AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 30 & 31 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 30 & 31 January 2022
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the India-ASEAN Digital Work Plan 2022?
A) The India-ASEAN Digital Work Plan 2022, was approved during the 2nd ASEAN Digital Ministers (ADGMIN) Meeting that was held virtually.
B) ADGMIN Meeting was co-chaired by Devusinh Chauhan (India) & H.E. Admiral Tin Aung San (Myanmar).
C) The ADGMIN is an annual meeting of Telecom Ministers of 10 ASEAN and dialogue partner countries.
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & C
4) Only A & B
5) Only AAnswer-1) All A, B & C
The 2nd ASEAN Digital Ministers (ADGMIN) Meeting approved the India-ASEAN Digital Work Plan 2022.
i. ADGMIN Meeting was co-chaired by Devusinh Chauhan (India) & H.E. Admiral Tin Aung San (Myanmar).
ii. The ADGMIN is an annual meeting of Telecom Ministers of 10 ASEAN and dialogue partner countries.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Pandit Jasraj Cultural Foundation on the birth anniversary of Pandit Jasraj (28th January 2022). Who is Pandit Jasraj?
3) Classical Dancer
4) Tribal Freedom Fighter
5) Classical SingerAnswer-5) Classical Singer
On the birth anniversary of legendary classical vocalist late Pandit Jasraj, Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually launched the Pandit Jasraj Cultural Foundation.
i. The foundation aims to preserve India’s rich heritage of arts and culture.
ii. Padma Awardee Pandit Jasraj was a legendary classical vocalist, who belonged to the Mewati Gharana (musical apprenticeship lineage).
- Which Bank recently (in Jan’22) listed its 1st USD 300 million Formosa bonds on India INX & became the 1st Indian entity to raise money through Formosa Bonds?
1) Bank of Baroda
2) State Bank of India
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-2) State Bank of India
The State Bank of India (SBI) listed its 1st USD 300 million Formosa bonds on India International Exchange IFSC (India INX). SBI became the first Indian entity to raise money through Formosa Bond.
i. Through the issuance, India INX became the first Exchange in IFSC (International Financial Services Centre) to list Formosa Bonds issued by SBI.
ii. SBI, acting through its London branch, raised USD 300 million of ‘Regulation S’ Formosa bonds at a coupon rate of 2.49 percent.
- Which company recently (in Jan’22) partnered with FICCI to support 5 lakh women-led small businesses under #SheMeansBusiness programme?
5) TCSAnswer-3) Meta
Meta (formerly Facebook) has joined hands with Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) to support five lakh women-led small businesses across India under its #SheMeansBusiness programme.
i. This announcement was made during the Meta’s 1st National Women Entrepreneurship Summit 2022 which was held in virtual mode to encourage and support the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) across sectors.
- In January 2022, Major General Y P Khanduri, Directorate of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) of _______ was awarded with the Prime Minister’s Banner at the Republic Day Camp.
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-4) Maharashtra
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi honoured the Maharashtra Directorate of the National Cadet Corps (NCC) with the Prime Minister’s Banner at the Republic Day Camp(RDC).
i. Major General Y P Khanduri, Additional Director General, NCC Directorate, Maharashtra received the PM Banner from PM Modi.
ii. Senior Under Officer Siddhesh Jadhav was the banner bearer and Cadet Captain Nikita Khot was the trophy bearer.
iii. The 2022 RDC for NCC culminated with a rally at the Cariappa Parade Ground, Delhi.
- Which of the following Tiger reserves in India recently (in Jan’22) won the TX2 award 2022 for doubling their tiger populations since 2010?
1) Kamlang Tiger Reserve
2) Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve
3) Orang Tiger Reserve
4) Pench Tiger Reserve
5) Corbett Tiger ReserveAnswer-2) Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve
India’s Sathyamangalam Tiger Reserve (STR) in Erode, Tamil Nadu, and Nepal’s Bardiya National Park have jointly won the TX2 award 2022 for doubling their tiger populations since 2010.
i.The award was given for STR after its tiger numbers doubled to 80 from 25 tigers in 2011.
ii. The Bardiya National Park (Nepal ) has increased the tiger population by almost five-fold from less than 20 tigers in 2009 to 87 in 2018 (as per the tiger census).
iii. The award for Tiger Conservation Excellence was presented to Khata Forest Conservation Area in Nepal
- Who was recently (in Jan’22) appointed as the ‘Chief Economic Advisor’ (CEA) for the Ministry of Finance?
1) Kaushik Basu
2) Anantha Nageswaran
3) Raghuram Rajan
4) K V Subramanian
5) Arvind SubramanianAnswer-2) Anantha Nageswaran
The Union government appointed Dr V Anantha Nageswaran as the Chief Economic Advisor (CEA) for the Ministry of Finance.
i. He will succeed K V Subramanian, who left the office of CEA vacant in December 2021 after completing his 3 year term.
ii. His appointment as CEA comes days ahead of the release of the 2022 Economic Survey on 31st January.
- In January 2022, ___________ launched National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) Research Portal in ___________.
1) Ministry of Science & Technology; Gujarat
2) Ministry of Education; Karnataka
3) Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers; New Delhi
4) Ministry of Science & Technology; Karnataka
5) Ministry of Education; New DelhiAnswer- 3) Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers; New Delhi
Union Minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers Mansukh Mandaviya launched National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER) Research Portal in New Delhi.
i. Aim – To spread information about all the NIPERs research activities, patents filed and Publication information at one place.
ii. The Department of Pharmaceuticals has created this Research Portal to capture the research activities of all seven NIPERs and to enhance industry–Academia collaboration.
- In which state two new species of fungi named ‘Ganoderma keralense & G. pseudoapplanatum’ were discovered recently (in Jan’22) that are associated with Basal Stem Rot disease?
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-3) Kerala
Researchers from Kerala have identified two new species of fungi from the genus Ganoderma named Ganoderma keralense and G. pseudoapplanatum that are associated with coconut stem rot disease or Basal Stem Rot , an irrecoverable disease for plants.
i. About Basal Stem Rot:
The butt rot or basal stem rot of coconut is known by several names in different parts of India: Ganoderma wilt (Andhra Pradesh), Anaberoga (Karnataka) and Thanjavur wilt (Tamil Nadu) etc.
- In Women’s Asia Cup Muscat 2022, _______ won the Gold medal, while India won the _______ Medal during the event that was held at Muscat, Onam.
1) China; Silver
2) Indonesia; Bronze
3) Thailand; Silver
4) Japan; Bronze
5) Indonesia; SilverAnswer-4) Japan; Bronze
In the Women’s Asia Cup Muscat 2022 Japan won the Gold medal by defeating three-time champions South Korea while India won the bronze medal defeating China under the captaincy of Rani Rampal. India lost to South Korea in the semi-final.
i. Women’s Asia Cup Muscat 2022 hosted by Oman was held at the Sultan Qaboos Sports Complex, Muscat, Oman from 21st to 28th January 2022.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification