We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 31 August 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Navies of India and Germany carried out Joint Maritime Exercise in Gulf of AdenOn August 26, 2021, a joint maritime exercise was held between the Navies of India and Germany in the Gulf of Aden near Yemen.
- The Indian Navy was represented by frigate ‘Trikand’ while frigate ‘Bayern’ participated from the German Navy.
- This exercise was held as Bayern is placed in the Indian Ocean leg as a part of Indo-Pacific Deployment 2021.
Focus of Exercise:
To enhance interoperability, facilitates exchange of best practices in maritime domain.
i.The exercise included cross deck helo (helicopter) landings and visit board search and seizure operations.
ii.It should be noted that INS (Indian Naval Ship) Trikand is deployed in the Gulf of Aden region for anti-piracy patrol.
Ohmium India Private Limited Sets up India’s 1st Green Hydrogen Electrolyser Factory in BengaluruOhmium India Private Limited, a Subsidiary of Ohmium International Sets up Green Hydrogen Electrolyser manufacturing Gigafactory in Bengaluru, Karnataka. This is India’s 1st Green Hydrogen (H2) Electrolyser unit.
- The factory will produce Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) Hydrogen electrolysers.
i.PEM Hydrogen Electrolysers will produce green H2 through the process Electrolysis.
- Electrolysis is the process used to split water into oxygen and hydrogen.
ii.Electrolyser is the system in which Electrolysis is done, making it the most vital part for producing H2.
iii.The gigafactory will manufacture PEM hydrogen electrolysers with an initial manufacturing capacity of about 500 MW per year, which could be increased to 2 GW per year.
Hydrogen produced by electrolysis using renewable energy or non- fossil sources.
It has no carbon footprint. It is set to play a major role & build on the rapid increase of renewable resources across the world.
- Other types of Hydrogen are Brown Hydrogen (created through coal gasification), Blue Hydrogen (produced from Carbon Capture Usage & Storage), Grey Hydrogen (formed from splitting of Hydrogen & CO2)
About Ohmium International
Founder & CEO – Arne Ballantine
Headquarters – Nevada, United States of America
PM Dedicated ‘Renovated Jallianwala Bagh Smarak’ in Punjab to India; Inaugurated Museum Galleries at SmarakIn August 2021, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually dedicated the renovated complex of Jallianwala Bagh Smarak at Amritsar in Punjab to the nation.
- PM also inaugurated the Museum Galleries at the Smarak. 4 Museum galleries have been created through adaptive reuse of redundant and underutilised buildings.
- India decided to observe 14th August every year as ‘Partition Horrors Remembrance Day’.
- 13th April 2021 marked the 102nd anniversary of the Jallianwala Bagh Massacre.
- Jallianwala Bagh Massacre/Massacre of Amritsar was an incident held on April 13, 1919, in which British troops under the command of General Reginald Edward Dyer fired on a large crowd of unarmed Indians in an open space known as the Jallianwala Bagh, Amritsar, Punjab.
Governor – Banwarilal purohit (Additional Charge)
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Bir Mehas Wildlife Sanctuary, Bir Gurdialpura Wildlife Sanctuary
Airports – Sri Guru Ram Dass Jee International Airport, Bathinda Airport
>>Read Full News
MoCA Notifies Drone Rules 2021 by Replacing USA Rules 2021
The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA) has notified the Drone Rules, 2021 replacing the Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) rules, 2021.
- The new rules are much liberalised & aim to make it easier for people and companies to own & operate drones.
- Background: The UAS Rules, 2021 were published by MoCA in March 2021.
Key features of Drone Rules, 2021
i.Several approvals abolished: Unique Authorisation Number (UAN), Unique Prototype Identification Number, Certificate of manufacturing and Airworthiness, Certificate of conformance, Certificate of maintenance, Import clearance,etc.. has been abolished under the new rules.
ii.Total number of forms to be filled has been reduced from 25 to 5.
iii.Fees Reduction: The total number of fees to be paid to operate a Drone reduced from 72 to only 4.
iv.Digital Sky platform that was envisaged in 2018 will be developed as a single-window platform for the clearances that are required.
v.Promote Drone taxis: The coverage of these rules has been increased to cover drones up to 500 kg in weight from 300 kg earlier, thereby bringing drone taxis.
vi.Penalty: Maximum penalty for violations reduced to Rs 1 lakh
About The Ministry of Civil Aviation (MoCA)
Union Minister – Jyotiraditya M Scindia (Rajya sabha – Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State – Vijay Kumar Singh (Lok sabha- Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh)
>>Read Full News
AREAS Signed MoUs with NISE, NIWE & SSS-NIBE to Promote Renewable Energy Tech in IndiaThe Association of Renewable Energy of States (AREAS) has signed 3 Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with 3 National Institutions – National Institute of Solar Energy(NISE), National Institute of Wind Energy(NIWE) and Sardar Swaran Singh National Institute of Bio-Energy (SSS-NIBE) – to promote renewable energy technologies in India.
