AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 December 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which Organisation created a New Laboratory named ‘Defence Geo Informatics Research Establishment’ for focused research on terrain and avalanches along the borders with China and Pakistan by merging its 2 labs – Manali based Centre for Snow and Avalanche Studies Establishment (SASE) & Delhi based Defence Terrain Research Laboratory (DTRL)?
4) NITI Aayog
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) created a New Laboratory named ‘Defence Geo Informatics Research Establishment’ for focused research on terrain and avalanches along the borders with China and Pakistan by merging 2 DRDO labs – Manali based Centre for Snow and Avalanche Studies Establishment (SASE) & Delhi based Defence Terrain Research Laboratory (DTRL). The objective of the merger is to make the organisation lean and result-oriented. It will help in bringing together the capabilities & resources of two labs to work under the same mission.
- Which State Government’s tourism department organized the 9th edition of International Sand Art festival at Chandrabhaga Beach and parallely the 31st edition of Konark dance festival following the COVID-19 protocols?
5) Andhra Pradesh
From 01-05 December, 2020 Odisha government’s tourism department has organised the 9th edition of International Sand Art festival at Chandrabhaga Beach in Odisha’s Puri district and parallely the 31st edition of Konark dance festival following the COVID-19 protocols. Theme of 2020 event was “environment” and “COVID-19”. India’s renowned sand artist and Padma Shri Awardee, Sudarsan Pattnaik, is the Chief Curator of the event. 70 artists from across India, have participated to showcase their talent. Considering COVID-19, this year saw no participation from the international artists.
- Who will lead the Task Force constituted by Union Minister of Education, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ for preparing a blueprint on imparting Technical Education in Mother Tongue?
1) Ramesh Pokhariyal ‘Nishank’
2) Narendra Modi
3) Krishna Kumari
4) Amit Khare
5) Sanjay Dhotre
Answer-4) Amit Khare
Union Minister of Education, Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ constituted a Task Force for preparing a blueprint on imparting Technical Education in Mother Tongue. The Task Force will be headed by Secretary of Higher Education (Amit Khare).
The Task Force will submit a report in 1 month based on suggestions made by various stakeholders.
- Which State is all set to establish its 6th National park, the “Raimona National Park” in the Ripu Reserved Forest?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) West Bengal
The Assam government has proposed to establish its 6th National park, the “Raimona National Park” in the Ripu Reserved Forest of the state which was severely damaged due to militancy. The proposal to upgrade an area of 422 square kilometer notified Ripu Reserve forest under Manas National Park and Tiger Reserve into Raimona National Park has been submitted to Jagadish Mukhi, the governor of Assam.
- Shri Narendra Singh Tomar (Union Minister for Food Processing Industries) virtually inaugurated a Mega Food Park (MFP) in which state (November 2020)?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Tamil Nadu
Union Minister for Food Processing Industries, Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj virtually inaugurated Mega Food Park (MFP) at Phagwara in Kapurthala district of Punjab. This Mega Food Park is built at a project cost of Rs 107.83 crores and spread over 55 acres of land. It is expected to benefit about 25000 farmers and likely to generate employment of about 5000 persons.
- The Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority will be renamed to Saudi Central Bank under a new law approved by Saudi Arabia’s King. Who is the king of Saudi Arabia?
1) Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan
2) Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud
3) Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
4) Sheikh Sultan bin Mohamed Al-Qasimi
5) Nayef bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Answer-2) Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud
The Saudi Arabian Monetary Authority will be renamed to Saudi Central Bank under a new law approved by Saudi Arabia’s King Salman bin Abdulaziz al-Saud. The new law identifies the central bank’s objectives that include maintaining monetary stability, promoting financial sector stability and supporting economic growth, with direct reporting to the King of Saudi Arabia. The Saudi Central Bank will continue to use the acronym “SAMA” due to its historic significance and relevance locally and globally.
- The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has completed private placement of what per cent of its equity shares worth Rs 81.64 crores?
The National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) has completed private placement of 4.63% of its equity shares worth Rs 81.64 crores. This placement has enabled small finance and payment banks, as well as fintechs to be its shareholders up to 0.44%. With this placement, now the total shareholder entities for NPCI stand at 67.
