We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 5 August 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
India’s lightest and Pune’s 1st metro unveiled by Titagarh Wagons in Italy; 1st Goods Train on Haldibari-Chilahati rail link flagged offi.On August 2, 2021, Titagarh Wagons Ltd, a company based out of Titagarh in West Bengal, held a virtual ceremony to display its first train for Pune Metro (Maharashtra) which was manufactured by its subsidiary in Italy (Europe), Titagarh Firema SpA Plant.
ii.It will be India’s first lightest metro trainset as it is being manufactured with Aluminium for the first time in our country.
iii.The first goods train on Haldibari (West Bengal) – Chilahati (Bangladesh) rail link was flagged off carrying construction material (stone chips) after 1965.
iv.It is a 5th rail link between India and Bangladesh.
About Indian Railways:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Chairman of Railway Board – Suneet Sharma
Headquarters – New Delhi
>>Read Full News
TT Exercise held between India’s Tri-Service Forces for the 1st TimeFor the 1st time, a Table-Top (TT) war-gaming exercise was held between India’s 3 Armed Services (Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy). It was held to fine-tune the model of Integrated tri-service theatre commands.
- During the exercise, Scenarios like facing a two-front war from China and Pakistan were war-gamed.
- It also included a frank and freewheeling exchange to evolve best practices on theatrisation.
Creation of Integrated Theatre Commands
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is set to announce the creation of 4 new Integrated theatre commands from the Red Fort on August 15, 2021.
- The 4 New Commands will be West, East, Integrated Maritime Theatre Command (IMTC) and Integrated Air Defence Command (IADC).
- The new commands will be raised and operationalized over a two-year period and will be ready by August 2023.
- At present the Indian Armed Forces has 17 commands (7 commands each of the Army & Air Force, while the Navy has 3 commands).
- There is only 1 Joint Tri-Service Theatre Command of the Indian Armed Force – Andaman and Nicobar Command (ANC), based at Port Blair, Andaman & Nicobar Islands of India.
About Indian Army
Chief of Defence Staff – General Bipin Rawat
Commander-in-Chief of Indian Armed Forces – President of India (Ram Nath Kovind)
NSO Survey: Unemployment Rate Rose to 13.3% in Q2 FY21In August 2021, the National Statistical Office (NSO) released the 8th Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) – Quarterly Bulletin for the Q2 FY21 (July 2020 – September 2020).
- As per the PLFS, the Jobless/Unemployment rate (UR) in urban areas in Current Weekly Status (CWS) increased to 13.3 percent in Q2 FY21 when compared to 8.4 percent in Q2 FY20 (July 2019 – September, 2019).
i.The Periodic Labour Force Survey (PLFS) was launched by NSO in April 2017 to provide estimated quarterly data regarding the labour force.
ii.Indicators of PLFS – Quarterly Bulletin include – Worker population ratio (WPR), Labour Force Participation Rate (LFPR), Unemployment Rate (UR), Distribution of workers by broad status in employment and industry of work in the Current Weekly Status (CWS).
iii.PLFS – Quarterly Bulletin Comparison:
|Q2 FY21||Q2 FY20|
|LFPR (% of the population in the labour force)||
|WPR||32.1 %||33.7 %|
|UR||13.3 %||8.4 %|
- It is the percentage of unemployed persons in the labour force. The estimation of UR in CWS represents the unemployment during the survey period i.e. the reference week in CWS – 7 days.
- As per the CWS approach survey, a person will be considered unemployed if he/she did not work even for 1 hour during the 7 days but sought or was available for work at least for 1 hour during the same period.
v.Labour Force: It is the part of the population that supplies/offer to supply labour for pursuing economic activities for the production of goods and services, it includes both ‘employed’ and ‘unemployed’ persons.
About National Statistical Office (NSO):
i.It is the Statistics Wing of the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation, and has the Central Statistical Office (CSO), the Computer centre, and the National Sample Survey Office (NSSO).
ii.It acts as a nodal agency for development of the statistical system in India. It creates and maintains the norms and standards in the field of statistics.
About Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation:
Minister of State (Independent Charge) – Rao Inderjit Singh (Constituency – Gurgaon, Haryana)
IFFCO’s NBRC Signed MoU with IIT Delhi for Joint Research Nano Biotechnology Research Centre (NBRC), the research and development unit of the Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) – Delhi for “research consultancy, knowledge transfer and collaborative projects”.
