AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 December 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- Narendra Modi inaugurated a thought leadership forum on FinTech called ‘Infinity Forum’ (in Dec’21) that was hosted by which Organization?
1) Reserve Bank of India
2) Securities & Exchange Board of India
3) International Financial Services Centers Authority
4) Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority
5) Institute of Chartered Accountants of IndiaAnswer-3) International Financial Services Centers Authority
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated a thought leadership forum on FinTech called ‘Infinity Forum’ that was hosted by International Financial Services Centers Authority (IFSCA), under the aegis of the Government of India in collaboration with GIFT City and Bloomberg.
Theme: The Forum focused on the theme of ‘Beyond’ with various sub-themes.
About International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA):
Headquarters – Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Chairperson – Injeti Srinivas
- Which Organization signed a MoU (in Dec’21) with National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB) to promote the production of medicinal plants?
1) National Botanical Research Institute
2) National Chemical Laboratory
3) Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology
4) Central Institute of medicinal and Aromatic Plants
5) National Institute of Science, Technology and Development StudiesAnswer- 4) Central Institute of medicinal and Aromatic Plants
The National Medicinal Plants Board (NMPB), under the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, Sowa-Rigpa and Homoeopathy signed a MoU with the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research-Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, (CSIR-CIMAP), lucknow to collaborate in promoting the production of Quality Planting Material (QPM) of medicinal plants.
Director– Dr. Prabodh Kumar Trivedi
Headquarters– Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- In December 2021, Union Minister of External Affairs Subrahmanyam Jaishankar addressed the _________ Indian Ocean Conference at ___________.
1) 4th; Riyadh
2) 5th; Abu Dhabi
3) 3rd; Riyadh
4) 5th; Gujarat
5) 2nd; Abu DhabiAnswer-2) 5th; Abu Dhabi
The Union Minister Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Ministry of External Affairs (EAM) addressed the 5th Indian Ocean Conference in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE).
• The theme of the conference was ‘Indian Ocean: Ecology, Economy, Epidemic’.
• The Conference is chaired by Sri Lankan President Gotabaya Rajapaksa & Vice Chairs are S.Jaishankar, Vivian Balakrishnan, Sayyid Badr Bin Hamad Bin Hamoud Al Busaidi.
- Who won the Presidential election of Gambia for the second term in December 2021?
1) Samia Suluhu
2) Adama Barrow
3) John Magufuli
4) Denis Sassou NGuesso
5) Pascal LissoubaAnswer-2) Adama Barrow
The President of Gambia, Adama Barrow, won the second term as President during Gambia’s presidential election by achieving over 53% votes from 50 of 53 constituencies. He defeated his main challenger Ousainou Darboe who won 27.7% of the vote.
The results of the election were declared by Electoral Commission Chairman Alieu Momarr Njai.
- Who was appointed as the Chairperson of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) in December 2021?
1) Sukhbir Singh Sandhu
2) R.K Pandey
3) Asheesh Sharma
4) Alka Upadhyaya
5) Deepak KumarAnswer-4) Alka Upadhyaya
Alka Upadhyaya, IAS officer appointed as Chairperson of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) under Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) by the Government of India.
i. Sanjay Bandopadhyay, AS, Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways (MoPSW), has been appointed as the Chairman of the Inland Waterways Authority of India.
ii. Sundeep Kumar Nayak has been appointed as Director-General, National Productivity Council, Department for Promotion of Industry & Internal Trade.
- Name the 1st survey Vessel project was launched (in Dec’21) for the Indian Navy by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Limited in West Bengal.
5) SandhayakAnswer- 5) Sandhayak
Sandhayak, the 1st of the four Survey Vessels (Large) Project being built for the Indian Navy (IN) was launched in Hooghly River of Kolkata, West Bengal (WB) in the presence of Minister of State (MoS) Ajay Bhatt, Ministry of Defence (MoD).
i. These Vessels have been designed and developed by Defence Public Sector Undertaking (DPSU), Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers (GRSE) Limited on the concept of ‘Integrated Construction’.
ii. It was launched by Smt Pushpa Bhatt, spouse of Ajay Bhatt, by chanting invocation from Atharva Veda. It is a Naval Maritime Tradition of launching new vessels.
- Which country won the 2021 Men’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha?
5) EgyptAnswer-2) Argentina
Argentina junior men’s hockey team defeated Germany by 4-2 in the final of the 2021 Men’s FIH Hockey Junior World Cup (WC) or 12th edition of the Men’s FIH Hockey Junior WC to clinch their second Junior Men’s Hockey WC title at the Kalinga Stadium in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
This biennial Men’s under-21 field hockey world championship was organized by the International Hockey Federation (FIH).
Best Player of the Tournament: Timothée Clément (FRANCE)
Best Goalkeeper of the Tournament: Anton Brinckman (GERMANY).
- Who was recently (in Dec’21) appointed as the ambassador for the 1st edition of the Saudi Grand Prix?
1) Max Mosley
2) Alexander Wurz
3) Lando Norris
4) Reema Juffali
5) Nico RosebergAnswer-4) Reema Juffali
Reema Juffali, has been appointed as an ambassador for the first edition of the Saudi Grand Prix, under the Formula 1 (F1) World Championship
• Reema Juffali is the 1st Female F1 driver of Saudi Arabia.
About Federation Internationale de l’ Automobile (FIA):
President – Jean Todt
Headquarters – Paris, France
- Padma Bhushan awardee M. Sarada Menon passed away recently (in Dec’21). What was her profession?
5) DoctorAnswer-5) Doctor
Padma Bhushan Dr Mamballaikalathil Sarada Menon, India’s 1st woman Psychiatrist & the longest-serving head of the Institute of Mental Health has passed away in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
She was honoured with Padma Bhushan in 1992 for social works.
- What are points that are correct with respect to the Mahaparinirvan Diwas?
A) Every year Mahaparinirvan Diwas observed across India on 2nd December to mark the Birth anniversary of Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar.
B) 2021 marks the observance of the 65th Mahaparinirvan Diwas.
C) Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Constitution of Independent India.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
Every year Mahaparinirvan Diwas observed across India on 6th December to mark the death anniversary of Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar.
i. 6th December 2021 marks the observance of the 65th Mahaparinirvan Diwas.
ii. Dr Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar was chairman Drafting committee of the Constitution of independent India.