- Paytm has partnered with which Small Finance Bank, to offer collateral-free instant digital loans to MSMEs (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) on December 2, 2020?
1) AU Small Finance Bank (SFB)
2) Ujjivan Small Finance Bank (SFB)
3) Equitas Small Finance Bank (SFB)
4) Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SFB)
5) Utkarsh Small Finance Bank (SFB)
Answer-4) Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SFB)
On December 2, 2020 Paytm partnered with Suryoday Small Finance Bank (SFB) Ltd to offer collateral-free instant digital loans to MSMEs(Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises). This will empower the MSMEs. This is the 1st the first lending partnership for Paytm with a small finance bank to help merchants to avail loans seamlessly. Paytm and Suryoday SFB aims to disburse loans to more than 1 lakh small businesses in the next 12 to 18 months, through this partnership.
- NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) has signed a MoU with SBI (State Bank of India) On December 2, 2020 to take up joint intervention projects in which State?
On December 2, 2020 NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development), Karnataka Regional Office Bengaluru, Karnataka has signed MoU(Memorandum of Understanding) with SBI(State Bank of India), LHO, Bengaluru. The two institutions are to take up joint intervention projects in the State. NABARD through this MoU, aims to provide grant support, concessional refinance and undertake capacity building of the stakeholders of various livelihood interventions that is promoted by NABARD.
- International Financial Services Centre Authority (IFSCA) obtained membership of International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS). Where is the headquarters of IFSCA?
1) Ahmedabad, Gujarat
2) Mumbai, Maharashtra
3) Pune, Maharashtra
4) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
5) New Delhi
Answer-4) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
On Dec 2, 2020, International Financial Services Centre Authority (IFSCA) obtained membership of International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS). Now, IFSCA can access IAIS’s global network and would be able to exchange ideas and information relating to insurance with other global regulators. This membership will aid in developing a global Insurance hub in International Financial Services Centre (IFSC), from current 17 entities, at Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT). Injeti Srinivas was appointed as the first chairman of IFSCA.
Headquarter– Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- Razorpay and _________ partnered to enable Indian MSMEs (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) and Freelancers to seamlessly accept international payments.
Razorpay and PayPal partnered to enable Indian MSMEs (Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) and Freelancers to seamlessly accept international payments. This removes the need to write a single line of code.
- Finin Becomes India’s 1st full-fledged Consumer Neobank in Partnership with which Bank? (The Bank also launched Hyper-personalised SmartBanking platform in partnership with Finin).
1) DBS Bank India
2) SBM Bank (India) Limited (SBM Bank India)
3) HSBC India
4) Citi Bank
5) Standard Chartered Bank
Answer-2) SBM Bank (India) Limited (SBM Bank India)
Finin launched itself as a ‘neobank’, in partnership with SBM Bank (India) Limited (SBM Bank India). It is India’s 1st full-fledged consumer neobank. SBM Bank India has launched Hyper-personalised SmartBanking platform in partnership with Finin. The platform helps the users to manage, save and invest their money in a smarter, secured and simpler way.
- Which Bank/Insurance Company launched the upgraded Mobile application – USGI PULZ to enhance its service delivery?
1) Indian Bank
2) Indian Overseas Bank
3) Karnataka Bank
4) HDFC General Insurance
5) Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
Answer-5) Universal Sompo General Insurance Company
On 1st December 2020, the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited, a non-life insurance company launched the upgraded Mobile application – USGI PULZ to enhance service delivery. The Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture of Indian Bank, Indian Overseas Bank, Karnataka Bank Ltd, Dabur Investment Corporation and Sompo Japan Insurance Inc, a leading general insurer from Japan.
- Which Insurance Company in association with Ketto India, has initiated ‘PromisewalaDabba’, a nationwide crowdfunding campaign?
1) ICICI Prudential life Insurance
2) HDFC Life Insurance
4) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
5) Bharti Axa Life Insurance
Answer- 2) HDFC Life Insurance
HDFC Life in association with Ketto India has initiated ‘PromisewalaDabba’, a nationwide crowdfunding campaign. This is to support the Dabbawalas of Mumbai, who have been affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the lockdown. As part of the campaign, a PromisewalaDabba will be delivered that includes essential supplies such as staple food ingredients, spices and accompaniments, sanitizers and toiletries to their homes.
