AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download
- India flagged off the 40th Indian Scientific Expedition to _______ from the Mormugao Port, Goa on January, 2021.
1) Pacific Ocean
2) Indian Ocean
5) Mariana Trench
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Antarctica
On January 5, 2020, India flagged off the 40th Indian Scientific Expedition to Antarctica (40-ISEA) from the Mormugao Port, Goa by the Ministry of Earth Science. The Expedition will have 43 members and the chartered ice-class vessel MV Vasiliy Golovnin will take the team to Antarctica. On return, the vessel will bring back the members of the 39th Expedition. India has 3 permanent research base stations in Antarctica – Dakshin Gangotri, Maitri, & Bharati. There are two operational research stations in Antarctica named Maitri & Bharati.
- What was released to measure the time in nano second range, by PM Modi on the event of National Metrology Conclave 2021?
1) National Metrology Timeline
2) National Atomic Timescale
3) National Nano Clock
4) International Nano Timeline
5) International Standard Timescale
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) National Atomic Timescale
On January 4, 2020, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually inaugurated the National Metrology Conclave 2021 on the theme ‘Metrology for the Inclusive Growth of the Nation’ and also delivered the inaugural address. PM Modi dedicated ‘Bhartiya Nirdeshak Dravya’ and ‘National Atomic Timescale’ to the nation and also laid the foundation stone of the ‘National Environmental Standards Laboratory. National Atomic Timescale has made, India self-reliant in measuring the time within the range of a nano second. India achieved the accuracy level of 2.8 Nano Second.
- What was the permissible Trans-Fatty Acids (TFA) level in oil & fat set by FSSAI for 2021?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-5) 3%
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) released guidelines to reduce the permissible level of Trans-Fatty Acids (TFA) in oils and fats to 3% for 2021 & 2% by 2022 from the current permissible limit of 5%. The regulation applies to edible refined oils, vanaspati (partially hydrogenated oils), margarine, bakery shortenings & other mediums of cooking like vegetable fat spreads & mixed fat spreads. TFA is associated with increased risk of heart attacks & deaths from coronary heart disease.
- Which Indian Meteorological Observatory was recently conferred with the status of ‘Centennial Observing Station’ by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO), on January 2021?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Patna
Patna Meteorological Observatory has been conferred the status of ‘Centennial Observing Station’ by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO) to recognize its contribution towards long-term meteorological observation exceeding over 100 years. The Patna meteorological observatory was established in 1867 by the British Corps of Engineers. Globally, there are 234 such recognised stations, In India alone, there are 12 recognized stations.
- Where was the 450 Km long Natural Gas Pipleline constructed by GAIL that was recently inaugurated by PM Modi, on December, 2021?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Kochi-Mangaluru
On January 5, 2020, PM Modi virtually inaugurated the 450 Km Long Kochi-Mangaluru Natural Gas Pipeline. The pipeline has been constructed by GAIL (India) Ltd at a cost of INR 3, 000 crores. The pipeline will carry natural gas from Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) regasification terminal at Kochi, Kerala to Mangaluru, Karnataka. The PM cited the inauguration of the pipeline as a step towards Government’s ‘One Nation One Gas Grid’. Government plans to increase the share of natural gas in the energy sector from the present 6% to 15% by 2030.
- Which organisation partnered with Jammu & Kashmir Government to launch health insurance coverage under AB-PMJAY SEHAT scheme?
1) Star Health and Allied Insurance
2) United India Insurance
3) Oriental Insurance Company
4) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
5) ICICI Lombard
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
On December 28, 2020 Bajaj Allianz General Insurance in association with Jammu & Kashmir Government launches health insurance coverage under Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) Social, Endeavour for Health, and Telemedicine(SEHAT). This extended scheme was launched by Prime Minister of India, Mr. Narendra Modi. through video conferencing on December 26, 2020.
- Who will head the high-level group, “South Asia Group for Energy (SAGE)” by the Indian Government for the development of South Asia energy security architecture?
1) Ram Vinay Shahi
2) Anil Sardana
3) Rakesh Nath
4) Preeti Saran
5) Amar Sinha
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-1) Ram Vinay Shahi
On January 5, 2021, the Central Government of India has set up high-level group named “South Asia Group for Energy (SAGE)” headed by Ram Vinay Shahi for the development of South Asia energy security architecture. It has been set up under the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)-run think tank Research and Information System for Developing Countries (RIS).
- Which country is planning to launch World’s 1st wood-based space satellite by 2023 to combat the problem of space junk?
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-4) Japan
Japan’s Sumitomo Forestry company and Kyoto University of Japan is all set to launch the world’s first wood-based space satellite by 2023 to combat the problem of space junk. In this regard, several wooden materials are being tested by the research team to find a suitable one for space missions. According to the European Space Agency (ESA) statistical model, there are more than 130 million pieces of anthropogenic space debris due to human activities.
- Modibo Keita who passed away recently was the former Prime Minister of _____.1) Senegal
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-2) Mali
On January 2, 2021 Modibo Keita, former Prime Minister of Mali passed away at 78. He belongs to Alliance for Democracy in Mali – Pan-African Party for Liberty, Solidarity and Justice(ADEMA-PASJ) political party. He was born on 31 July 1942 Koulikoro, French Sudan (now Mali).
- Which state government announced the ‘Launch Pad Scheme’ to provide employment opportunities for youth coming from child care institutions of the state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
Answer & ExplanationAnswer-3) Madhya Pradesh
The Women & Child Development Department of Madhya Pradesh has rolled out the ‘Launch Pad Scheme’ under which new opportunities of employment will be provided for Boys/Girls who have come out of institutional supervision of the child care institutions of the state and have completed 18 years to make them self-reliant. As part of the scheme, District Administration will provide space for these youth to open coffee shops, stationery, photocopy, computer typing and DTP work.