AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- How many states/UTs joined the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ scheme (as on June 1, 2020) as per Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution minister Ram Vilas Paswan?
5) 21Answer-3) 20
The Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan informed that Odisha, Sikkim and Mizoram have joined the ‘One Nation-One Ration Card’ scheme on ‘Integrated Management of Public Distribution System’(IM-PDS) a total of 20 states/Union Territories(UTs) in the scheme.
- The cabinet has approved increase in MSP for kharif crops at a level of at least _____ times of the all-India weighted average cost of production.
5) 1.25Answer-1) 1.5
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved an increase in the minimum support prices (MSPs) for all mandated kharif crops, including paddy, pulses and cotton, for the 2020-21 marketing season. The increase in MSP for kharif crops is in line with the Union Budget 2018-19 announcement of fixing the MSPs at a level of at least 1.5 times of the all-India weighted average cost of production, aiming at reasonably fair remuneration for the farmers.
- What is the revised turnover limit of Medium enterprises as per approval of union cabinet recently?
1) 100 crore
2) 150 crore
3) 50 crore
4) 250 crore
5) 200 croreAnswer-4) 250 crore
Union Cabinet has approved the upward revision of MSME definition and modalities/ road map for laying down effective implementation mechanism under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Package. Following are the revisions:
Category New Capital New Turnover Old Capital Old Turnover Micro 1 Crore 5 Crore 25 Lakh 10 Lakh Small 10 Crore 50 Crore 5 Crore 2 Crore Medium 50 Crore 250 Crore 10 crore 5 Crore
- Name the special micro credit facility Scheme launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs for providing affordable loans to street vendors.
1) PM Nidhi
2) PM Swamitva
3) PM Swacch
4) PM SVANidhi
5) PM SamridhhiAnswer-4) PM SVANidhi
On the lines of the announcement made by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 14 May, 2020 to provide special micro-credit facility to street vendors, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has launched a scheme PM SVANidhi– PM Street Vendor’s AtmaNirbharNidhi under which the street vendors, who had their businesses operational on or before 24 March, 2020 can avail a working capital loan of up to Rs. 10,000 which is repayable in monthly instalments in the tenure of one year.
- Government plans to provide Kisan Credit cards to how many dairy farmers under special drive (1st June-31st July 2020)?
1) 2 Crore
2) 1.5 Crore
3) 50 Lakh
4) 1 Lakh
5) 1.75 LakhAnswer-2) 1.5 Crore
Government under a special drive will provide Kisan Credit Cards(KCC) to 1.5 crore dairy farmers belonging to milk unions and milk producing companies within the next two months (1st June-31st July 2020). The special drive is part of the Prime Minister’s AtmaNirbhar Bharat package for Farmers.
- The credit rating agency Moody’s has predicted India’s real Gross Domestic Product (GDP) to contract by _______ in fiscal 2021.
5) 4%Answer-5) 4%
Rating agency Moody’s expects India’s real Gross Domestic Product(GDP) to contract by 4% in fiscal 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and related lockdown measures. India’s foreign-currency and local-currency long-term issuer ratings have been downgraded to Baa3 from Baa2. Meanwhile India’s local-currency senior unsecured rating was also reduced to Baa3 from Baa2, and its short-term local currency rating to Prime(P)-3 from P-2. The outlook remains negative.
- Indian Energy Exchange Limited (IEX) has started a Real-Time Market (RTM) to meet the demand for electricity. Where is IEX located?
3) New Delhi
5) HyderabadAnswer-3) New Delhi
Indian Energy Exchange Limited (IEX), an electronic system based power trading exchange, has started a real-time market (RTM) to meet the demand for electricity. This will enable the power companies to buy and sell electricity according to their needs only one hour before.About Indian Energy Exchange Limited (IEX): Headquarters– New Delhi.
- Which miniratna company has signed MoU with NIIFL and AYANA to explore and collaborate on opportunities in the solar energy sector recently.