- Who (first Dronacharya Awardee from the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir) has been appointed as the Ambassador of Fit India movement?
1) Jude Felix Sebastian (Hockey)
2) Yogesh Malviya (Mallakhamb)
3) Jaspal Rana (Shooting)
4) Kuldeep Handoo (Wushu)
5) Gaurav Khanna (Para Badminton)
Answer-4) Kuldeep Handoo (Wushu)
Srinagar born Wushu coach and the first Dronacharya Awardee from the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, Kuldeep Handoo is appointed as the Ambassador of Fit India movement.
- What was the theme for the 6th BRICS Youth Summit 2020 opening ceremony held in Ulyanovsk, Russia?
1) Radical Economic Transformation
2) BRICS: Challenges of the Time for young People
3) Socio emotional skill- importance of soft skill
4) Youth as bridge for Intra-BRICS Exchanges
5) BRICS & Pandemic
Answer-2) BRICS: Challenges of the Time for young People
On 29th November, 6th BRICS Youth Summit 2020 opening ceremony and a meeting of BRICS Ministers was held in Ulyanovsk, Russia. Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports, Kiren Rijiju virtually addressed the 6th BRICS Youth Summit 2020 on behalf of India, which was held from 29 November to 2 December, 2020.
Theme for 6th BRICS Youth Summit 2020- “BRICS: Challenges of the Time for young People”.
- Which edition of India-Suriname Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) was held virtually on Dec 2, 2020?
The 7th India-Suriname Joint Commission Meeting (JCM) was held virtually. The meeting was Co-Chaired by the Minister of State for External Affairs, V. Muraleedharan & Albert R. Ramdin, Minister of Foreign Affairs, International Business and International Cooperation of the Republic of Suriname. The next JCM Meeting is set to be held at Paramaribo, Capital of Suriname in 2022 on a date to be decided by both countries.
- Dr Harsh Vardhan Chaired “Health Talks”, Annual Conference under _________ India Nobel Memorial Week.
2) New Zealand
As a part of 13th Sweden India Nobel Memorial Week 2020, on December 2, 2020, Union Minister Harsh Vardhan, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) chaired the inaugural session of “Health Talks”, an annual conference of the India Sweden Healthcare Innovation Centre. During the conference it was announced that the Innovation Centre is also in the process of setting up a Centre of Excellence at AIIMS Jodhpur on Cancer Care to help patients to better understand and manage their disease.
- The inaugural meeting of the United States (US)-India Counternarcotics Working Group (CNWG) was held virtually. Where is the headquarters of Narcotics Control Board (NCB)?
4) New Delhi
Answer-4) New Delhi
The inaugural meeting of the United States (US)-India Counternarcotics Working Group (CNWG) was held virtually where India was represented by Sachin Jain, Deputy Director General, Narcotics Control Board (NCB), Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
Director General of NCB– Rakesh Asthana
Headquarter of NCB– New Delhi
- Name the entity that conducted the survey based on Satellite Data from 2000-2019, which is the First-of-its Kind survey in India to look at air pollution spatially.
1) CPCB-IITK (Central Pollution Control Board-Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur)
2) CPCB-IITM (Central Pollution Control Board-Indian Institute of Technology, Madras)
3) CPCB-IITD (Central Pollution Control Board-Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi)
4) Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
5) Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change
Answer-3) CPCB-IITD (Central Pollution Control Board-Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi)
According to a survey conducted by CPCB-IITD (Central Pollution Control Board-Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi), Southern India & Eastern India recorded a higher rate of increase in pollution levels than the Indo-Gangetic Plain (IGP). The study was conducted based on Satellite Data from 2000-2019, which is the First-of-its Kind survey to look at air pollution spatially. The survey has also found that Air Pollution in Rural India has increased at par with Urban India. States with Highest Levels of Pollution (2000-19):
State Pollution at Urban level Pollution at Rural level Kerala 24.2% 21.9% Goa 36.4% 37.3% Andhra Pradesh 20.15% 18.9%
- India’s annual tax loss aggregates to what amount according to the first-of-its-kind report titled “The State of Tax Justice 2020- Tax Justice in the time of COVID-19”?
