AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 August 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the amount that was granted by India as Line of Credit to Maldives for expansion of fishing facilities at Maldives Industrial Fisheries Company (MIFCO)?
1) USD 20 million
2) USD 7 million
3) USD 14 million
4) USD 18 million
5) USD 10 millionAnswer-4) USD 18 million
India has extended the Line of Credit (LoC) worth USD18 million to the Government of Maldives for the expansion of fishing facilities at Maldives Industrial Fisheries Company (MIFCO) based in Felivaru, Lhaviyani Atoll, through the development of fish collection and storage facilities, and the setting up of a tuna cooked plant and fishmeal plant. The credit line agreement was signed by India’s Export-Import Bank (EXIM)’s Chief General Manager Sudhattaa Mandal and Maldivian Minister of Finance Ibrahim Ameer. This extension is a part of US$800 million LoC offered by India through Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) carrying an interest rate of 1.75% with repayment tenor of 20 years and a 5-year moratorium.
- The Punjab state government has launched ‘Pride of Punjab’ programme as a partnership between the Department of Sports & Youth Services & YuWaah. The YuWaah is the initiative of which world organization?
1) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
4) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)Answer- 3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh launched the ‘Pride of Punjab’ programme through video conferencing. The programme is a partnership programme between the Department of Youth Services and Sports and YuWaah – a joint initiative of UNICEF, other UN agencies, civil society organizations and the private sector.
- India’s first mobile RT-PCR COVID lab named ‘Mobile Infection Testing and Reporting lab (MITR)’ was developed by which institute?
1) Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR)
2) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
3) Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru
4) Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR)
5) Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS)Answer-3) Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bengaluru
Karnataka’s Medical Education Minister Dr. K Sudhakar inaugurated India’s first Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT- PCR) COVID-19 mobile Lab approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). The mobile lab is called the Mobile Infection Testing and Reporting lab (MITR) which was developed by the Indian Institute of Science (IISC) in Bengaluru and handed over to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences (RGUHS) in Bengaluru. The lab is capable of producing 100% results within 4 hours and it can conduct 9000 RT-PCR tests per month.
- Union minister Narendra Singh Tomar has launched “Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel”, a new initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC). The NCDC functions under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
2) Ministry of Rural Development
3) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
4) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
5) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public EnterprisesAnswer-4) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare Shri Narendra Singh Tomar has launched “Sahakar Cooptube NCDC Channel”, a new initiative by National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) and the guidance videos produced by NCDC on ‘Formation and Registration of A Cooperative’ also launched in Hindi and regional language of eighteen different states. The headquarters of NCDC is New Delhi. NCDC functions under Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare.
- The foundation stone of Indian Institute of Management Sirmaur was laid at which state?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Andhra Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) Himachal PradeshAnswer-5) Himachal Pradesh
Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank has laid the foundation stone of Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Sirmaur at Dhaula kuan in the Sirmaur district of Himachal Pradesh through Video conference, along with Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh Shri Jai Ram Thakur; Minister of State for Finance Shri Anurag Singh Thakur and Minister of State for Education Shri Sanjay Dhotre.
- The doubling of Lachyan-Hotgi section was completed by South Western Railway recently. The bridge was built over which river?
5) TungaAnswer- 2) Bhima
The South Western Railway commissioned the development of Lachyan-Hotgi section, which is 33 km long, as part of the doubling project from Hotgi-Kudgi-Gadag (284 km) which had been sanctioned by the Railway Board in 2014-15. The route connects Karnataka with Maharashtra through Bijapur and Sholapur districts. The track passes through the 670 m long important bridge over River Bhima, the longest bridge in the zone comprising 14 spans of 45.7 m each which is now being seen as one of the most important developments of the route.
- As per UN’s report titled “Policy Brief: Education during COVID-19 and beyond”, How many additional children and youths may drop out or not have access to school in 2021?
1) 26.3 million
2) 23.8 million
3) 17.1 million
4) 12.5 million
5) 15.7 millionAnswer-2) 23.8 million
António Guterres Secretary-General of United Nations(UN) launched the report titled “Policy Brief: Education during COVID-19 and beyond” states that around 23.8 million additional children and youths may drop out or not have access to school in 2021 due to the economic impacts of COVID-19. The Policy brief was built on United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation(UNESCO)’s data and features recommendations on ways to avoid the emerging disaster.
- Which state government launched “Mahila Evam Kishori Samman Yojana” & “Mukhya Mantri Doodh Uphar Yojana” for girls and women?
5) MaharashtraAnswer-3) Haryana
In order to give a major boost to the” Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” campaign, on August 5, 2020, the state government of Haryana has launched two schemes, with a total outlay of Rs 256 crore, viz. launched “Mahila Evam Kishori Samman Yojana” to provide free sanitary napkins to girls and women of below poverty line (BPL) families, and initiated “Mukhya Mantri Doodh Uphar Yojana” to provide fortified flavoured skimmed milk powder to women and children. These schemes were launched by Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar through video conferencing.