The MoUs were signed on the occasion of the 7th Foundation Day of AREAS (27th August).
- AREAS was established on 27th August 2014 as an initiative of the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE).
- NISE (Gurgaon, Haryana), NIWE (Chennai, Tamil Nadu) and SSS-NIBE (Kapurthala, Punjab) are the autonomous Institutions under the MNRE.
India’s Renewable energy targets & Capacity:
i.India is set to achieve its renewable energy target of 450 Gigawatt(GW) by 2030.
ii.India is running the world’s largest clean energy programme to achieve 175 GW of renewable capacity, including 100GW of solar power by 2022.
About National Institute of Solar Energy(NISE):
NISE is an autonomous institution of MNRE, is the apex National Research &Development (R&D) institution in the field of Solar Energy.
Director-General– Dr. Arun Kumar Tripathi
Located in Gurgaon, Haryana.
About National Institute of Wind Energy(NIWE):
NIWE is an autonomous R&D institution by the MNRE.
Director-General– Dr K Balaraman
Located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Established in 1998
Coal Minister Pralhad Joshi Launched “Vriksharopan Abhiyan – 2021”
Pralhad Joshi, Minister of Coal virtually launched the “Vriksharopan Abhiyan – 2021” as a part of the Azadi Ka Amrut Mahotsav. Around 300 plantation sites around the coalfield across India will be connected through this Abhiyan.
Vriksharopan Abhiyan – 2021 includes environmental sustainability in mining operations and enable the coal sector to obtain a social and environmental licence to operate.
- Under the “Go Greening” drive, coal Public sector undertakings(PSUs) of the Ministry of Coal has targeted to cover 2385 hectares of area under bio-reclamation/plantation.
India can achieve $11tn Economic Gain for Timely Action on Climate Change: Deloitte Economics Institute Reporti.In accordance with the report titled ‘India’s turning point: How climate action can drive our economic future’ by Deloitte Economics Institute, India needs an action on climate change that could pave a way for $11 trillion economic gain, meanwhile, preventing a loss of $35 trillion over the next 50 years due to unmitigated climate change.
ii.As per the report, there is a window time of 10 years which can be used by India as an opportunity to tackle the impacts of climate change.
4 Key stages set by report for India
The report has sets out following four key stages for India’s climate transition which will led to a GDP growth of 8.5% in 2070:
i.Now and 2030- Government and businesses start acting on climate change so that the economy starts to decarbonize between now and 2030.
ii.From 2030 to 2040- Reduce carbon emissions by tackling how energy is produced and consumed.
iii.2040 to 2055- This will be a turning point. By this period, the process of decarbonising high-emission industries would be almost complete, the cost of green solutions would start to fall, and wider net economic gains would begin to emerge.
iv.After 2055- Indian economy would be producing near-zero emissions.
It is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax, and related services.
Global Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Punit Renjen
>>Read Full News
India’s Export to ASEAN is Estimated to USD 46 Billion in FY22The Union Minister of State(MoS) for Commerce and Industry Anupriya Patel inaugurated “India-ASEAN(Association of Southeast Asian Nations) Engineering Partnership Summit 2021’’ which was organised by Engineering Export Promotion Council (EEPC) in association with the Ministry of External Affairs and the Department of Commerce . The Summit held from August 24, 2021 to 27th August, 2021.
- MoS Anupriya Patel Stated that India’s expected export growth has been estimated around USD 46 billion in meeting the export target of USD 400 billion in the financial year 2021-22.
- The US 400 billion merchandise export target was announced in the budget of the financial year 2021-22.
- The combined economies of India and ASEAN is around USD 5.8 trillion which has the potential to contribute in the field of manufacturing and services.
- Focus areas- Industry 4.0, Integration of MSME(Micro Small and Medium Enterprises).
- The government of Tamil Nadu joined as a ‘Partner State’ while the Haryana government joined as the ‘Focus State’.
i.This year is celebrated as the 25th anniversary of the India- ASEAN dialogue Partnership and 10 years of the Strategic Partnership.
ii.An E-Book was also launched based on India-ASEAN trade and investments which has major focus on Engineering, MSME sectors and bilateral trade and investments.
