners is as follows:
• Best Actress: Sridevi for ‘Mom’
• Best Actor: Riddhi Sen for ‘Nagar Kirtan’
• Best Director: Jayaraj for ‘Bhayanakam’
• Best Film: Village Rockstars (Assamese)
• Best Action Direction: ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’
• Best Choreography: Ganesh Acharya for ‘Gori Tu Latth Maar’ from the film ‘Toilet Ek Prem Katha’
• Best Special Effects: ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’
• Special Jury Award: Nagar Kirtan (Bengali)
• Best Lyrics: Muthurathinam
• Best Music Direction: AR Rahman for ‘Katru Veliyidayi’
• Best Make-up Artist: Ram Rajak for ‘Nagar Kirtan’
• Best Costume: Gobinda Mandal for ‘Nagar Kirtan’
• Best Production Design: Santosh Rajan ‘Take Off’
• Best Editing: Rima Das for ‘Village Rockstar’
• Best Sound Design: ‘Walking With The Wind’
• Best Audiography (Location Sound): Mallika Das, Village Rockstar
• Best Location Sound Recording: Mallika Das for ‘Village Rockstar’
• Best Screenplay Original: Thondimuthalum Driksakshiyum
• Best Screenplay Adapted: Bhayanakam
• Best Cinematography: Bhayanakam
• Best Female Playback Singer: Sashaa Tirupati for ‘Kaatru Veliyidayi’
• Best Male Playback Singer: K.J Yesudas for the song ‘Poy Maranja Kalam’ from ‘Viswasapoorvam Mansoor’
• Best Child Artist: Anita Das for ‘Village Rockstar’
• Best Children’s Film: ‘Mhorkya’
• Best Film on Environmental Conservation: ‘Irada’
• Best Direction: Jayaraj for ‘Bhayanakam’
• Best Feature Film on National Integration: Dhappa (Marathi)
• Best Debut Film of a Director: ‘Sinjar’
• Best Popular Film Providing Wholesome Entertainment: ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’
- Who was awarded for Best Music Direction in the 65th National Film Awards for 2017, announced on 13th April 2018?
2.R D Burman
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.AR Rahman
- Name the actor who will be conferred Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement by Maharashtra State Government?
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dharmendra
Veteran actor Dharmendra will be conferred Raj Kapoor Lifetime Achievement by Maharashtra State Government. Along with Dharmendra, Director Rajkumar Hirani will get the Raj Kapoor Special Contributions Award, veteran Marathi actor Vijay Chavhan will get Chitrapati V Shantaram Jivangaurav Puraskar (Lifetime Achievement Award) and actress-director Mrinal Kulkarni will get Chitrapati V Shantaram Vishesh Yogdaan Puraskar (Special Contributions Award). Announcement in this regard was made by Maharashtra Education and Cultural Affairs Minister Vinod Tawde on April 15, 2018. 82-year old Dharmendra has earned himself the sobriquet of “He-Man”. “Sholay”, “Chupke Chupke”, “Yaadon Ki Baaraat”, “Satyakam” and “Seeta Aur Geeta” are some of the popular movies in which he played the lead role. These awards were instituted by Maharashtra State Government. Both the lifetime achievement awards carry a citation and cash reward of Rs 500000 while the special contribution awards carry a citation and Rs 300000 cash prize each. The awards will be given away at the 55th Maharashtra State Marathi Film Festival.
- Who is the 17-year-old swimmer from Pune who has set a world record to double cross the Bangla Channel?
1.Sampanna Ramesh Shelar
2.Anil Kumar Singh
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Sampanna Ramesh Shelar
Sampanna Ramesh Shelar, a 17-year-old swimmer from Pune has set a world record to double cross the Bangla Channel. Water stretch from Saint Martin’s Island Jetty to Teknaf in Bangladesh is known as the Bangla Channel. Sampanna Ramesh Shelar has become the first person to double cross (swim to and fro) the Bangla Channel. Sampanna Ramesh Shelar accomplished this feat on April 13, 2018 by completing the journey of 32.2 kilometers in 9 hours and 10 minutes.
- On 14th April 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind received the first copy of the book _____ from Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, who formally released it at a function at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi?
1.Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp
2.Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar: Father of Indian Constitution
3.Ambedkar: Father of Our Constitution
4.Father of Indian Constitution: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp
5.None of theseAnswer – 1.Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp
On 14th April 2018, President Ram Nath Kovind received the first copy of the book ‘Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar: Vyakti Nahin Sankalp’ from Vice President M. Venkaiah Naidu, who formally released it at a function at Rashtrapati Bhavan, New Delhi. Ram Nath Kovind said that, the book was a slim volume but covered the inspiring life of Dr Ambedkar and several dimensions of his ideas and personality. It also referenced how Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been inspired by the life and message of Dr Ambedkar.
- When did the South Western Command celebrate its 14th Raising Day?
5.None of theseAnswer – 3.April 15
On 15th April 2018, South Western Command celebrated its 14th Raising Day. Tributes were paid to martyrs of Indian Army at a ceremony at ‘Prerna Sthal’ in Jaipur, Rajasthan, on the 14th raising day of South Western Army Command. Lt Gen Vijay Singh, chief of staff, South Western Command and other officers paid tributes. He said that, South Western Command is the seventh and the youngest command of the Indian Army. It was formed on 15th April 14 years ago. It is named as the Sapta Shakti. Its motto is Forever Victorious. Apart from performing its primary functions like operational preparedness, the command has also contributed to environmental protection, national integration, welfare of veterans, women and disabled soldiers, Mukhyamantri Jal Swablamban Abhiyan (MJSA) etc.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) of India?General Bipin Rawat
- Where is Vaidyaratnam Ayurveda Museum located?Thrissur, Kerala
- Who is the Chairman of NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) set up in 1982?Dr. Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
- Name the Chairman and headquarters of India Tourism Development Corporation (ITDC)?Chairman and Managing Director – Ravneet Kumar, Headquarters – New Delhi
- Which state houses the Mrugavani National Park?Telangana