AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where is India’s 1st Geothermal Field Development Project planned to get established, as per the MoU signed (in Feb’21) between the State/UT’s administration with ONGC?
1) Sonamarg, Jammu & Kashmir
2) Burail, Chandigarh
3) Puga, Ladakh
4) Dumka, Jharkhand
5) Azamgarh, Uttar PradeshAnswer-3) Puga, Ladakh
On February 6, 2021, Union Territory (UT) Administration of Ladakh, Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC)-Leh and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) Energy Centre have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish India’s 1st ever Geothermal Field Development Project in Puga Village of Eastern Ladakh. ONGC Energy Centre will be the implementing agency of the project. Geothermal Energy is Renewable as it generates power from the heat emerging out of Earth’s interior.
- Marking the Diamond Jubilee of ____________ High Court, a commemorative postal stamp was released by PM Modi in February 2021.
5) GujaratAnswer-5) Gujarat
On 6th February 2021, Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the event organised to mark the Diamond Jubilee of the Gujarat High Court and unveiled the commemorative Postage Stamps to mark the completion of 60 years of establishment of the High Court of Gujarat on May 1 2020. The event was postponed due to the COVID-19.
- PM Modi launched ‘Asom Mala’ programme in Assam (in Feb’21). What is the aim behind ‘Asom Mala’ programme?
1) Improve Water Transport System
2) Awareness to use LPG for Cooking
3) Enhance Healthcare System
4) Awareness on Women Education
5) Improve Road NetworkAnswer-5) Improve Road Network
The PM Narendra Modi visited the states of Assam and West Bengal on February 7, 2021. In Assam he laid the Foundation Stone of two hospitals and launched ‘Asom Mala’ while in West Bengal he laid the Foundation Stone of key infrastructure projects in its Haldia city. Asom Mala is a programme aimed at improving state highways and major district roads network with emphasis on effective maintenance through continuous field data collection and its linkage with the Road Asset Management System.
- Where was India’s 1st Children’s Boat library inaugurated?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
3) Kochi, Kerala
4) Kolkata, West Bengal
5) Nagpur, MaharashtraAnswer-4) Kolkata, West Bengal
The West Bengal Transport Corporation in collaboration with a heritage book store in Kolkata has launched a first of its kind initiative, children’s library on a boat, cruising on the Hooghly river, Kolkata. The boat library would take people on a three-hour- long trip. Children will be able to choose from a selection of 500 titles in English and Bengali on the Young Readers’ Boat Library.
- Which state/UT approved (in Feb’21), a scholarship scheme to school students “Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha scheme”?
5) PondicherryAnswer-3) Delhi
On February 5, 2021 The Delhi Cabinet approved Mukhyamantri Vigyan Pratibha Pariksha scheme, under which Rs. 5000 will be provided as a science scholarship to 1000 meritorious students of Class 9 in the schools of Delhi. Under the scheme, the students who secure over 60% in Class 8 will be eligible to take up the examination. Up to 5% of marks will be given as a relaxation to the students who belong to SC, ST, PH, or OBC category
- What was India’s GDP growth rate projected by RBI for FY 2021-22, as of Feb’21?
5) 8.3%Answer-2) 10.5%
The Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) met on 3rd, 4th and 5th February, 2021 which projected India’s gross domestic Product (GDP) growth at 10.5% for the FY2021-22, 26.2 to 8.3% in H1FY22 and 6.0 % in Q3FY22. The projection of Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation has been revised to 2% for the Q4FY21, 5.2 % to 5.0 % in H1FY22 and declined to 4.3% by Q3FY22.
- What is the RBI’s repo rate as of Feb’21?
5) 4.40%Answer-4) 4.00%
Policy Repo Rate 4.00% Reverse Repo Rate 3.35% Marginal Standing Facility (MSF) Rate 4.25% Bank Rate 4.25%
Repo rate is the rate at which the RBI lends money to commercial banks in the event of any shortfall of funds.
- Who was appointed (in Feb’21) as the acting Chief of Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI)?
1) Rishi Kumar Sukla
2) Praveen Sinha
3) Rakesh Asthana
4) Alok Verma
5) Ajit DovalAnswer-2) Praveen Sinha
On 3rd February 2021, The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has appointed Praveen Sinha, 1988 batch IPS officer of Gujarat Cadre, currently serving as the Additional Director of Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI), as the acting Chief of CBI. He succeeds Rishi Kumar Sukla who retires on 3rd February 2021 after a 2-year stint.
- Who authored the book, ‘By Many a Happy Accident: Recollections of a Life’?
1) Venkaiah Naidu
2) Pratibha Patil
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) L K Advani
5) Hamid AnsariAnswer-5) Hamid Ansari
Former Vice President of India Mohammad Hamid Ansari has authored a book titled ‘By Many a Happy Accident: Recollections of a Life’. It describes the unplanned happenings that took place in the life of M. Hamid that changed his way from his deferred fancy for academia to professional diplomacy and then co-opted in public life and became the Vice President of India for 2 consecutive terms.
- Which organisation is developing (as of Feb’21) a vehicle with capabilities to act as a ‘Space Taxi’ for small satellites?
1) Skyroot Aerospace
3) Collins Aerospace
4) Bellatrix Aerospace
5) General DynamicsAnswer-4) Bellatrix Aerospace
In a reforming development, the Bengaluru, Karnataka based Bellatrix Aerospace is building a vehicle that will work as a “taxi in space” to ferry small satellites into multiple orbits. It will be big development for global operators to reduce time and costs. The space startup’s vehicle is expected to launch to low earth orbit in 2023 on the Vikram rocket of Skyroot Aerospace, a Hyderabad-based rocket startup by former Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) scientists.