AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 October 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways, and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which is the first state to fix Minimum Support Price (MSP)/Base Price for 16 Agricultural items which include Vegetables, Fruits and Tubers?
1) Tamil Nadu
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Andhra Pradesh
Kerala became the First State in the Country to fix Minimum Support Price (MSP)/Base Price for 16 Agricultural items which include Vegetables, Fruits and Tubers to support farmers and boost agricultural sector. At the national level, MSP is declared for 23 agricultural items (inclusive of Sugarcane, the only crop MSP payment was legally implemented, for which Fair and Remunerative price was determined) primarily for grains, pulses, oilseeds, paddy and Copra.
- Who has inaugurated 24X7 Director Port Entry (DPE) facility for containers at the V. O. Chidambaranar Port Trust (Formerly Tuticorin Port Trust), Tuticorin (Tamil Nadu)?
1) Rattan Lal Kataria
2) Mansukh Mandaviya
3) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
4) Rao Inderjit Singh
5) Rajkumar Singh
Answer-2) Mansukh Mandaviya
Minister of State (MoS) (Independent Charge) for Shipping, Mansukh Mandaviya virtually inaugurated 24X7 Director Port Entry (DPE) facility for containers at the V. O. Chidambaranar Port Trust (Formerly Tuticorin Port Trust), Tuticorin (Tamil Nadu). The facility will bring efficiency and reduce dwell time; it will also lower tariff cost and improve competitiveness of shippers in International Trade.
- In how many states the Conservation Centers to protect vultures are to be set up under the Action Plan for Vulture Conservation 2020-2025?
In accordance to the Action Plan for Vulture Conservation 2020-2025 which was approved on October 5, 2020 by the National Board for Wildlife (NBWL), the five states viz. Uttar Pradesh (UP), Tripura, Maharashtra, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu will get vulture conservation and breeding centre each. Also, as a part of this plan there will be establishment of four rescue centres, in Pinjore (Haryana), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Guwahati (Assam) and Hyderabad (Telangana).
- India released commemorative postage stamp in New Delhi on which anniversary of United Nations (UN)?
Department of Posts (DoP), Ministry of Communications (MoC), Government of India released a commemorative postage stamp on the 75th anniversary of the United Nations (UN) Organisation. Dr. S Jaishankar, Union external affairs minister was the chief guest of the event. Dr. S Jaishankar mentioned the release of the commemorative stamp as a ‘befitting tribute’ to the 75 years of the UN.on October 24, 2020 The United Nations Postal Administration (UNPA) issued 3 stamp mini-sheets to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the United Nations day.
- Pakistan will remain in the ______ list of FATF till February 2021.
Marcus Pleyer of Germany, President of Financial Action Task Force (FATF); Global Terror Financing Watchdog announced that Pakistan will remain on the grey list of FATF till February 2021. The decision was made since Pakistan failed to fulfil 6 out of 27 mandates to check terror funding. In June 2020, Pakistan was retained in the grey till October 2020 since it failed to prosecute and penalise terrorist financing.
- Which state is going to implement Smart Black Board scheme for a better teaching environment?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Answer-4) Tamil Nadu
In order to ensure a better teaching environment, the Tamil Nadu government is implementing the Smart Black Board scheme in 80,000 government schools. The Smart Class Room scheme of the Central Education Ministry is being implemented in 7500 schools of the state.
- Which insurance company has partnered with FinServ MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv to offer two and four-wheeler insurance policies?
1) Bajaj Allianz
2) ACKO General Insurance
3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance
4) Reliance General Insurance
5) Tata AIG General Insurance
Answer-2) ACKO General Insurance
ACKO General Insurance partnered with Finserv MARKETS, a subsidiary of Bajaj Finserv to offer two and four-wheeler insurance policies. Under this partnership, customers can buy the ACKO insurance for the vehicles on the Finserv MARKETS platform and will also offer seamless and affordable insurance products to customers of Finserv markets.
- Government of India (India Post) has inked a MoU with which country for Electronic Exchange of Customs data related to postal shipments?
1) United States (UN)
Answer-1) United States (UN)
Department of Posts, Government of India (India Post) and United States Postal Service (USPS) have inked Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for Electronic Exchange of Customs data related to postal shipments. This MoU enables Exchange of Electronic Advance Data (EAD) i.e. transmitting and receiving of electronic data of international postal items prior to their physical arrival at the destination resulting in customs clearance of postal items in advance. The agreement was signed by Prannoy Sharma, Deputy Director General (International Relations & Global Business), Department of Posts, and Robert H. Raines Jr., Managing Director, Global Business of USPS.
- Which Shipyard has signed a MoU with Fincantieri S.P.A. of Italy for cooperation in the areas of Design, Ship Building, Ship Repair, Marine Equipment Manufacturing and also for Training & Skill Development?
1) Goa Shipyard Limited
2) Naval Dockyard (Visakhapatnam)
3) Hindustan Shipyard Limited
4) Cochin Shipyard Limited
5) Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust Mumbai
Answer-4) Cochin Shipyard Limited
Cochin Shipyard Limited and Fincantieri S.P.A. of Italy virtually signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for cooperation in the areas of Design, Ship Building, Ship Repair, Marine Equipment Manufacturing and also for Training & Skill Development. Bejoy Bhasker, Director (Technical) of Cochin Shipyard Ltd and Achille Fulfaro, Senior Vice President (Sales) of Fincantieri, Naval Vessel Business Unit signed the agreement through a video conference.
