AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 October 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- ‘Commission for Air Quality Management in National Capital Region and Adjoining Areas Ordinance, 2020’ is approved by President for Air Quality Management in Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR) and adjoining areas, setting up the with Eight-member representatives. Where was the headquarters of the commission located?
3) New Delhi
Answer-3) New Delhi
President Ram Nath Kovind promulgated the ‘Commission for Air Quality Management in National Capital Region and Adjoining Areas Ordinance, 2020’ for Air Quality Management in Delhi-National Capital Region (NCR) and adjoining areas.
The ordinance proposes the setting up of a permanent commission with eight members to resolve the issues.The commission will be headquartered at NewDelhi, Commission will consist of Representatives from the states of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan, technical experts from Central Pollution Control Board and Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved how much worth Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) Phase II & Phase III. (Rs 7,000 crore assistance from the World Bank (WB), and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB))?
2) 15,211 Cr
3) 21,000 Cr
4) 10,000 Cr
5) 10,211 Cr
Answer-5) 10,211 Cr
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved Rs 10,211 crore Dam Rehabilitation and Improvement Project (DRIP) Phase II & Phase III with the external financial assistance Rs 7,000 crore from the World Bank (WB), and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
It will be implemented over a period of 10 years duration in two Phases i.e. from April, 2021 to March, 2031. Apart of external funding of Rs 7,000 crore, the balance of Rs 3,211 crore will be borne by the concerned Implementing Agencies (IAs).
- In association with which Ministry, NITI Aayog organised 4th Edition of India Energy Forum by CERAWeek (Cambridge Energy Research Associates)?
1) Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
2) Ministry of Power
3) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
4) Ministry of Coal and Mines
5) Ministry of external Affairs
Answer-3) Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas
Prime Minister Narendra Modi Inaugurated the 4th Edition of India Energy Forum by CERAWeek (Cambridge Energy Research Associates). CERAWeek is a global platform to understand best-practices, discuss reforms, and inform strategies for accelerating investments into Indian Oil and Gas value chain.
The Theme of 2020 edition is “India’s Energy Future in a world of Change”.
This is the fifth such event organized by NITI Aayog and Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.
- Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways announced that the 1.8 kilometer Feni Bridge will be completed by December 2020. It connects Chittagong, Bangladesh to which Indian State?
1) West Bengal
Nitin Gadkari, Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways announced that the 1.8 kilometer Feni Bridge, the Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) Bridge over the river Feni which connects Sabrum in Tripura, India and Ramgarh in Chittagong, Bangladesh will be completed by December 2020.
The announcement was made over a virtual event organised for laying foundation stone on 9 national highway projects in Tripura.
- IFSCA approves Bullion Exchange Regulations, 2020 & Global In-House Centers Regulations, 2020. Who is the Chairman of IFSCA?
1) Usha Thorat
2) Madhabi Puri Buch
3) Injeti Srinivas
4) Pradip Shah
5) Rajiv Kumar
Answer-3) Injeti Srinivas
On October 27, 2020, the International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) approved the International Financial Services Centres Authority (Bullion Exchange) Regulations, 2020 and International Financial Services Centres Authority (Global In-House Centres) Regulations, 2020 during a meeting chaired by Injeti Srinivas, Chairman of IFSCA.
The Bullion Exchange Regulations, 2020 are approved to provide an integrated platform for all the market intermediaries to facilitate transparency in the bullion market and standardization of bullion contracts.
The Global In-House Centres) Regulations, 2020 are for GICs providing financial service to provide services relating to financial products and financial services.
- Who launched the virtual festival of ‘Parampara Series 2020-National Festival of Music and Dance’?
1) Narendra Modi
2) M Venkaiah Naidu
3) Ramn Nath Kovind
4) Om Birla
5) Amit Shah
Answer-2) M Venkaiah Naidu
M. Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India launched the virtual festival of ‘Parampara Series 2020-National Festival of Music and Dance’. The Parampara Series 2020 is organised by Natya Tarangini in partnership with the United Nations. This has been organized to coincide with the World Day for Audio-visual Heritage 2020 on October 27. For the 24th year the Natya Tarangini has organised the Parampara Series.
- Which ministry e-launched a scheme titled ‘SERB-POWER’ (Science and Engineering Research Board-Promoting Opportunities for Women in Exploratory Research)?
1) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
2) Ministry of Science & Technology
3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4) Ministry of Women & Child Development
5) Ministry of External Affairs
Answer-2) Ministry of Science & Technology
Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science & Technology e-launched a scheme titled ‘SERB-POWER’ (Science and Engineering Research Board-Promoting Opportunities for Women in Exploratory Research), which is designed exclusively for women scientists.
