AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 August 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Find the Indian Naval Ship (INS) which participated in the joint maritime exercise that was held (in Aug’ 21) between the Navies of India and Germany in the Gulf of Aden.
1) INS Shivalik
2) INS Trishul
3) INS Gomati
4) INS Trikand
5) INS TalwarAnswer- 4) INS Trikand
A joint maritime exercise was held between the Navies of India and Germany in the Gulf of Aden in Yemen. The Indian Navy was represented by frigate ‘Trikand’ while frigate ‘Bayern’ participated from the German Navy.
- Which organization recently (in Aug’ 21) set up India’s 1st Green Hydrogen Electrolyser Factory in Bengaluru?
1) Tata Power Solar
2) ReNew Power
3) Ohmium India Private Limited
4) Rain Commodities Ltd
5) Orient Paper & Industries LtdAnswer-3) Ohmium India Private Limited
Ohmium India Private Limited, a Subsidiary of Ohmium International Sets up Green Hydrogen Electrolyser manufacturing Gigafactory in Bengaluru, Karnataka. This is India’s 1st Green Hydrogen (H2) Electrolyser unit.
i. The factory will produce Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Hydrogen electrolysers.
- In August 2021, ____________was dedicated to the nation by PM Narendra Modi & every year __________ will be observed as ‘Partition Horrors Remembrance Day’.
1) National War Memorial; 16th August
2) National War Memorial; 14th August
3) Jallianwala Bagh Smarak; 16th August
4) Jallianwala Bagh Smarak; 14th August
5) Jallianwala Bagh Smarak; 18th AugustAnswer-4) Jallianwala Bagh Smarak; 14th August
PM Narendra Modi virtually dedicated the renovated complex of Jallianwala Bagh Smarak at Amritsar in Punjab to the nation. The PM also inaugurated the Museum Galleries at the Smarak.
i. India decided to observe 14th August every year as ‘Partition Horrors Remembrance Day’.
- Identify the point(s) that are correctly related to the recent (Aug’ 21) notified Drone Rules, 2021 by the Ministry of Civil Aviation.
A) ‘Digital Sky Platform’ will be developed as a single-window platform for the clearances that are required.
B) Green & Red zones shall be displayed on the digital sky platform & Green zone reduced from 45 km to 6 km from the airport perimeter.
C) Requirement of import clearance from the Director General of Civil Aviation had been abolished.
1) Only A & B
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) All A, B & C
5) Only BAnswer-3) Only A & C
i. ‘Digital Sky Platform’ will be developed as a single-window platform for the clearances that are required.
ii. Green, Yellow & Red zones shall be displayed on the digital sky platform & Yellow zone reduced from 45 km to 12 km from the airport perimeter.
iii. Requirement of import clearance from the Director General of Civil Aviation had been abolished.
- Name the insurance company that partnered (in Aug’ 21) with BillDesk to become 1st Insurer To enable e-mandate for Premium Payment.
1) HDFC Life Insurance
2) Bharti AXA Life Insurance
3) Max Life Insurance
4) Aditya Birla Sun Life Insurance
5) SBI Life InsuranceAnswer-3) Max Life Insurance
Max Life Insurance has partnered with Billdesk, a payment gateway solution provider for safe and secure E-mandante process on premium payment procedures. It will enhance digital facilities and provide digital premium payments capability to its customers.
- In August 2021, ISRO successfully conducted the first hot test of the System Demonstration Model (SDM) for which type of system?
1) Geoloid Service Module Propulsion System
2) Gaganyaan Service Module Propulsion System
3) Akashyaan Service Module Propulsion System
4) Jupiter High Thrust Cryogenic Engine
5) Saturn High Thrust Cryogenic EngineAnswer-2) Gaganyaan Service Module Propulsion System
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully conducted the first hot test of the System Demonstration Model (SDM) of the Gaganyaan Service Module Propulsion System at Mahendragiri, Tamil Nadu.
- Which Indian Cricket Player recently (in Aug’ 21) retired from International Cricket?
1) Stuart Binny
2) MS Dhoni
3) Suresh Raina
4) Pragyan Ojha
5) Praveen TambeAnswer-1) Stuart Binny
Indian All-rounder & Right handed batsman Stuart Binny had announced his retirement from International cricket and First-class Cricket. Binny was born in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
About International Cricket Council (ICC):
Chairman- Greg Barclay
Chief Executive- Manu Sawhney
Headquarters- Dubai, UAE
- Which of the following statement(s) are correct with respect to the 16th Edition of the Paralympic Games held in Tokyo, Japan.
A) Zhang Cuiping & Burian Michal won the Gold Medal in the Women’s R2 10 m Air Rifle Standing 1 Shooting event & Men’s Javelin Throw F-64 event respectively.
B) The official Mascot was ‘Someity’ & Tek Chand (Shot put Thrower) was the flag-bearer of India in the opening ceremony of the Tokyo paralympics.
C) A total of 22 sports are scheduled & for the 1st time, Badminton and Taekwondo made their debut at the 2020 Paralympic Games.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Both A & B
5) Both B & CAnswer-5) Both B & C
i. Avani Lekhara from Rajasthan & Sumit Antil from Haryana won the Gold Medal in the Women’s R2 10 m Air Rifle Standing 1 Shooting event & Men’s Javelin Throw F-64 event respectively.
ii. The official Mascot was ‘Someity’ & Tek Chand (Shot put Thrower) was the flag-bearer of India in the opening ceremony of the Tokyo paralympics.
iii. A total of 22 sports are scheduled & for the 1st time, Badminton and Taekwondo made their debut at the 2020 Paralympic Games.
- Annually, ‘National Sports Day’ is observed on__________ to commemorate the birth anniversary of _____________.
1) 29th August; Mohammed Salim
2) 29th August; Major Dhyan Chand
3) 29th August; C.K. Naidu
4) 30th August; C.K. Naidu
5) 30th August; Major Dhyan ChandAnswer-2) 29th August; Major Dhyan Chand
National Sports Day is annually observed across India on 29th August to commemorate the birth anniversary of Olympian and Indian Hockey legend, Major Dhyan Chand, who is popularly known as the “Hockey Wizard” and “the Magician”.
i. Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur launched Fit India Mobile App at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, Delhi.
- When is the ‘International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances’ annually celebrated by the UN?
1) 27th August
2) 28th August
3) 29th August
4) 30th August
5) 31st AugustAnswer-4) 30th August
UN’s International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances is annually observed across the globe on 30th August to create awareness about enforced or involuntary disappearance in various regions across the globe.