- Name the entity has signed a MOU with the National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC) to establish the first of its kind multilevel bus depots.
1) Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC)
2) Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC)
3) Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC)
4) Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC)
5) Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC)
Answer-3) Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC)
Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC) to establish the first of its kind multilevel bus depots with all modern facilities at Hari Nagar and Vasant Vihar in Delhi.
Under this MoU NBCC will take up the redevelopment of depots at Vasant Vihar and Hari Nagar and residential colonies of DTC in Shadipur and Hari Nagar. To improve the financial health of the corporation and increase parking space, development plans including the commercialisation of depots and terminals are being explored.
- Who has been roped in as a brand ambassador of Dr Trust, healthcare firm?
1) Virat Kohli
2) Sonu sood
3) Amir Khan
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Ajinkya Rahane
Answer-4) Rohit Sharma
Rohit Sharma, Indian Cricketer appointed as the brand ambassador of Dr Trust, healthcare firm. The right handed batsman will feature in a new integrated campaign for Dr Trust.
- Who has won the 2020 United Nations (UN) Global Climate Action Awards under Financing for Climate Friendly Investment?
1) C40 Cities Finance Facility
2) The Luxembourg Green Exchange
3) Payments for Environmental Services Program
4) Global Himalayan Expedition
5) Bioplanet Programme
Answer-4) Global Himalayan Expedition
Global Himalayan Expedition (GHE) of India won the 2020 United Nations (UN) Global Climate Action Awards under Financing for Climate Friendly Investment for its efforts to combat climate change amid COVID-19 pandemic. As Recognised by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) and the United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO), Global Himalayan Expedition (GHE) is the world’s first organisation to utilize the force of tourism integrated with technology to enable solar energy to remote communities. The awards are spearheaded by the Momentum for Change initiative of the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and showcase the most practical and replicable examples of climate change solutions across the globe.
- Who was virtually addressed the Sixth BRICS Parliamentary Forum?
1) Ram Nath Kovind
2) Narendra Modi
3) S Jaishankar
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) Om Birla
Answer-5) Om Birla
Lok Sabha Speaker, Om Birla virtually addressed the Sixth BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China & Republic of South Africa) Parliamentary Forum.
Theme of the meeting – “BRICS Partnership for Global Stability, Shared Security and Innovative Growth:Parliamentary Dimension”.
Chairman of the 6th BRICS Forum – Chairman of the State Duma of the Federal Assembly of Russia, Vyachaslav Volodin.
Apart from Lok Sabha Speaker, Om Birla, Chairman of Parliamentary Standing Committee on Chemicals and Fertilisers (Lok Sabha), Kanimozhi Karunanidhi participated in the meeting.
- India hosted ________ India-United States (US) 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue in New Delhi on Oct.27,2020.
India hosted the third India-United States (US) 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue in New Delhi where India side was represented by Raksha Mantri (Defence Minister) Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister Dr. Subrahmanyam Jaishankar and the US side was represented by Secretary of State Michael Richard Pompeo also known as Mike Pompeo and Secretary of Defense Mark Thomas Esper. The agenda for this covered all bilateral, regional and global issues of mutual interest. India, U.S sign five agreements including ‘Basic Exchange and Cooperation Agreement’.
- Which Day is observed as International Animation Day?
1) October 25
2) October 26
3) October 27
4) October 28
5) October 29
Answer-4) October 28
International Animation Day (IAD) is annually celebrated across the globe on October 28 and this year (2020) marks the 19th anniversary of IAD. The day is celebrated to recognize honour and celebrate the artists, the scientists and also the technicians behind animated art including animated movies.
- A web portal named Sumangal Portal for inter-caste married couples was launched by which State/UT?
4) Madhya Pradesh
Naveen Patnaik, Chief Minister of Odisha launched 2 web portals over a virtual platform. The two portals are, Integrated Odisha State Scholarship Portal which provides scholarship to the eligible students and Sumangal Portal provides incentive to inter-caste marriage couples.The Sumangal Portal was developed by the Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes Development Department.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Onam is a festival celebrated in which State?
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Onam is an annual holiday and festival celebrated in southern Indian state of Kerala. It is a harvest festival celebrated by Malayalis whose date is based on the Hindu Panchangam.
- Calicut International Airport is located in which state?
4) West Bengal
5) Tamil Nadu
Calicut International Airport, also known as Karipur Airport, is an international airport located in Karipur, Malappuram district of Kerala, India. It serves the Malabar region of Kozhikode, Malappuram, Wayanad and Palakkad.
- Sambalpur Elephant Reserve is located in which state?
1) Uttar Pradesh
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Three Elephant Reserves (ERs), the Mayurbhanj ER, Mahanadi ER and Sambalpur ER were notified in the State in the years 2001 and 2002 to define the prime elephant habitats and to launch various management interventions for conservation of elephant.
- Great Living Chola Temples is a UNESCO heritage site from which state?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Answer-5) Tamil Nadu
The Great Living Chola Temples is a UNESCO World Heritage Site designation for a group of Chola dynasty era Hindu temples in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu.
- Ramadevara Betta Sanctuary is located in which state?
2) Andhra Pradesh
5) Tamil Nadu
Ramadevara Betta is the only Vulture Sanctuary in India, located 70 km away from the Bangalore in Kyatsandra, Karnataka. Ramadevarabetta is home to critically endangered Indian long billed vulture,Egyptian vulture and other critical birds like yellow throated bulbul.