- Under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan, the central government is providing a Production-Linked Incentives(PLI) Scheme of USD 26 billion covering 13 different sectors of the economy.
About ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asian Nations)
Established– 8 August 1967
Headquarters– Jakarta, Indonesia
Secretary– General- H.E.Dato Lim Jock Hoi
Member Countries – 10 Countries (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.)
BANKING & FINANCE
Max Life Partnered with BillDesk to Becomes 1st Insurer To Enable e-mandate for Premium PaymentMax Life Insurance has partnered with Billdesk, a payment gateway solution provider for safe and secure E-mandante process on premium payment procedures.Max Life is now became the first life insurer to provide such facility of e-mandate to its customers.
Objective- To enhance digital facility and provide digital premium payments capability to its customers.
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) in its recent circular provided that recurring transactions using debit cards, credit cards, Unified Payments Interface (UPI), or other prepaid payment instruments (PPIs), through e-mandate shall require additional factor authentication (AFA).Debit authentication/ AFA would be required for every recurring transaction for an amount of more than Rs. 5000.
i.With the above Notification, the Billdesk will send a pre-transaction notification to the customer at least 24 hours before the actual charge or debit.
- The Max Life customers now have the option to choose the maximum amount from e-payment for longer tenure.
- This would allow them to have better control over recurring transactions.
ii.Facilities Provided- Online payments, payments through phone, cheque pick- up facility, payment by auto-debit etc
About Max Life Insurance
Chief Executive Officer– Prashant Tripathy
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
MoE Released the List of 44 Teachers for National Awards to Teachers, 2021In August 2021, the Union Ministry of Education (MoE), Department of School Education and Literacy, published a list of 44 selected teachers from India for the National Awards to Teachers, 2021, the highest teachers award in India.
- On September 5, 2021, the President of India Ram Nath Kovind will award the National Award to Teachers 2021, to those shortlisted 44 teachers. List of awardees
- Hariswami Das, the headmaster of Sovanagar High School in Malda, West Bengal, was selected for the award from West Bengal for his digital educational model which was created in 2020 under COVID-19.
- Eligibility: All regular teachers were eligible and no minimum years of service were required.
About Ministry of Education (MoE):
Union Minister – Dharmendra Pradhan (Constituency – Madhya Pradesh)
Ministry of State – Annpurna Devi (Constituency – Kodarma, Jharkhand), Subhas Sarkar (Constituency – Bankura, West Bengal), Rajkumar Ranjan Singh (Constituency – Inner Manipur, Manipur)
>>Read Full News
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Tennis Player Leander Paes Joins Sporjo as Strategic Advisor & Ambassador
The Indian Tennis player and 18-time Grand Slam winner Leander Paes has joined India’s fastest growing sports edtech startup, Sporjo as its Strategic Advisor and Ambassador.
- Company was launched on May 27 2020 by G Srinivvasan. It mainly focuses on education, training the youth and also providing employment.
- The sports market is estimated around INR 100 billion, but sports in India only contributed 0.1% to the GDP as compared to the global average of 5%
About Leander Adrian Paes
Born– June 17, 1973 ,Kolkata, West Bengal.
Awards- Olympic Bronze Medal 1996, Arjuna Award for Lawn Tennis 1990, Padma Bhushan 2014, Padma Shri 2001
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
Minister of Animal Husbandry Parshottam Rupala Launched e-Gopala’s Web Version, IMAP Web Portal In August 2021, the Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Parshottam Rupala launched the National Dairy Development Board’s (NDDB) e-GOPALA application’s web version and IMAP web portal.
- Objective: To provide real-time information to dairy farmers on animal health, nutrition, and breed development for better productivity of milch (milk producing) animals and in turn to increase the farmers’ income.
Features of e-GOPALA:
i.The web-based e-GOPALA platform would help the farmers to buy and sell disease-free germplasm in all forms (semen, embryos, etc).
ii.It will send alerts on the due date for vaccination, pregnancy diagnosis, calving etc. and it also provides information about various government schemes.
iii.The app tells the farmers about the availability of quality breeding services (artificial insemination, veterinary first aid, vaccination, treatment etc.).
iv.It will also guide farmers for animal nutrition and treatment of animals using appropriate ayurvedic ethnoveterinary medicine.
