AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where did the Finance Minister virtually inaugurated India’s 1st 3D printed house?
1) IIT Bombay
2) IIT Roorkee
3) IIT Hyderabad
4) IIT Delhi
5) IIT MadrasAnswer-5) IIT Madras
Union Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman virtually inaugurated India’s 1st 3D printed house at the IIT Madras, Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The single-storey home was built in just 5 days over an area of about 600 sq. ft using ‘Concrete 3D Printing”
- In May 2021, __________________ received the Order of the Rising Sun award the 3rd highest award of __________ under the class Gold & Silver Rays.
1) Shyamala Ganesh, Japan
2) Shyamala Ganesh, South Korea
3) Shyamala Ganesh, China
4) S.P. Chenthil Kumar, South Korea
5) S.P. Chenthil Kumar, JapanAnswer-1) Shyamala Ganesh, Japan
Shyamala Ganesh, former director of the Japanese Language School, received the 3rd highest order decoration of Japan, Order of the Rising Sun, under the class Gold and Silver Rays from the Consulate-General of Japan in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
Capital – Tokyo
Currency – Japanese yen
Prime Minister – Yoshihide Suga
- Who was recently (in May’21) appointed as the 4th Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India?
1) RS Ratho
2) Rohit Jain
3) T Rabi Sankar
4) R Subramanian
5) Anil Kumar SharmaAnswer-3) T Rabi Sankar
The Appointment Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) chaired by PM Narendra Modi appointed T Rabi Sankar, the Executive Director of Reserve Bank of India(RBI) as the 4th Deputy Governor of RBI for a period of 3 years or till his date of superannuation. He succeeds B P Kanungo, who retired on 2nd April 2021.
- In May 2021, Former Supreme Court Judge Prafulla Chandra Pant was appointed as the Acting Chairperson of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC).
Identify the points that are correctly related to NHRC:
A) NHRC was established in 1993 as a Constitutional Body
B) NHRC Chairperson should be Chief Justice of India or a Judge of the Supreme Court
C) Tenure of Chairperson of NHRC is 5 years or 70 years, whichever is earlier
1) Only B
2) All A, B & C
3) Only C
4) Only B & C
5) Only A & CAnswer-4) Only B & C
Justice Prafulla Chandra Pant (PC Pant), a Former Supreme Court Judge had been appointed as Acting Chairperson of National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) with effect from April 25, 2021.
i.NHRC is a Statutory (Non-Constitutional) body which was established on 12 October, 1993.
ii.NHRC Chairperson should be Chief Justice of India or a Judge of the Supreme Court.
iii.NHRC Chairperson is appointed by the President of India, with the term of office as 5-years or till the age of 70 years, whichever is earlier.
- In May 2021, Motilal Oswal Private Equity (MOPE) acquired minority shares worth $25 million in which Small Finance Bank (SFB)?
1) Utkarsh SFB
2) Capital SFB
3) Jana SFB
4) Fincare SFB
5) AU SFBAnswer-4) Fincare SFB
On May 03, 2021, Motilal Oswal Private Equity (MOPE) acquired a minority stake in Fincare Small Finance Bank (Fincare SFB) for $25 million (about ₹185 crores) through a secondary acquisition.
About Fincare SFB:
Establishment – 2017
Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka
MD & CEO– Rajeev Yadav
- In May 2021, Mercedes driver ___________ won the Portuguese Grand Prix 2021, while Ducati driver _____________ won the 2021 Spanish Grand Prix.
1) Lewis Hamilton; Jack Miller
2) Max Verstappen; Jack Miller
3) Lewis Hamilton; Francesco Bagnaia
4) Valtteri Bottas; Jack Miller
5) Valtteri Bottas; Francesco BagnaiaAnswer-1) Lewis Hamilton; Jack Miller
Mercedes’ driver Lewis Hamilton (Britain) won the Portuguese Grand Prix 2021 of Formula One (F1) held at Algarve International Circuit in Portimao, Portugal. It is Hamilton’s 97th Career Victory.
Red Bull Racing Honda’s Max Verstappen (Netherlands) finished 2nd followed by Mercedes driver Valtteri Bottas (Finland).
While, Australia’s Jack Miller (Ducati) won the 2021 Spanish GP held at Circuito de Jerez, Andalusia, Spain.
- Cricket all-rounder Thisara Perera retired from International Cricket in May 2021. Which country did he represent?
3) Sri Lanka
5) MalaysiaAnswer-3) Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka all-rounder and former limited overs captain for Sri Lanka – Thisara Perera announced his retirement from International Cricket at the age of 32.
He is one of the 3 players (other than Brett Lee & Lasith Malinga) to have taken hat-tricks in both ODI & T20I formats.
- The United Nations annually observed the World Press Freedom Day to highlight the importance of Freedom of Press.
Identify the points that are correctly related to the World Press Freedom Day:
A) World Press Freedom Day is annually observed on May 3rd
B) Theme for 2021 – “Information as a Public Good”
C) Maria Ressa from Philippines won the Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2021
1) Only B
2) All A, B & C
3) Only C
4) Only B & C
5) Only A & CAnswer-2) All A, B & C
The United Nations(UN)’s World Press Freedom Day is annually observed across the globe on 3rd May. The day is dedicated to the freedom of the press and highlights the need for the government and people to respect their commitment to press freedom.
i.The theme of World Press Freedom Day 2021 is “Information as a Public Good”.
ii.Maria Ressa, Investigative journalist and media executive from the Philippines has been named the winner of the UNESCO/Guillermo Cano World Press Freedom Prize 2021.
- Which state govt. launched the scheme ‘Parvat Dhara Yojana’ to rejuvenate natural water resources at an outlay of Rs. 20 crores?
3) Himachal Pradesh
4) Arunachal Pradesh
5) SikkimAnswer-3) Himachal Pradesh
The State Government of Himachal Pradesh initiated ‘Parvat Dhara Yojana’ to revive, recharge aquifers (underground layer which contains water) and conserve natural resources of water in the state. An outlay of INR 20 Crore has been set aside for implementation of the scheme.
- Match the following countries with their respective Highest Civilian Award:
i. Russia a. Presidential Medal of Freedom
ii. USA b. The Order of Zayed
iii. UK c. Order of St Andrew the Apostle
iv. UAE d. Order of Merit
1) i-d, ii-b, iii-a, iv-c
2) i-c, ii-b, iii-d, iv-a
3) i-b, ii-a, iii-c, iv-d
4) i-c, ii-a, iii-d, iv-b
5) i-d, ii-b, iii-c, iv-aAnswer-4) i-c, ii-a, iii-d, iv-b
Country Highest Civilian Award Russia Order of St Andrew the Apostle USA Presidential Medal of Freedom UK Order of Merit UAE The Order of Zayed