AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs April 12 2019 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs updates.
- Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs April 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs March 2019 PDF
- Current Affairs PDF
- Which city became the most polluted city in the world as per the WHO report titled “Political Leaders Position and Action on Air Quality in India 2014-2019”?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Kanpur
The quality of air in Varanasi, Prime Minister Modi’s 2014 Lok Sabha constituency, is positioned 3rd on the WHO’s (World Health Organisation) list of 15 most polluted cities in the world, by the ‘Political Leaders Position and Action on Air Quality in India 2014-2019’ report, released by Climate Trends. Kanpur (in Uttar Pradesh) is the most polluted city in the world and is positioned 1 on the list. Faridabad in Haryana is in 2nd position after Kanpur, whereas Delhi is ranked 6th on the list. Other than these, the list of the most polluted cities according to WHO include Gaya and Patna in Bihar, Lucknow, Cities of Agra, Muzaffarpur, Srinagar, Gurugram, Jaipur, Patiala and Jodhpur.
- Which two countries, acceded to improve the bilateral cooperation in various fields including political, economic scientific and cultural cooperation during the Foreign Office Consultations in New Delhi?
1) India and Canada
2) India and Netherlands
3) India and US
4) India and Russia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) India and Netherlands
On 12th April 2019, India was agreed to improve the bilateral cooperation with the Netherlands in various fields, including political, economic scientific and cultural cooperation during the Foreign Office Consultations in New Delhi.A. Gitesh Sarma, the Secretary (West) in Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) led The Indian delegation and Johanna (Yoka) Brandt, Secretary General in Ministry of Foreign Affairs, led the Dutch delegation.They exchanged views on regional and multilateral issues, including cooperation at the United Nations and other international fora.At the 25th edition of the CII-DST Tech Summit which will be held in New Delhi in October 2019, Netherlands will participate as the partner country.
- Under which article does Election Commission has banned the displaying of any biopic or publicity material during election time?
1) Article 374
2) Article 414
3) Article 294
4) Article 324
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Article 324
India’s Electoral Commission has issued an order to ban display of any biopic or publicity material during Manual Code of Conduct, which could sub serve the purposes of any political entity or any individual entity connected to it.The ban was concerned with the biopic film on Prime Minister Narendra Modi.Election Commission has invoked powers under Article 324 that prohibits display/exhibit any biopic/publicity material when Model Code of Conduct is in force.
- According to Reserve Bank of India, bank credit rose to __________ percent for the fortnight to March 29?
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) 13.24%
According to the data of Reserve Bank of India, which was released on 11th April, 2019, bank credit rose 13.24% to Rs 97.67 lakh crore for the fortnight to March 29.This is the second consecutive robust credit growth after the same had declined to 4.54 percent in FY17 at Rs 78.41 lakh crore, which was the lowest since 5 decades.Deposits have grown by 10.03 percent to Rs 125.72 lakh crore during the same period.
- Which bank has recognised as the number 1 bank by customers in India as per the first Forbes World’s Best Bank survey?
1) DBS Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) IDFC Bank
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) HDFC Bank
On 12th April 2019, as per the first edition of Forbes World’s Best Bank survey, HDFC Bank has been recognized as number 1 bank by customers in India. HDFC Bank. The research was done with the help of market research firm ‘Statista’. Forbes partnered with this firm to measure the best banks in 23 countries.The survey was based on the customer’s satisfaction as well as 5 key attributes of trust, terms and conditions, customer service, digital service, and financial advice.ICICI Bank took the second spot and DBS bank grabbed the third position, followed by Kotak Mahindra Bank and IDFC Bank which are at the fourth and fifth spot. Also, the public sector banks like Syndicate Bank, PNB, Allahabad Bank, Vijaya Bank, and Axis Bank were in the top 10.
- SBI has signed its first Co-Origination Loan Agreement with which banking entity for enhancing ‘Agri’, ‘MSME segment’ and small businesses?
2) PAISALO Digital Limited
3) First Direct
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) PAISALO Digital Limited
With the profound vision of empowering the ‘Agri’, ‘MSME segment’ and small businesses, PAISALO Digital Limited signed the first co-origination loan agreement (designed at Rs.10,000 to 2 lakh) with State Bank of India (SBI). The company expects to pay out 200,000 loan applications in FY20. The objective of this framework is to bring the 2 sectors, namely, banks and Micro-Finance Institutions (MFIs)/Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) together.
- Name the organisation which has framed a new rule to launch electronic information exchange between ships and ports.
1) International Maritime Law Institute
2) World Maritime University
3) European Maritime Safety Agency
4) International Maritime Organisation
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) International Maritime Organisation
IMO (International Maritime Organisation) has mandated a new rule for national governments to launch electronic information exchange between ships and ports. This mandatory requirement came into effect from April 8, 2019 is part of a package of amendments under the revised Annex to the FAL Convention, adopted in 2016.The main motive of the rule is to make cross-border trade simpler and to make efficient logistics chain for more than ten billion tonnes of goods traded globally every year.The new Facilitation of International Maritime Traffic (FAL Convention) is set to establish systems for the electronic exchange of information related to maritime transport.