1) Bharat Coking Coal Limited
2) Airports Authority of India
3) Gail (India) Limited
4) NTPC Limited
5) Ircon International LtdAnswer-5) Ircon International Ltd
Ircon International Ltd(IRCON), a Miniratna(Category-I) Schedule, public sector enterprise has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Limited(NIIFL) and Ayana Renewable Power Private Limited(AYANA), NIIF platform company to explore and collaborate on opportunities in the solar energy sector.
- RBI has extended the tenure of Subramanian Sundar as MD & CEO of Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) recently. Where is the HQ of LVB located?
4) New Delhi
5) MumbaiAnswer-2) Chennai
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) approved the extension of tenure for Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB) Managing Director (MD) and Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Subramanian Sundar by 6 months from May 31, 2020 to November 30, 2020 or till the appointment of new person for the post whichever is earlier.Lakshmi Vilas Bank (LVB): Headquarters– Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- PM Narendra Modi has appointed a committee to solve the difficulties in the implementation of Rs.3 Lakh crore collateral-free loan for MSME. Who heads the committee?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Amit Shah
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Prakash Javadekar
5) Nitin GadkariAnswer-1) Rajnath Singh
Prime Minister Narendra Modi appointed a committee headed by Rajnath Singh to solve the difficulties faced in the implementation of Rs.3 Lakh crore collateral-free loan for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises(MSME) announced by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on 13th May 2020 as a part of Rs.20 Lakh crore Covid-19 aid to raise the economy.
- What is the rank of India in “Countries Global Ranking of Startup Ecosystem 2020” report released by StartupBlink (topped by United States)?
5) 41Answer-1) 23
In accordance with the “Countries Global Ranking of Startup Ecosystem 2020” by global innovation mapping and research company StartupBlink, India ranked at 23rd position, a drop of 6 places from 17th position in 2019. The ranking has been topped by the United States (US), followed by the United Kingdom (UK), and Israel at 2nd and 3rd position.
Rank Country 1 United States (US) 2 United Kingdom (UK) 3 Israel 23 India
- Find the city which has topped among Indian cities in “2020 Cities Global Ranking of Startup Ecosystem” report.
4) New Delhi
5) HyderabadAnswer-2) Bengaluru
Among the top 100 startup cities, only four India cities were named in “2020 Cities Global Ranking of Startup Ecosystem” while total of 38 cities made it to the world’s top 1000 cities with startup ecosystems. Bengaluru (down by three ranks to 14th position), New Delhi (up by three spots to 15th position) Mumbai (improved by seven spots to 22nd position) Hyderabad (falling 21 ranks to disappointing 96th position). Last year, seven cities were ranked in the top 100 list versus four this year.
- Which company has acquired 51% stake in TP Central Odisha Distribution Ltd (TPCODL) recently?
1) JSW Energy
2) SJVN power
3) Reliance power
4) Tata power
5) NHPC ltdAnswer-4) Tata power
Tata Power Limited has acquired 51% stake in TP Central Odisha Distribution Ltd (TPCODL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Grid Corporation of Odisha (GRIDCO), for a consideration of Rs 178.5 crore. The remaining 49 % stake in TPCODL will be held by GRIDCO.
- Which institute/laboratory of DRDO has developed “Ultra Swachh” a disinfection unit to disinfect PPEs and other materials?
1) Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Science(INMAS)
2) Defence Institute of Physiology & Allied Sciences (DIPAS)
3) Defence Terrain Research Laboratory (DTRL)
4) Vehicles Research & Development Establishment (VRDE)
5) Institute for Systems Studies & Analyses (ISSA)Answer-1) Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Science (INMAS)
Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Science(INMAS) Delhi based laboratory of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) developed “Ultra Swachh” a disinfection unit to disinfect Personal Protective Equipment’s (PPEs), electronic items, fabrics and other materials. Industrial partner M/s Gel Craft Healthcare Private Ltd., Ghaziabad.
- Name the multipurpose algae-based respirator which was developed by Punjab based Lovely Professional University (LPU).
5) JeevanLiteAnswer-2) Oxigeno
A team of researchers from Lovely Professional University (LPU), Punjab, have developed a first of its kind multipurpose algae-based respirator called ‘Oxigeno’, which helps to boost the amount of oxygen passing through it and filters out 99.3 percent of the harmful gasses.
