AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 4 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The NCC has offered volunteer cadets to assist civilian authorities to fight against covid-19 under ‘Exercise NCC Yogdan’. Where is the HQ of NCC located?
5) New Delhi
Answer-5) New Delhi
National Cadet Corps (NCC – Under Ministry of Defence) has offered its volunteer cadets to assist the civilian authorities to fight COVID-19 under ‘Exercise NCC Yogdan’. Only senior division above 18yrs can be part of the initiative and will be employed in small cohesive groups of 8 to 20 under the supervision of Permanent Instructor Staff or/and an Associate NCC Officeractivities.The HQ of NCC located at New Delhi.
- With which company Kerala based SCTIMST collaborated to make portable lightweight emergency ventilator system?
1) Wipro 3D
Answer-1) Wipro 3D
Kerala’s Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for Medical Sciences and Technology (SCTIMST), an institute of National Importance under the Department of Science and Technology (DST) has partnered with ‘Wipro 3D’ to build a portable and lightweight emergency ventilator system based on Artificial Manual Breathing Unit (AMBU).
- The Union Agriculture ministry has launched 3 features in e-NAM platform to enable farmers to sell their harvested product directly from warehouse. Who is the Present Minister for Agriculture & Farmer’s Welfare?
1) Arjun Munda
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Mahendra Nath Pandey
5) Narendra Singh Tomar
Answer-5) Narendra Singh Tomar
The Union Minister of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare, Rural Development and Panchayati Raj, Narendra Singh Tomar has launched three new features of National Agriculture Market (e-NAM) Platform to enable farmers to sell their harvested produce directly from warehouse which will prevent crowding in mandis amid COVID-19 outbreak. The 3 features are as follows Negotiable Warehouse Receipt (e-NWRs) module, Farmer Producer Organisation (FPO) trading module, Logistic Module.
- Who released the COVID- 19 National Preparedness Survey 2020 conducted in 410 districts?
1) Jitendra Singh
2) Nitin Gadkari
3) Prahlad Singh Patel
4) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
5) Smriti Irani
Answer-1) Jitendra Singh
Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions released the COVID- 19 National Preparedness Survey 2020 (conducted in 410 districts). The objective of the survey is to develop a comparative analysis of COVID- 19 preparedness across States.The reports of the survey are available https://darpg.gov.in.
- In collaboration with which world organisation Odisha government has launched the “Mo Prativa” (My Talent) programme to engage kids during lockdown?
1) World Health Organization
2) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
3) The United Nations Children’s Fund
4) United Nations Development Programme
5) Safe Kids Worldwide
Answer-3) The United Nations Children’s Fund
The Odisha state government in collaboration with UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund), has launched a creative skill competition programme called “Mo Prativa” (My talent) to keep children engaged in some creative work during 21-days lockdown due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Name the organisation which has adopted the resolution ‘Global solidarity to fight the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)’.
United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopts a resolution– ‘Global solidarity to fight the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)’, co-sponsored by 188 nations including India. It is the 1st resolution adopted by world organisation on the global pandemic.
The objective of the resolution isto intensify international cooperation to mitigate & defeat the pandemic which includes exchange of information, scientific knowledge & best practices in accordance with the guidelines recommended by the World Health Organization(WHO).
- Under which health insurance product IRDAI has made coverage of hospitalization treatment costs of COVID-19 mandatory?
1) Arogya Sanjeevani
2) General Health
3) United Health
4) Universal Health
5) Arogya log
Answer-1) Arogya Sanjeevani
Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) has made the coverage of hospitalization treatment costs of COVID-19 mandatory under standard health insurance product “Arogya Sanjeevani”. Apart from this, Indemnity based health insurance products offered by all general and health insurance companies will also cover the costs of hospitalization treatment because of covid-19.
- As per Asian Development Outlook (ADO) by Asian Development Bank (ADB), what is India’s growth for FY 21?
Asian Development Bank (ADB) in its Asian Development Outlook (ADO) 2020 has forecasted a slowdown in Indian economic growth to 4% for the FY21 and for FY22 it has forecasted 6.2% economic growth.
- The Government has extended the tenure of NCLT acting president for 3 months. Name person who is current NCLT acting president (with effect from April 5, 2020).