The scheme has been initiated by SERB, a statutory body of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
- Which State announced to provide 7.5% reservation to students of state government schools who have cleared the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance (NEET) Test in admission to medical courses?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-2) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu (TN) Governor Banwarilal Purohit gave his Assent to “Tamil Nadu Admission to Undergraduate Courses in Medicine, Dentistry, Indian Medicine and Homeopathy on Preferential Basis to Students of Government Schools Bill 2020”.
It provides 7.5% reservation to students of state government schools who have cleared the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance (NEET) Test in admission to medical courses.
- RBI has revised the norms for the housing finance companies (HFC) stating that these home financiers should have at least 60% of their net assets deployed in the business of providing finance for housing by March 31, ______.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released final guidelines for housing finance companies (HFC) stating that these home financiers should have at least 60% of their net assets deployed in the business of providing finance for housing by March 31, 2024, with individual loans making up at least 50% of all assets.
Also HFCs should also have minimum net owned funds (NOF) of Rs 20 crore to commence housing finance as its principal business or carry on the business of housing finance as its principal. HFCs holding a CoR and having net owned fund of less than Rs 20 crore, may continue to carry on the business of housing finance, if such company achieves net owned fund of Rs 15 crore by March 31, 2022 and Rs 20 crore by March 31, 2023, if fails, their registration will be cancelled.
- How much of remittance will get reduced to India as per the latest estimates published in the World Bank’s Migration and Development Brief 33 due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and global economic recession.
1) $ 76 Billion
2) $ 70 Billion
3) $ 78 Billion
4) $ 86 Billion
5) $ 74 Billion
Answer-1) $ 76 Billion
On October 29, 2020 As per the latest estimates published in the World Bank’s Migration and Development Brief 33, remittance to India will fall by 9% to USD 76 billion due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and global economic recession. The top 5 countries in 2020 to receive foreign remittances are expected to be India, China, Mexico, the Philippines, and Egypt, unchanged from 2019.
There will be a 14% decline in the amount of money migrant workers send home by 2021, compared to the pre-COVID-19 levels in 2019. It is to be noted that in 2020 for the 1st time in recent history, the stock of international migrants is likely to decline as new migration has slowed and return migration has increased.
- On October 29, 2020, India signed a memorandum of cooperation (MoC) with which country in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) for the startup ecosystem?
On October 29, 2020, The Union Cabinet gave its approval for signing a memorandum of cooperation (MoC) between India and Japan in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) to promote human capacity building and further development of the startup ecosystem.
- On October 29, 2020, India signed a MoU with which country on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine through joint initiatives and technology development?
On October 29, 2020, The Union Cabinet has also approved the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Cambodia on cooperation in the field of Health and Medicine through joint initiatives and technology development.
- Which state signed a MoU with Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME) to support MSME?
5) Uttar Pradesh
Punjab Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with The Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME) for a 2 year project on transforming the ease of doing business MSMES(Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises) in Punjab.
The agreement is supported by Omidyar Network India (ONI) under its ReSolve Initiative.
Dr KP Krishnan, Chair of the GAME Taskforce on MSME, who is a former Secretary, Government of India, will lead the project.
- Who has been reappointed as the officiating Chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) till 31st December 2020?
1) Ajay Kumar
2) Sanjay Karol
3) Bansi Lal Bhat
4) Ajit Kumar
5) Rajive Gauba
Answer-3) Justice Bansi Lal Bhat
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs has extended the tenure of Justice Bansi Lal Bhat as the officiating Chairperson of National Company Law Appellate Tribunal (NCLAT) till 31st December 2020 or till a regular Chairperson is appointed or until further orders.
This extension marks the 3rd extension for BL Bhat since his appointment as NCLAT’s chairperson on 15th March 2020 for three months following the retirement of first Chairperson Justice SJ Mukhopadhaya.
Bhat was issued a 3-month extension on 15th June and later extended for a month till 16th October 2020.
- Which edition of India-Mexico Joint Commission Meeting was held virtually in October, 2020?
The 8th India-Mexico Joint Commission Meeting was held virtually on 29th October, 2020. The meeting was co-chaired by S. Jaishankar, External Affairs Minister of India and Marcel Ebrard, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the United Mexican States.
Both countries appreciated the progress made in bilateral trade and commercial relations between India and Mexico.
The Countries agreed to strengthen their ‘Privileged Partnership’.
They agreed to add new momentum in the fields of Trade and Commerce, Agriculture, Health, Space, Science & Technology, Energy, Culture & Education.
The two sides exchanged views on regional and international issues of mutual interest, in context of post Covid economic recovery plans.
- Indian Navy’s Guided Missile Corvette INS ________ (Indian Naval Ship) tested fired Anti-Ship Missile (AShM) in Bay of Bengal.