Note – The e-GOPALA app was launched in September 2020 as a breed improvement marketplace for the direct use of farmers.
i.The IMAP web Portal includes the geographical presentation of different projects and facilitates real-time checking of coverage and progress of various projects and government schemes.
ii.The various projects include INAPH (Information Network for Animal Productivity and Health), NAIP (National Agricultural Innovation Project), NADCP (National Animal Disease Control Programme).
The minister also appreciated Indian Immunologicals Ltd (IIL)’s role (a subsidiary of NDDB) in Covaxin manufacturing process.
About National Dairy Development Board (NDDB):
Headquarters – Anand, Gujarat
Chairman – Meenesh C shah
ISRO successfully tests Propulsion System of Gaganyaan Service ModuleOn August 28, 2021, the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully conducted the first hot test of the System Demonstration Model (SDM) of the Gaganyaan Service Module Propulsion System for duration of 450 seconds at the new test facility of ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC), Mahendragiri, Tamil Nadu. The system met with all the objectives.
i.The Service Module (SM) is part of the Gaganyaan Orbital module.
ii.This SM Propulsion System consists of a unified bipropellant system consisting of five 440 N (Newtons) thrust engines and sixteen100 N Reaction Control system (RCS) thrusters with MON-3 and MMH as Oxidizer and Fuel respectively.
iii.The SDM consists of five 440 N engines and eight 100 N thrusters.
iv.In July 2021, ISRO conducted the final hot test of its L110 liquid engine to be used in the GSLV MK III (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle Mark III) launch vehicle that will carry the Gaganyaan mission to space.
Land degradation, the most pressing environmental problem of India: Findings Released by ISROIn accordance with the findings in ‘Desertification and Land Degradation Atlas of India’ released by Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), land degradation is the most pressing environmental problem of India.
- Almost 30% of India’s geographical area is already affected as all Indian states have recorded an increase in degraded land in the past 15 years mainly in northeastern states.
- These findings are premised upon the data from 2018-19.
i.Currently, 97.85 million hectares (mha) of land, an area 2.5 times the size of India’s largest state Rajasthan, has already been degraded. Of this, 3.32 mha, an area 22 times the size of Delhi has been added in the 15 years between 2003-05 and 2018-19.
ii.Rajasthan, the most degraded state, along with Uttar Pradesh and Telangana, have seen a reduction in their degraded land in the last 15 years.
- Rajasthan, which accounts for almost 22 per cent of the degraded land in the country, reclaimed almost 388,000 ha, an area roughly 2.6 times the size of Delhi. Uttar Pradesh (285,665 ha) and Telangana (19,974 ha) together reclaimed degraded land twice the size of Delhi during the period.
iii.Among the most degraded states Rajasthan is followed by Maharashtra and Gujarat.
Key Reasons behind Degradation:
Water erosion is the most common reason (80%) for degradation of non irrigated farmland, followed by wind erosion (17%), salinity / alkalinity in land (2%) and water logging (1%).
In order to become land degradation neutral by 2030, as announced by the Prime Minister in September 2019 at the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD), India needs to face extreme challenges.
Indian Cricketer Stuart Binny Retires from International CricketIndian All-rounder & Right handed batsman Stuart Binny has announced his retirement from International cricket and First-class Cricket at the age of 37.
- Binny has represented India in all 3 formats: He has played 6 Tests, 14 One Day Internationals (ODIs) & 3 Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).
- Binny holds the record for the best bowling figures in ODI cricket.
- In First-class Cricket, He made his debut in the Karnataka state team in 2003-04 season and he has played 95 matches, scoring 4796 runs & picking up 148 wickets.
- He has played for Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB), Mumbai Indians (MI) & Rajasthan Royals (RR) in the Indian Premier League (IPL)
- Binny was born in June 1984 in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
About International Cricket Council (ICC):
Chairman- Greg Barclay
Acting Chief Executive – Geoff Allardice
Headquarters- Dubai, UAE
Part-1: Overview of Ongoing Tokyo 2020 Summer Paralympic Games The 16th Edition of Paralympic Games is taking place in Tokyo, Japan from 24th August to 5th September, 2021.
- A total of 22 sports are scheduled. For the 1st time, Badminton and Taekwondo will be making their debut at the 2020 Paralympic Games by replacing Sailing & 7-a-side Football.
- The official Mascot is ‘Someity’
- The Paralympic Games symbol of the “Three Agitos” has been installed on a giant floating platform in the Tokyo Bay area. The 94-tonne steel monument stands 17.5 m tall, is 23.4 m long and 2m wide.