1) $1 Billion
2) $5 Billion
3) $3.10 Billion
4) $10.3 Billion
5) $31 Billion
Answer-4) $10.3 Billion
The Tax Justice Network (TJN) has released the first-of-its-kind report titled “The State of Tax Justice 2020- Tax Justice in the time of COVID-19” in accordance to which the international corporate tax abuse and private tax evasion is incurring a global loss of over $427 billion in tax each year. In this scenario, India’s annual tax loss aggregates to $10.3 billion i.e. $10,319,683,940 (equivalent to INR 70,000 crore), of which, a major part is corporate tax evasion nearly $10.11 billion and $202.15 million is offshore private tax evasion.
- Which Country is the Biggest Tax Loser according to the first-of-its-kind report titled “The State of Tax Justice 2020- Tax Justice in the time of COVID-19” (Cayman Islands (a British territory) being Biggest contributor to Other Countries Tax Losses)?
1) United States (US)
2) United Kingdom (UK)
Answer-1) United States (US)
The Asian region lost over $73.3 billion or $73,372,803,475. Its biggest loser is China followed by India and Japan.Following table shows the top 5 Biggest Tax Losers and Biggest contributors to other countries tax losses:
Rank Country Biggest Tax Losers 1 United States (US) 2 United Kingdom (UK) 3 Germany 4 France 5 Brazil Biggest contributors to Other Countries Tax Losses 1 Cayman Islands (a British territory) 2 United Kingdom (UK) 3 The Netherlands 4 Luxembourg 5 United States (US)
- What is India’s rank in 6th Financial Secrecy Index (FSI) 2020?
The FSI 2020 ranked 133 countries on the basis of 20 indicators on how intensely the country’s tax and financial systems serve as a tool for individuals to hide their finances from the rule of law, including other countries’ laws. It was the 6th edition of FSI.It was first published in 2009.
Financial Secrecy Index 2020 Ranking Rank Country 47 India 1 Cayman Islands 2 United States (US) 3 Switzerland 4 Hong Kong 5 Singapore
India’s FSI value is 238.68 with a secrecy score of 47.84. The FSI 2020 stated a 7% reduction in global financial secrecy as a result of recent transparency reforms.
OECD countries are responsible for 49% of all financial secrecy in the world.
- Which Indian Company has topped the 2020 Fortune 500 Ranking List of Indian companies?
1) Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL)
2) Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL)
3) Oil & Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)
4) State Bank of India (SBI)
5) Tata Consultancy Services (TCS)
Answer-1) Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL)
Fortune India announced the 2020 Fortune 500 Ranking List of Indian companies. The list is topped by Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) with revenue of Rs 615,854.00 crore, accounting for 7% of cumulative revenues and 11% profit of the companies featured. RIL retains the top rank for the 2nd time. Table of Top 3 Companies in 2020 Fortune 500 List of Indian Companies is given below
Rank Organisation Name Revenue in Rs(crore) 1 Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) 615,854.00 2 Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.(IOCL) 493,932.99 3 Oil & Natural Gas Corporation 405,243.31
State Bank of India-SBI is ranked in 4th spot with revenue of Rs 368,010.65 crore, followed by Bharat Petroleum Corporation (Rs 288,974.97 crore revenue) and Tata Motors(Rs 261,875.55 crore revenue). 7th spot is secured by Rajesh Exports with Rs 195,607.23 crore revenue, followed by Tata Consultancy Services(Rs 161,541.00 crore revenue) and ICICI Bank (Rs 149,786.10 crore revenue). Larsen & Toubro-L&T with Rs 147,820.13 crore revenue, secures the 10th rank.
- Which Orgaanisation/Armed Forces carried out the Firing of Indigenously Developed Akash Missile System (Surface-to-Air Missile) & Russian-Origin Short-Range Igla Missile (Surface-to-Air Missile) as part of a drill which took place at Suryalanka, Andhra Pradesh.