- Name the state which launched Shaheed Mahendra Karma Tendupatta Sangrahak Samajik Suraksha Yojana for tendu leaves collectors?
5) ChhattisgarhAnswer- 5) Chhattisgarh
On the occasion of birth anniversary of slain Congress leader Mahendra Karma, i.e. on August 5, 2020, the Chhattisgarh Chief Minister (CM) Bhupesh Baghel launched a social security scheme namely “Shaheed Mahendra Karma Tendupatta Sangrahak Samajik Suraksha Yojana” for tendu leaves collectors in the state covering over 12 lakh families, mostly tribals and forest dwellers.
- Name the payments bank which partnered with Bharti AXA General Insurance to offer “smart plan shop package policy”.
1) Airtel Payments Bank
2) India Post Payments Bank
3) Paytm Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) Jio Payments BankAnswer-1) Airtel Payments Bank
Airtel Payments Bank has entered into a partnership with Bharti AXA General Insurance to offer the latter’s affordable and newly launched shop insurance product namely “Smart Plan Shop Package Policy” for financial protection of the bank’s retailers and merchants. The policy will provide financial protection in case of damage to assets inside the shop due to fire and allied perils and burglary, among others, as covered in the product.
- What will be the fall in global remittance in 2020 as per Asian Development Bank (ADB) report?
1) $108.6 billion
2) $214.7 billion
3) $98.3 billion
4) $74.1 billion
5) $172.5 billionAnswer-1) $108.6 billion
In accordance with the report by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) published on August 3, 2020, if the economic impact of COVID-19 persists throughout the year then global remittances may fall by $108.6 billion in 2020. As per the report, there is severe continuous impact of pandemic on the global economic systems and employment.
- Which is the most valuable brand in the world as per FutureBrand Index 2020?
5) Reliance IndustriesAnswer-3) Apple
FutureBrand Index 2020 was released, Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), Oil and Gas Company ranked as the Second Biggest Brand for its recognition associated with its growth, innovative products and customer service after Apple which topped the index. RIL ranked 91st in the PricewaterhouseCoopers(PwC) Global Top 100 companies 2020.
- Who has been appointed as the new Lieutenant Governor of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K)?
1) Anandiben Patel
2) Anusuiya Uikey
3) B. D. Mishra
4) Manoj Sinha
5) R. N. RaviAnswer-4) Manoj Sinha
President of India, Ram Nath Kovind appointed Manoj Sinha (61), former union minister and senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader from Uttar Pradesh(UP) as Lieutenant(Lt) Governor of Jammu and Kashmir(J&K), effective from the date he assumes charge. He succeeds Girish Chandra Murmu, the 1st Lt governor of the Union Territory(UT) of J&K who resigned on August 5, 20020.
- Ajay Tyagi has got extension as chairman of which organization till February 28, 2022?
1) Forward Market Commission of India
2) Reserve Bank of India
3) Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India
4) Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority
5) Securities and Exchange Board of IndiaAnswer-5) Securities and Exchange Board of India
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet(ACC), Government of India (GoI), has approved another extension of Ajay Tyagi’s term as Chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) for 18 months, with effect from (w.e.f)01.09.2020 up to 28.02.2022 or until further orders, whichever is earlier. The government had granted a 6-month extension to him before the expiry of his three-year tenure on March 1, 2020. He took charge from his predecessor, U K Sinha, on March 1, 2017.
- Who has been appointed as the ambassadors of Win Trade Fantasy (WTF) Sports recently?
1) Suresh Raina
2) Harmanpreet Kaur
3) Ravindra Jadeja
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)Answer- 4) Both 1) and 2)
Indian middle-order batsman Suresh Raina & Indian women’s team captain (T20I) Harmanpreet Kaur were appointed as Global brand ambassadors of Win Trade Fantasy Sports (WTF). In addition to this, Suresh Raina has also joined the brand as Strategic Partner. World Trade Fantasy Sports (WTF) is a fantasy sports gaming platform, which was formally launched in India and other parts of the world on 6th August, 2020.
- People’s Archive of Rural India has won ‘Outstanding Environmental Reporting of the Year 2020’ at Prem Bhatia award 2020. Name the person who has been conferred with ‘Outstanding Political Reporting of the Year 2020’ award at Prem Bhatia award 2020?
1) Swapan Dasgupta
2) Balraj Puri
3) Dipankar Ghose
4) Girilal Jain
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) Dipankar Ghose
Prem Bhatia award 2020 is conferred upon Indian Express reporter Dipankar Ghose– ‘Outstanding Political Reporting of the Year 2020’ and People’s Archive of Rural India(PARI), a non-profit journalism website – ‘Outstanding Environmental Reporting of the Year 2020’.
- Name the Malayalam film which has won best film award at the 20th edition of New York Indian Film Festival (NYIFF).
