AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In October 2021, __________ released the report ‘The State of the World’s Children 2021; On My Mind’ which states that __________ of India’s population between 15 to 24 years were depressed.
1) WHO; 14%
2) UNICEF; 14%
3) WHO; 24%
4) UNICEF; 24%
5) FAO; 24%
Answer-2) UNICEF; 14%
Mansukh Mandaviya, the Union Minister for Health and Family Welfare released UNICEF’s (United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund) global flagship publication – ‘The State of the World’s Children 2021; On My Mind: promoting, protecting and caring for children’s mental health’.
i. It stated that 14% of 15 to 24-year-olds (or 1 in 7) in India were reported feeling depressed or having little interest in doing things.
- Which Ministry recently (in Oct’ 21) approved to continue its ‘Comprehensive Handicrafts Cluster Development Scheme’ (CHCDS) till March 2026?
1) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
4) Ministry of Textiles
5) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Answer-4) Ministry of Textiles
The Ministry of Textile approved to continue its Comprehensive Handicrafts Cluster Development Scheme (CHCDS) up to March 2026 with a total outlay of Rs 160 crore. It supports handicraft artisans & Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises(SMEs) to enhance production and exports.
About Ministry of Textiles:
Union Minister– Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha- Maharashtra)
- In October 2021, Defence Accounts Department under the Ministry of Defence developed an IT enabled payment and accounting system called- ‘__________’ for payments to domestic defence suppliers.
To keep the transaction pace at par with this growth the Defence Accounts Department (DAD) under the aegis of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) developed an IT (Information Technology)-enabled payment & accounting system called PRABAL.
i. MoD also raises the Income limit of differently-abled Dependents for family pension.
- How much Investment was approved by the Central Government (in Oct’ 21) for ‘Oil and Gas Projects’ in Northeast India?
1) Rs 1 lakh Crore
2) Rs 2 lakh Crore
3) Rs 2.5 lakh Crore
4) Rs 4 lakh Crore
5) Rs 5 lakh Crore
Answer-1) Rs 1 lakh Crore
The Union government approves Oil and Gas Projects worth Rs 1 lakh Crore for Northeast India and are expected to be completed by 2025. It plans to double the exploration acreage in North Eastern Region (NER) from existing 30,000 Sq. Kms to 60,000 Sq. Kms by 2025.
- What was India’s Bank Credit Growth in Q1 of FY22 in the ‘Quarterly Basic Statistical Returns-1: Outstanding Credit of Scheduled Commercial Banks’ report released by RBI?
The RBI released the report titled ‘Quarterly Basic Statistical Returns (BSR)-1: Outstanding Credit of Scheduled Commercial Banks (SCBs), June 2021’. The bank credit registered a 5.8% growth in the 1st quarter of the financial year 2021-22 (Q1 FY22) compared to 5.1% in Q4 of FY21.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Establishment – 1st April 1935
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
- Who was recently (in Oct’21) appointed as the brand ambassador(s) of Amrutanjan Health Care Limited (Amrutanjan)?
1) Neeraj Chopra
2) Mirabai Chanu
3) Bajrang Punia
4) Both 1 & 3
5) Both 2 & 3
Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
Amrutanjan Health Care Limited (Amrutanjan) appointed Tokyo Olympic’s weightlifting silver medalist Mirabai Chanu and wrestling Bronze medalist Bajrang Punia as the brand ambassadors of its range of products in pain management.
- Who recently (in oct’21) got a 1-year tenure extension to hold the post of Chairman & MD of the ‘Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited’ (MTNL)?
1) P D Vaghela
2) Ajay Tyagi
3) Sunil Kumar Gupta
4) Pravin Kumar Purwar
5) Ashok Kumar Gupta
Answer-4) Pravin Kumar Purwar
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet extended the additional charges of Pravin Kumar Purwar(PK Purwar) as the Chairman & Managing Director of the Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) for a period of 1 year.
i. In April 2020, PK Purwar, CMD of Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) took an additional charge as the CMD of MTNL.
- Which is the 1st Airbus operator in the world to start ‘Taxibot Services’ with passengers on board?
1) Air india
2) Spice Jet
5) AirAsia India
Answer-5) AirAsia India
AirAsia India became the first Airbus operator in the world to start Taxibot services with passengers on board with a modified Airbus fleet. The airline tied up with KSU Aviation, the exclusive operator of the TaxiBot in India.
i. Delhi International Airport Limited (DIAL) was the first airport in the world that introduced Taxibot.
- __________ was the theme of 2021’s ‘National Voluntary Blood Donation Day’ that is annually observed across India on ___________.
1) Safe Blood Saves Lives; 1st October
2) Safe Blood Saves Lives; 2nd October
3) Give Blood and keep the world-beating; 1st October
4) Give Blood and keep the world-beating; 2nd October
5) Safe Blood For All; 1st October
Answer-3) Give Blood and keep the world-beating; 1st October
The National Voluntary Blood Donation Day is annually observed across India on October 1st to create awareness about blood donation and promote voluntary blood donation across India.
i. The theme of the National Voluntary Blood Donation Day 2021 is “Give Blood and keep the world-beating”.
- Which State recently (in Oct’ 21) launched India’s first e-Fish Market app named- ‘Fishwaale’?
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
5) West Bengal
Assam Fisheries Minister Parimal Suklabaidya launched an app named ‘Fishwaale’. It has become India’s first e-fish market app. It will provide a boost to Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana (PMMSY).
River- Brahmaputra river, Barak river, Iril river
Ramsar site– Deepor Beel