- Which is the biggest stock market in the world?
1) US Stock Market
2) China Stock Market
3) Hong Kong Stock Market
4) Japan Stock Market
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) US Stock Market
Stock market of Hong Kong has surpassed Japan to become the world’s third most valuable market. Now Hong Kong’s stock market is behind the US and China. Hong Kong’s market value stood at $5.78 trillion, surpassing Japan’s market value at $5.76 trillion tally for the first time since 2015.Hong Kong’s Hang Seng Index has increased by 17 percent this year. Topix Index of Japan advanced at 8.3 percent in this period.
- Who was honoured with the Freedom of the City of London in recognition of work to promote insurance ties between India and the UK?
3) Alice G.Vaidyan
4) Ravi Mital
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Alice G.Vaidyan
On 11th April 2019, The Chairman and Managing Director of the General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC), Alice G. Vaidyan has been honoured with the Freedom of the City of London for the recognition of her work to promote insurance ties between India and the UK. Alice G. Vaidyan. On the event of first India-UK Insurance Summit in London, she was nominated for the traditional honour by the Lord Mayor of London, Peter Estlin, and City of London Corporation Policy Chair Catherine McGuinness.
- Eni Nuraeni was named as the best athletic coach in Asia for the short-haul run category for the year 2019.He is from which country?
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Indonesia
On 10th April 2019, Asian Athletic Association (AAA) has declared Indonesian Eni Nuraeni as the best athletic coach in Asia for the short-haul run category in 2019. It was published by the Indonesian Athletic Sports Association (PB PASI).Eni instructs young sprinter Lalu Muhammad Zohri to win the 100m gold medal in 10.20 seconds in the 2019 Grand Prix Malaysia Open athletics championships.Zohri is a gold medal winner in 100m in 10.18 in the IAAF World U20 Championships in Tampere, Finland in 2018.
- Who was honoured with Russia’s highest State honour ‘Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle’ for promoting bilateral ties?
1) Sushma Swaraj
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Narendra Modi
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Narendra Modi
On 11th April, 2019, Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with the “Order of Saint Andrew the Apostle”, by Russia for exceptional services in promoting bilateral ties. Narendra Modi was awarded with this award for his exceptional services to enhance privileged strategic partnership between Russia and India.The award is the highest civilian honor of the Russian Federation which was established by Czar Peter I of Russia in the 17th century.
- Which of the following schemes have won the prestigious World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards under the United Nations?
i. Utkarsh Bangla
ii. Kanyashree Prakalpa
iii. Sabooj Sathi
iv. Rupashree Prakalpa
1) Option i & ii
2) Option i & iii
3) Option ii & iv
4) Option ii & iii
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Option i & iii
The schemes under the West Bengal government, namely, “Utkarsh Bangla” (Skill training of the youth) and “Sabooj Sathi” (cycles for students) have won the distinguished World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) awards of the United Nations (UN). “Utkarsh Bangla” got the topmost award in Capacity Building category while “Sabooj Sathi” was positioned in the 1st 5 as a champion project under ICT application: E-Government category, out of a total of 1062 nominations in 18 categories.
- Who has been honored with the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Nobel Award by International Human Rights Council?
1) Sudhanshu Kumar
2) Rakesh Makhija
3) Kenneth M. Duberstein
4) Caroline B. Kennedy
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Sudhanshu Kumar
On 10th April 2019, Sudhanshu Kumar, the founder of Digital Sukoon has been honored with the Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Nobel Award by International Human Rights Council at Hotel Sea Princess Juhu Mumbai.While his agency Digital Sukoon, named as the Best Digital Agency of the Year 2019.Digital Sukoon is a Mumbai based Digital solutions agency, which provides a comprehensive 360-degree solution to their clients for the promotional needs by creating innovative campaigns and optimum usage of technology tools.
- Name the poetry collection of Telugu poet K Siva Reddy, for which he was honoured with the prestigious Saraswati Samman 2018.
3) Pakkaki Ottigilite
4) Mohana! Oh, Mohana
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Pakkaki Ottigilite
On 11th April 2019, Telugu poet K Siva Reddy has been honoured with the prestigious Saraswati Samman, 2018 with a cash prize of 15 lakh rupees for his collection of poetry titled ‘Pakkaki Ottigilite’. K Siva Reddy.He was born in 1943 in Karmurivari Palem near Tenali, Andhra Pradesh.He has won several awards, including the Sahitya Akademi Award for his book ‘Mohana! Oh, Mohana!’. The Saraswati Samman award was given annually for an outstanding literary work written in any 22 Indian languages listed in Schedule VIII of the Constitution of India. It is one of the highest literary awards, instituted by the KK Birla Foundation in 1991.
- Who was appointed as the secretary of Defence Finance recently?
