AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 January 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which loss making state-owned company was approved for closure by Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs in January 2021?
1) Western Coalfields Limited (WCL)
2) Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL-VSP)
3) Scooters India Limited (SIL)
4) Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL)
5) State Trading Corporation of India Limited (STC Limited)
Answer-3) Scooters India Limited (SIL)
Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the closure of state-owned Scooters India Limited (SIL). The company is being closed as it has been only accumulating losses. SIL was founded in 1972. It has manufactured both Two-wheelers and three-wheelers, however since 1997 it discontinued its 2-wheeler manufacturing process. Currently there are around 100 employees in the company. They will be offered Voluntary Retirement Scheme/Voluntary Separation Scheme (VRS/VSS).
- What was the theme of 51st Edition of 2021 World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting, ‘The Davos Agenda 2021’?
1) Together, We Fight the Virus
2) Stakeholders for a Cohesive and Sustainable World
3) A Crucial Year to Rebuild Trust
4) Responsive and Responsible Leadership
5) Together, We Can
Answer-3) A Crucial Year to Rebuild Trust
The 51st Edition of 2021 World Economic Forum (WEF) Annual Meeting called ‘The Davos Agenda 2021’ took place virtually from January 25-29, 2021. Theme of Davos Agenda – ‘A Crucial Year to Rebuild Trust’ Around 1, 500 Business, Government & Civil Society Leaders from 70 countries participated in the Meeting. Prime Minister’s (PM) address in the WEF forum focused on the ‘Fourth Industrial Revolution-using technology for the good of humanity’.
- Which organisation launched the Global AI (Artificial Intelligence) Action Alliance (GAIA)?
1) UN – Global Compact
2) World Economic Forum (WEF)
3) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
4) World Knowledge Forum
5) World Bank
Answer-2) World Economic Forum (WEF)
During ‘The Davos Agenda 2021’ event, World Economic Forum (WEF) launched the Global AI (Artificial Intelligence) Action Alliance (GAIA). Objective of the initiative is to Accelerate the adoption of Inclusive, Transparent & Trusted AI across the globe. Around 100 companies, Governments & civil society organizations from across the world will work to identify and implement best tools and practices for the ethical use of AI. By 2035, AI is expected to contribute over USD 14 Trillion to the Global Economy.
- Which organisation released the “Global Climate Litigation Report: 2020 Status Review”?
1) Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
2) Global Environment Facility (GEF)
3) UN Development Programme (UNDP)
4) International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
5) UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
Answer-5) UN Environment Programme (UNEP)
The UN Environment Programme (UNEP) released a report titled “Global Climate Litigation Report: 2020 Status Review”. The report was published by UNEP in cooperation with the Sabin Center for Climate Change Law at Columbia University, New York. The climate litigation cases have doubled in the last 3 years.
Recent Trends In Climate Litigation:
i. Violations of “climate rights”, the climate cases are relying on fundamental human rights like right to life, health, food, and water.
ii. “Greenwashing” and non-disclosures, when corporate messaging contains false or misleading information about climate change impacts.
- Which bank partnered with StashFin (in Jan 2021) to launch a co-branded prepaid card, that enables customers to take overdraft loans up to Rs. 5 lakhs?
1) Deutsche Bank India
2) DBS Bank
3) SBM Bank (India) Ltd
4) United Overseas Bank
5) HSBC Bank India
Answer-3) SBM Bank (India) Ltd
On January 28, 2021 StashFin entered into partnership with SBM Bank (India) Ltd to launch their co-branded prepaid card, ‘StashFin SBM card’. The card is powered by Visa and has a contactless Europay, MasterCard, and Visa(EMV) chip, enabling cardholders to have 24×7 access to funds. It acts as a personal overdraft facility, enabling customers to take loans up to Rs 5 Lakhs. The card users have an option to convert all their purchases into EMIs.
- What was India’s GDP growth for FY20, as predicted in the National Statistical Office (NSO)’s, First Revised Estimates (FRE)?
1) 4.2 %
3) – 7.7 %
4) – 4.2 %
5) 6 %
On January 29, 2021, the National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) released the First Revised Estimates (FRE) which stated that the growth rate of Indian economy was 4% in FY2019-20. This growth estimate is lower than the provisional estimates (PE) of FY20 growth at 4.2% released in May 2020.
Year GDP FY20 (PE) 4.2% FY20 (FRE) 4 % FY21 (AE) -7.7%
- What was India’s rank in ‘Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index 2020’ report?
According to the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU) report ‘Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index 2020’ developed by the Copenhagen Institute for Future Studies in partnership with Roche, India with a score of 36 was ranked at 10 out of 11 Asia Pacific Countries in terms of adopting personalised healthcare & steps taken to provide right care to the needed person at the right time. Singapore topped the Index followed by Taiwan & Japan at 2nd & 3rd positions respectively.
- Recently (in Jan 2021), Indian Navy decommissioned its IN FAC T-81 vessel. What does FAC stand for?
1) Fighter Air Craft
2) Fighter Attack Craft
3) Fast Attack Craft
4) Fast Air Carrier
5) Fighter Attack Carrier
Answer-3) Fast Attack Craft
On January 28, 2021 Indian Naval Fast Attack Craft (IN FAC) T-81 of the Super Dvora MK II class was decommissioned at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai, Maharashtra. The 25 meters long vessel with 60 tonnes displacement has served India for more than 20 years. Rear Admiral V Srinivas, Flag Officer Commanding Maharashtra Naval Area was the Chief Guest on the occasion.
- For the 1st time since its inception in 1934-35, Ranji Trophy 2021 was suspended owing to pandemic. For which sport the tournament is played?
For the first time since its inception in 1934-35, the Ranji Trophy — the premier First Class cricket tournament in India — is set to be suspended for a season (2021), owing to the pandemic. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has informed its affiliates that the truncated season would comprise the Vijay Hazare Trophy, senior women’s one-day tournament and the Vinoo Mankad Trophy for under-19 boys.
- World Economic Forum (WEF) launched the First of its kind platform– “EDISON Alliance” to reduce digital inequalities. What does EDISON stand for?
1) Equitable Digital Infrastructure and Services
2) Evolution against Digital Inequality System
3) Equal Digital Infrastructure and Services
4) Essential Digital Infrastructure and Services
5) Essentiality against Digital Inequality System
Answer-4) Essential Digital Infrastructure and Services
WEF launched the first-of-its-kind platform called ‘Essential Digital Infrastructure and Services’ – EDISON Alliance to reduce digital inequalities & ensure equitable access to digital opportunities for everyone by 2025. It is the 1st Global mobilization of public sector and industry leaders to ensure affordable and accessible digital opportunities for everyone. In 2021, the Alliance will work towards increasing digital inclusion in healthcare, education and financial services.