AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched the instant allotment facility of PAN through Aadhaar based e-KYC recently. PAN contains how many digits?
Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Smt. Nirmala Sitharaman launched the Instant Permanent Account Number (PAN) facility of Income Tax (IT) Department through Aadhaar based e-KYC (Electronic Know your Customer) to provide further ease to taxpayers, from New Delhi. This launch has been made on the lines of the para 129 of the FY20-21 Budget stating a simplified allotment process of PAN.PAN is a 10-digit unique alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department.
- Which state/UT planned to launch 1st of its kind state health register to maintain records of citizens of the state/UT?
5) New Delhi
Karnataka is all set to roll out the first of its kind in the country a “State Health Register” that will maintain the health records of all 6.5 crore citizens of the state. This decision to launch the standardized health repository of citizens has been taken after the COVID-19 crisis which needed urgent focus on better healthcare for all. This decision has been taken by after a meeting with medical experts from both government and private hospitals, in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Name the state which planned to develop 800 km herbal roads along the state and national highways through the state.
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-3) Uttar Pradesh
The Deputy Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh and PWD Minister of State Keshav Prasad Maurya, announced the development of 800 km herbal roads along the state and national highways through the state.
- Which state has launched ‘Rozgar Setu’ Yojana to support and provide employment to the migrant workers?
3) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-5) Madhya Pradesh
The Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh Shivraj Singh Chauhan launched ‘Rozgar Setu Yojana’ to support and provide employment to the migrant workers who returned to the state in the COVID-19 situation and to meet the workers requirements of the industries.
- Find the state which has launched scheme named “Mukhyamantri Swarozgar Yojana” to retain the migrants who have returned to the state during the lockdown.
4) Uttar Pradesh
Uttarakhand Chief Minister (CM) Trivendra Singh Rawat, launched the scheme named “Mukhyamantri Swarozgar Yojana” to retain the migrants who have returned to the state during the lockdown.
- The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE) to reduce the annual listing fee by _____% for SMEs.
The Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) and National Stock Exchange(NSE) announced that they will reduce the annual listing fee by 25% for Small and Medium Enterprises(SMEs) companies, it is as a part of their attempts to lower the compliance costs for companies during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. These steps will help to revive the SMEs & encourage thousands of SMEs to go for listing.
- What will be the contraction in India’s GDP growth in fiscal 2021 as per the forecast of CRISIL?
The latest report by CRISIL predicted that the gross domestic product (GDP) of Indian economy will contract by 5% in fiscal 2021. This estimate followed the April 28, 2020 forecast of 1.8% growth, from its earlier forecast of 3.5% growth.
- Name the company which has entered into partnership with Zurich-based Avaloq for digital wealth management services.
1) Tech Mahindra
2) L&T Infotech
Infosys Limited, a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting, has entered into the partnership with Avaloq, a Swiss company that develops and provides software for core banking, to offer end-to-end (e2e) products and services as Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) across the world to its clients.
- Thierry Delaporte was appointed as the MD & CEO of Wipro with effect from 6th July 2020. He is the COO of which company?
2) Liaison Technologies
Wipro appointed Thierry Delaporte, COO of Capgemini, as the new Chief Executive Officer(CEO) and Managing Director(MD) effective from 6th July 2020. He will take over the position from Adidali Neemuchwala who will be stepping down from his position on June 1. The operation of Wipro until July 5th will be monitored by its chairman Rishad Premji. He will be based in Paris and report to Rishad Premji.
- Sandip Mukund Pradhan’s tenure as Director General of Sports Authority of India (SAI) extended by 2 years. Where is HQ of SAI located?
2) New Delhi
Answer-2) New Delhi
Sandip Mukund Pradhan, the Director-General (DG) of Sports Authority of India (SAI) was given an extension for a period of 2 years and it will come into effect from June 6, 2020. SAI Headquarters– New Delhi.
- Which organisation has deposited Rs 30,000 each as out of pocket allowance (OPA) in accounts of 2,749 Khelo India athletes recently.