1) Anil Kumar Jha
2) Prem Kumar Kataria
3) Raj Kumar Goyal
4) Gargi Kaul
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Gargi Kaul
On 9th April 2019, Gargi Kaul, a 1984-batch officer of the Indian Audit and Accounts Service (IA&AS) was appointed as the secretary, Defence Finance as part of a bureaucratic reshuffle. The senior bureaucrat, Kaul currently serving as Financial Advisor (Defence Services), Ministry of Defence. Gargi Kaul Other Appointments : Sumeet Jerath – Special Secretary, Cabinet Secretariat. Raj Kumar Goyal – Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor, Ministry of External Affairs. Prem Kumar Kataria – Additional Secretary, Ministry of Textiles. Anil Kumar Jha – Additional Secretary, Department of Revenue. S K G Rahate – Additional Secretary, Ministry of Power. Rajesh Kumar Chaturvedi – Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor, Ministry of Culture. Amitabh Kumar – Director General (Shipping), Ministry of Shipping.
- SpaceX’s Falcon Heavy rocket carried out its first commercial launch by launching which country’s telecom satellite?
2) Saudi Arabia
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) Saudi Arabia
On 11th April, 2019, SpaceX carried out its first commercial operational mission by launching its Falcon Heavy rocket to place a Saudi telecoms satellite into orbit operated by Arabsat.The Saudi telecoms shiny silver satellite was successfully deployed after lift-off of about 34 minutes from Cape Canaveral, Florida.The satellite is designed to provide television, internet, telephone, and secure communications to customers in the Middle East.
- Name the telescope, which is used by astronomers to capture the first image of Black Hole?
1) Event Horizon Telescope
2) Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope
3) Hard X-ray Modulation Telescope
4) Lunar-based ultraviolet telescope
5) None of theseAnswer – 1) Event Horizon Telescope
On 10th April 2019, Astronomers Captured the First Image of a Black Hole which was a halo of dust and gas, tracing the outline of a colossal black hole at the center of the galaxy M87 (Messier 87) with the help of The Event Horizon Telescope (EHT) observations. Black Hole.Black holes were first predicted by Einstein’s theory of relativity and these are the extreme cosmic objects, containing incredible amounts of mass within a tiny region.The galaxy is 55 million light-years away from Earth.
- Where did scientists discovered the new species named “Homo luzonensis”, that inhabited the Earth nearly 67,000 years ago?
5) None of theseAnswer – 3) Philippines
The archaeologists unearthed the remains of at least 2 adults and 1 juvenile (a species of Homo luzonensis) within the archaeological deposits in the Philippines. Researchers from Australian National University (ANU) thus proclaimed the findings to prove that the region of Southeast Asia played a major role in hominin evolutionary history. This discovery has been published in Nature, an International journal of science. The new species, Homo luzonensis is named after Luzon Island (the largest island in the country). This is where, at the Callao Cave, fossils older than 50,000 years were discovered.
- Who released the booklet titled ‘Selected speeches of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar in the Constituent Assembly’?
1) Shashi S.Vempati
2) Rajeev Singh
3) Sunil Alagh
4) Surya Prakash
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) Surya Prakash
On 12th April 2019, a booklet of the ‘Selected speeches of Dr. Bhimrao Ambedkar in the Constituent Assembly’ was released by Prasar Bharati Chairman, A Surya Prakash to mark 128th birth anniversary of Dr B R Ambedkar (April 14), at an event in New Delhi.It was organized to commemorate the contributions of Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, popularly known as Babasaheb Ambedkar, for the upliftment of underprivileged in the country.Babasaheb Ambedkar was an Indian jurist, economist, politician, social reformer and the architect of the Constitution of India. He was also the independent India’s first law minister.
- World Aviation and Cosmonautics Day is observed annually on ___________?
1) 11th April
2) 12th April
3) 10th April
4) 9th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 2) 12th April
World Aviation and Cosmonautics Day, a date to honour the first ever flight of a human in space.On April 12,1961, Soviet cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin carried out the famous flight in spacecraft Vostok 1 started from Baikonur Cosmodrome.In November 1968, the 61st General Conference of the Federation Aeronautique Internationale (FAI), known as the World Air sports Federation, decided to celebrate World Aviation and Cosmonautics Day on April 12.Many countries organize a Yuri’s Night on April 12. The first Yuri’s Night was celebrated on the 40th anniversary of the first manned flight into space in 2001.The celebration points to promote public interest in space exploration.
- When was the International Day of Human Space Flight observed?
1) 11th April
2) 9th April
3) 10th April
4) 12th April
5) None of theseAnswer – 4) 12th April
On 12 April 2019, The International Day of Human Space Flight was observed across the world. The day marks the anniversary of the first ever human space flight undertaken by Yuri Gagarin, a Soviet citizen on April 12, 1961. This day is also celebrated as ‘Cosmonautics Day’ in Russia since 1963. Gagarin’s Vostok 1 space flight executed one orbit around the Earth over 108 minutes and the spacecraft was propelled by Vostok-K launch vehicle.The day was initiated in 2011 by United Nations through resolution, A/RES/65/271.
Static GK Quiz based on Current Affairs:
- Chandoli National Park is located in which state?Maharashtra
- What is the Capital and Currency of Russia?Capital: Moscow & Currency: Russian Rubel
- Where is the headquarter of Asian Athletic Association located?Singapore
- Who is the CEO of HDFC Bank?Aditya Puri
- What is the Capital of Netherlands?Amsterdam