AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In May 2021, 5 Oil & Gas PSUs of India – IOCL, BPCL, HPCL, ONGC & GAIL signed an MoU for the construction & redevelopment of which religious site?
1) Dashashwamedh Ghat, Varanasi
2) Mahabodhi Temple, Bodh Gaya
3) Badrinath Dham, Badrinath
4) Sun Temple, Konark
5) Prem Mandir, VrindavanAnswer-3) Badrinath Dham, Badrinath
5 Oil and Gas Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) – Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd (ONGC), and GAIL India Ltd have signed an MoU with Badrinath Utthan Charitable Trust for Construction and Redevelopment of Badrinath Dham in Badrinath, Uttarakhand as a ‘Spiritual Smart hill Town’.
- Technology company, ‘Ecoppia’ will manufacture Robotic Solar Cleaning Technology in India, for its project in UAE. ‘Ecoppia’ belongs to which country?
5) BelgiumAnswer-4) Israel
An Israel-based company ‘Ecoppia’ is set to produce robotic solar cleaning technology in India for a project in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The project will take place through the Trilateral cooperation agreement between Israel, India, and UAE, which is the 1st of its kind between the 3 countries.
- Indian Railways inducted its 100th 12000 HP WAG 12 B locomotive in May 2021. Which company manufactured the rail locomotives?
1) Integral Coach Factory
2) Golden Rock Railway Workshop
3) Madhepura Electric Locomotive Private Ltd
4) Chittaranjan Locomotive Works
5) Titagarh Wagons LtdAnswer-3) Madhepura Electric Locomotive Private Ltd
Indian Railways inducted its 100th 12000 HP WAG 12 B locomotive manufactured by Madhepura Electric Locomotive Private Limited (MELPL) under the Make in India programme.
- What is the spectrum allocated by the Dept. of Telecommunication for conducting 5G trials in India?
1) 900 MHz
2) 1800 MHz
3) 2500 MHz
4) 800 MHz
5) All the AboveAnswer-5) All the Above
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT), Ministry of Communications has permitted the telecom service providers (TSPs) including Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio Infocomm, Vodafone Idea, and MTNL to conduct the 5G trial in India.
The operators are permitted to use their existing spectrums for the (800 MHz, 900 MHz, 1800 MHz and 2500 MHz) 5G trial.
- ‘2021 Global Methane Assessment: Benefits and Costs of Mitigating Methane Emissions’ report states Human human-caused methane emissions can be reduced by 45% by 2030.
Identify the points that are correct with respect to the report:
A) Report was released by Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) & United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP)
B) Increased Agricultural activities can reduce Methane emission
C) CCAC was established in 2012, While India became a member in 2019
1) Only B & C
2) All A, B & C
3) Only A
4) Only A & B
5) Only A & CAnswer-5) Only A & C
‘2021 Global Methane Assessment: Benefits and Costs of Mitigating Methane Emissions’ report released by Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC) & United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) states that human-caused methane emissions can be reduced by 45% in this decade (2020-30), these reductions would avoid 0.3°C of Global Warming by 2045.
i.The majority of human-caused methane emissions come from 3 sectors – fossil fuels (35%), landfills and waste (20%), and Agriculture (40%).
ii.CCAC was established in 2012 to protect the climate and improve air quality. India joined CCAC in 2019.
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar participated in the G7 Foreign & Development Ministers Meeting in May 2021.
What are the points that are correctly related with respect to the recent visit?
A) India a member of G7 participated in the meeting at London, UK
B) India-Japan-Australia conducted the 1st Trilateral Ministerial Dialogue virtually
C) India & UK signed the ‘Migration and Mobility Partnership (MMP)’ agreement allowing professionals to work & live in each other’s country for 2 years
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A
4) Only B
5) Only CAnswer-5) Only C
India’s External Affairs Minister (EAM) S Jaishankar visited London, United Kingdom (UK) from May 3-6, 2021 to participate in the G7 Foreign & Development Ministers Meeting. India is a Guest country to the meeting.
i.G7 Countries – Britain, United States, Canada, France, Germany, Italy & Japan.
ii.India-France-Australia conducted the 1st Trilateral Ministerial Dialogue virtually.
iii.India & UK signed the ‘Migration and Mobility Partnership (MMP)’ agreement, which includes a Special Young Professionals scheme allowing young Indian & British professionals to work & live in each other’s country for 2 years.
- Which Mutual Fund company recently (in May’21) launched an open ended Fund of Fund scheme for investing in Schroder International Selection Fund (SISF) Global Disruption?
1) Mirae Asset Mutual Fund
2) SBI Mutual Fund
3) Tata Mutual Fund
4) Franklin Templeton Investments
5) Axis Mutual FundAnswer-5) Axis Mutual Fund
On May 6,2021, Axis Mutual Fund launched a mutual fund scheme called Axis Global Innovation Fund of Fund to provide opportunity for investors to invest in Schroder International Selection Fund (SISF) Global Disruption to provide capital growth for the company.
- In May 2021, _____________ provided financial assistance worth Rs. 9,162 crores to __________ for the development of agriculture and allied sectors.
1) Reserve Bank of India, Tamil Nadu
2) NABARD, Gujarat
3) Reserve Bank of India, West Bengal
4) Reserve Bank of India, Gujarat
5) NABARD, West BengalAnswer-5) NABARD, West Bengal
In FY21, National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) gave financial support of Rs 9,162 crore to West Bengal(WB) for the development of agriculture and allied sectors under Covid-19.
i.In FY21, NABARD under its Rural Infrastructure Development Fund (RIDF) has sanctioned 2284 new rural infrastructure projects to WB worth Rs.1659.62 crores.
- Which company recently (in May’21) entered into the 100 most-valued Indian firms’ club with a Market Capital of Rs. 55,500 crores?
2) Power Grid
5) IOCLAnswer-1) SAIL
With Rs 55,500 crore market capitalisation (m-cap), Steel Authority of India Limited(SAIL) enters 100 most-valued Indian firms’ club.
- Which Regional Rural Bank was awarded with 5 awards by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority for various enrollment of Atal Pension Yojana?
1) Puduvai Bharathiar Grama Bank
2) Rajasthan Marudhara Gramin Bank
3) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
4) Himachal Pradesh Gramin Bank
5) Andhra Pradesh Grameena Vikas BankAnswer-3) Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank
Karnataka Vikas Grameena Bank (KVGB), has bagged top 5 awards from the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) due to the various campaigns held under KVGB for enrollment of Atal Pension Yojana (APY).
5 Awards – Lead to Leap, APY Makers of Excellence, Game Changers, Leadership Capital and Amazing Achievers