1) All India Boxing Association (AIBA)
2) Badminton Association of India (BAI)
3) Sports Authority of India (SAI)
4) Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI)
5) All India Tennis Association (AITA)
Answer-3) Sports Authority of India (SAI)
The Sports Authority of India (SAI) has deposited Rs 30,000 each as out of pocket allowance (OPA) in accounts of 2,749 Khelo India athletes, a total of Rs. 8.25 crores. The allowance is for the first quarter of 2020-21.
- The 22nd meeting of Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) held via video conferencing recently. Who heads FSDC?
1) Home Minister
2) Defence Minister
3) Finance Minister
4) External Affairs Minister
5) Prime Minister
Answer-3) Finance Minister
Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman chaired the 22nd Meeting of the Financial Stability and Development Council (FSDC) via video conferencing, which was the first meet since the coronavirus outbreak. The meet was held to review the various measures to maintain financial stability in the context of COVID-19.The economy is expected to contract by 5% by some estimates amid the virus crisis.The FSDC is the apex body of sectoral regulators, headed by the finance minister. The idea to create this regulatory body was mooted by the Raghuram Rajan (ex RBI Governor) Committee in 2008.
- Name the AI based chatbot which was launched by National Payment Corporation of India recently (developed by CoRover Private Limited).
National Payment Corporation of India(NPCI) has launched an artificial intelligence(AI) based chatbot, PAi, to create awareness around its products like FASTag, RuPay, Unified Payments Interface(UPI), Aadhaar Enabled Payment System(AePS) on a real time basis & to improve digital financial inclusion in India. It is developed by Bengaluru based startup CoRover Private Limited.
- Which naval command sets up Ultraviolet sanitisation Bay at the Naval Dockyard?
1) Western Naval Command
2) Southern Naval Command
3) Eastern Naval Command
4) Lakshadweep Naval Command
5) Andaman & Nicobar Command
Answer-1) Western Naval Command
The Indian Navy sets up an ultraviolet (UV) sanitisation bay to decontaminate things like tools, masks and clothes was set up at the naval dockyard in Mumbai, which is a part of the Western Naval Command.
- NASA has renamed its Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope (WFIRST) space telescope after which astronomer?
1) James C. Fletcher
2) Kalpana Chawla
3) Nancy Grace Roman
4) Sally Ride
5) Katherine Johnson
Answer-3) Nancy Grace Roman
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration(NASA) renamed its Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope(WFIRST), a next-generation space telescope as Nancy Grace Roman Space Telescope or Roman Space Telescope to honor Nancy Grace Roman(“Mother” of NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope), NASA’s 1st chief astronomer, who paved way for space telescopes focused on the broader universe.
- Name the decontamination device which was developed by Startup named Devaditek Innovations to check COVID-19 spread.
To prevent infectious coronavirus (COVID-19) breakout, Devaditek Innovations Private Limited, a start-up company focusing on technology transfer in the areas of medical devices, based in Maker village Kochi (Kerala), has developed a multi-purpose decontamination device called ‘Lumos’ that can sanitize items ranging from N95 masks to vegetables by using UVGI technology.
- The team of researchers of various institutes have identified a genome which possibly increase yield in which crop (published in ‘The Plant Journal’)?
A team of researchers from the Department of Biotechnology’s National Institute of Plant Genome Research (DBT-NIPGR) of New Delhi, ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), ICAR-National Rice Research Institute (ICAR-NRRI), Cuttack and University of Delhi South Campus (UDSC), have identified a part in the paddy genome through which there is a possibility of increasing yields.
- Ajit Jogi who passed away recently is the 1st Chief minister of which state/UT?
2) New Delhi
Former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister (CM) Ajit Pramod Kumar Jogi, passed away at the age of 74 in Raipur, Chhattisgarh. He was born on April 29, 1946 in Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.In November 2000, when the new state of Chhattisgarh was carved from Madhya Pradesh (MP), Ajit Jogi, was chosen by Sonia Gandhi to serve as the first Chief Minister (CM) of the State.
- M.P. Veerendra Kumar who passed away recently is a renowned ________.
1) Freedom Fighter
3) Stunt man
4) Classical Singer
M.P. Veerendra Kumar, Rajya Sabha (RS) MP from Kerala and Loktantrik Janata Dal (LJD) Leader, writer and journalist, passed away at the age of 83 due to cardiac arrest in Kozhikode, Kerala. He was born on July 22, 1936 at Kalpetta, Wayanad district, Kerala.