1) Indian Army
2) Indian Navy
3) Indian Air Force
5) Bharat Dynamics Ltd
Answer-3) Indian Air Force
The Indian Air Force (IAF) carried out the Firing of Indigenously Developed Akash Missile System (Surface-to-Air Missile) & Russian-Origin Short-Range Igla Missile (Surface-to-Air Missile) as part of a drill which took place at Air Force Station in Suryalanka, Andhra Pradesh. The drills were part of an exercise which was carried from November 23-December 2 by the IAF.
- Where did Indian Navy’s Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) undergo Basin Trials) on November 30, 2020?
1) Mazagon Dock Limited, Mumbai.
2) Hindustan Shipyard Limited, Visakhapatnam.
3) Cochin Shipyard Limited (CGL), Cochin
4) Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, Kolkata.
5) Goa Shipyard Limited.
Answer-3) Cochin Shipyard Limited (CGL), Cochin
Indian Navy’s Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (IAC) will be commissioned by the end of 2021 or by early 2022. The IAC had undergone Basin Trials at the Cochin Shipyard Limited (CGL) on November 30, 2020. The Sea Trials of the IAC would be undertaken in the first half of 2021 after which it will be ready for induction into the Indian Navy.
- Which IIT develop a “damaru” inspired lattice for vibration isolation in High speed trains and Stealth Submarines?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Bombay
3) IIT Kharagpur
4) IIT Delhi
5) IIT Kanpur
Answer-5) IIT Kanpur
Under the SPARKS project of MHRD, IIT Kanpur researchers develop a “damaru” inspired lattice, which shows tremendous application in vibration isolation in high speed trains, Stealth submarines and Helicopters. The hour-glass shaped meta-structure provides superior absorption of electromagnetic and sonic waves. Theoretically, this absorption could provide “invisibility” of an object either in optical or in acoustic domain.
- Virat Kohli became the Fastest Batsman to reach 12, 000 runs in ODIs during the 3-match Dettol ODI series 2020 in Australia. He took how much innings to achieve the milestone?
1) 240 innings
2) 235 innings
3) 242 innings
4) 252 innings
5) 250 innings
Answer-3) 242 innings
The Australian Cricket Team won the 3-match Dettol ODI series 2020 against India by 2-1. Australian Batsman Steve Smith was chosen as the Player of the Series for scoring 216 runs in the series which included 2 Centuries. uring the series Virat Kohli became the Fastest Batsman to reach 12, 000 runs in ODIs (242 innings) & 22, 000 International runs (462 International innings). The ODI Series is the first for India in the 2020-22 ICC (International Cricket Council) Cricket World Cup Super League. The top 7 teams on the points table of ICC super league will qualify directly for the 2023 ODI World Cup set to be held in India.
- Name the latest book of Internet gaming entrepreneur Alok Kejriwal through which he talks about principles of success and shares some of his spiritual experiences and the lessons that he learnt from them.
2) I am No Messiah
3) Till We Win
4) The Code to Success
5) The Cave
Answer-5) The Cave
Internet gaming entrepreneur Alok Kejriwal talks about principles of success and shares some of his spiritual experiences and the lessons that he learnt from them in his new book.
In “The Cave”, he shares intimate aspects of his life that bring meaning and balance to his journey as a successful digital entrepreneur. According to Kejriwal, CEO and co-founder of Games2Win, he wants to debunk the myth that spirituality is for the old and retired and instead try and infuse its magic into the lives of the young adults as early as possible. Kejriwal”s first book was “Why I Stopped Wearing My Socks”.
- Zafarullah khan Jamali passed away recently. He was former PM of which Country?
2) Sri Lanka
The 15th Prime Minister of Pakistan Zafarullah khan Jamali passed away at Armed Forces Institute of Cardiology & National Institute of Heart Diseases (AFIC-NIHD), a military hospital in Rawalpindi, Pakistan. He served as PM from November 2002 to June 2004 for duration of 1 Year, 7 Months and 3 days.
- Valéry Giscard d’Estaing the former President of ________ who served from 1974 to 1981 passed away.
Valéry Giscard d’Estaing the former President of France who served from 1974 to 1981 passed away at the age of 94 at his residence in Loir-et-Cher region, in central France. He passed away due to COVID-19 complications. He was born on 2nd February 1926 in Koblenz, French-occupied Germany (now Germany).