1) INS Kavaretti
2) INS Kora
3) INS Chennai
4) INS Kochi
5) INS Mumbai
Answer-2) INS Kora
Indian Navy’s Guided Missile Corvette INS Kora (Indian Naval Ship) tested fired Anti-Ship Missile (AShM) in Bay of Bengal.
The missile successfully hit the target at maximum range with precise accuracy.
INS Kora is a Kora-class guided missile corvette of Indian Navy. It was commissioned into service in 1998.
It was designed by the Navy under Project 25A, and is equipped with Kh-35 Anti-Ship Missile.
- Who is the Indian author of world’s first scientoon book titled “Bye Bye Corona”?
1) Santosh Kumar
2) Anandiben Patel
3) Pradeep Kumar Srivastava
4) Pramod Srivastav
5) Bansi Lal Bhat
Answer-3) Pradeep Kumar Srivastava
Anandiben Patel, Governor of Uttar Pradesh (UP) released the world’s first scientoon book titled “Bye Bye Corona” at an event organised at Raj Bhawan, Lucknow. The book was authored by Dr. Pradeep Kumar Srivastava, Scientoonist and former Senior Principal Scientist at CSIR-CDRI (Council of Scientific and Industrial Research – Central Drug Research Institute) and published by Vigyan Prasar, an autonomous agency under the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
- Mesut Yilmaz, a veteran Politician passed away recently. He was former PM of which Country?
1) South Korea
Former Turkish Prime Minister (PM) Mesut Yilmaz, a veteran Politician who served as the PM for three terms passed away at the age of 72 in a hospital in Istanbul, Turkey. He was born on 6th November 1947 in Istanbul, Turkey.
- How many biosphere reserves from India were included recently (October) in International Coordinating Council (ICC) of UNESCO’s (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) Man and the Biosphere (MAB) programme?
International Coordinating Council (ICC) of UNESCO’s (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) Man and the Biosphere (MAB) programme included three new Biosphere Reservers ,they are Panna Biosphere Reserve (Madhya Pradesh) in India, Fuvahmulah Biosphere Reserve (Maldives) and Addu Atoll Biosphere Reserve (Maldives) to UNESCO’s World Network of Biosphere Reserves.
The MAB-ICC which met online from 27-28th October, 2020 approved these additions.
- Government of India Initiative GeM (Government eMarketplace) has been integrated with eProcurement System of India Central Public Procurement Portal (CPPP). In which year GeM portal was launched under Ministry of Commerce?
Government of India Initiative eMarket called GeM (Government eMarketplace) has been integrated with eProcurement System of India Central Public Procurement Portal (CPPP) for creation of a Unified Procurement System. This will consolidate the entire public buying foods and services into a single platform. This will improve buying and selling experience and processes for ministries, departments and other agencies involved in the system. The GeM portal was launched under Minister of Commerce in August 2016 for online purchases of goods and services by all Central Government Ministries and Departments.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Kabartal Wetland also known as Kanwar Jheel is declared as a Ramsar site. Which state does it lie in?
3) Madhya Pradesh
5) Uttar Pradesh
Ramsar Convention declared Kabartal Wetland also known as Kanwar Jheel in Begusarai, Bihar as a site of international importance. Kabartal Wetland has been included in the ‘List of Wetlands of International Importance’ established by Article 2.1 of the convention.
After designating Asan Conservation Reserve (ACR), Dehradun, Uttarakhand and Kabartal Wetland, Begusarai, Bihar, as Ramsar sites, the total number of Ramsar Sites in India is 39, the highest in South Asia.
- Where is the headquarters of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)?
1) Tokyo, Japan
2) Beijing, China
3) Shanghai, China
4) New Delhi, India
5) Canberra, Australia
Answer-2) Beijing, China
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank is a multilateral development bank that aims to improve economic and social outcomes in Asia.
Establishment– January 2016
President– Jin Liqun
Headquarters– Beijing, China
Members– 103 Nations
- Jindua is a folk dance is of which State?
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Common Punjabi folk dances for males and females
Bhangra, Karthi, Jindua, Dandass
- Where is V.O. Chidambaranar Port (Thoothukudi) port located?
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Tamil Nadu
The V. O. Chidambaranar Port Trust (formerly Tuticorin Port Trust) is one of the 13 major ports in India. It was declared to be a major port on 11 July 1974. It is second-largest port in Tamil Nadu and fourth-largest container terminal in India.
- Manas National Park is located in which state?
1) Arunachal Pradesh
Manas National Park or Manas Wildlife Sanctuary is a national park, UNESCO Natural World Heritage site, a Project Tiger reserve, an elephant reserve and a biosphere reserve in Assam, India.