AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 October 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the Organisation that released the 2021 ‘Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle’ report, revealing 30% of the Indian population is not covered under any health insurance schemes.
1) Central Statistics Office
2) Indian Council of Medical Research
3) NITI Aayog
4) Insurance Regulatory & Development Authority
5) Medical Council of India
Answer-3) NITI Aayog
NITI Aayog released a comprehensive 2021 report titled ‘Health Insurance for India’s Missing Middle’ stating the current situation, existing gaps in the health insurance coverage across the Indian population and offers recommendations to increase health insurance coverage.
• 30% of India’s population devoid of health insurance, & termed as the ‘missing middle’.
• Under Ayushman Bharat – Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana, 50% of the population is covered and another 20% are covered through private voluntary health insurance.
- Identify the organisation that collaborated with the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare to organise the National Conference on “International Year of Fruits and Vegetables” (IYFV)
1) UN Food & Agriculture Organisation
2) Food Corporation of India
3) International Fund For Agricultural Development
4) Both 2 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer-1) UN Food & Agriculture Organisation
Agriculture Minister, Narendra Singh Tomar, addressed the National Conference on “International Year of Fruits and Vegetables” (IYFV) organized by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW), in collaboration with the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations(FAO).
• Theme of the Conference – “Awareness about the nutritional benefits of fruits and vegetables for balanced and healthy diet and lifestyle.”
• The UN observes 2021 as the IYFV
- Which country participated (in Oct’21) alongside the Indian Air Force in the multilateral combat exercise “Blue Flag 2021”?
A total of 84 Indian Air Force (IAF) personnel took part in the international multilateral combat exercise Blue Flag 2021, along with IAF’s Mirage 2000 aircraft squadron at Israel’s Ovda Airbase.
• Theme: Integration of fourth and fifth-generation aircraft in complex operational scenarios.
- Solicitor General of India, ____________, participated in the 19th meeting of Prosecutors General of SCO member states, where it was decided to conduct the 20th meeting at _________.
1) K. K. Venugopal; Kazakhstan
2) Tushar Mehta; Kazakhstan
3) K. K. Venugopal; Uzbekistan
4) Tushar Mehta; Uzbekistan
5) K. K. Venugopal; China
Answer-2) Tushar Mehta; Kazakhstan
The 19th meeting of Prosecutors General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) member states was hosted by Tushar Mehta, Solicitor General of India on October 29, 2021 through video conferencing mode.
• SCO Prosecutors General sign a protocol to deal with human trafficking especially women and children.
• The 20th meeting of the Prosecutors General of the SCO Member States will be held in the Republic of Kazakhstan in 2022.
- Identify the company that partnered with Lawrencedale Agro Processing India (LEAF) to launch the digital platform “LEAF Farmer Network”
2) Bharat Pay
3) HSBC India
5) Standard Chartered
Mastercard has partnered with Lawrencedale Agro Processing India (LEAF) and launched a digital platform LEAF Farmer Network (LFN) to improve financial access and inclusion among the farmers in India.
• Through LFN, the farmers could negotiate for price with complete transparency and manage end-to-end logistics with quality control.
- Who is the Top ranked Indian Philanthropist according to the ‘Edelgive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021’?
1) Mukesh Ambani
2) Azim Premji
3) Shiv Nadar
4) Gautam Adani
5) Lakshmi Mittal
Answer-2) Azim Premji
Hurun India and EdelGive have jointly released the Edelgive Hurun India Philanthropy List 2021. The list was topped by Azim Premji, the founder chairman of Wipro, with a donation of Rs 9,713 crore during fiscal 2020-21 which is around Rs 27 crore a day.
• HCL’s Shiv Nadar has secured the 2nd rank followed by Mukesh Ambani.
- Which of the following books is wrongly matched with its author?
1) Nineteen Eighty-Four – George Orwell
2) To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
3) Pride and Prejudice – Emily Bronte
4) Republic – Plato
5) The Discovery of India – Jawaharlal Nehru
Answer-3) Pride and Prejudice – Emily Bronte
‘Pride and Prejudice’ is an 1813 novel authored by Jane Austen.
- Identify the bank that functions under the tagline “Your Perfect Banking Partner”.
1) Canara Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) Federal Bank
Answer-5) Federal Bank
About Federal Bank:
Founded: 23 April 1931
Headquarters: Aluva, Kerala
MD & CEO: Shyam Srinivasan
Tagline: Your Perfect Banking Partner
- Which of the following countries is NOT a member of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO)?
About Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO):
8 member states – India, China, Pakistan, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan.
Headquarters – Beijing, China
Secretary General – Vladimir Imamovich Norov
- In October 2021, Bandula Warnapura, the 1st Test Captain of _________ passed away.
5) Sri Lanka
Answer-5) Sri Lanka
Bandula Warnapura, Sri Lanka’s first Test captain and a former coach and administrator, has died aged 68 at a private hospital in Colombo.
• He played 12 ODIs and four Tests in an international career spanning seven years from 1975-1982 and captained the side in each of his Tests and eight ODIs.