AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Alumni Council has launched India’s first “COVID-19 test bus” in which Indian city?
4) New Delhi
The Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Alumni Council launched India’s 1st “COVID-19 test bus” in Mumbai, Maharashtra and inaugurated by Chief Minister Uddhav Thackery, Health Minister Rajesh Tope and Praveen Pardeshi.
- According to tribal affairs ministry, the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Minor Forest Produce (MFP) of how many items was raised recently.
As per the order issued by Tribal Affairs Ministry ,The Minimum Support Price(MSP) for Minor Forest Produce(MFP) of 49 items was raised in view of circumstances arising out of Covid 19, which also stated that the MSP for MFPs is revised once in every 3 years by the Pricing Cell constituted under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs. The increase across various items of MFP ranges from 16 % to 66%.
- Name the Indian state which has launched schemes named Birsa Harit Gram Yojana (BHGY), NeelambarPitambar JAL Sammridhi Yojana (NPJSY) and Veer SahidPoto Ho Khel Vikas Scheme (VSPHKVS) for rural job creation.
4) West Bengal
Jharkhand Chief Minister,HemantSoren launches three schemes, BirsaHarit Gram Yojana(BHGY), NeelambarPitambar JAL SammridhiYojana(NPJSY) and Veer SahidPotoHoKhelVikas Scheme (VSPHKVS) to prove wage employment for the workers in the rural area devised in convergence with the Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) in the presence of rural development minister AlamgirAlam, water resources minister MithileshThankur and other administrative officials.
- The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) announced that it will launch digital platform named ‘India SME Services Platform’ to educate stake holders in SME. Who is the present Chairman of SIDBI?
1) Mohammad Mustafa
2) Ajay Tyagi
3) Aravind Subramaniam
4) Subash Chandra Khuntia
5) BP Kanungo
Answer-1) Mohammad Mustafa
The Small Industries Development Bank of India(SIDBI) informed that it will launch ‘India SME Services Platform’, a digital platform to educate stakeholders in the small and medium enterprises(SME) ecosystem and have information on coronavirus-related initiatives for the sector. SIDBI Chairman & Managing Director (MD)– Mohammad Mustafa.
- What is the revised GDP forecast of India for the FY 2020-2021 as per Singapore based DBS bank?
The Singapore based DBS bank has trimmed the India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) forecast for FY 2020-2021 to 1% from 1.5% projected on April 9, 2020 due to two months lockdown.The Bank also estimated that another Rs 1.5-3 lakh-crore needed to reach every poor.
- Who among the following has been appointed as US representative to the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), lending arm of World Bank?
1) Abhijit Banerjee
2) Venkatraman Ramakrishnan
3) Subramanyan Chandrasekhar
4) Vivek Hallegere Murthy
5) Ashok Michael Pinto
Answer-5) Ashok Michael Pinto
United States President Donald Trump nominated Indian-American lawyer Ashok Michael Pinto as a representative to the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the World Bank’s lending arm. He was nominated as US Alternate Executive Director of IBRD for a period of 2 years.
- Krishnan Ramachandran has been appointed as the MD&CEO of Max Bupa Health Insurance. Where is the HQ of Max Bupa located at?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
Max Bupa Health Insurance appointed Krishnan Ramachandran as its new managing director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO). He succeeds Ashish Mehrotra, after almost 5 years of service in its company.Max Bupa Health Insurance: Headquarters– New Delhi, India.
- Shrikant Madhav Vaidya has been appointed as the new chairman of which Indian PSU?
1) Indian Oil Corporation
2) National Thermal Power Corporation
3) Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
4) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
5) Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited
Answer-1) Indian Oil Corporation
Shrikant Madhav Vaidya is slated to be the new chairman of state-run Indian Oil Corporation, after marathon interviews held by the Public Enterprise Selection Board recently.
- Name the Indian Journalist who has won 2020 Pulitzer award in feature photography category.
1) Dar Yasin
2) Mukhtar Khan
3) Channi Anand
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
The three Indian photojournalists namely Dar Yasin, Mukhtar Khan and Channi Anand from Jammu and Kashmir who work for Associated Press (AP) have won the 2020 Pulitzer Prize in feature photography. The award recognized their exceptional coverage of Jammu and Kashmir during the lockdown that was imposed on Jammu and Kashmir by the Central Government after the revocation of Article 370 on August 5, 2019.
- Russian president Vladimir Putin awards commemorative World War II medal to who among the following, marking the 75th anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany.