Features of the MoU:
i.The collaboration between IFFCO and IIT Delhi will focus on Joint research by sharing laboratories of IIT-Delhi and IFFCO and providing research consultancy.
ii.This collaboration will enable advanced research in the areas of Nanotechnology for futuristic applications.
iii.The engineers and scientists of IFFCO will work with the research faculty and scholars of IIT Delhi to address the agricultural and environmental problems and create innovative solutions.
i.IFFCO’s NDRC has developed the world’s first nano urea liquid at Kalol in Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
ii.The 500 ml of nano urea liquid is supposed to replace one bag of conventional urea.
About Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO):
IFFCO is one of India’s biggest cooperative societies, wholly owned by Indian Cooperatives.
Chairman- Balvinder Singh Nakai
MD & CEO- U S Awasthi
Founded in 1967
ReNew Power signs MOU with RackBank to power India’s 1st Hyper-scale Data Center with 100% REReNew Power has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with RackBank Datacenters Limited to power India’s 1st hyper-scale Data center with 100% Renewable Energy (RE), it is also set to be India’s 1st Green Data center. The MoU is one of India’s largest ‘Open Access’ MoUs.
i.The MoU allows ReNew to build, own, and operate a hybrid power generation facility of up to 500 MW to supply power to RackBank’s data centre.
ii.RackBank would purchase green power generated from the hybrid power generation facility directly from ReNew, through the “Open Access” mechanism.
iii.The MoU also provides for equalizing the non-renewable power consumed by RackBank’s datacenter by purchasing green credits from ReNew Power.
iv.The project will be carried out and managed by ReNew Green Solutions, ReNew Power’s business-to-business arm
RackBank provides data center services like dedicated servers, managed servers and co-location services.
About ReNew Power
CMD – Mr.Sumant Sinha
Headquarters – Gurugram, Haryana
Founder and Director – Mr.Narendra Sen
Headquarters – Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Central Government to setup Garima Grihas for Transgender persons
During a discussion in Parliament, Minister of State (MoS) for Social Justice and Empowerment A. Narayanaswamy stated that Government is planning to set up Garima Grihas for Transgender persons with the help of community-based organizations.
- Garima Grihas will provide safe and secure shelter to Transgender persons.
- 12 Pilot shelter homes have already been initiated.
India joins Community of Portuguese Language Countries as ‘Associate Observer’The13th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Community of Portuguese Language Countries (CPLP) 2021 was held at Luanda, Angola. During the summit, India and 9 countries were approved to join CPLP as ‘Associate Observer’.
- The other 9 countries are Canada, Ivory Coast, Greece, India, Ireland, Peru, Qatar, Romania, Spain and the US.
- 3 Organisations, namely the Ibero-American Conference, the G7+, and the European Organisation for Public Law (OEDP/EPLO) were also approved as ‘Associate Observer’.
- CPLP is also known as Lusophone Countries (Portuguese-speaking countries). Joining the community will help India to strengthen its ties with Portuguese speaking world.
- The CPLP Summit took place on July 17th, coinciding with the date on which CPLP was set up (July 17th, 1996 – marking 25 years).
Community of Portuguese Language Countries (CPLP)
i.It is an international organization made up of 9 countries – Angola, Brazil, Portugal, East Timor, Cape Verde, Sao Tome and Principe, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea-Bissau & Mozambique & 32 Associate observers.
ii.It is a multilateral forum created to deepen cultural, economic, and political cooperation among the Lusophone nations of the world.
About Community of Portuguese Language Countries (CPLP)
General Director – Armindo Brito Fernandes
Headquarters – Lisbon, Portugal
BANKING & FINANCE
RBI Issued Framework for PSOs’ Outsourcing of Payment and Settlement ActivitiesOn August 3, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) issued the framework to the non-bank Payment System Operators’ (PSOs) Outsourcing of Payment and Settlement-related Activities (including onboarding customers, IT-based services, etc) to service providers.
- RBI has restricted the PSO’s from outsourcing Core management functions such as risk management, information technology & information security management, internal audit, and determining compliance with KYC (Know Your Customer) norms.
- The PSO’s are directed to evaluate the need for outsourcing its critical processes and activities, and the selection of service providers based on comprehensive risk assessment.
What is Outsourcing?
It is the use of a third party (i.e. service provider/ outsourced agency) by PSO for a limited period to perform the activities that have to be undertaken by PSO (now/ future).