- Tek Chand (Shot put Thrower & Javelin Thrower) was the flag-bearer of India in the opening ceremony of the Tokyo paralympics.
- India has won 7 Medals– 2 Gold, 4 Silver & 1 Bronze till August 30
Avani Lekhara wins Gold Medal in Shooting
Avani Lekhara (Rajasthan) has won the Gold Medal in the Women’s 10 m Air Rifle Standing 1 (SH 1) Shooting event by scoring 249.6 in the final.
- Avani became the 1st Indian Woman to win a Gold Medal at the Paralympics & 4th Indian Gold medal at the Paralympics.
i.Sumit Antil wins Gold Medal in Javelin Throw, F-46
Sumit Antil (Haryana) has won the Gold Medal in the Men’s Javelin Throw F-64 event by throwing a distance of 68.55 m in the finals.
ii.Devendra Jhajharia & Sundar Singh Gurjar wins SIlver & Bronze respectively in Javelin Throw, F-46
- Devendra Jhajharia (Rajasthan) has won the Silver Medal in the Men’s Javelin Throw, F-46 category by throwing a distance of 64.35 m.
Bhavinaben Patel wins Silver Medal in Table Tennis
Bhavinaben Patel (Gujarat) won the Silver Medal in the Women’s Singles Class 4 Table Tennis event by losing 7-11, 5-11, 6-11 in the finals.
About International Paralympic Committee:
President – Andrew Parsons
Headquarters – Bonn, Germany
>>Read Full News
Formula One: Max Verstappen Wins Belgian Grand Prix, 2021Red Bull driver Max Verstappen (Netherland) has been declared the winner of the Belgian Grand Prix (GP), 2021. It was the Shortest ever Grand Prix in terms of distance Completed.
- The Belgian Grand Prix was held at the Circuit de Spa- Francorchamps, Belgium from August 27th-29th, 2021.
- Mercedes driver’s from Britain George Russell Williams & Lewis Hamilton finished in 2nd & 3rd place respectively.
- The F1 Championships are organised by Federation Internationale de I’Automobile (FIA)
Highlights of Belgian GP, 2021
i.It is the Shortest F1 Race ever in terms of distance completed, surpassing the race in Australia, 1991.
- Rain shortened the Belgian GP and Half points were awarded since 75% of the race distance was not completed.
ii.It was the 6th half-points race in F1 history, following Spain 1975 (accident), Austria 1975 (rain), Monaco 1984 (rain), Australia 1991 (rain) and Malaysia 2009 (rain).
About Federation Internationale de I’Automobile (FIA)
President – Jean Todt
Headquarters – Paris, France
US Television Actor & Emmy Awardee Ed Asner Passed AwayThe United State(US) Television Lou Grant actor Ed Asner passed away at the age of 91 in Los Angeles, California, U.S. Edward Asner was born in Kansas city, Missouri(US) on November 15, 1929.
About Ed Asner
- The actor got 7 Emmy awards and his animated movie ‘’Up” was nominated for the Oscar for best picture in 2009. In “Up” he played the role of an old man.
- The actor got Emmy Awards for playing the newsroom boss Lou Grant in The Mary Tyler Moore Show
- He served as the 21st President of the Screen Actors Guild
- He is one of only two actors to win a comedy and drama Emmy for the same role on different shows.
National Sports Day 2021 – August 29 National Sports Day is annually observed across India on 29th August to commemorate the birth anniversary of Olympian and Indian Hockey legend, Major Dhyan Chand, who is popularly known as the “Hockey Wizard” and “the Magician”.
He was born on 29th August 1905 in Allahabad, British India, present-day Prayagraj, Uttar Pradesh.
The National Sports day aims to create awareness about the importance of sports and reminds the need for sporting activities in life.
i.The Government of India has decided to celebrate the birth anniversary of Major Dhyan Chand as the National Sports Day starting from 2012.
ii.The first National Sports Day in India was observed on 29th August 2012.
Sports Minister Anurag Singh Thakur Launched Fit India Mobile App:
On the occasion of the National Sports Day 2021, Union Minister Youth Affairs and Sports Anurag Singh Thakur launched the Fit India Mobile app, India’s most comprehensive fitness app, at the Major Dhyan Chand National Stadium, Delhi.