- When was the International Day of UN Peacekeepers 2020 observed annually?
1) May 29
2) June 4
3) May 14
4) May 19
5) May 4
Answer-1) May 29
The first UN Peacekeeping mission was established on 29th May 1948 to commemorate this day General Assembly of the United Nations designated May 29th as International Day of United National Peacekeepers in its resolution 57/129 on December 11, 2002 to acknowledge the women and men who serve as military, police and civilians in the UN Peacekeeping. In 2003 the first International Day of UN peacekeepers was observed.The theme of 2020 International Day of UN Peacekeepers is “Women in Peacekeeping – A key to Peace”.
- The World Menstrual Hygiene (MH) Day is celebrated every year on May 28. What is the theme for the day for the year 2020?
1) ‘’Periods in Pandemic – it is time to take action!”
2) “Its Pandemic time – It is time for Action.”
3) “No more limits”
4) “Educate about periods”
5) “menstruationmatters to everyone, everywhere”
Answer-1) ‘’Periods in Pandemic – it is time to take action!”
World Menstrual Hygiene(MH) Day is celebrated every year on May 28 to highlight the importance of menstrual health & to change the social stigma associated with menstruation. The day is a global platform that brings together the voices & actions of non-profits, government agencies, the private sector, the media and individuals to promote Menstrual Hygiene Management(MHM) for all women and girls. Theme of MH day, 2020: ‘’Periods in Pandemic – it is time to take action!”.
- Which world organisation has launched a week-long campaign #RedDotChallenge ahead of the MH Day on May 28, 2020?
1) International Monetary Fund (IMF)
2) United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
4) Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
5) United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
Answer-3) United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
United Nations Children’s Fund(UNICEF) launched a week-long campaign #RedDotChallenge ahead of the MH Day to ensure whether all girls manage their periods safely and with dignity & has reached 3.2 million through social media. As per UNICEF report It shows that 18% of young girls miss school during menstruation. Approximately half cited pain as the reason and a quarter cited fear of leaking.
- A new species of small freshwater fish “Puntius sanctus” discovered in Tamil Nadu recently. Name the Journal which published this study.
1) Bioscience Research
2) Nature Genetics
4) Journal Nature
Answer-1) Bioscience Research
According to the study published in the Journal ‘Bioscience Research’, Professor Mathews Plamoottil, head of the Department of Zoology at the BJM Government College, Chavara (Kerala), has detected a new species of silver colored small freshwater fish “Puntius sanctus” of the Cyprinidae family in Velankanni,Tamil Nadu(TN).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Who is the DG of Labour Bureau?
1) DPS Negi
2) Harbinder Singh
3) Sunil Chaudry
5) AS Tanda
Answer-1) DPS Negi
Santosh Gangwar inaugurates twitter handle for labour statistics AIR to provide latest statistics related to labour welfare, Labour and Employment Minister Santosh Kumar Gangwar has inaugurated the twitter handle @LabourDG for Labour Bureau. Secretary, Labour and Employment Heeralal Samariya and DG Labour Bureau DPS Negi were present on the occasion.
- Achanakmar Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
2) New Delhi
Chhattisgarh forest department officials have sighted a rare black panther at Achanakmar Tiger Reserve in Bilaspur district after seven years.Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary, Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary and Sharavathi Wildlife Sanctuary are said to be the habitats of black panthers in the state.Earlier, a black panther was sighted at the Udanti-Sitanadi Tiger Reserve in Chhattisgarh’s Gariyaband district.
- Who is the current MD and CEO of NPCI?
1) TN Manoharan
2) DPS Negi
3) Dilip Asbe
4) Shashank Chaudry
5) Ajay Tyagi
Answer-3) Dilip Asbe
Dilip Asbe is the MD & CEO of National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
- Where is the HQ of National Stock Exchange (NSE) located?
2) New Delhi
The National Stock Exchange of India Limited (NSE) is the leading stock exchange of India, located in Mumbai.
- What is the number of digits present in AADHAR card?
The UIDAI is mandated to assign a 12-digit unique identification (UID) number (termed “Aadhaar”) to all the residents of India.