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Establishment – 1st April 1935
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors – Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, and M Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
>>Read Full News
ADB sanctions USD 112 million for Water Supply Improvement projects in JharkhandAsian Development Bank (ADB) has sanctioned loans worth USD 112 million (INR 831 Crore) to finance Urban Water Supply Infrastructure Projects in 4 towns (Ranchi, Hussainabad, Jhumri Telaiya and Medininagar) of Jharkhand. This is the ADB’s 1st urban sector project in Jharkhand.
- The total cost of the project is USD 160 million, out of which USD 48 million will be funded by the Government of Jharkhand.
- It will support the Jharkhand Vision and Action Plan 2021 to improve the quality of life of its urban residents through better quality urban infrastructure.
- The project is expected to be completed in 2028.
i.The project will establish 940 kms of water distribution network to provide continuous water supply to about 115,000 households. It will also improve the health and hygiene situation in the 4 towns.
ii.The staff of ULBs and other state urban institutions will be trained on design and implementation of urban projects
iii.The project will also cover aspects like response to climate risks, inclusion of gender equality, and institutional development.
About Asian Development Bank (ADB)
Established in 1966
President – Masatsugu Asakawa
Headquarters – Manilla (Philippines)
Governor – Ramesh Bais
National Park (NP) – Betla NP
Wildlife Sanctuaries (WLS) – Dalma WLS, Gautam Budha WLS, Hazaribagh WLS
SEBI allows Payments Banks to act as Investment BankersOn August 3, 2021, Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) allowed payments banks to carry out the activities of investment bankers in order to ease the access for investors to participate in public and rights issues by using various payment avenues.
- Also, Non-scheduled payments banks, which have prior approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI), will be eligible to act as Bankers to an Issue (BTI) with regard to the conditions stipulated in the BTI rules.
i.Payments banks registered as BTI will also be permitted to act as self-certified syndicate banks, subject to the fulfilment of SEBI norms.
ii.The blocking/movement of funds from the investor to issuer will only be made through the savings account of the investor.
In a notification dated July 30, the regulator amended the Bankers to an Issue rules, thereby permitting such other banking companies to carry out the activities of BTI in addition to the scheduled banks.
Points to be noted:
i.Bankers to an issue (BTI): It means a scheduled bank or such other banking company specified by SEBI which carries activities, including acceptance of application money, acceptance of allotment or call money, refund of application money and payment of dividend or interest warrants.
ii.Syndicate: It is a group of banks making a loan jointly to a single borrower.
About Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI):
Chairman– Ajay Tyagi
Headquarter– Mumbai, Maharashtra
ICICI Prudential Life Became 1st Insurance Company in India to Integrate NPCI’s UPI AutoPayICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd has partnered with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and integrated NPCI’s UPI (Unified Payment Interface) AutoPay platform into its system to enable its customers to make instant automated recurring premium payments of insurance policies.
- Through this, it became the 1st life insurance company in India to provide a UPI AutoPay facility to its customers.
- While purchasing the insurance policy, the customers could link their bank account with UPI AutoPay and activate the e-mandate (recurring payments) through their mobile phone.
- The customers could also enable the UPI AUTOPAY feature on UPI apps such as Paytm, BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money), and Indusind Bank App. The facility could also be enabled for ICICI Bank and other leading banks (that are live on UPI AUTOPAY) through an e-mandate.
About UPI AutoPay:
It was launched by NPCI in July 2020 under UPI 2.0 to enable recurring e-mandate using any UPI application for recurring payments such as mobile bills, electricity bills, EMI payments, entertainment/OTT subscriptions, insurance, mutual funds among others.
About ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Ltd:
It is promoted by ICICI Bank Limited and Prudential Corporation Holdings Limited.
Establishment – 2001
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – N. S. Kannan
GyanDhan Received NBFC Licence; Plans to Disburse Rs 650 crore in FY22GyanDhan, India’s 1st education financing platform, has received a Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC) license from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- It plans to disburse Rs 650 crore worth of education loans in FY22, in which it has Rs 50 crore for domestic short-term courses offered by various ed-tech players and coaching institutes.
- As per Section 45-IA of the RBI Act, an NBFC need to get a registration certificate/licence from RBI to carry on the business. It should have a minimum net owned funds of Rs 2 Crore.
