AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where was India’s 1st Centre for Wetland Conservation and Management (CWCM) recently (in Feb 2021), got established by MoEFCC?
1) Nagpur, Maharashtra
3) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
4) Kochi, Kerala
5) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer-5) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Minister of State for Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC), Babul Supriyo announced the establishment of India’s 1st Centre for Wetland Conservation and Management (CWCM) at Chennai, Tamil Nadu. It is being set up as part of the National Centre for Sustainable Coastal Management (NCSCM) Institute, a research institute under MoEFCC. It was launched on occasion of the World Wetland Day observed on February 2, 2020.
- Where was Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) 2nd Exclusive LCA-Tejas Fighter Jets Production Plant recently (in Feb 2021), inaugurated?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Bangalore, Karnataka
3) Amritsar, Punjab
4) Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
5) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Answer-2) Bangalore, Karnataka
On February 2, 2021, Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s (HAL) 2nd Exclusive Light Combat Aircraft (LCA)-Tejas Fighter Jets Production Plant at Doddanekundi, Bangalore, Karnataka. The Plant will double HAL’s production capacity of LCA Tejas to 16 LCA Tejas Aircrafts a year from 2022-23 (at present it is 8). The Light Combat Aircraft Tejas, indigenously designed by Aircraft Development Agency (ADA) under the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Which organisation is responsible for the operation & maintenance of Punjab’s First ‘Central Water Treatment Plant’ set up at Village Daudhar of Moga district for 10 years?
2) Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
3) Tata Projects
4) Punjab Water Resources Management and Development Corporation
5) Department of Soil & Water Conservation, Punjab
Answer-2) Larsen & Toubro (L&T)
On 3rd February 2021, Punjab’s First ‘Central Water Treatment Plant’ set up at Village Daudhar of Moga, Punjab began to supply Clean Drinking Water to 85 Villages of Moga district. This plant was built with a financial assistance worth INR 232 Crores from World Bank. The plant is capable of purifying 50 MLD of water from Abohar Canal Branch. The Project was developed by Larsen & Toubro (L&T), which will be responsible for operation & maintenance of the project for the next 10 years.
- Recently (in Feb 2021), Sri Lankan government scraped its 2019 Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) that provided operating rites of East Cost Terminal (ECT). Which Country/ Countries signed the MoC with Sri Lanka?
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer-4) Both 1 & 2
Recently (in Feb 2021), Sri Lankan government scraped its 2019 Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) that provided operating rites of East Cost Terminal (ECT).
- Which state government recently (in Feb 2021), launched 2 schemes: Intellectual Property Rights Scheme and Quality Testing & Certification Scheme to provide financial assistance to startups for filing IT patents?
On 2nd February 2021, Uddhav Thackeray, Chief Minister of Maharashtra launched Intellectual Property Rights Scheme and Quality Testing & Certification Scheme to provide financial support to the innovative startups to file for IT patents. Both the schemes will be implemented by the Maharashtra State Innovation Society (MSInS) under the Department of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of Maharashtra.
- Which bank’s IT infrastructure will be audited by a special audit team (as of Feb 2021), constituting of professionals from external IT firms, appointed by RBI?
1) State Bank of India
2) Punjab National Bank
3) Indian Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-4) HDFC Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has appointed an external professional IT firm to carry out a special audit of the entire IT infrastructure of HDFC bank under Section 30 (1-B) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949. The audit will be conducted at the cost of the bank under Section 30 (1-C) of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949. The name of the IT firm was not disclosed. This appointment is part of RBI’s check to examine whether the bank has improved its digital capabilities following recent issues.
- Recently (in Feb 2021), SEBI revised the objective and eligibility criteria of innovation sandbox. As per the revised guidelines, an applicant can move from Stage-I to Stage-II only after a minimum of ____________.
1) 45 days
2) 50 days
3) 100 days
4) 120 days
5) 60 days
Answer-5) 60 days
On February 3, 2021 The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) revised the objective and eligibility criteria of innovation sandbox. It eases access to an environment (testing facilities and test data) that is provided by Enabling Organizations like StockExchanges,Depositories andQualified Registrar and ShareTransferAgents(QRTAs). The testing environment enables the applicants to do offline testing of their applications.
Eligibility Criteria – An applicant if completed a minimum 60 days in the Stage-I of Innovation Sandbox testing will be eligible to enter into stage 2 of the testing.
- Federal Bank Ltd launched ‘FedFirst’, a special savings account. Who will be benefitted through this initiative?
1) Front line workers
4) CRPF personnel
5) Indian Army
On February 3, 2021 Federal Bank Ltd launched FedFirst, a special savings account for children up to age of 18 years (both Resident and Non Resident Indians-NRIs). The account is designed to help children learn about the importance of money management. FedFirst contactless Debit Card is given to this account holder. The daily cash withdrawal limit at Automated Teller Machines (ATMs) is Rs 2,500. The daily shopping limit at Point of Sale-PoS / E-com is Rs. 10,000.
- Who became the New CEO of Amazon after its founder Jeff Bezos stepped down in February 2021?
1) Tom Alberg
2) Werner Vogels
3) Andy Jassy
4) MacKenzie Scott
5) Elon Musk
Answer-3) Andy Jassy
On 2nd February 2021, Jeff Bezos, the Founder and CEO of Amazon, will step down as the CEO of Amazon in the third quarter October 2021 and Andy Jassy, the lead of Amazon Web Services(AWS), the cloud computing unit of Amazon will take over as the New CEO. Jeff Bezos will be taking up the role of executive chair of the Amazon’s Board of Directors. He also stated that he would be focusing on the new products, early initiatives and Philanthropic giving through like Day 1 Fund and the Bezos Earth Fund; Blue Origin, his secretive space venture.
- Which was named as the Hindi Word of the Year 2020 by Oxford Languages?
4) Nari Shakti
The Oxford Languages has named “Aatmanirbharta or Self-Reliance” as the Hindi Word of the year 2020 since it validated the day-to-day achievements of the countless Indians who dealt with and survived the perils of a pandemic. The major success of the Aatmanirbhar Bharat campaign is the large-scale production of the COVID-19 vaccine in India.