1) Acharya Dev Bhat
2) AB Pandey
3) Mahesh Kumar
4) BSV Prakash Kumar
5) MM Kumar
Answer-4) BSV Prakash Kumar
The government extended the tenure of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) acting President B.S.V. Prakash Kumar for another 3 months (with effect from April 5, 2020) or till the joining of new President, whichever is earlier.
- CCI has approved the acquisition of 18.951 % equity stake in which insurance company by Trishikhar Ventures LLP (under the green channel route).
1) Star Health and Allied insurance Company
2) Apollo Munich Health Insurance Company
3) Future Generali India Insurance Company
4) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
5) Religare Health Insurance Company
Answer-5) Religare Health Insurance Company
Religare Health Insurance Competition Commission of India (CCI), a non-departmental public body responsible for investigating mergers, has approved the acquisition of 18.951 % equity stake in Religare Health Insurance Company Limited (RHICL) by Trishikhar Ventures LLP under the green channel route.
- Which Indian institute has developed the prototype for indigenous ventilator under project Praana?
1) IIT Kanpur
2) IIT Delhi
3) IISc Bengaluru
4) AIIMS Delhi
5) NIIT Trichy
Answer-3) IISc Bengaluru
The scientists and students of the Bengaluru Indian Institute of Science (IISc) have developed a prototype of an indigenous ventilator under project Praana, to help patients with lung damage due to COVID-19 infection.
- Name the organisation which developed a bio suit with self-sealing seam to keep health professionals fighting covid-19.
1) Indian Space Research Organisation
2) Physical Research Laboratory
3) Defence Research and Development Organisation
4) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
5) Indian Council of Medical Research
Answer-3) Defence Research and Development Organisation
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has developed a bio suit with self-sealing seam to keep the medical, paramedical and other personnel engaged in combating COVID-19, safe from the deadly virus. This Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) has been prepared with the help of textile, coating and nanotechnology. The suit has cleared the testing for protection against synthetic blood which follows the criteria defined for body suits by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
- Name the app which was tested by the Government to locate Quarantine violators.
The government has tested an application named, Geo-fencing app to trigger emails and SMS alerts to an authorised government agency, if a person has jumped quarantine or has escaped from isolation, based on the person’s mobile phone’s cell tower location.The Centre under the Indian Telegraph Act 1885 uses powers to “fetch information” from telecom companies every 15 minutes to track COVID-19 quarantine violators across the country & is accurate by up to 300 m.
- Name the country which host the 3rd edition of Asian youth games in 2021.
4) South Korea
The Olympic Council of Asia (OCA) has announced the 3rd edition of Asian Youth Games, which will be hosted in Shantou in China from November 20 to 28, 2021.
- Adam Lyons Schlesinger who passed away recently is ________.
1) Social worker
2) Human rights activist
American singer-songwriter, record producer and bassist, Adam Lyons Schlesinger was passed away at the age of 52 due to Covid-19 in Poughkeepsie, New York, US (United States).He was born on October 31, 1967 in New York City, US. He has won Grammy awards for 3 times.
- Gita Ramjee who is in news in April 2020 is _______.
1) Graphic Designer
Gita Ramjee, World-renowned virologist passed awayin Johannesburg, South Africa, due to Covid-19. She was the stellar vaccine scientist and an HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) prevention research leader.In 2018, She was presented with the Outstanding Female Scientist Award in Lisbon by the European Development Clinical Trials Partnerships (EDCTP) for her lifetime contribution in finding new HIV prevention methods.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The ‘Psycho-Social Impact of Corona Pandemic and the Ways to Cope’ was launched by which national body?
Answer-National Book Trust (NBT)
National Book Trust, India of MHRD Releases On-Line Questionnaire to Assess Community Perception about the Psycho-Social Impact of COVID-19 named ‘Psycho-Social Impact of Corona Pandemic and the Ways to Cope’.
- Who is the present Governor of Kerala?
Answer-Arif Mohammad Khan
- Where is the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) located?
- Who is the present chairman of DRDO?
- Where is the HQ of UNICEF located?
Answer-New York, US
- Where is the HQ of World Bank located?
Answer-Washington DC, US
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]