1) Donald Trump
2) Xi Jinping
3) Kim Jong-un
4) Narendra Modi
5) Shinzo Ape
Answer-3) Kim Jong-un
The Russian embassy in Pyongyang, North Korea announced that the Russian President Vladimir Putin has awarded North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un a commemorative war medal marking the 75th anniversary of the victory over Nazi Germany.
- Nicholas C. Coops of Canada, Joseph J. Landsberg of Australia and Richard H. Waring of US shares the Marcus Wallenberg Prize 2020 for 3-PG model. The Marcus Wallenberg Prize is popularly called as which among the following?
1) Nobel Prize of Architecture
2) Nobel Prize of Mathematics
3) Nobel Prize for forest sector
4) Noble Prize in Industrial sector
5) Nobel Prize of Books
Answer-3) Nobel Prize for forest sector
Professors Nicholas C. Coops of the University of British Columbia(UBC), Vancouver, Canada, Richard H. Waring of Oregon State University, United States of America(USA) & Joseph J. Landsberg of the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization(CSIRO) Australia shares the ‘Marcus Wallenberg Prize(MWP) 2020’ or ‘the Nobel Prize for forest sector’ for 3-PG (Physiological Principles Predicting Growth), a model to predict forest growth in a changing climate.
- PM Modi has attended the online meeting of Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) contact group on theme “United against COVID-19” hosted by the current Chairman of NAM, Ilham Aliyev. Ilham Aliyev is president of which country?
Prime Minister(PM) Narendra Modi participates in the online summit of Non-Aligned Movement(NAM) Contact Group on the theme “United against COVID-19” hosted by the current Chairman of NAM, President of Republic of Azerbaijan HE Ilham Aliyev through video conference to discuss the response to the COVID-19 pandemic crisis. It also observes the International Day of Multilateralism and Diplomacy for Peace(April 24).
- Union Minister of State (I/C) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Jitendra Singh has participated Bamboo conclave via video conference recently. What is the % of India’s bamboo reserve present in North-East.
Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances,Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh participated in the Bamboo Conclave through Video Conference. The Government over the last six years has accorded highest priority to the development of the North Eastern region, which resulted in a boost to the bamboo sector which it had never received since independence. It should be noted that the northeast consists of 60% of India’s reserve of Bamboo.
- Name the Ministry which has constituted the 7-member committee to enhance audit independence and accountability.
1) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
2) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
3) Ministry of Law and Justice
4) Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas
5) Minister of Chemicals and Fertilizers
Answer-1) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs(MCA) has constituted a 7-member committee to examine the comments received on the consultation paper floated by it & make recommendations which require any amendments in law, rules and standards so as to enhance audit independence and accountability. The panel has been asked to submit its report by June 30.
- Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has set up a panel to frame standard professional indemnity policy for insurance intermediaries that was issued by all the insurers. Who heads the panel?
1) Rajiv Kumar
2) AS Mishra
3) VK Paul
4) Yegnapriya Bharat
5) Tapan Roy
Answer-4) Yegnapriya Bharat
The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDAI) has set up a panel to frame standard professional indemnity policy for insurance intermediaries that can be issued by all the insurers. It is headed by Yegnapriya Bharat, CGM (Non-Life), IRDAI.
- Kalpataru Power Transmission Limited (KPTL)has announced successful completion of sale of entire stake in KalpataruSatpura Transco Private Limited (KSTPL) to which company.
1) ReNew Power
3) CLP India
5) Reliance Power
Answer-3) CLP India
Kalpataru Power Transmission Limited(KPTL) announced the successful completion of the sale of the entire stake in Kalpataru Transco Private Limited(KSTPL) to CLP India Private Limited of CLP groups, one of Asia’s largest investor-owned power business and from November 20, 2019,KSTPL ceased to be a subsidiary of the company.
- Which laboratory of DRDO has developed “UV blaster” an ultraviolet (UV) disinfection tower for a quick and chemical-free sanitizer.
1) Laser Science & Technology Centre (LASTEC)
2) Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL)
3) Defence Bio-engineering & Electro-medical Laboratory (DEBEL)
4) Centre for Air Borne System (CABS)
5) Centre for High Energy Systems and Sciences (CHESS)
Answer-1) Laser Science & Technology Centre (LASTEC)
The Laser Science & Technology Centre(LASTEC), Delhi-based, laboratory of the Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO), Defence ministry with the assistance of New Age Instruments and Material Private Ltd., Gurugram developed “UV blaster” an ultraviolet(UV) disinfection tower for a quick and chemical-free sanitization of areas that are highly prone to the infection of novel coronavirus in method.