- Maulana Kalbe Sadiq also known as India’s “second Sir Syed Ahmad Khan” passed away recently. He was a _________.
3) Islamic scholar
Answer-3) Islamic scholar
Prominent Shia cleric and Islamic scholar Maulana Kalbe Sadiq passed away at the age of 83 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. He was born on 22nd June 1939 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. He was an educationist, philanthropist, who served as the senior vice president of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB). He was described as India’s “second Sir Syed Ahmad Khan”.
- Sahitya Academy award winner poet Alokeranjan Dasgupta has passed away at his residence in Germany. He was a renowned poet of which language?
Sahitya Academy award winner Bengali poet Alokeranjan Dasgupta has passed away at his residence in Germany. He was 87. His first book, titled “JoubanBaul”, was published in 1959. After that he authored several books and translated many literary works. The poet also paid a vital role in consolidating Indo-German cultural ties in his lifetime. Dasgupta completed his studies from Visva Bharati School and then St. Xaviers College and Jadavpur University in Kolkata. He was faculty at JU teaching competitive literature. Later on he moved to Germany on scholarship and settled there.
- When is the United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Persons with Disabilities observed across the globe (2020 Theme: International Day of Persons with Disabilities is “Building Back Better: toward a disability-inclusive, accessible and sustainable post COVID-19 World”)?
1) November 30
2) December 1
3) December 2
4) December 3
5) December 4
Answer-4) December 3
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day of Persons with Disabilities is annually observed across the globe on 3rd December to promote the participation of people with disabilities and to take action towards the inclusion of them in all aspects of the society and development. The theme of the 2020 International Day of Persons with Disabilities is “Building Back Better: toward a disability-inclusive, accessible and sustainable post COVID-19 World”.
- The United Nations (UN) observes International Day for the Abolition of Slavery on which day?
1) November 30
2) December 1
3) December 2
4) December 3
5) December 4
Answer-3) December 2
The United Nations (UN)’s International Day for the Abolition of Slavery is annually celebrated across the globe on 2nd December with an aim to eradicate the modern form of slavery like human trafficking, sexual exploitation, child labour, forced marriage and forced recruitment of children for armed conflicts. 2nd December 1949 was the day on which the United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/317(IV).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarters of International Labour Organisation (ILO)?
1) Washington D.C, US
2) Paris, France
3) New York City, US
4) Rome, Italy
5) Geneva, Switzerland
Answer-5) Geneva, Switzerland
The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN. Director General (DG)– Guy Ryder.
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland.
- Where is the headquarters of Suryodaya Small Finance Bank?
1) Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) Pune, Maharshtra
3) Bengaluru, Karnataka
4) New Delhi
5) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer-1) Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
It is one among the 10 companies and the only one from Maharashtra to obtain a ’Small Finance Bank’ licence from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI). It was launched on January 23rd 2017. Managing Director (MD) and CEO– Baskar Babu Ramachandran
Tagline– A Bank of Smiles
Headquarters– Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who is the Director General of Narcotics Control Board (NCB)?
1) S S Deswal
2) Rakesh Asthana
3) Rishi Kumar Shukla
4) Alok Verma
5) M Nageshwar Rao
Answer-2) Rakesh Asthana
The Narcotics Control Bureau is an Indian federal law enforcement and intelligence agency under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India headquartered in New Delhi. The agency is tasked with combating drug trafficking and the use of illegal substances under the provisions of Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act. Rakesh Asthana is the Director General of NCB at present.
- Which Country will host BRICS games in 2021?
5) South Africa
On the occasion of India’s annual sports competitions along with the Khelo India Games, BRICS member countries will be invited to showcase their traditional indigenous games in the inaugural or closing ceremony of Khelo India 2021, at Panchkula, Haryana.
- Where is the Konark Sun Temple located?
1) Andhra Pradesh
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) West Bengal
Konark Sun Temple is a 13th-century CE Sun temple at Konark about 35 kilometres northeast from Puri on the coastline of Odisha, India. The temple is attributed to king Narasimhadeva I of the Eastern Ganga Dynasty about 1250 CE