AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which organisation recently (in Aug’21) signed an MoU with IFFCO’s Nano Biotechnology Research Centre (NBRC) for research collaboration?
1) IISc Bangalore
2) ICAR New Delhi
3) IIT Madras
4) NIT Trichy
5) IIT Delhi
Answer-5) IIT Delhi
Nano Biotechnology Research Centre (NBRC), the research and development unit of the Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has signed an MoU with the IIT – Delhi for “research consultancy, knowledge transfers and collaborative projects”.
- Identify the organisation that partnered (in Aug’21) with RackBank Datacenters for converting India’s 1st Hyper-scale data center as 100% renewable energy powered.
1) ReNew Power
2) Solar Energy Corporation of India
3) Tata Power Solar
4) Azure Power
5) Suzlon Energy
Answer-1) ReNew Power
ReNew Power has signed an MoU with RackBank Datacenters Limited to power India’s 1st hyper-scale Data center with 100% Renewable Energy (RE), it is also set to be India’s 1st Green Data center.
- Which Ministry launched “Garima Grihas” – an organisation to provide safe & secure shelter for Transgender persons?
1) Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
2) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
3) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
4) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
5) Ministry of Cooperation
Answer-4) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment announced its plan to set up “Garima Grihas” for Transgender persons with the help of community-based organizations. Garima Grihas will provide safe and secure shelter to Transgender persons.
- In August 2021, Asian Development Bank provided USD 112 million worth financial assistance for Urban Water Supply Infrastructure Projects in Which state?
1) Madhya Pradesh
Asian Development Bank has sanctioned loans worth USD 112 million to finance Urban Water Supply Infrastructure Projects in 4 towns (Ranchi, Hussainabad, Jhumri Telaiya and Medininagar) of Jharkhand.
Governor – Ramesh Bais
National Park – Betla NP
- In August 2021, _______ became India’s 1st education financing platform to receive licence for Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) from RBI
1) Shiksha Finance
GyanDhan, India’s 1st education financing platform, has received a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
i.As per RBI guidelines, NBFC’s should have a minimum net owned funds of Rs 2 Crore.
- Identify the bank that recently (in Aug’21) signed an MoU with Andhra Pradesh government to finance its ‘Fish Andhra’ scheme
1) Canara Bank
2) Indian Overseas Bank
3) Bank of Baroda
4) Punjab National Bank
5) Axis Bank
Answer-3) Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda (BoB) has signed an MoU with Andhra Pradesh Government to assist & finance the entire 14,000 beneficiaries for setting up Aqua Units under AP Government’s ‘Fish Andhra’ scheme.
About Bank of Baroda:
MD & CEO – Sanjiv Chadha
Headquarters – Vadodara, Gujarat
Founded – 20 July 1908
Tagline – India’s International Bank
- Who was appointed (in Aug’21) as the new Managing Director of Life Insurance Corporation(LIC) of India?
1) Mini Ipe
2) Vipin Anand
3) M R Kumar
4) Siddhartha Mohanty
5) Manjushree Khaitan
Answer-1) Mini Ipe
The government of India has appointed Mini Ipe as the new Managing Director of the Life Insurance Corporation(LIC) of India. She will replace Vipin Anand, who has retired in July 2021.
Chairman– M R Kumar
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
- In August 2021, Sahitya Akademi Awardee – Padma Sachdev passed away. She is a famous poet in which language?
Padma Sachdev, the 1st Modern woman poet of Dogri language and Padma Shri awardee passed away at Mumbai hospital due to health reasons. She had won the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1971 for her anthology of poems – ‘Meri Kavita Mere Geet’.
- Equinox happens twice in a year during 20 March and 23 September. What happens during an Equinox?
1) Sun, Earth & Moon are in Straight Line
2) Sun is exactly above Tropic of Cancer
3) Sun, Moon & Earth are at Right angle
4) Sun is exactly above Tropic of Capricorn
5) Sun is exactly above the Earth’s Equator
Answer-5) Sun is exactly above the Earth’s Equator
An equinox is the instant of time when the plane of Earth’s equator passes through the geometric center of the Sun’s disk, ie; the Sun is exactly above the Earth’s equator. This occurs twice each year, around 20 March and 23 September.
- In August 2021, At least 5 Assam Police personnel were killed in a border dispute between Assam & Mizoram. When did Mizoram become a Union Territory of India?
In August 2021, At least 5 Assam Police personnel were killed in a violent clash that arose due to a border dispute between Assam and Mizoram.
In 1972, Mizoram was carved out from Assam to become an Union Territory. Later in 1987 Mizoram became the 23rd State of Indian Territory.