Headquarters – New Delhi
CEO – Ankit Mehra
>>Read Full News
Bank of Baroda signs MoU with Andhra Pradesh to Finance ‘Fish Andhra Scheme’
Bank of Baroda (BoB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Andhra Pradesh (AP) Government to assist & finance the entire 14,000 beneficiaries for setting up Aqua Units under AP Government’s ‘Fish Andhra’ scheme.
‘Fish Andhra’ Scheme
AP stands 1st in the country in the fisheries sector both in terms of production and total value of aqua, it contributes 8.67 % of State’s GDP.
i.Inspite of having high production, the per capita consumption of fish products is low in AP.
ii.In order to address this, AP Government has designed a novel scheme called “Fish Andhra”. The scheme is in line with Pradhan Mantri Mathsya Sampadha Yojana (PMMSY), a scheme of central government.
- Under the project, 100 aqua hubs would be set up and around 14,000 outlets of different sizes and nature would be set up across AP.
- Each aqua hub constitutes 140 beneficiaries and the project cost is Rs 5.50 crore.
- The funding pattern of the aqua hub is 15% beneficiary contribution, 40 per cent government aid and 45% bank loan.
About Andhra Pradesh
Governor – Biswabhushan Harichandran
National Parks (NP) – Kasu Brahmananda Reddy, Mahaveer Harina Vanasthal
Wildlife Sanctuary (WLS) – Coringa, Eturnagaram
About Bank of Baroda (BoB)
Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank were merged with BoB
MD & CEO – Sanjiv Chadha
Headquarters – Vadodara, Gujarat
Founded – 20 July 1908 by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III of Baroda
Tagline – India’s International Bank
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Sai Life Sciences bags Golden Peacock National Training Award 2021The Sai Life Sciences Ltd located in Hyderabad, Telangana conferred with Golden Peacock National Training Award 2021 in the pharmaceutical category. This is the second consecutive Golden Peacock Award for the company following the Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2020.
- It is one of India’s fastest growing Contract Research, Development & Manufacturing Organizations (CRDMOs).
i.Earlier this year the company won two awards at the US (United States)-based Association for Talent Development- Excellence in Practice (ATD-EIP) awards 2021 in categories of ‘Learning Technologies’ and ‘Change Management’.
iii.The company is also an awardee of the 21st National Award for Excellence in Energy Management 2020 by CII (Confederation of Indian Industry)- Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre, and a 5-Star rating for Excellence in EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) at the CII South awards 2019.
ii.The company has provided training for 100 unique roles across the organization covering quality, technical, safety, soft skills and more.
iv.Over the past three years, the company has invested US$100M to expand and upgrade its R&D (research and development), manufacturing facilities and also raised the bar for safety, quality and customer focus.
About Golden Peacock Awards:
These are the annual awards for corporate excellence in India organized under the aegis of the Institute of Directors, India.
- For 2021, a grand jury of the awards was chaired by Justice Manepalli Narayana Rao Venkatachaliah, former Chief Justice of India and former Chairman, National Human Rights Commission of India and National Commission for Constitution of India Reforms.
Economist Jagdish Bhagwati, C Rangarajan Awarded with C.R. Rao Gold Medal AwardThe Indian Econometric Society (TIES) Trust has awarded the Economists Jagdish Bhagwati and C Rangarajan with the Prof. C.R. Rao Centenary Gold Medal (CGM) award.
About the Awardees:
i.Jagdish Bhagwati – He is the University Professor of Economics, Law, and International Relations at Columbia University and Director of the Raj Center on Indian Economic Policies.
- He received Padma Vibhushan Award in 2000 and Lifetime Achievement Award by the Indian Chamber of Commerce in 2004.
ii.C. Rangarajan – He is the former chairman of the Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister, and former Governor of the Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
About the Award:
i.It is the award presented once in two years by TIES to an Indian or Indian-origin scholar for their lifetime contributions to the fields of theoretical and applied aspects of quantitative economics and official statistics.
ii.The award consists of a gold medal and citation. C R Rao is an Indian-American mathematician and statistician and he received Padma Vibhushan in 2001.
About The Indian Econometric Society (TIES):
It is a registered society under Public Societies Registration Act
Establishment – 1960
Chairman – V R Panchamukhi
Indian Origin Entrepreneur Ajay Dilawri Awarded with Order of British Columbia in CanadaAjay Dilawri, the Indian-origin entrepreneur, was honoured with Canada‘s highest prestigious Order of British Columbia award.
- Ajay Dilawri was one of the 16 recipients of the Order of British Columbia award.