- The mobile app launched as a part of the Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav also celebrates the 2nd anniversary of the Fit India Movement.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports:
Union Minister– Anurag Singh Thakur (Constituency- Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh)
Minister of State– Nisith Pramanik(Constituency- Coochbehar(West Bengal)
>>Read Full News
International Day Against Nuclear Tests 2021 – August 29 The United Nations(UN)’s International Day against Nuclear Tests is annually observed across the globe on 29th August to create awareness about the hazards of testing nuclear weapons or other nuclear explosions and the need to end nuclear tests and achieve a nuclear-weapon-free world.
29th August 2021 marks the observance of the 12th International Day against Nuclear Tests.
i.The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/64/35 on 2 December 2009 and proclaimed the 29th August of every year as the International Day against Nuclear Tests.
ii.The first-ever International Day against Nuclear Tests was observed on 29th August 2010.
The 29th August was chosen to commemorate the closure of the Semipalatinsk Nuclear Test site on 29 August 1991.
First-Ever Nuclear Test:
i.The Army of the United States of America (USA) conducted the first detonation of a nuclear device on 16 July 1945.
ii.‘Trinity’ was the code name of the first-ever nuclear bomb which was denoted in New Mexico, USA as a part of the Manhattan Project.
>>Read Full News
International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances 2021 – August 30The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances is annually observed across the globe on 30th August to create awareness about enforced or involuntary disappearance in various regions across the globe.
The day highlights that enforced disappearance is a crime and it should not be used as a way to deal with conflicts.
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/65/209 on 21 December 2010 and proclaimed the 30th August of every year as the International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances.
ii.The first-ever International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances was observed on 30th August 2011.
>>Read Full News
National Small Industry Day 2021 – August 30National Small Industry Day is annually observed across India on 30th August to celebrate and recognise the contribution of small-scale industry to the development of India. The day aims to promote the value of small businesses in society and to encourage the small industries across India.
i.A comprehensive policy package for the Small Scale Industry(SSI) sector was announced on 30th August 2000 which provided a substantial measure of support to small businesses in India.
ii.The erstwhile Ministry of Small-Scale Industries (now Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME)) has decided to designate the 30th August of every year as the National Small Industry Day.
About Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME):
In 2007 Ministry of Agro and Rural Industries and Ministry of Small Scale Industries(SSI) were merged into a single Ministry, namely, the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises(MSME).
Union Minister– Narayan Tatu Rane (Rajya Sabha- Maharashtra)
Minister of State– Bhanu Pratap Singh Verma (Constituency- Jalaun, Uttar Pradesh)
>>Read Full News
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 31 August 2021|
|1||Navies of India and Germany carried out Joint Maritime Exercise in Gulf of Aden|
|2||Ohmium India Private Limited Sets up India’s 1st Green Hydrogen Electrolyser Factory in Bengaluru|
|3||PM Dedicated ‘Renovated Jallianwala Bagh Smarak’ in Punjab to India; Inaugurated Museum Galleries at Smarak|
|4||MoCA notifies the Drone Rules, 2021|
|5||AREAS Signed MoUs with NISE, NIWE & SSS-NIBE to Promote Renewable Energy Tech in India|
|6||Vriksharopan Abhiyan-2021 launched by the Ministry of Coal|
|7||India can achieve $11tn Economic Gain for Timely Action on Climate Change: Deloitte Economics Institute Report|
|8||India’s Export to ASEAN is Expected to Reach USD 46 Billion in FY22 says MoS Anuproya Patel|
|9||Max Life to make Insurance Premium Online with Partner Billdesk|
|10||MoE Released the List of 44 Teachers for National Awards to Teachers, 2021|
|11||Tennis Player Leander Paes Joins Sporjo as Strategic Advisor & Ambassador|
|12||Minister of Animal Husbandry Parshottam Rupala Launched e-Gopala’s Web Version, IMAP Web Portal|
|13||ISRO successfully tests Propulsion System of Gaganyaan Service Module|
|14||Land degradation, the most pressing environmental problem of India: Findings Released by ISRO|
|15||Indian Cricketer Stuart Binny Retires from International Cricket|
|16||Part 1:Highlights of Ongoing Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games :24 August 2021 – 5 September 2021|
|17||Formula One: Max Verstappen Wins Belgian Grand Prix, 2021|
|18||US Television Actor & Winner of 7 times Emmy Awards ,Ed Asner Passed Away|
|19||National Sports Day 2021 – August 29|
|20||International Day Against Nuclear Tests 2021 – August 29|
|21||International Day of the Victims of Enforced Disappearances 2021 – August 30|
|22||National Small Industry Day 2021:August 30|