- Which ministry has released the e-booklet titled ‘One Year of Modi 2.0 – Towards A Self-Reliant India’?
1) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
2) Ministry of Home Affairs
3) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
4) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
5) Ministry of Science and TechnologyAnswer-3) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
A 92-page e-booklet called ‘One Year of Modi 2.0 – Towards A Self-Reliant India’ on the key achievements of the Modi government during its second term was released on June 1, 2020, by the Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B). This marks the first anniversary of the second term of the government.
- Jayanti Lal Nanoma who passed away recently is associated with which sport?
2) Pole Vault
5) RowingAnswer-4) Archery
Former international archer and Archer coach of Rajasthan JayantilalNanoma passed away at the age of 34 in Udaipur. From 2003 to 2010 he was a member of Indian Compound Teams and won in Asia Cup Grand Prix Archery Tournaments.
- P Namgyal who is in news recently is a renowned _________.
5) PoliticianAnswer-5) Politician
P Namgyal, former Union Minister and three-time Congress MP (Member of Parliament) from Ladakh, passed away at the age of 83 in the Union Territory of Ladakh. He was born on December 17, 1937 in Nubra, Ladakh.
- When was Global day of Parents celebrated annually?
1) June 3
2) June 12
3) May 29
4) June 5
5) June 1Answer-5) June 1
Global Day of Parents is celebrated every year on June 1 globally. The day was organized by the United Nations (UN) to emphasize the critical role that the family has the primary responsibility for the nurturing and protection of children.
- Which among the following day was observed on May 28 annually?
1) World Tiger Day
2) World Leopard Day
3) World Dugong Day
4) World Rhinoceros Day
5) World Lion DayAnswer-3) World Dugong Day
On May 28, World Dugong Day 2020 is observed to raise awareness and conserve an endangered marine species from extinction. The dugongs commonly known as the sea cow and its Scientific name is Dugong dugon, which is the world’s only vegetarian marine mammal threatened with extinction and is fighting for its survival in Indian waters.Unless conserve, one day become extinct.
- Name the portal which was launched by PM Modi to help the smaller MSMEs by resolving their grievances and the complaints received on the portal.
5) YUKTIAnswer-3) CHAMPIONS
Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has launched CHAMPIONS (Creation and Harmonious Application of Modern Processes for Increasing the Output and National Strength) to help the smaller MSMEs (Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises) by resolving their grievances and the complaints received on the portal will also be redressed within the prescribed limit.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Rani Rampal who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
5) FootballAnswer-1) Hockey
Hockey India nominated national women’s team captain Rani Rampal for the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award while VandanaKataria, Monika and Harmanpreet Singh were recommended for the Arjuna Award.
- Gir National Park is located in which state?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-5) Gujarat
A three-member central team is on the visit to Gujarat to assess the recent deaths of Asiatic lions in Gir forest. The team members visited various forest ranges in Amreli district yesterday. The three-member team includes experts from Wildlife Institute of India, Ministry of Forests and Environment and Indian Veterinary Institute.
- The India’s first dolphin observatory is planned to be launched in which state?
5) JharkhandAnswer-3) Bihar
Bihar government is setting up India’s first observatory for the mammals in Bhagalpur district. Construction at the Vikramshila Gangetic Dolphin Sanctuary (VGDS) in the state’s Bhagalpur district is scheduled to be completed by early next year.
- Which ministry has launched ‘PAiSA’ portal?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Health and Family Affairs
3) Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Panchayat RajAnswer-4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs on November 26, 2018 launched the ‘PAiSA’ – Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access, a centralised electronic platform for quicker processing of loans under the DeendayalAntyodayaYojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM).
- Who is the present MSME minister?
1) Rajnath Singh
2) Amit Shah
3) Nirmala Sitharaman
4) Prakash Javadekar
5) Nitin GadkariAnswer-5) Nitin Gadkari
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, a branch of the Government of India, is the apex executive body for the formulation and administration of rules, regulations and laws relating to micro, small and medium enterprises in India. Nitin Gadkari is the present MSME minister.