- Dilawri Group – the largest automotive group in Canada was founded by Ajay along with his brothers Kap and Tony.
- The Dilawri Foundation has contributed to Canadian society; donated tens of millions of dollars to help charitable causes in health care, mental health, autism, education, and public safety.
About Order of British Columbia award:
It represents the highest form of recognition the Province can extend to its citizens. It recognizes the persons with the greatest distinction and excelled in any field of endeavour benefiting the people of British Columbia and beyond.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Mini Ipe Appointed as the Managing Director of LICThe government of India has appointed Mini Ipe as the new Managing Director of the Life Insurance Corporation(LIC) of India. She has been serving as the Executive Director, Legal Department, LIC of India.
- She has taken charge as the MD of the LIC of India succeeding Vipin Anand, who has retired in July 2021.
About Mini Ipe:
i.Mini Ipe was the first woman zonal manager of LIC, she headed the Hyderabad zone.
ii.She has also served as the Executive Director, International Operations, and the Director & CEO of LICHFL Financial Services Ltd.
At present, including Mini Ipe, LIC has 4 Managing Directors. Other MD’s of LIC of India are Mukesh Kumar Gupta; Raj Kumar; Siddhartha Mohanty
About LIC of India:
Chairman– M R Kumar
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Pakistan’s Rizwan breaks World Record for most runs scored in T20I in a year
Pakistan’s Wicketkeeper-Batsman Mohammad Rizwan has set a new World Record for most runs scored in a calendar year in Twenty20 (T20) International cricket. He has scored 752 runs in 2021 (14 innings of 15 matches).
- He has surpassed Ireland’s Paul Stirling, who aggregated 748 runs in 20 innings of 20 matches at an average of 41.55 in 2019.
Padma Shri awardee and Renowned Dogri writer Padma Sachdev Passed awayPadma Sachdev (81), the 1st Modern woman poet of Dogri language and Padma Shri awardee passed away at Mumbai hospital due to health reasons. She had won the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1971 for her anthology of poems – ‘Meri Kavita Mere Geet’.
i.Born in Purmandal, Jammu in 1940, Sachdev played a vital role in including Dogri language to the Eighth schedule of Indian constitution.
ii.She has authored many books in Dogri and Hindi.
- She received Padma Shri, India’s 4th-highest civilian award, in 2001 for her contributions to Hindi and Dogri.
- Kabir Samman for poetry for 2007-08 awarded by the government of Madhya Pradesh,
- Saraswati samman, 2015 for Chitt-Chete her autobiography in Dogri language,
- Dinu Bhai Pant LifeTime Achievement Award, 2017 and others.
Schedule 8 of Indian Constitution deals with Languages recognized by the Indian Constitution, at present there are 22 Languages.
Centenarian Sprinter Man Kaur ‘Miracle from Chandigarh’ Passes Away
Centenarian sprinter and World Masters Games Medalist Man Kaur, who is referred as ‘Miracle from Chandigarh’, has passed away in Patiala, Punjab. She was born on 1st March 1916. Man Kaur hailing from Patiala, Punjab, started her athletics career at the age of 93.
- She has won gold at various Masters Athletics championships including the 2012 Asian Championship,2013 Canadian championship and 2016 American championship.
- She won 4 gold medals (60m dash race, 200m sprint, short put and Javelin throw) in the 2019 World Master Athletics Championship held in Torun, Poland.
- She became the world’s fastest Centenarian at 2016 American Masters games held in Vancouver.
She was honoured with the highest civilian honour for women “Nari Shakti Puraskar Award” in 2019.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Renowned Novelist Kunal Basu’s Authors New Book “In An Ideal World” Renowned bilingual novelist (English & Bengali), Kunal Basu, from Kolkata, has authored a new book titled “In An Ideal World”. The book is set to be released by Viking, an imprint of Penguin Random House India in 2022.
The novel features a story that explores a range of themes such as family, college politics and fanaticism.
About the book:
The story is based on the mysterious disappearance of a liberal party member of a college in Manhar and the attempt of the suspect’s parents to uncover the mystery and absolve their son.
About Kunal Basu:
i.Kunal is the only bilingual (English & Bengali) author after Bankimchandra Chatterjee.
ii.His well-known novels include The Opium Clerk; The Miniaturist; Racists; The Yellow Emperor’s Cure; and Sarojini’s Mother.
iii.His collection of short story ‘The Japanese Wife’ (2008) was adapted into a film on the same title, directed by filmmaker Aparna Sen.