5) Anjaam PathiraaAnswer-2) Moothon
Malayalam film ‘Moothon’ and National Award winning documentary ‘Son Rise’ won awards at the 20th edition of New York Indian Film Festival(NYIFF) of Indo-American Arts Council (IAAC) which was conducted as a virtual event with the celebrities of the film industries and award winners participating from all across India and the United States. The Malayalam film “Moothon” directed by Geetu Mohandas starring Nivin Pauly won the Best Film Award in the 20th NYIFF. For Moothon, Nivin Pauly won the Best Actor Award for his role as Akbar and Sanjana Dipu won the Best Child Actor Awards for her role as Mulla. Son Rise directed by Vibha Bakshi won the 20th NYIFF award under the Best Feature Documentary category. Garggi Ananthan won the Best Actress Award at the 20th NYIFF for the film “Run Kalyani”.
- Oman India Joint Investment Fund (OIJIF) II has acquired 1.63% stake in DCB Bank Limited. Where is the HQ of DCB bank located?
5) New DelhiAnswer-4) Mumbai
Oman India Joint Investment Fund(OIJIF) II acquired 5.07 million (50,69,903) shares or 1.63% stake in DCB Bank Limited (DCB Bank) through a block trade (bulk deal) on stock exchanges. The stake is valued at Rs 42 crore.
- Name the person who authored the book titled ‘RAW: A History of India’s Covert Operations’.
1) Yatish Yadav
2) Maloy Krishna Dhar
3) Stephen King
4) Ruskin Bond
5) None of the AboveAnswer-1) Yatish Yadav
The famous Journalist and Author, Yatish Yadav wrote a new book titled, “RAW (Research and Analysis Wing): A History of India’s Covert Operations”, narrates the heroic operations carried out by the Indian external spy agency, RAW has been published by Westland Publications and is available in Amazon and other bookstores in India.
- Shirley Ann Grau who passed away recently has won Pulitzer Prize for which book?
1) The black prince and other stories
2) The Keepers of the House
3) The hard blue sky
4) House on Coliseum Street
5) The condor passesAnswer-2) The Keepers of the House
The famous fiction writer and Pulitzer Prize-winner, Shirley Ann Grau, died at the age of 91 due to stroke in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. She was born on July 8, 1929 in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. Shirley won the Pulitzer Prize for her fourth book, “The Keepers of the House” in 1965.
- The Hiroshima Day was observed annually on August 6. The year 2020 marks _____ anniversary of Hiroshima Day.
5) 75thAnswer- 5) 75th
August 6th of every year is observed as Hiroshima Day to mark the world’s first atomic bombing on Hiroshima, Japan during World War II which instantly killed more than 70,000 people. The day is to remember the victims of the bombing and to promote world peace and create awareness about the hazards of Nuclear Power and nuclear weapons. 6th August 2020 marks the 75th Anniversary of Hiroshima Day. On 6th august 1945, The United States of America detonated the first nuclear bomb named “Little Boy”, a uranium gun-type bomb, from a modified B-29 bomber named Enola Gay at 1900 feet above the city of Hiroshima followed by “Fat Man”, plutonium implosion bomb over Nagasaki on 9th August 1945.
- Railways of which country has launched Overhead Equipment (OHE) Inspection app for real-time monitoring?
1) United States
5) JapanAnswer-3) India
Indian Railways has launched an Overhead Equipment (OHE) Inspection app which will help in minimizing the train delays and long waits due to technical snags. The app has been rolled out on a Pan India basis.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the union railway minister of India?
1) Harsh Vardhan
2) RS Prasad
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Piyush Goyal
5) RajNath SinghAnswer-4) Piyush Goyal
Piyush Goyal is the present union minister of Railways in India.
- Kushinagar International Airport is located in which state?
3) Himachal Pradesh
5) Uttar pradeshAnswer-5) Uttar pradesh
Union Cabinet on June 24 approved the declaration of the airport in Uttar Pradesh’s Kushinagar as an international airport. India is establishing an International Airport in Kushinagar for Buddhist pilgrims including those from Sri Lanka. Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday informed his Lankan counterpart Mahinda Rajapaksa about the establishment of an international airport in the Buddhist pilgrimage city of Kushinagar, and said that the city looked forward to welcoming visitors from Sri Lanka at an early date.
- Genbaku Dome, the UNESCO world heritage site is located in which country?
3) South Korea
4) North Korea
5) ThailandAnswer-1) Japan
The Hiroshima Peace Memorial (Genbaku Dome), Japan one of the few structures left standing in the city center after the bomb exploded on 6 August 1945.
- Who is the present governor of Chhattisgarh?
1) Baby Rani Maurya
2) Dr. Tamilisai Soundararajan
3) Anusuiya Uikey
4) Anandiben Patel
5) Manoj SinhaAnswer-3) Anusuiya Uikey
Anusuiya Uikey is the present governor of Chhattisgarh.
- Where is the HQ of Export-Import (EXIM) Bank of India located at?
5) New DelhiAnswer-4) Mumbai
The HQ of Export-Import (EXIM) Bank of India located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.