- The Scientists of S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS) hasdeveloped Nanomedicine to alter oxidative stress to treat COVID-19. Where is SNBNCBS located?
The Scientists of S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences (SNBNCBS), Kolkata developed a nanomedicine, safe and cost-effective, to treat many diseases by altering oxidative stress in the body and the research will support the combat against the COVID-19 in India.
- The Researchers at CSIR – Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP) have developed two herbal products named ‘CIM-Paushak’ and ‘Herbal Cough Syrup’ which boost the immunity of the persons. Where is CIMAP located?
1) New Delhi
Researchers at Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants (CIMAP), Lucknow, have developed scientifically proven two herbal products ‘CIM-Paushak’ and ‘Herbal Cough Syrup’ which can boost the immunity of the persons as well as helps in reducing the dry cough symptom generally associated with the coronavirus infection.
- James M. Beggs who passed away recently is the former administrator of which space agency?
1) Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency (JAXA)
2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
3) Centre national d’étudesspatiales (CNES)
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
5) China National Space Administration (CNSA)
Answer-2) National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
James M. Beggs, who had a key role as NASA’s administrator in the 1980s in promoting the space shuttle program, then resigned soon after the 1986 Challenger disaster that left seven astronauts dead, died April 23 at his home in Bethesda, Md. He was 94.He was named NASA administrator — the space agency’s top position — in 1981.
- The World Asthma Day 2020 was observed on May 5. What is the theme for the day?
1) “Enough Asthma Deaths”
2) “Better air better breathing”
3) “STOP for Asthma”
4) “No more Asthma”
5) “You Can Control Your Asthma”
Answer-1) “Enough Asthma Deaths”
World Asthma Day is observed annually on the first Tuesday of May and this year it was celebrated on May 5, 2020. The day is organized by the Global Initiative for Asthma (GINA) to improve asthma awareness and care around the world. Theme for the year 2020: Enough Asthma Deaths.
- When was the International Day of the Midwife observed annually?
1) 28th August
2) 5th May
3) 21st July
4) 14th June
5) 7th April
Answer-2) 5th May
The International Day of the Midwife is globally observed on 5th May of every year since 1992 to acknowledge the works of midwives and to raise awareness about their status. The First International Midwives Day was celebrated in 1991. The idea of this day was proposed in the International Confederation of Midwives(ICM) Conference, Netherlands in 1987. The theme of this year is “Midwives with women: celebrate, demonstrate, mobilise, unite – our time is now”.
- The Narendra Singh Tomar (Union Rural Development minister) launched “The Saras Collection” on Government e- Marketplace (GeM) portal recently. The Saras collection is the initiative of GeM and which mission?
1) Swachh Bharat Mission
2) Skill India Mission
3) Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
4) Smart City Mission
5) DeenDayalAntyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission
Answer-5) DeenDayalAntyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission
Union Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj and Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, launched “The Saras Collection” on the Government e Marketplace (GeM) portal to showcase daily utility products made by rural self-help groups (SHGs).The Saras Collection is an initiative of GeM and the DeenDayalAntyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM).
- Name the Indian state which has launched app named “Exit App” for people of other states who are stranded in the state due to the lockdown.
2) West Bengal
Answer-2) West Bengal
The West Bengal (WB) state Home Secretary, AlapanBandopadhyay announced that the WB Government (govt) launched an “exit app” for people of other states who are stranded in the state due to the lockdown and want to return to their native place.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the capital and currency of North Korea?
1) Pyongyang & Won
2) Moscow & Rouble
3) Seoul & Won
4) Pyongyang& Pound
5) Seoul & Pound
Answer-1) Pyongyang & Won
The capital and currency of North Korea is Pyongyang and North Korean Won respectively.
- Who is the Union Minister of Corporate affairs?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Nirmala Sitharaman
3) Raj Nath Singh
4) Amit Shan
5) Harsh Vardhan
Answer-2) Nirmala Sitharaman
Nirmala Sitharaman is the union minister of corporate affairs at present.
- Where is the HQ of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) located?
2) New Delhi
The HQ of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India(IRDAI) located at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Who is the Chairman of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)?
1) Rajiv Verma
2) Amit Mishra
4) Satheesh Reddy
5) Sudhir Mishra
Answer-4) Satheesh Reddy
Satheesh Reddy is the chairman of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Who is the present Chief Minister of Jharkhand?
1) Hemant Soren
2) Mamata Banerjee
3) Jairam Thakur
4) Nitish Kumar
5) Sushil Chandra Modi
Answer-1) Hemant Soren
Hemant Soren is the present Chief Minister of Jharkhand.