AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In October 2021, __________ declared the combined areas of the ___________ along with ‘Guru Ghasidas National Park’ as its 4th Tiger reserve.
1) Jharkhand; TamorPingla Wildlife Sanctuary
2) Jharkhand; Badalkhol Wildlife Sanctuary
3) Madhya Pradesh; TamorPingla Wildlife Sanctuary
4) Chhattisgarh; TamorPingla Wildlife Sanctuary
5) Chhattisgarh; Badalkhol Wildlife Sanctuary
Answer-4) Chhattisgarh; TamorPingla Wildlife Sanctuary
The 11th Technical Committee of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) approved the proposal of the government of Chhattisgarh to declare the combined areas of the TamorPingla Wildlife Sanctuary and the Guru Ghasidas National Park as the 4th Tiger reserve of Chhattisgarh.
i. The proposal was approved under Section 38V(1) of The Wildlife (Protection) Act, 1972.
- Which is the 1st county of the BRICS group to join ‘High Ambition Coalition (HAC) for Nature and People’ (in Oct’ 21) ?
5) South Africa
India officially joined the High Ambition Coalition (HAC) for Nature and People during a ceremony between the French and Indian governments held at New Delhi, India. It is a group of more than 70 countries co-chaired by Costa Rica & France and by the United Kingdom as Ocean co-chair.
- Name the defence exercise that was recently (in oct’ 21) held between India & UK to strengthen bilateral defence cooperation.
1) Shakti – 2021
2) Ajeya Warrior – 2021
3) Surya Kiran – 2021
4) Vijay Prahar 2021
5) ZAPAD- 2021
Answer-2) Ajeya Warrior – 2021
The 6th Edition of India – UK (United Kingdom) Joint Company Level Military Training exerciseAjeya Warrior-2021 was commenced in Chaubatia, Uttarakhand.
About United Kingdom (UK):
Capital – London
PM – Boris Johnson
Currency – Pound sterling
- The Government of India recently (in Oct’ 21), for the first time, released comprehensive guidelines for ‘Cybersecurity’ to strengthen the regulatory framework in which field?
2) Parliamentary Proceedings
The government of India released 1st guidelines for cybersecurity in the power sector. Union Power and New & Renewable Energy Minister Raj Kumar Singh and the Central Electricity Authority (CEA) issued these guidelines under “Central Electricity Authority (Technical Standards for Connectivity to the Grid) (Amendment) Regulations, 2019’’.
- Which country recently (in Oct’ 21) signed an MoU with India’s ‘Ministry of Textiles’ to boost sustainable Cotton production?
India’s Ministry of Textiles supported by Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoAFW) signed an MoU with Germany’s Deutsche GesellschaftfürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) to implement projects on ‘Sustainability and Value Added in the Cotton Economy’.
i. India is the World’s largest Cotton producer& the 2nd largest Consumer of cotton.
- Name the Festival that is annually celebrated in ‘Telangana’ to give attention to the relationship between earth, water and humans.
Bathukamma, a part of Dasara festivities, is a traditional Hindu festival celebrated predominantly in the state of Telangana. The Bathukamma, ‘Goddess of Life’, festival celebrates the relationship between earth, water and humans.
- Which Bank recently (in Oct’ 21) extended its partnership with ‘Tata Consultancy Services’ to use the core banking software named ‘TCS BaNCS’ for another five years?
1) Punjab National Bank
2) Canara Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) State Bank of India
5) Bank of Baroda
Answer-4) State Bank of India
State Bank of India (SBI) extended its partnership with Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) for another five years. Under this partnership, SBI uses TCS BaNCSfor which TCS maintain and enhance SBI’s application for core banking, trade finance, financial reporting, and financial inclusion.
- Name the campaign that was recently (in Oct’ 21) launched by ‘Punjab National Bank’ under its customer outreach programme.
1) Digi Samvad
2) 6S Campaign
3) Switch to PNB
4) Swavalamban Campaign
5) Go Digital Campaign
Answer-2) 6S Campaign
Punjab National Bank (PNB) launched the “6S Campaign” under customer outreach programme to offer financial services at a concessional rate during festival season. The campaign encapsulates various schemes such as Swabhiman, Samruddhi, Sampark&Shikhar, Sankalp and Swagat.
•Swabhimaan- to promote the financial inclusion agenda.
•Samruddhi- credit outreach for the agricultural sector.
•Shikhar, Sankalp and Swagat schemes- special rates of interest in the retail and MSME Sector.
- Name the Airline Company that was recently (in oct’ 21) purchased by the Tata Son’s subsidiary company ‘TalacePvt Ltd’ in a ₹18,000 crore bid.
1) Go First
3) Jet Airways
4) Air India
Answer-4) Air India
Tata Sons Private Ltd subsidiary TalacePvt Ltd won the final bid for acquiring national carrier Air India by submitting ₹18,000 crore bid. The ministerial panel led by Union Home Minister Amit Shah approved the bid.
i. The airline Air India was established by industrialist and philanthropist JRD Tata (India’s 1st licensed pilot) in 1932 as the Tata Airlines and it was sold to the government in 1953.
- Who won the 2021’s ‘Nobel Peace Prize’ for the efforts to protect freedom of expression, the precondition of democracy & lasting peace?
1) Abiy Ahmed
2) Maria Ressa
3) Dmitry AndreyevichMuratov
4) Both 2 & 3
5) Both 1 & 3
Answer-4) Both 2 & 3
The Norwegian Nobel Committee decided to award the Nobel Peace Prize 2021 to Maria Ressa, journalist from Philippines and Dmitry AndreyevichMuratov, journalist from Russia for their efforts to protect the freedom of expression, the precondition of democracy and lasting peace.
i.Malala Yousafzai of Pakistan won the Nobel peace prize 2014 and became the youngest Nobel Peace Prize laureate.