Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 10 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- On April 10, 2017, an exhibition titled“Swachhagraha – Bapu Ko Karyanjali – Ek Abhiyan, Ek Pradarshani”was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi. This exhibition was held in:
B.West Champaran, Bihar
C.East Champaran, Bihar
Answer – D. New Delhi
On April 10, 2017, an exhibition titled “Swachhagraha – Bapu Ko Karyanjali – Ek Abhiyan, Ek Pradarshani” was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi at National Archives of India (NIA) in New Delhi. This exhibition has been organised to mark 100 years of Champaran Satyagraha, which was Mahatma Gandhi’s first experiment in using non-violence and non-cooperation as methods to protest.
- Who among the following is the author of the book ‘Gandhi in Champaran’?
Answer – A. DG Tendulkar
On April 10, 2017, M Venkaiah Naidu – Minister for Information & Broadcasting, released three heritage books to mark 100 years of Champaran Satyagraha. Title of these books are, ‘Gandhi in Champaran’, ‘Romain Rolland and Gandhi Correspondence’ and “Mahatma Series (8 volumes)”. All three books have been written by renowned author DG Tendulkar and have been published by Publications division under Union Ministry of Information & Broadcasting.
- Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee jointly flagged off the trial run of the Kolkata-Khulna passenger train through video-conference form New Delhi. This train service has been named as:
A.Bandhu Express – II
B.Indo-Bangla Friendship Express – II
C.Maitree Express – II
D.Samjhauta Express – II
Answer – C. Maitree Express – II
Maitree Express – II will commence operations from July 2017. Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Sheikh Hasina was on an official visit to India from 7th to 10th April 2017. In a bid to strengthen bilateral ties, India and Bangladesh signed 22 agreements for cooperation in various areas viz. civil nuclear cooperation, cyber security, media, judicial sector, peaceful uses of outer space, defence, information technology, electronics and transport connectivity.
- PM Modi and Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina have jointly released the Hindi translation of Sheikh Mujibur Rehman’s autobiography. The English title of this autobiography is:
A.’The Untold Story’
B.’Beyond the Border’
C.’Dream of a Nation’
D.’The Unfinished Memoirs’
Answer – D. ’The Unfinished Memoirs’
After bilateral talks on April 8, 2017, PM Modi and Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina jointly released the Hindi translation of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s autobiography – “The Unfinished Memoirs”. Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, father of Sheikh Hasina, was popularly known as ‘Bangabandhu’. He was the key leader in Bangladeshi liberation war against Pakistan and is thus regarded as founding leader of Bangladesh.
- India has announced $_________ line of credit for development projects in Bangladesh
Answer – A. $ 4.5 billion
After comprehensive talks between Prime Ministers of India and Bangladesh, India announced $4.5 billion line of credit for development projects in Bangladesh. On account of this commitment, India’s resource allocation for Bangladesh has aggregated to $8 billion in past few years. Besides, for the first time, India also committed $500 million line of credit for Bangladesh’s defence procurement.
- ‘World Homeopathy Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – A. 10th April
Every year, April 10 is celebrated as ‘World Homeopathy Day’ to commemorate the birth anniversary of Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann – the founder of Homoeopathy. Homeopathy is a system of alternative medicine, created in 1796.
- To commemorate the 262nd birth anniversary of Dr. Christian Friedrich Samuel Hahnemann – the founder of Homeopathy, a National Convention on World Homoeopathy was held on April 10, 2017 in:
Answer – C. New Delhi
This convention was inaugurated by Mr. Shripad Yesso Naik – Minister of State (Independent Charge), for AYUSH (‘Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy’). Theme of the convention was “Enhancing Quality Research in Homoeopathy through scientific evidence and rich clinical experiences”.
- Who among the following chaired the 11th Standing Committee meeting of the Inter-State Council in New Delhi on April 10, 2017?
A.President, Pranab Mukherjee
B.Vice-Presdient, Mohammad Hamid Ansari
C.Prime Minister, Narendra Modi
D.Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh
Answer – D.Union Home Minister, Rajnath Singh
The Union Minister for Finance, Corporate Affairs and Defence, Shri Arun Jaitley, the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, Dr. Raman Singh, Chief Minister of Tripura, Shri Manik Sarkar, Chief Minister of Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik and Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, Yogi Adityanath attended the meeting. The Ministers from states of Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Rajasthan represented these states at the meeting. Standing Committee examines in detail various recommendations of Punchhi Commission.
- In a first, a court of the financial commissioner in Haryana, headed by IAS officer _______, has ordered serving of summons in a property dispute case on WhatsApp to one of the respondents who shifted to Kathmandu.
Answer – C.Ashok Khemka
Summons in such cases are usually sent by registered post to the physical address of the respondents, but Khemka in his order observed that law follows technological advancements and is not fossilised. The summons were ordered to be served on Whatsapp messenger service on April 6 to the respondent in a case involving a property partition dispute among three brothers in a village in Hisar district of Haryana.
- ‘Exercise Nomadic Elephant – XII’ is the joint military exercise between armies of India and:
Answer – D.Mongolia
A 14-day India-Mongolia military training exercise has started at Vairengte in Mizoram. It is aimed at training troops in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations under the United Nations mandate. It will continue till April 18, 2017
- Which among the following entity has inked a deal with ICICI group companies to distribute insurance products and tied up with Exide Life insurance to sell products via its distribution channel?
B.India Post Payments Bank
C.Airtel Payments Bank
D.Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank
Answer – A. Fino Paytech
Rishi Gupta, CEO, Fino Paytech has said “On life insurance, we have tied up with ICICI Prudential and Exide Life Insurance, on non-life we have only tied with ICICI Lombard”. Fino Paytech Payments Bank will launch its operations with 3-4 products including current and savings account.
- As per data revealed by Australian Government, India will overtake Japan as the second-biggest producer of steel by year:
Answer – A. 2019
According to the Australian government, India is set to become the world’s largest steel producer after China, as mills increase output to meet growing demand for infrastructure, homes and consumer goods. India’s top steel suppliers —JSW Steel Ltd, Steel Authority of India Ltd and Tata Steel Ltd—all chalked up record production last year.
- Who among the following family court judge has set a Guinness World Record for disposing of 6065 cases in just 327 working days?
A.Ashok Kumar Rawat
C.Tej Bahadur Singh
Answer – C.Tej Bahadur Singh
Tej Bahadur Singh the principal judge of a family court in Muzaffarnagar has set a Guinness World Record by disposing of as many as 6,065 cases in 327 working days. The Guinness Book of World Records has confirmed about Singhs entry in its list of world record holders. The judge said that his move was aimed to reduce the number of pending cases in the court and provide justice to the litigants.
- Senior bureaucrats, Ajit Kumar Srivastava and Shabri Bhattasali have been appointed as members of:
A.Cental Board Of Direct Taxes (CBDT)
C.Central Board of Customs and Excise
D.Securities and Exchange Board of India
Answer – A. Cental Board Of Direct Taxes (CBDT)
Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) is the apex policy making body of the Income Tax department. The role of the CBDT is to provide inputs for policy and planning of direct taxes in the country and the statutory authority also administers the direct tax laws through Income Tax Department. The CBDT functions under the Central Board of Revenue Act, 1963.
- Carme Chacon, who passed away on April 9, 2017 was the first female defence minister of which European country?
Answer – A.Spain
Carme Chacon was Spain’s first female defence minister and was a prominent socialist party leader. She died at the age of 46. Chacon who was from Barcelona was a defence minister from 2008 to 2011 under PM Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero. She was party’s secretary for international relations between 2014 and 2016.