National Bone & Joint Day 2021 – August 4The National Bone and Joints Day is annually observed across India on 4th August as a reminder to reexamine and recognise the contribution of orthopaedics to achieve improved bone health.
The annual National Bone and Joints day is organised by the Indian Orthopedic Association(IOA), which consist of more than 800 active members.
The theme of National bone and Joint Day 2021 is “Save Self and Save one”.
i.In 2012, the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) has decided to observe 4th August of every year as the National Bones and Joints Day focus on the issues related to bones and joints.
ii.The decision was made following the request of the Indian Orthopedic Association(IOA).
iii.The first “National Bone and Joint Day” was celebrated on 4th August 2012.
Why August 4?
The day marks the signing of the IOA charter on 4th August 1971.
Bone and Joint Week August 1 to 7:
Since 2012, IOA has been organising a week-long awareness campaign starting from 1st August to 7th August, to coincide with the National Bone and Joints Day (August 4).
About Indian Orthopedic Association(IOA):
President– Dr B. Shivashankar
Headquarters– New Delhi
Founded in 1955
Arvind Kejriwal Launches ‘[email protected]’ to make Delhi a Global City by 2047Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal launched the ‘[email protected]’ initiative to facilitate partnership with the private sector, CSR initiatives (Corporate Social Responsibility) and philanthropic Organisation to make Delhi a global city by 2047.
- The vision document has set an aim to take Delhi’s per capita income to Singapore’s level (which means it has to increase the per capita income 16-fold).
- It also states that Delhi will bid to host the 2048 Olympics.
i.Under the initiative, [email protected] platform will be created which will be hosted by Dialogue and Development Commission (DDC), the policy think-tank of Delhi Government.
- Using the platform, ideas will be sought from various organizations working in different fields and expertise to transform Delhi into a Liveable city.
ii.The [email protected] initiative will begin by focusing on 3 projects –
- “Khelo Dilli” – To build world-class playgrounds in government schools
- “City of Lakes” – 1,000 water bodies will be rejuvenated
- Bridging the digital divide in schools.
Governor – Anil Baijal
Wildlife Sanctuary – Asola-Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary
Dam – Delhi Dam (also known as Hartwick Dam)
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 5 August 2021|
|1||India’s lightest and Pune’s 1st metro unveiled by Titagarh Wagons in Italy; 1st Goods Train on Haldibari-Chilahati rail link flagged off|
|2||TT Exercise held between India’s Tri-Service Forces for the 1st Time|
|3||NSO PLFS Survey: Unemployment Rate Rose to 13.3% in Q2 FY21|
|4||IFFCO’s NBRC Signed MoU with IIT Delhi for Joint Research|
|5||ReNew Power signs pact with RackBank to power its data centre with 100 pc renewable energy:country’s first hyper-scale data centre|
|6||Center to set up Garima Grihas for transgender persons to provide safe shelter|
|7||India joins Community of Portuguese Language Countries as ‘Associate Observer’|
|8||RBI Issued Framework for PSOs’ Outsourcing of Payment and Settlement Activities|
|9||ADB to finance water supply project in Jharkhand with Rs 831cr loan|
|10||SEBI allows Payments Banks to act as Investment Bankers|
|11||ICICI Prudential Life Became 1st Insurance Company in India to Integrate NPCI’s UPI AutoPay|
|12||GyanDhan receives NBFC licence, aims to disburse Rs 650 crore in FY22|
|13||Bank of Baroda inks MoU with Andhra Pradesh|
|14||Sai Life Sciences bags Golden Peacock National Training Award 2021|
|15||Jagdish Bhagwati, C Rangarajan conferred with inaugural Prof CR Rao Centenary Gold Medal|
|16||Indian-origin entrepreneur Ajay Dilwari honoured with Order of British Columbia in Canada|
|17||Mini Ipe Appointed as the Managing Director of LIC|
|18||Pakistan’s Rizwan breaks World Record for most runs scored in T20I in a year|
|19||Padma Shri awardee and eminent Dogri poet Padma Sachdev passes away|
|20||Centenarian Sprinter Man Kaur ‘Miracle from Chandigarh’ Passes Away|
|21||Renowned Novelist Kunal Basu’s Authors New Book “In An Ideal World”|
|22||National Bone & Joint Day 2021 – August 4|
|23||Arvind Kejriwal Launches ‘[email protected]’ to make Delhi a Global City by 2047|