AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- Where did Union Minister Harsh Vardhan virtually inaugurate India’s 1st Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) laboratory?
1) Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT), Mumbai
2) Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI), Faridabad
3) National Centre for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore
4) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), Mumbai
5) Indian Institute of Science (IISc), BangaloreAnswer-2) Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI), Faridabad
On January 5, 2021, Union Minister for Science & Technology, Harsh Vardhan virtually inaugurated the Coalition for Epidemic Preparedness Innovations (CEPI) Laboratory at the Translational Health Science & Technology Institute (THSTI), Faridabad. This is the 1st of its Kind in India & one of the Seven labs of the Global network. The Labs can be used by COVID-19 vaccine developers for free to assess immunogenicity of their vaccine candidate against a common protocol.
- Which state government announced the “Kisan Kalyan Mission” aimed at doubling Farmers’ Income?
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-3) Uttar Pradesh
On January 6, 2021, Uttar Pradesh government (UP) Chief Minister (CM) Yogi Adityanath launched a 3-week long campaign namely “Kisan Kalyan Mission” for the state’s farmer welfare and to double their income. It will be organised in every development block of all 75 districts. As a part of the mission, the UP government will also felicitate 100 ‘progressive farmers’ by recognizing them as role models. Their databases will also be prepared by the government.
- Which Organisation recently signed a loan worth USD 105 Million to Government of India for development of Inland Water Transport in West Bengal, on January, 2021?
1) International Monetary Fund
2) Asian Development Bank
3) European Central Bank
4) New Development Bank
5) World BankAnswer-5) World Bank
On January 5, 2021, Government of India (GoI), Government of West Bengal (WB)& World Bank signed USD 105 Million Project (approximately INR 767 Crores) for the West Bengal Inland Water Transport, Logistics and Spatial Development Project. The Project will enhance the capacity and improve the safety of Inland Water Transport System Restore existing ferries, buying new ferries with enhanced design Install electronic gates in 40 locations.
- Who will chair the Advisory Council that will be responsible for managing the implementation of RBI’s Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) Scheme?
1) BP Kanungo
2) Shaktikanta Das
3) M. Rajeshwar Rao
4) M. D. Patra
5) M.K. JainAnswer-1) BP Kanungo
On January 5, 2021, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announced Operationalization of the Payments Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) Scheme with an initial corpus of INR 345 Crores for three years starting from January 1, 2021 & may be extended for two more years depending upon the progress. An Advisory Council (AC) under the chairmanship of RBI Deputy Governor BP Kanungo will be responsible for managing the functioning of PIDF.
- What was the projected growth rate of India for FY 2021-22 in the Global Economic Prospects report released by World Bank, on January, 2021?
5) 7.6%Answer-4) 5.4%
According to the Global Economic Prospects (GEP-January 2021) report released by the World Bank (WB), India is expected to grow at 5.4% in the Financial Year (FY) 2021-22 & 5.2% in FY 2022-23 after an expected contraction of 9.6% in FY 2020/21. The report also highlighted that the Global Economy is expected to expand by 4% in 2021. India’s debt is expected to rise by 17% points of GDP owing to severe output contraction of more than 9%.
- Who was appointed as the 1st Deputy General Secretary of All India Football Federation (AIFF)?
1) P. K. Banerjee
2) I.M. Vijayan
3) Abhishek Yadav
4) Chuni Goswami
5) Pronay HalderAnswer- 3) Abhishek Yadav
On January 5, 2021 Abhishek Yadav, Former Indian footballer appointed as the 1st Deputy General Secretary of All India Football Federation (AIFF). It is the first time that a former national player has been appointed at a high-ranked position at AIFF. He was the member of AIFF and has been serving as national team’s director since January 2018. It is to be recalled that AIFF decided to create a new deputy general secretary post in its hierarchy
- When was World Day of War Orphans observed annually across the globe?
1) January 6
2) December 4
3) January 4
4) December 30
5) January 2Answer-1) January 6
World Day of War Orphans is observed annually on January 6 around the world to raise awareness about the difficult situation of the children who have been orphaned due to war and the need to care for these children who live in traumatic conditions in war-torn areas. The day also aims to address the war orphans as it has become a growing worldwide humanitarian and social crisis.
- Where did the 2-day Asian Waterbird Census-2020 commence, on January 2021?
1) Tamil Nadu
4) West Bengal
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-5) Andhra Pradesh
The two-day Asian Waterbird Census-2020 commenced in Andhra Pradesh under the aegis of experts from the Bombay Natural History Society (BNHS), covering at least two dozen sites, including Coringa Wildlife Sanctuary, Kolleru Lake and Krishna Sanctuary.
- What was the portal that got launched jointly by Union Ministers Smriti Irani and Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ for promoting indigenous toy industries?
5) toycathon.gov.inAnswer-3) toycathon.mic.gov.in
On January 5, 2021, an inter-ministerial Initiative, Toycathon 2021, was jointly launched by Union Minister Smriti Zubin Irani, Minister for Women & Child Development (MoWCD), Ministry of Textiles, and Union Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, Ministry of Education (MoE) along with Toycathon Portal (https://toycathon.mic.gov.in.) during the launch event in New Delhi. Aiming to make India self-reliant in the toy sector by promoting the indigenous toy industry and to make India.Currently India’s toy market stands at around 1.5 Billion USD imports with 80% import of toys. Official Mascot of Toycathon 2021- “Toycoo”.
- What is the purpose of the new portal released by Railway Minister Piyush Goyal to replace physical processes by minimizing human to human interaction and also bring more transparency in Indian on January, 2021?
1) Tatkal Ticket Booking
2) Freight Business Development
3) Covid-19 Monitoring
4) Kisan Rail Information
5) PNR Number VerificationAnswer-2) Freight Business Development
On January 5, 2021, Union Minister Piyush Vedprakash Goyal, Ministry of Railways, launched the first-of-its-kind Indian Railways dedicated Freight portal “Freight Business Development Portal” on the lines of ease of doing business. This portal enables the customers to know the status of their freight requirement. Indian Railways achieved the highest ever loading continuously in Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec 2020. In December 2020, it was 118.13 MT which is 8.54% higher than December 2019 loading of 108.84 MT.